Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 200964 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#102792 Oct 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying that Steve Austin is Stone Cold and has a net worth of $6,000,000.00. That could be, I think he is grossly over valued if that is the case.
I think of the three Steve Austins that we have mentioned on here, there is one that is indeed grossly over valued. The rocks don't lie but the reader sure can.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#102793 Oct 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I don't think she will actually disagree with you on this one.
:-/
Disagree? Who cares. Humans! I mean all humans time on earth, are just limited, why then are this same humans will still end up bragging when they don't even know the actual time of their demise.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102794 Oct 23, 2013
;(
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Some little typos in the previous post. Now, do you or any one knows the actual time of your demise? No! But some one knows, because, that time must surely come(s).

Level 2

Location hidden

#102795 Oct 23, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong
I provide the evidence and you contradicted the babble. Not my problem, but yours to live with.
You appear to be suffering from weapons grade stupidity
<quoted text>
Nope, not invisible, the do not exist so haw can visibly of any degree come into it?
So does this day/date change for say a whale swimming across the “date line”?
How about migrating birds?
These imaginary lines, along with date are arbitrary and based on mathematics and consensus.
<quoted text>
You are confused, your weapons grade stupidity strikes again. Science has answered many of humanities pressing problems, but not all, for two reasons, one, a solution may not be viable to a manmade problem and two we may not yet have the understanding, but unlike godbots, science is working toward solutions. Both concepts are completely beyond your weapons grade stupidity of “doh, I don unnerstan so it mus be god wot did it”
So you are saying genocide, child murder, slavery and rape are justified. Fair enough, just so long as we know where we stand with you.
<quoted text>
Yes you did, you said “there is one god” and the babble tells you otherwise, it was not until this was pointed out to you that you changes you mind.
I can ask the same question, why should we worship something made in the minds of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves?
<quoted text>
What you say is irrelevant. Only 3 faiths, three is not many unless you count – one – two - many – lots.
So you are saying the positions of priests and popes and preachers is wrong.
<quoted text>
I have never denied otherwise. However science can observe and test facts, the thing you gets you going is the fact that it cannot test and observe myth.
Migratory birds and other animals? Can they think and reason like humans?

Level 2

Location hidden

#102796 Oct 23, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>or even any evidence of any god, gods, or goddesses....
even a teensy shred of evidence...
Now shink, do you know how tomorrow is going to look? No! That is why your heart is shut down against reality.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102797 Oct 23, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Since there are parallel lines, agreement may never be equated. Now, do you know the actual time of your demise? No! But that event must surely occur.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102798 Oct 23, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible says no such thing as you state it. The Bible states in Gen 7:4 that rain was going to be sent for an extended period of time. Meaning/insinuating rain was a common thing to Noah. But rain descending for 40 days and forty nights was an uncommon action.
Biblically and accurately true.:D

Level 2

Location hidden

#102799 Oct 23, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
So instead of finding something or anything to challenge the evidence and logic I present, we go for a philosophy lecture and an attack on my intellect. Not buying it sir, go find some facts. While you look, explain to the world the Prokaryote Axial Motor evolution, the supreme evolutionary litmus test of full and complete brainwashing.
http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/a-questio...
Another devastating blow, that will land evolution's theory to its untimely death.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102800 Oct 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it is a complete bullshit lie made up by creatards without a lick of evidence that supports them.
Dodge. He asked you a simple question, instead of providing answers, you resorted to insults.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102801 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
No I don't think people back in those days were ignorant. They were smart for their time. Just not as advanced as we are now.
That is true, and even now, we are all still learning. Learning only stops when one is dead.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102802 Oct 23, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think anyone has called the people of the past exceptionally ignorant. They were naturally ignorant since mankind has learned quite a bit since those days.
The people who are exceptionally ignorant are those that take the myths of the past seriously today in light of all of the knowledge we have available now.
Do you know everything, mr.?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#102803 Oct 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> crap! those lines exist, they are imaginary or invisible because we use them truly to determine the time and distances of real places.
Wrong, they are imaginary they DO NOT exist. If people had never considered using such an imaginary aid the distance between different places would still be that same distance, no matter what units you measured them in

And still the date does not change for a whale swimming across the IDL

The reason you are taking this illogical and stupid stance is because you made a statement out of ignorance that you hoped could prove you imaginary god and you failed but are too sh|t scared to admit it.

Here, these may help to educate you.

http://uk.ask.com/question/what-are-the-imagi...

http://geography.about.com/library/faq/blqzze...

http://education.nationalgeographic.co.uk/edu...
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse you are the most intelligent, but i have a news for you, when you die, your so called intelligence dies with you. Go on with your shit, it is very entertaining.
This is what I have said all along, why do you find it easier to agree with me than believe in the godbot dream that only those who think like you will continue to a heaven?
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And lastly, the almighty is one. i don't give a damn about your babbling.
You personal belief is only relevant to you

Level 6

#102804 Oct 23, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that science says a flood of Noah's scale may have happened in the middle east, just not world wide don't you?
Water is self levelling so a local flood on the Noah scale and duration is impossible.

Floods have happened in the middle east, for example, there are indications that the eruption of Santorini caused a tsunami at least across the eastern med. Given the lack understanding and communication etc of the time an event like this no doubt bore several local myths. Certainly one perhaps two such myth have turned up in babble.

Which of course makes one question other biblical stories.

Level 6

#102805 Oct 23, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Migratory birds and other animals? Can they think and reason like humans?
First off, I am sure I thought you had finished – let me quote you…
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> And lastly, the almighty is one. i don't give a damn about your babbling.
but hey ho…

Ahh right, I see, I thing are you saying, that because an entity does not think like you then their experience of the world is irrelevant?

That because you believe in a god these imaginary longitude and latitude lines actually exist for you (because to you at least one god exists) but to anyone who does not have your belief or any animals who cannot believe in your god then these imaginary lines don’t exist? Go figure…

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#102806 Oct 23, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Big survey a year or two ago (I think by the Pew organization) found that atheists generally knew more about the Bible then Christians of all stripes.
Catholics came out on bottom of course because they don't seem to read the Bible much.
Having been raised a Catholic and attending 12 years of Catholic school, I can assure you the OT is far less significant to them than the teaching of Jesus (and/or Paul). As is much of the NT. Their religion is more of a philosophy than mindless bible thumping.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102807 Oct 23, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it that bad?
Which? The coyotes? I was walking the dog last weekend and one zipped past me going the other direction. I called Fish & Wildlife and asked them if they recorded coyote sightings. They said they used to but now their all over the place so they don't bother.

I wouldn't care if they kept to the woods but running through a suburban neighborhood is not cool. Especially when you consider they eat almost anything. Like small dogs and cats.
MAAT wrote:
Anyway i still had a lemon issue. When do lemons turn yellow on tree.
You will not believe how serious it is!
Hot question on google...even limes turn yellow apparently.
https://www.google.nl/search...
Funny but I'd like to know about this as well. I've got a billion of them on the tree next to my home so I want to know when to pick or not pick.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102808 Oct 23, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Still got the secret of life?....while your at it explain how life self assembled in the beginning,...I mean you have a theory ,there must be observable ,repeatable and testable evidence of how this happened.
No problem. Life came from non-life. If not then go find evidence of life from 4.2 billion years ago. There, that was easy wasn't it?

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#102809 Oct 23, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically <500 ft. The overburden is sedimentary and uniform, all coal overburden is. Once in while crude oil is hit. This closed a portion of KY's largest U/G mine 3 years ago. I was there just after it happened. Why is there so much natural gas under such pressure? It would breakdown and depressurize in short order. The picture underground is an active volatile environment full of dangerous hydrocarbons, not old age. Well logs nor deep mine exposures never show multiple environments that long-age demands. It show's as placid first earth, one major catastrophe of unimaginable scale, the buried remains of an early and much different earth then subsequent local events. I've worked in many of the worlds deep supermines, same picture. I am pretty sure that "pyroclastic" flows were coined because of the events @ St.Helens, forcing rethinking of feature forming theory, challenging the "one grain of sand at a time" valley concept.
Coal layers need vast forests of trees over many generations to produce enough wood for thick coal seams. One flooded forest would only result in a thin layer.
The wood then needs to be buried and that means vast amounts of sedimentary rock laid down and sedimentary rock is uniform by nature. What else would you expect to find above coal? What sort of multiple environments would you expect?

Sedimentary rock by its nature produces visible layers, there thickness depending on the rate of deposition so it's easy to tell if the sediment was laid down quickly or over a vast period of time.

Why would natural gases breakdown when they are the simplest forms of carbohydrates? Methane has just one carbon atom and four hydrogen, you can't get simpler than that.

Of course mines are full of dangerous hydrocarbons, that's why they are being mined but they formed underground due to the high pressure and temperatures long after they were buried and that's why they're trapped there.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102810 Oct 23, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
There is no evidence that life can create itself. None.
And plants create plants without intervention from Jewmagic.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Flowers creating flowers?
O_o
That is not life from non-life, dude .....
I've already given the evidence for this on this thread a ton of times. Not one fundie can address it. Before 3.8 billion years ago there was no life. Ergo life came from non-life. All life on Earth is created from chemicals that once were NOT alive. Ergo life came from non-life. You have only been living for a few decades. Before then you were not alive. Ergo life from non-life.

And since your God, allegedly, did not require the existence of a previous lifeform, quite obviously the prerequisite of a prior lifeform is not a constant.

Hardly surprising in a finite universe. Don't blame us because you fundies keep slamming headlong into the infinite regression fallacy.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102811 Oct 23, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The Colorado River Toad produces hallucinogenic compounds in the glands on its skin. This is the species that has been popularized with regards to the alleged practice of "toad licking". I don't know anything about that, but I do understand the dried toxin is smoked to get high.
These toads are the biggest toads I have ever seen. I have found them in cotton fields in Arizona. Squeezing the parotoid glands causes beads of fluid to be exuded and this presumably contains the toxins that are used to get high. I have read that they are toxic enough to kill dogs that have tried to eat them.
I like "The Serpent and the Rainbow". Have you read "One River"?
I actually have a t-shirt from Toad Suck, Arkansas. Once voted the most embarrassing/unfortunate town names.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 1 min SweLL GirL 3,262
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 15 min Jack 7,782
News 110-year-old lobster saved from dinner menu 20 min Jack 4
Word Association (Mar '10) 30 min Bezeer 20,639
Word Association (Jun '10) 32 min Bezeer 30,843
News Police Find Package of Marijuana 38 min Jack 10
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 38 min eleanorigby 58,046
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 56 min Crazy Beautiful 8,443
News 10 weird and crazy sex facts you may not know 2 hr Sam 5
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Northbound 194,089