Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
97,321 - 97,340 of 113,237 Comments Last updated 7 min ago

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Since it is an anonymous site, I don't think people who select the judgits are cowards because they are even more anonymous. In fact, I don't think about them much at all. I know there those who claim to know who gives them negative judgits, but that is just blind speculation. There is no way to know. It turns out to be more amusing watching them go on about the judgits than it is to waste time giving any to those people. I occasionally give them if the comments are especially good or especially stupid and I don't have time to comment fully, but for the most part I don't think about them.
Making the givers visible would be fine by me.
I agree. I think it would be good for someone to know I think they're a moron!

BTW, I don't think that anyone use uses them is necessarily a coward. I imagine some are done in response to a post that is just too stupid to waste more an a couple of clicks on.

Jim Ryan, for example.
;-)

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

Or Charles Idemi.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I never paid full attention to the accounts of "toad licking" to follow up on the validity. I just figured that people that interested in being high will indulge in the most dangerous risks, so licking a toad probably wasn't that big a deal to them.
it seemed to be more of a fad. the only reason i know anything about it is that a favorite author of mine wrote about it..

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I've been by Toad Suck, but never actually to it. It is on the way to Little Rock. It isn't the most fortunate name and is even worse than the name of my home town in Missouri.
Northwest of Little Rock, near Conway. I have friends form Conway. Never been there myself.
DanFromSmithville wrote:
A few years ago I heard a story reported to have taken place near Chunky Gal Mountain. I don't remember the story, but I didn't believe it was a real place. It is. It is in North Carolina and based on an Cherokee legend according to what I read.
Google is your friend:
http://www.bluewatersmtnl.com/how-chunky-gal-...
http://geo.ua.edu/field-trips/field-trips/chu...

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I think it would be good for someone to know I think they're a moron!
BTW, I don't think that anyone use uses them is necessarily a coward. I imagine some are done in response to a post that is just too stupid to waste more an a couple of clicks on.
Jim Ryan, for example.
;-)
I once had a confrontation with a traffic cop who cut me up at a set of traffic lights.

Cop, Now madam do you realise …. Etc etc, etc …. Ect…

Me, You are an idiot.

Cop You do realise that I should arrest you for speaking like that

Me, OK then, I am sure you can’t arrest me for thinking so I think you are an idiot

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he certainly seems overly concerned with what the people here think of him...
classical insecurity.
Reminds me of Urb freaking out about it.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of Urb freaking out about it.
not familiar with Urb, but i have seen many people on Topix and other sites that seem far more concerned with the likes or whatever they call them than what they actually post...

my best advice is to ignore them completely use actual words to agree or disagree with a post.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not familiar with Urb, but i have seen many people on Topix and other sites that seem far more concerned with the likes or whatever they call them than what they actually post...
my best advice is to ignore them completely use actual words to agree or disagree with a post.
Urban Cowboy. A dyed-in-the-wool creationist who is quite sure he knows everything. Lately he's been arguing with Polymath, a PhD, on entropy on the "Should evolution be taught in high school' thread.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Urban Cowboy. A dyed-in-the-wool creationist who is quite sure he knows everything. Lately he's been arguing with Polymath, a PhD, on entropy on the "Should evolution be taught in high school' thread.
yeah, i just recently clicked on the evolution debate forum for the first time and saw that thread. seemed like a long discussion on math concepts way beyond my paygrade...

let me know if they get back to talking about creationism being taught in schools...

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, i just recently clicked on the evolution debate forum for the first time and saw that thread. seemed like a long discussion on math concepts way beyond my paygrade...
let me know if they get back to talking about creationism being taught in schools...
Actually, the entropy debate has been fairly recent. And fairly long. And fairly boring. It Urb's attempt to prove evolution is impossible because of the Second Law of Thermodynamics.{yawn}

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuts. You are pretty damned quick to throw that "liar" term out there over something that you've seen posted before and is on the ---> very first page of your own book.
Gen 1:11-12 Plants - the third day
Gen 1:14-16 the Sun and moon - the fourth day
Genesis 2;

2 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.

2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.

5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[a] and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, 6 but streams[b] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the point being that the story the bible gave supposedly came from an infallible god or was divinely inspired by that same god.
since the global flood didn't happen, this dipsroves the infallibility of that god or the concept of divine inspiration in the writing of the bible...
Where in the bible does "God" say the world flooded?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Genesis 2;
2 Thus the heavens and the earth were completed in all their vast array.
2 By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on the seventh day he rested from all his work. 3 Then God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.
4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created, when the Lord God made the earth and the heavens.
5 Now no shrub had yet appeared on the earth[a] and no plant had yet sprung up, for the Lord God had not sent rain on the earth and there was no one to work the ground, 6 but streams[b] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground.
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Genesis-C...

grass, herbs, trees...all in verse 12. again, your cult's attempt to create a god failed miserably.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. However, that takes the all-knowing, bible dictating god out of the picture.
So you say because they didn't know as much as God, then God must be false. Interesting.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ignorant in the sense of uneducated or lacking knowledge is an appropriate word to use. It doesn't mean they were idiots.
They could not lack in knowledge if said knowledge did not exist.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the entropy debate has been fairly recent. And fairly long. And fairly boring. It Urb's attempt to prove evolution is impossible because of the Second Law of Thermodynamics.{yawn}
Ahhh...the ol' " it can't become more complex" argument totally ignoring the massive amount of energy input into our sytem here on earth? yeah, that is a tired old one.

the fundie sites should take that one off their list...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So no divine inspiration? so then the bible is just the word of man, thus the god therein is just the creation of man.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
doesn't the bible clearly say god told noah that he would flood the world, and then gave the rainbow as his word he wouldn't do it again?

that sounds a lot like god saying he flooded the world.

perhaps you should read your cult book some more...

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Gebnesis 6:17
And behold, I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Genesis 7:19
And the waters prevailed exceedingly on the earth, and all the high hills under the whole heaven were covered.

Genesis 7:20
The waters prevailed fifteen cubits upward, and the mountains were covered.

You have another interpretation?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Genesis-C...
grass, herbs, trees...all in verse 12. again, your cult's attempt to create a god failed miserably.
Yep I guess a book that is written never changes from chapter to chapter as the understanding gets clearer. OH wait, they do change as the writer/writers understands things more. Non-fiction books, science books, law books, medical books, just about every book that has been written changes in the chapters as the topic being written about is more understood.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••