Evolution vs. Creation

Jan 6, 2011 Read more: Best of New Orleans 159,184
High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#102861 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
They could not lack in knowledge if said knowledge did not exist.
Is this what passes for brilliance in your neck of the woods?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#102862 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep I guess a book that is written never changes from chapter to chapter as the understanding gets clearer. OH wait, they do change as the writer/writers understands things more. Non-fiction books, science books, law books, medical books, just about every book that has been written changes in the chapters as the topic being written about is more understood.
how would that explain it clearly stating there was grass, herbs and trees on the Earth before there was rain or before there was a sun?

and again, you are just disproving divine inspiration, and thus your god.

St. Croix valley

#102863 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Written by man.
then the god created in the bible is also created by man, and thus proved to not be a god...

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#102864 Oct 23, 2013
Much of our history must be false as well being it was written by other men.

Take Billy the Kid. He must be a myth. He never wrote a book and the books about him were written by other men from accounts that some say they saw or heard. So he has to be a myth too right?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102865 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. Man wrote that, not God. You all keep referring to God as the writer of the bible when in was man.
No argument. Then you must accept that the bible is NOT the inerrant word of god.

And it's not us who keeps referring to god as the writer of the bible. That would be your fundie friends.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102866 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Is this what passes for brilliance in your neck of the woods?
So then all present man, all science, all technology, all scientists, ect are ignorant because there are things we don't yet know and things not yet invented or understood.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102867 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Take Billy the Kid. He must be a myth. He never wrote a book and the books about him were written by other men from accounts that some say they saw or heard. So he has to be a myth too right?
Resisting the impulse to click Clueless, Nuts and Spam.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102868 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So then all present man, all science, all technology, all scientists, ect are ignorant because there are things we don't yet know and things not yet invented or understood.
We are ignorant of many things, yes. But less so than the ancient Hebrews.

Do you also argue with your refrigerator?
Edjukater

Anonymous Proxy

#102869 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I took care of it for you. That was jumping the shark and deserved it.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102870 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
We are ignorant of many things, yes. But less so than the ancient Hebrews.
Do you also argue with your refrigerator?
Who is arguing? I am agreeing with you that if knowledge is not known that people are ignorant. Since there is more to learn, all of mankind today is still ignorant.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102871 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
This is fundamentalist "logic". You don't agree with the fundies, yet given a chance you think in the same way that they do.

Take a chill pill and try to think logically.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102872 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have evidence that Billy the Kid is real or do you just have old west stories and books. There is only one picture that exists that is supposed to be him but no one really knows if it is or not.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102873 Oct 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
This is fundamentalist "logic". You don't agree with the fundies, yet given a chance you think in the same way that they do.
Take a chill pill and try to think logically.
By what has been said about ignorance, if knowledge that does not exist is not known then people are ignorant. That has been said several times now. So I agree, if man doesn't know it, even if man doesn't know it because it doesn't exist yet, then man is ignorant.

St. Croix valley

#102874 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
that's about the worst logic you have used yet, and that is saying quite a bit...

the life of billy the kid can be verified by many sources. there is only one source for your god, and it proves your god to be false.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102875 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have evidence that Billy the Kid is real or do you just have old west stories and books. There is only one picture that exists that is supposed to be him but no one really knows if it is or not.
Ask me if I care.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102876 Oct 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that's about the worst logic you have used yet, and that is saying quite a bit...
the life of billy the kid can be verified by many sources. there is only one source for your god, and it proves your god to be false.
One source for God? One source from many different cultures. The witness's are not around to tell it anymore so we have to go by what is written.

Well would you look at that. It is the same way for Billy the Kid. The witness's are not around to tell it anymore so we have to go by what is written.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102877 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask me if I care.
Whether you care or not is irrelevant. Using your logic on God because of the bible one can use the same logic on Billy the Kid.

No one alive to tell the story. Not having pictures of him. Nothing to prove him true but written stories.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102878 Oct 23, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Austin gets permits to do real science (like for 30 years in the Grand Canyon), get's signs and guidebooks changed, gets papers published (like his nautiloid work in the Redwall) proving his theories with full support of the Natl Park service and presents to them often. You do any of that?
Sorry, but any paper Austin gets published are either not in peer-reviewed science journals or not supportive of YECism.

By the way, your position still makes evidence superfluous. So why be so disingenuous?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102879 Oct 23, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
So instead of finding something or anything to challenge the evidence and logic I present, we go for a philosophy lecture and an attack on my intellect. Not buying it sir, go find some facts. While you look, explain to the world the Prokaryote Axial Motor evolution, the supreme evolutionary litmus test of full and complete brainwashing.
I did not attack your intellect, I pointed out the vacuousness, dishonesty and hypocrisy of your position. Since you're a flood proponent there was nothing in your alleged 'evidence' to demonstrate that such an event could occur, as we already did the flood to death a few weeks before you turned up. Of course another thing your links to "evidence" also appeal to is invisible Jewmagic, in which case the Noachian global flood COULD have happened.

But it just means you're still a massive liar by claiming to have evidence. But hey man, don't let anything so inconvenient like a COMMANDMENT FROM GOD stop you from a little thing like that.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102880 Oct 23, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the observable, repeatable and testable evidence rules out simply nature
Since so far there is nothing else BUT nature that's been demonstrated ever to exist ever, your claim is so far off the deep end you're literally having intercourse with Bizzarro.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 26 min Wolftracks 40,127
News Doctor: Cabbage can cure erectile dysfunction (Jun '09) 27 min peterson1111 303
Word Association (Jun '10) 1 hr Mega Monster 27,260
What do Latino girls like about black guys? (Aug '07) 1 hr kikfreshoutthesho... 229
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr SLY WEST 161,010
Word Association (Mar '10) 2 hr Mega Monster 16,942
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 3 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 2,818
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 3 hr Rose of Tralee 1,400
motorcycle traveling stories 5 hr NinaRocks 243
News NY Man Demonstrates How Not to Get Rid of Bedbugs 5 hr Sullytube 15
More from around the web