Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102780 Oct 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
It is hard to call a culture naturally ignorant because they did not know the knowledge that did not exist.
No, there is nothing wrong with calling them naturally ignorant.

I am sure there are many things that we are naturally ignorant about due to knowledge that we have not learned yet.

I of course not say what we are naturally ignorant about since, as you pointed out, that knowledge does not exist yet.

My point was that there is a big difference between be naturally ignorant, where the knowledge does not exist in the world yet, to being purposefully ignorant, which is what almost every creationist is.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#102781 Oct 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
How come topix ended the game you all played?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102782 Oct 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea.

It is a bit of a relief. No need to pointlessly waste my time anymore. It was a bit like eating popcorn, once you start it is hard to stop.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102783 Oct 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there is nothing wrong with calling them naturally ignorant.
I am sure there are many things that we are naturally ignorant about due to knowledge that we have not learned yet.
I of course not say what we are naturally ignorant about since, as you pointed out, that knowledge does not exist yet.
My point was that there is a big difference between be naturally ignorant, where the knowledge does not exist in the world yet, to being purposefully ignorant, which is what almost every creationist is.
That's kind of like saying the whole world is ignorant compared to the top 10%, which would include more than just creationists. It would include most everyone,,, except that 10%

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#102784 Oct 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't think people back in those days were ignorant. They were smart for their time. Just not as advanced as we are now.
If you do not know something then you are ignorant of that something. Ignorance does not me stupid. But I agree they were not as generally aware as we are today or least as much as we should be.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#102785 Oct 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but Steve Austin is full of crap. You wanted an article that debunked his nonsense, here you go:
http://tinyurl.com/2g8h
It is based upon real peer reviewed science. I will gladly explain why peer reviewed science is so important in a debate like this.
Yes he is, but he is better, stronger, faster and stone cold.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102786 Oct 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no idea.
It is a bit of a relief. No need to pointlessly waste my time anymore. It was a bit like eating popcorn, once you start it is hard to stop.
I have noticed on most threads, the number of comments have dropped. Maybe just slow days or maybe due to the game ending.

Now if they would also do away with the judgits so that the cowards that hide behind them would have to comment or not be heard from would be great.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102787 Oct 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
It makes no sense why someone would judge this comment. Talk about IGNORANT!!! LMAO

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102788 Oct 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I have noticed on most threads, the number of comments have dropped. Maybe just slow days or maybe due to the game ending.
Now if they would also do away with the judgits so that the cowards that hide behind them would have to comment or not be heard from would be great.
Or perhaps a compromise. When you got a prop you could click on a box to the left of the prop to see who gave it to you.

They should have the same with judgeits. You should be able to see who gave you what judge it. In some ways that would be a shortcut, when a creationist makes a statement that is too stupid to bother replying to you could still judgeit and then the person could see who was judging them.

I agree that anonymous judgeits suck.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102789 Oct 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Yes he is, but he is better, stronger, faster and stone cold.
So you are saying that Steve Austin is Stone Cold and has a net worth of $6,000,000.00. That could be, I think he is grossly over valued if that is the case.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102790 Oct 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Or perhaps a compromise. When you got a prop you could click on a box to the left of the prop to see who gave it to you.
They should have the same with judgeits. You should be able to see who gave you what judge it. In some ways that would be a shortcut, when a creationist makes a statement that is too stupid to bother replying to you could still judgeit and then the person could see who was judging them.
I agree that anonymous judgeits suck.
Agreed!

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#102791 Oct 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it is an anonymous site, I don't think people who select the judgits are cowards because they are even more anonymous. In fact, I don't think about them much at all. I know there those who claim to know who gives them negative judgits, but that is just blind speculation. There is no way to know. It turns out to be more amusing watching them go on about the judgits than it is to waste time giving any to those people. I occasionally give them if the comments are especially good or especially stupid and I don't have time to comment fully, but for the most part I don't think about them.

Making the givers visible would be fine by me.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

I'm just a little bunny.

#102792 Oct 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that Steve Austin is Stone Cold and has a net worth of $6,000,000.00. That could be, I think he is grossly over valued if that is the case.
I think of the three Steve Austins that we have mentioned on here, there is one that is indeed grossly over valued. The rocks don't lie but the reader sure can.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#102793 Oct 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I don't think she will actually disagree with you on this one.
:-/
Disagree? Who cares. Humans! I mean all humans time on earth, are just limited, why then are this same humans will still end up bragging when they don't even know the actual time of their demise.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102794 Oct 23, 2013
;(
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Some little typos in the previous post. Now, do you or any one knows the actual time of your demise? No! But some one knows, because, that time must surely come(s).

Level 2

Location hidden

#102795 Oct 23, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
I provide the evidence and you contradicted the babble. Not my problem, but yours to live with.
You appear to be suffering from weapons grade stupidity
<quoted text>
Nope, not invisible, the do not exist so haw can visibly of any degree come into it?
So does this day/date change for say a whale swimming across the “date line”?
How about migrating birds?
These imaginary lines, along with date are arbitrary and based on mathematics and consensus.
<quoted text>
You are confused, your weapons grade stupidity strikes again. Science has answered many of humanities pressing problems, but not all, for two reasons, one, a solution may not be viable to a manmade problem and two we may not yet have the understanding, but unlike godbots, science is working toward solutions. Both concepts are completely beyond your weapons grade stupidity of “doh, I don unnerstan so it mus be god wot did it”
So you are saying genocide, child murder, slavery and rape are justified. Fair enough, just so long as we know where we stand with you.
<quoted text>
Yes you did, you said “there is one god” and the babble tells you otherwise, it was not until this was pointed out to you that you changes you mind.
I can ask the same question, why should we worship something made in the minds of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves?
<quoted text>
What you say is irrelevant. Only 3 faiths, three is not many unless you count – one – two - many – lots.
So you are saying the positions of priests and popes and preachers is wrong.
<quoted text>
I have never denied otherwise. However science can observe and test facts, the thing you gets you going is the fact that it cannot test and observe myth.
Migratory birds and other animals? Can they think and reason like humans?

Level 2

Location hidden

#102796 Oct 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>or even any evidence of any god, gods, or goddesses....
even a teensy shred of evidence...
Now shink, do you know how tomorrow is going to look? No! That is why your heart is shut down against reality.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102797 Oct 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there are parallel lines, agreement may never be equated. Now, do you know the actual time of your demise? No! But that event must surely occur.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102798 Oct 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says no such thing as you state it. The Bible states in Gen 7:4 that rain was going to be sent for an extended period of time. Meaning/insinuating rain was a common thing to Noah. But rain descending for 40 days and forty nights was an uncommon action.
Biblically and accurately true.:D

Level 2

Location hidden

#102799 Oct 23, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
So instead of finding something or anything to challenge the evidence and logic I present, we go for a philosophy lecture and an attack on my intellect. Not buying it sir, go find some facts. While you look, explain to the world the Prokaryote Axial Motor evolution, the supreme evolutionary litmus test of full and complete brainwashing.
http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/a-questio...
Another devastating blow, that will land evolution's theory to its untimely death.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 2 min say it aint so 28,102
Word Association. (Nov '10) 4 min whatimeisit 17,200
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 7 min whatimeisit 5,669
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 37 min Red_Forman 56,330
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 40 min Red_Forman 2,835
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 41 min Red_Forman 78,474
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 1 hr Camilla 1,192
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Sharlene45 159,683
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr eleanorigby 39,935
Name a smell you love to smell! (Jan '14) 5 hr Crazy Jae 993