Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
97,241 - 97,260 of 113,285 Comments Last updated 6 hrs ago

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically <500 ft. The overburden is sedimentary and uniform, all coal overburden is. Once in while crude oil is hit. This closed a portion of KY's largest U/G mine 3 years ago. I was there just after it happened. Why is there so much natural gas under such pressure? It would breakdown and depressurize in short order. The picture underground is an active volatile environment full of dangerous hydrocarbons, not old age. Well logs nor deep mine exposures never show multiple environments that long-age demands. It show's as placid first earth, one major catastrophe of unimaginable scale, the buried remains of an early and much different earth then subsequent local events. I've worked in many of the worlds deep supermines, same picture. I am pretty sure that "pyroclastic" flows were coined because of the events @ St.Helens, forcing rethinking of feature forming theory, challenging the "one grain of sand at a time" valley concept.
I have been doing some reading and the term "pyroclastic flow" was first coined in 1902 to describe the eruption of Mount Pelée on Martinique. I would think a guy deep in the geology side would know that.

What does that mean that you did the geology side in college? Does that mean you have a geology degree? Graduated? Took one geology class?

What does the presence of oil or natural gas have to do with the rapid burial that explains the existence of polystrate fossils? You know that geology has known the origin of these fossils for 150 years and it fits with scientific theory and doesn't need a mythical flood to provide the answer.

Isn't most natural gas underground? If it breaks down or depressurizes then we wouldn't have any to cook our food. Now I know that places like Lake Erie have some natural gas dissolved in the water and you can actually set it alight, but that isn't most of it. Since you brought it up, I thought I would comment.

I can't wait to see your next post in that evasive, sort of saying something without saying anything style you have developed.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, you have officially claimed the Stupid Crown from Jim Ryan.
As you have been told before, whether god, aliens or simply nature was the cause, once the was no life and then there was. Even the bible agrees with this. Abiogenesis. Or biopoiesis, if you prefer. Simple concept but evidently still to complicated for your tiny intellect.
Keep it up. You can still take the Village Idiot title away from him.
Well the observable, repeatable and testable evidence rules out simply nature

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really want an answer you have a lot to learn first.
And you mush change your attitude, otherwise no one will help you with an answer.
Apologizing for being a total idiot would be a good first step. You know that you have earned all of the derision that has rained down upon you and ten times that to boot.
Derision from fools is like the morning mist, thin and vanishing. I love your condescending attitude though.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any links to real sites that support your claims about the $6,000,000 man?
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Read the links, they are footnoted. Call the geology section at the GC, check with them. Steve did blow the world of theoretical physical geology to pieces, gotta give him credit and he is no pushover. God is using him.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Blow Hard. I've never said anything about a key of life. Ever. You must be getting pretty desperate when all you can do is outright lie. But not really a surprise coming from a snot-nosed 3rd grader like yourself.
I can see how you'd have a hard time keeping track of anything. Especially who said what. Maybe some Post-It notes on your monitor would help.
You're making Jim Ryan look like a genius.
Holy shit your right!...it was another dumbass! ha,ha,ha.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically <500 ft. The overburden is sedimentary and uniform, all coal overburden is. Once in while crude oil is hit. This closed a portion of KY's largest U/G mine 3 years ago. I was there just after it happened. Why is there so much natural gas under such pressure? It would breakdown and depressurize in short order. The picture underground is an active volatile environment full of dangerous hydrocarbons, not old age. Well logs nor deep mine exposures never show multiple environments that long-age demands. It show's as placid first earth, one major catastrophe of unimaginable scale, the buried remains of an early and much different earth then subsequent local events. I've worked in many of the worlds deep supermines, same picture. I am pretty sure that "pyroclastic" flows were coined because of the events @ St.Helens, forcing rethinking of feature forming theory, challenging the "one grain of sand at a time" valley concept.
I've read that if the earth was more than 10,000 years old it would be impossible for gas and oil underground to remain under pressure for that long. Do you know anything about that?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a very very very very small chance that biology and geology could be wrong. The odds are infinitely higher that you are wrong.
Once again you have shown yourself to be an ignorant fool. There is evidence that supports abiogenesis, there is no evidence that supports the Adam and Eve myth or the Flood myth. There is no evidence for any of the supposed works of God in the Bible. If those happened there would be evidence of those events.
No evidence means no events.
If Riverside redneck improves his attitude will you give him the evidence of abiogenesis that you keep to yourself?.........ha,ha,ha.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Derision from fools is like the morning mist, thin and vanishing. I love your condescending attitude though.
Bohart, you are of course the fool here.

You have no science education. You have repeatedly shown yourself to be a complete moron. Remember when it comes to unbiased judges your side always, and I mean every single time, loses.

Why do you think your idiocy is banned at public schools?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read that if the earth was more than 10,000 years old it would be impossible for gas and oil underground to remain under pressure for that long. Do you know anything about that?
Yes, it is a complete bullshit lie made up by creatards without a lick of evidence that supports them.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
So instead of finding something or anything to challenge the evidence and logic I present, we go for a philosophy lecture and an attack on my intellect. Not buying it sir, go find some facts. While you look, explain to the world the Prokaryote Axial Motor evolution, the supreme evolutionary litmus test of full and complete brainwashing.
http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/a-questio...
This idiocy has been debunked many times over here is a link to a simplified YouTube video that debunks this. The video has a link to a much more complex paper. The paper has over 200 peer reviewed articles that it refers to. I don't think the creatards here could even understand the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
bohart is a freak.

He thinks that 50 people pissing on him is a "thin morning mist".

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Read the links, they are footnoted. Call the geology section at the GC, check with them. Steve did blow the world of theoretical physical geology to pieces, gotta give him credit and he is no pushover. God is using him.
No, they aren't. They only refer to more garbage.

I asked for real peer reviewed science.

Do you have any?

And Steve Austin only blew himself to pieces. He has zero respect in the field of geology.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is a complete bullshit lie made up by creatards without a lick of evidence that supports them.
You do know that science says a flood of Noah's scale may have happened in the middle east, just not world wide don't you?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that science says a flood of Noah's scale may have happened in the middle east, just not world wide don't you?
No, a Noah's Ark Flood would require over 5 miles of water covering the whole Earth.

And are you sure that you are not conflating your Middle East Flood with the possible Black Sea flood? If you do the math on that one you will find that it was a flood that people could and would have walked away from:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, a Noah's Ark Flood would require over 5 miles of water covering the whole Earth.
And are you sure that you are not conflating your Middle East Flood with the possible Black Sea flood? If you do the math on that one you will find that it was a flood that people could and would have walked away from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Sea_deluge...
As I said "a flood of Noah's scale may have happened in the middle east, just not world"

Yes, Noah's Flood May Have Happened, But Not Over the Whole Earth

http://ncse.com/rncse/29/5/yes-noahs-flood-ma...

So one could reason if it could happen regionally at one place, it could happen regionally anywhere.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said "a flood of Noah's scale may have happened in the middle east, just not world"
Yes, Noah's Flood May Have Happened, But Not Over the Whole Earth
http://ncse.com/rncse/29/5/yes-noahs-flood-ma...
So one could reason if it could happen regionally at one place, it could happen regionally anywhere.
Sorry, but the key word you used was "scale". You used it twice. That still would require at least locally 5 vertical miles of water.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but the key word you used was "scale". You used it twice. That still would require at least locally 5 vertical miles of water.
The problem is that you base/judge those days on your knowledge of today.

Back in those days, like the BS flat earth you all go on about, if they did not have any means to know better, then they could not know better. Still to this day, if you did not know better and you were looking out to the horizon over land or sea, the world would look like it came to an end. Agreed?

The flood story I posted. Again back then if you did not and could not know better, with 1.6 million square kilometers under water,,, one would believe the world was flooded. Agreed?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Back in those days, like the BS flat earth you all go on about, if they did not have any means to know better, then they could not know better. Still to this day, if you did not know better and you were looking out to the horizon over land or sea, the world would look like it came to an end. Agreed?
The flood story I posted. Again back then if you did not and could not know better, with 1.6 million square kilometers under water,,, one would believe the world was flooded. Agreed?
I am not denying that a flood story could have arisen from such a flood. And locals might think that the whole world had flooded. I have no problem with the various possible logical explanations for the Flood myth. The fact is that is not even 1% of the Earth's surface. No animal species were threatened, man was not threatened. Man did not recover from only 8 individuals.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
This isn't new information to this forum. It has been discussed at length before.

No one has missed that lack of knowledge by ancient people resulted in explanations that over the top so to speak. The flooding of the Black Sea is potentially a source of origin of the Genesis flood.

What has been in contention are the claims by Fundamentalists that the flood occurred absolutely and that Genesis is an accurate depiction of that event.

By the way, a flood of the same scale as the Genesis flood would be a global flood. I think what you mean to say is that there were floods of reduced scale, but because of ignorance they were believed to be of the whole world.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>This isn't new information to this forum. It has been discussed at length before.
No one has missed that lack of knowledge by ancient people resulted in explanations that over the top so to speak. The flooding of the Black Sea is potentially a source of origin of the Genesis flood.
What has been in contention are the claims by Fundamentalists that the flood occurred absolutely and that Genesis is an accurate depiction of that event.
By the way, a flood of the same scale as the Genesis flood would be a global flood. I think what you mean to say is that there were floods of reduced scale, but because of ignorance they were believed to be of the whole world.
No I don't think people back in those days were ignorant. They were smart for their time. Just not as advanced as we are now.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

99 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min wichita-rick 141,726
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min Selene 16,298
topix.com describe in one word (Apr '13) 8 min Dr_Dirty 130
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 8 min Adrian DeVine 6,829
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 10 min whatimeisit 28,371
30,000 post wins (May '13) 14 min LOL 789
Is Staked and Prouds avatar pic appropriate for... (May '11) 14 min Adrian DeVine 3,395
Grammar Blogger Fired Over 'Homo' in 'Homophones' 30 min Phyllis Schlafly s Stain 17
Bear Saves Drowning Crow 2 hr Phyllis Schlafly s Stain 4
•••
•••