Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221199 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#102826 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that science says a flood of Noah's scale may have happened in the middle east, just not world wide don't you?
the point being that the story the bible gave supposedly came from an infallible god or was divinely inspired by that same god.

since the global flood didn't happen, this dipsroves the infallibility of that god or the concept of divine inspiration in the writing of the bible...

St. Croix valley

#102827 Oct 23, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Looking for a rebuttal challenging something or anything here so I guess you have nothing.
it would take linking thoughts together...you were not able to do so, apparently...

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#102828 Oct 23, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Austin gets permits to do real science (like for 30 years in the Grand Canyon), get's signs and guidebooks changed, gets papers published (like his nautiloid work in the Redwall) proving his theories with full support of the Natl Park service and presents to them often. You do any of that? A Penn State PhD is no keeper of "His credentials are all the more reason for you to view his religious sycophantic presentation with shame and chagrin." Shame, what shame? Call Penn State and tell them their PhD program is shamefull, and what credentials do you have to question him? As a professional I can tell you your statements are gobbelygoop and make no sense. As the Tapeats is a pure sandstone with signs of a turbidite (and fossilized) how can you date it?? I know this because I researched there, and about the Kaibab, it's full of hot uranium (likely caused the upwarp) and again a water deposited sediment with fossils. The only "dating" means is using marine fossils based on what??, comparisons and guessing. Moving water and homogenous layers are evidenced everywhere in the Canyon. Sorry, but you are very mistaken.
http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/the-grand...
http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/10/the-grand...
It doesn't make any difference how many hours or where a QUACK has been able to sit through classes to attain letters behind his name and I would bet that the geology department faculty at Penn State does a collective face palm at the mere mention of Steve Austin. I could address and refute your belief that the Grand Canyon was created by a Noachian flood point by point - with similar results of other times. Apologists see no ethical issues with "divert, deceive, distort, distract, ignore." You've "taught" me the errors of being patient enough to invest the effort with your miserable ilk to that degree. I said that you and Austin should have chagrin and shame, not that you are remotely capable of it or even understanding why you should.
I'll take Billy Joel's advice about those who would claim that there were dinosaurs and trilobites living side by side with humans 6,000 years ago. "You should never argue with a crazy ma ma ma man; You oughtta know by now."

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#102829 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem is that you base/judge those days on your knowledge of today.
Back in those days, like the BS flat earth you all go on about, if they did not have any means to know better, then they could not know better. Still to this day, if you did not know better and you were looking out to the horizon over land or sea, the world would look like it came to an end. Agreed?
The flood story I posted. Again back then if you did not and could not know better, with 1.6 million square kilometers under water,,, one would believe the world was flooded. Agreed?
Agreed. However, that takes the all-knowing, bible dictating god out of the picture.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102830 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to call a culture naturally ignorant because they did not know the knowledge that did not exist.
Ignorant in the sense of uneducated or lacking knowledge is an appropriate word to use. It doesn't mean they were idiots.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102831 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes no sense why someone would judge this comment. Talk about IGNORANT!!! LMAO
I told you that you would call this upon yourself if you kept on about it.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#102832 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I actually have a t-shirt from Toad Suck, Arkansas. Once voted the most embarrassing/unfortunate town names.
I've been by Toad Suck, but never actually to it. It is on the way to Little Rock. It isn't the most fortunate name and is even worse than the name of my home town in Missouri.

A few years ago I heard a story reported to have taken place near Chunky Gal Mountain. I don't remember the story, but I didn't believe it was a real place. It is. It is in North Carolina and based on an Cherokee legend according to what I read.

St. Croix valley

#102833 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
he certainly seems overly concerned with what the people here think of him...

classical insecurity.

St. Croix valley

#102834 Oct 23, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I've been by Toad Suck, but never actually to it. It is on the way to Little Rock. It isn't the most fortunate name and is even worse than the name of my home town in Missouri.
A few years ago I heard a story reported to have taken place near Chunky Gal Mountain. I don't remember the story, but I didn't believe it was a real place. It is. It is in North Carolina and based on an Cherokee legend according to what I read.
on the toad licking thing, it seems the digestive system negates any hallucinogens before they can enter the system, this is why any hallucinogenic secretions must be dried, then smoked...

Level 9

#102835 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
He has a penchant for blaming the first person he sees after an event and he has blamed me and several others for this particular one. I admit that on occasion I have done it just to get him going, but almost every time he has accused me, it was someone else. Lately, he has been getting hammered by several someones it appears. Like most of his contradictory behavior, it is amusing to watch him go on and on about how it doesn't bother him. For a time anyway.

Level 9

#102836 Oct 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he certainly seems overly concerned with what the people here think of him...
classical insecurity.
I wonder if it borders on narcissism? Certainly overly concerned about how he is thought of. Definitely he wants to be seen as someone to be reckoned with.

Level 9

#102837 Oct 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>on the toad licking thing, it seems the digestive system negates any hallucinogens before they can enter the system, this is why any hallucinogenic secretions must be dried, then smoked...
I never paid full attention to the accounts of "toad licking" to follow up on the validity. I just figured that people that interested in being high will indulge in the most dangerous risks, so licking a toad probably wasn't that big a deal to them.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102838 Oct 23, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Since it is an anonymous site, I don't think people who select the judgits are cowards because they are even more anonymous. In fact, I don't think about them much at all. I know there those who claim to know who gives them negative judgits, but that is just blind speculation. There is no way to know. It turns out to be more amusing watching them go on about the judgits than it is to waste time giving any to those people. I occasionally give them if the comments are especially good or especially stupid and I don't have time to comment fully, but for the most part I don't think about them.
Making the givers visible would be fine by me.
I agree. I think it would be good for someone to know I think they're a moron!

BTW, I don't think that anyone use uses them is necessarily a coward. I imagine some are done in response to a post that is just too stupid to waste more an a couple of clicks on.

Jim Ryan, for example.
;-)

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102839 Oct 23, 2013
Or Charles Idemi.

St. Croix valley

#102840 Oct 23, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I never paid full attention to the accounts of "toad licking" to follow up on the validity. I just figured that people that interested in being high will indulge in the most dangerous risks, so licking a toad probably wasn't that big a deal to them.
it seemed to be more of a fad. the only reason i know anything about it is that a favorite author of mine wrote about it..

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102841 Oct 23, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I've been by Toad Suck, but never actually to it. It is on the way to Little Rock. It isn't the most fortunate name and is even worse than the name of my home town in Missouri.
Northwest of Little Rock, near Conway. I have friends form Conway. Never been there myself.
DanFromSmithville wrote:
Google is your friend:
http://www.bluewatersmtnl.com/how-chunky-gal-...
http://geo.ua.edu/field-trips/field-trips/chu...

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#102842 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I think it would be good for someone to know I think they're a moron!
BTW, I don't think that anyone use uses them is necessarily a coward. I imagine some are done in response to a post that is just too stupid to waste more an a couple of clicks on.
Jim Ryan, for example.
;-)
I once had a confrontation with a traffic cop who cut me up at a set of traffic lights.

Cop, Now madam do you realise …. Etc etc, etc …. Ect…

Me, You are an idiot.

Cop You do realise that I should arrest you for speaking like that

Me, OK then, I am sure you can’t arrest me for thinking so I think you are an idiot

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102843 Oct 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>he certainly seems overly concerned with what the people here think of him...
classical insecurity.
Reminds me of Urb freaking out about it.

St. Croix valley

#102844 Oct 23, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Reminds me of Urb freaking out about it.
not familiar with Urb, but i have seen many people on Topix and other sites that seem far more concerned with the likes or whatever they call them than what they actually post...

my best advice is to ignore them completely use actual words to agree or disagree with a post.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102845 Oct 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not familiar with Urb, but i have seen many people on Topix and other sites that seem far more concerned with the likes or whatever they call them than what they actually post...
my best advice is to ignore them completely use actual words to agree or disagree with a post.
Urban Cowboy. A dyed-in-the-wool creationist who is quite sure he knows everything. Lately he's been arguing with Polymath, a PhD, on entropy on the "Should evolution be taught in high school' thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min Suezanne 215,203
~A Baby Is A Little Bit Of Heaven~ 7 min Lifelover 61
News Chilly justice: Man ticketed for warming up car... 9 min Parden Pard 13
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 11 min Ohio Sam 74,195
News Weird 3 mins ago 10:15 p.m.What would happen if... 12 min Suezanne 2
News Greyhound rescue saves puppy from meat trade in... 17 min Parden Pard 7
The one item I don't want to be without....... 19 min Suezanne 171
What have you learned in your years on Earth? (Jun '10) 36 min honeymylove 154
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 38 min Ohio Sam 3,723
More from around the web