Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221446 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#102970 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Original/first generation documentation. None for Moses. Still losing.
Do you think 4-7 thousand of years from now they will be able to prove Billy the Kid? Exactly, only by passed down stories and books.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#102971 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure there is. It is in a book many people wrote and in stories passed down through generations about God. Sorry as in much of history there are no eyewitnesses left and no pictures.
Just like Billy the Kid. They are no eye witnesses left, only stories in books, on paper and what has been passes down through the generations.
If you want to think the two are equivalent, go right ahead. I can't fix stupid.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#102972 Oct 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>your cult says it is the innerrant word of god. it has to be if the god they attempted to create is real.
What is funny you think the bible is false because man wrote it but yet you believe it is the word of God because the same man said so. LOL Great logic.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#102973 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Does God say that or man?
Haven't the balls to answer, huh? Figures.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#102974 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice way to dance around the issue. I never used the word "divine", numbnutz. So skip the bullshit. We all agree that the words were written down by man. The question to you is, do you believe the bible was dictated by and/or authored (or any similar words) by a supreme being? Yes or no.
What part of "man wrote the bible" confuses you? Man wrote the bible from experiences that happened and that were witnessed by others.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#102975 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Haven't the balls to answer, huh? Figures.
It is not my fault you believe God wrote the bible that you believe is false/ That is your choice to believe that.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#102976 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to think the two are equivalent, go right ahead. I can't fix stupid.
They both are stories that only exist on paper and passed down stories from generations. Agreed? So yes in a sense they are the same. Use that logic that you claim you have to figure that out.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#102977 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice you have said several times "if" the bible is the word of God. Man wrote the bible from experiences, witnesses, happenings, etc etc that they say happened.
Now lets look at your logic. You say the bible was written by God based on what man has said.
Then in the same breath you say what man has said in the bible is lies.
So why do you keep saying the bible is written after Gods words. Why would you believe that if you think man lied?
WTF? You really haven't any idea of what I've said, do you? You so busy trying to be right, you can't take the time to digest what I have actually said.

I didn't say the bible was written after god's words. I don't buy that at all.

Yes, man does lie. And I'm looking straight at you.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#102978 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. 1000's of years apart. The older a story is, the harder it is to prove. I thought you would have figured that one out by now.
Me? Shit, numbnuts, you're the one having a problem with the concept.

But thanks for admitting that your Billy the Kid sidetrack has nothing to due with authenticating Moses.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#102979 Oct 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if they cannot be taken literally then , again the god they attempt to create is just another myth.
you are great at disproving the god of your cult! keep it up!
Literally as in they saw the ends of the earth. You think they meant the world ended. Go look out over a ocean and or desert to the horizon, it actually does looks like the world ends but with our knowledge we know better.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#102980 Oct 23, 2013
Campbell wrote:
This can have no other meaning:
Revelations 21
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Your book is a bunch of myths my friend.

You are being mislead.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#102981 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
WTF? You really haven't any idea of what I've said, do you? You so busy trying to be right, you can't take the time to digest what I have actually said.
I didn't say the bible was written after god's words. I don't buy that at all.
Yes, man does lie. And I'm looking straight at you.
Your looking at me? Well I better go get dressed before you get all excited. LOL

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#102982 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What is funny you think the bible is false because man wrote it but yet you believe it is the word of God because the same man said so. LOL Great logic.
do you realize how absolutely stupid you are making yourself out to be?

where have i stated i believe it to be the word of god?!? me, the person who has clearly said the god of your cult has been proven to be false a thousand times in teh last week...

you are too stupid for this conversation...

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#102983 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think 4-7 thousand of years from now they will be able to prove Billy the Kid? Exactly, only by passed down stories and books.
Given the digital age, likely as well as we can right now. The information may become more obscure but I doubt it will disappear.

But they will still have absolutely nothing on a real Moses.
Campbell

Kingston, TN

#102984 Oct 23, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
The local flood you are probably referring to happened around 2900 BC (in Mesopotamia) and was said to have been about 400 miles long and about 200 miles wide. That could have very easily started a myth of a world-wide flood by those who survived.
Let's see.....the bible indicates that after a few weeks the ark settled on Mt. Ararat. That mountain is nearly four miles high....DUH

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#102985 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Literally as in they saw the ends of the earth. You think they meant the world ended. Go look out over a ocean and or desert to the horizon, it actually does looks like the world ends but with our knowledge we know better.
that makes no sense.

either the bible is the literal word of god, or it is man-made. either way ti proves the god of your cult to be false.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#102986 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not my fault you believe God wrote the bible that you believe is false/ That is your choice to believe that.
You must be incorrigibly stupid. You know damn right well that is not my position.

When you stoop to blatant lies, it is a sure sign you're losing and you know it.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#102987 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And still not the balls to answer.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#102988 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
They both are stories that only exist on paper and passed down stories from generations. Agreed? So yes in a sense they are the same. Use that logic that you claim you have to figure that out.
So everything on paper is equally valid, right? And everything on the internet is true. Putz.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#102989 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Your looking at me? Well I better go get dressed before you get all excited. LOL
Sorry. If you looking for a date, you'll have to look elsewhere. But, hey, to each his own. Nothing to be embarrassed about in this day and age.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Days After Posting Bail, Warrant Out For Man Ch... 2 min Christsharia sLaw 4
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 4 min Fish_sticks 75,321
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 5 min Waiting on Football 4,105
News Ben & Jerry's 'no-same-flavor' rule implemented... 8 min Christsharia sLaw 19
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 10 min twowheelsforever 21,958
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 10 min Sharlene45 217,344
News Weird 4 mins ago 8:41 p.m.Judge denies accused ... 18 min Christsharia sLaw 1
Memorial Day 50 min Info 6
More from around the web