Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Since: Oct 13

Awaken your Senses

#102745 Oct 22, 2013
~Heraclitus

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102746 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You said "There is no scientific evidence for God, there is scientific evidence for abiogenesis." Which is incorrecnt. Thee is no evidence that life can create itself. None.
LOL. You will not consider that geology or biology could possibly be wrong, can you? Why not? Most of your kind admit that science is wrong far more often than it is right...
There is a very very very very small chance that biology and geology could be wrong. The odds are infinitely higher that you are wrong.

Once again you have shown yourself to be an ignorant fool. There is evidence that supports abiogenesis, there is no evidence that supports the Adam and Eve myth or the Flood myth. There is no evidence for any of the supposed works of God in the Bible. If those happened there would be evidence of those events.

No evidence means no events.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102747 Oct 22, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
First it was not a blogger site, it was an Emmy award winning documentary. It describes perfectly the BELIEFS that inhabit this thread. What it is, is embarressing .The real reason you don't get any satisfactory replies is that there are none!
All that is said is buffoonery
1. Abiogenesis! I ask for an explanation of how it worked and might get the we don't know, but we know it worked answer. That's not science ,that's faith, but it has to be since nobody has a clue, yet that sure doesn't slow down the lies told to try and defend it.
We have the discovered the key to life, Aura
we know how life began...Sucking bone
life is simple chemistry.. Dude
and there are many more!
on and on ,nothing but lies. Why?
to defend the indefensible. That's why
If you really want an answer you have a lot to learn first.

And you mush change your attitude, otherwise no one will help you with an answer.

Apologizing for being a total idiot would be a good first step. You know that you have earned all of the derision that has rained down upon you and ten times that to boot.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#102748 Oct 22, 2013
Dawn in Miami wrote:
~Heraclitus
~600 BC logos as enthousiasm/fire/lifeforce.

Hmmm...unexpected. Normally people are not that aware.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#102749 Oct 22, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a theory. Like the older theory.
"A new theory on the formation of the oldest continents"
From your link..."The oceanic crust could (COULD) have simply 'oozed' continents at the same time that other geological processes were occurring, like volcanism, orogeny, and the influx of water."
By the way, it is quite evident that the mantle and crust of the earth in it's infancy were older than the first sea and or ocean floors since gasses making clouds that produced rain fall came afterwards. Just saying.
The hyped title get's the readers.
What does it actually say:
According to measurements...the theory still holds but the dept of the matter occurring is adjusted.
(It does change our view of the earth however.)

A measurement/method used that was formerly not possible.

Oozing definitely happened.

And then reread what is actually under discussion.
http://www3.uni-bonn.de/Press-releases/a-new-...

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#102750 Oct 22, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
No one disputes that petrified forests were buried relatively rapidly (this could be a hundred years or so). What's disputed is any need for a global flood when there are so many other possible sources of burial such as volcanoes, mud slides and the like. Mount St Helens would actually provide proof for this.
Just out of interest, how deep are those petrified trees you've found in coal mines?
Typically <500 ft. The overburden is sedimentary and uniform, all coal overburden is. Once in while crude oil is hit. This closed a portion of KY's largest U/G mine 3 years ago. I was there just after it happened. Why is there so much natural gas under such pressure? It would breakdown and depressurize in short order. The picture underground is an active volatile environment full of dangerous hydrocarbons, not old age. Well logs nor deep mine exposures never show multiple environments that long-age demands. It show's as placid first earth, one major catastrophe of unimaginable scale, the buried remains of an early and much different earth then subsequent local events. I've worked in many of the worlds deep supermines, same picture. I am pretty sure that "pyroclastic" flows were coined because of the events @ St.Helens, forcing rethinking of feature forming theory, challenging the "one grain of sand at a time" valley concept.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#102751 Oct 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i thought that was a myth...wrong species of Bufus, and you have to dry and smoke the toxin they give off to get high, and you get very, very high off it. it is a desert variety of the Bufus species, according to Wade Davis, the ethnobotonist who wrote "serpent and the rainbow"....
The Colorado River Toad produces hallucinogenic compounds in the glands on its skin. This is the species that has been popularized with regards to the alleged practice of "toad licking". I don't know anything about that, but I do understand the dried toxin is smoked to get high.

These toads are the biggest toads I have ever seen. I have found them in cotton fields in Arizona. Squeezing the parotoid glands causes beads of fluid to be exuded and this presumably contains the toxins that are used to get high. I have read that they are toxic enough to kill dogs that have tried to eat them.

I like "The Serpent and the Rainbow". Have you read "One River"?

SBT
Level 2

United States

#102752 Oct 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the bible is known worldwide also and it is proven to be full of outright bullshit.
you fundie idiots will buy into anything if you think it supports your cult...
Looking for a rebuttal challenging something or anything here so I guess you have nothing.

SBT
Level 2

United States

#102753 Oct 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
His credentials are all the more reason for you to view his religious sycophantic presentation with shame and chagrin.
Clearly, at 8:40 he is completely obfuscating sand deposition (including long extinct fossils and fossil tracks) in shallow seas with pyroclastic column collapse. The layering can easily be superficially similar, but details are wholly dissimilar and the mechanisms are wholly different. Add that the Kaibab layer cap is immensely older than any human presence, and that the Tapeats sandstone is twice that age... all you and he are left with is wet detritus on your faces.
Austin gets permits to do real science (like for 30 years in the Grand Canyon), get's signs and guidebooks changed, gets papers published (like his nautiloid work in the Redwall) proving his theories with full support of the Natl Park service and presents to them often. You do any of that? A Penn State PhD is no keeper of "His credentials are all the more reason for you to view his religious sycophantic presentation with shame and chagrin." Shame, what shame? Call Penn State and tell them their PhD program is shamefull, and what credentials do you have to question him? As a professional I can tell you your statements are gobbelygoop and make no sense. As the Tapeats is a pure sandstone with signs of a turbidite (and fossilized) how can you date it?? I know this because I researched there, and about the Kaibab, it's full of hot uranium (likely caused the upwarp) and again a water deposited sediment with fossils. The only "dating" means is using marine fossils based on what??, comparisons and guessing. Moving water and homogenous layers are evidenced everywhere in the Canyon. Sorry, but you are very mistaken.

http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/the-grand...
http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/10/the-grand...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102754 Oct 22, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Austin gets permits to do real science (like for 30 years in the Grand Canyon), get's signs and guidebooks changed, gets papers published (like his nautiloid work in the Redwall) proving his theories with full support of the Natl Park service and presents to them often. You do any of that? A Penn State PhD is no keeper of "His credentials are all the more reason for you to view his religious sycophantic presentation with shame and chagrin." Shame, what shame? Call Penn State and tell them their PhD program is shamefull, and what credentials do you have to question him? As a professional I can tell you your statements are gobbelygoop and make no sense. As the Tapeats is a pure sandstone with signs of a turbidite (and fossilized) how can you date it?? I know this because I researched there, and about the Kaibab, it's full of hot uranium (likely caused the upwarp) and again a water deposited sediment with fossils. The only "dating" means is using marine fossils based on what??, comparisons and guessing. Moving water and homogenous layers are evidenced everywhere in the Canyon. Sorry, but you are very mistaken.
http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/the-grand...
http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/10/the-grand...
Do you have any links to real sites that support your claims about the $6,000,000 man?

http://www.google.com/imgres...

SBT
Level 2

United States

#102755 Oct 22, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course you are. You're a creationist. It's not possible for a creationist to remain honest after a certain length of time. In all the years I've been here there's only ever been one honest creationist show up.
Remember your position is reality isn't real because Jews are magic. Which may even be so, but that just makes any discussion of scientific evidence superfluous. For you anyway.
So instead of finding something or anything to challenge the evidence and logic I present, we go for a philosophy lecture and an attack on my intellect. Not buying it sir, go find some facts. While you look, explain to the world the Prokaryote Axial Motor evolution, the supreme evolutionary litmus test of full and complete brainwashing.

http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/a-questio...

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102756 Oct 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope... when you do a text search, it is very difficult to find the Nova transcript you cite - yet that snippet you posted is overwhelmingly popular among the apologists sites - and stop the posture and lie dance, you aren't fooling anyone with your deceitful protestations. Those are >precisely< where you got it from, the same inane cesspits you gobble and regurgitate the stagnant swill you call "evidence" and "science" from.
Then you can clear up the misunderstanding, just where and how did life start, I've read it began in primordial seas, puddles, sludge pits, due to ingredients coming together and bursting to life. Use your scientific knowledge to clean up after your brethren. Explain it

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#102757 Oct 22, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically <500 ft. The overburden is sedimentary and uniform, all coal overburden is. Once in while crude oil is hit. This closed a portion of KY's largest U/G mine 3 years ago. I was there just after it happened. Why is there so much natural gas under such pressure? It would breakdown and depressurize in short order. The picture underground is an active volatile environment full of dangerous hydrocarbons, not old age. Well logs nor deep mine exposures never show multiple environments that long-age demands. It show's as placid first earth, one major catastrophe of unimaginable scale, the buried remains of an early and much different earth then subsequent local events. I've worked in many of the worlds deep supermines, same picture. I am pretty sure that "pyroclastic" flows were coined because of the events @ St.Helens, forcing rethinking of feature forming theory, challenging the "one grain of sand at a time" valley concept.
I have been doing some reading and the term "pyroclastic flow" was first coined in 1902 to describe the eruption of Mount Pele on Martinique. I would think a guy deep in the geology side would know that.

What does that mean that you did the geology side in college? Does that mean you have a geology degree? Graduated? Took one geology class?

What does the presence of oil or natural gas have to do with the rapid burial that explains the existence of polystrate fossils? You know that geology has known the origin of these fossils for 150 years and it fits with scientific theory and doesn't need a mythical flood to provide the answer.

Isn't most natural gas underground? If it breaks down or depressurizes then we wouldn't have any to cook our food. Now I know that places like Lake Erie have some natural gas dissolved in the water and you can actually set it alight, but that isn't most of it. Since you brought it up, I thought I would comment.

I can't wait to see your next post in that evasive, sort of saying something without saying anything style you have developed.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102758 Oct 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, you have officially claimed the Stupid Crown from Jim Ryan.
As you have been told before, whether god, aliens or simply nature was the cause, once the was no life and then there was. Even the bible agrees with this. Abiogenesis. Or biopoiesis, if you prefer. Simple concept but evidently still to complicated for your tiny intellect.
Keep it up. You can still take the Village Idiot title away from him.
Well the observable, repeatable and testable evidence rules out simply nature

Level 2

Location hidden

#102759 Oct 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
If you really want an answer you have a lot to learn first.
And you mush change your attitude, otherwise no one will help you with an answer.
Apologizing for being a total idiot would be a good first step. You know that you have earned all of the derision that has rained down upon you and ten times that to boot.
Derision from fools is like the morning mist, thin and vanishing. I love your condescending attitude though.

SBT
Level 2

United States

#102760 Oct 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have any links to real sites that support your claims about the $6,000,000 man?
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Read the links, they are footnoted. Call the geology section at the GC, check with them. Steve did blow the world of theoretical physical geology to pieces, gotta give him credit and he is no pushover. God is using him.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102761 Oct 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Blow Hard. I've never said anything about a key of life. Ever. You must be getting pretty desperate when all you can do is outright lie. But not really a surprise coming from a snot-nosed 3rd grader like yourself.
I can see how you'd have a hard time keeping track of anything. Especially who said what. Maybe some Post-It notes on your monitor would help.
You're making Jim Ryan look like a genius.
Holy shit your right!...it was another dumbass! ha,ha,ha.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102762 Oct 22, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read that if the earth was more than 10,000 years old it would be impossible for gas and oil underground to remain under pressure for that long. Do you know anything about that?

Level 2

Location hidden

#102763 Oct 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a very very very very small chance that biology and geology could be wrong. The odds are infinitely higher that you are wrong.
Once again you have shown yourself to be an ignorant fool. There is evidence that supports abiogenesis, there is no evidence that supports the Adam and Eve myth or the Flood myth. There is no evidence for any of the supposed works of God in the Bible. If those happened there would be evidence of those events.
No evidence means no events.
If Riverside redneck improves his attitude will you give him the evidence of abiogenesis that you keep to yourself?.........ha,ha,ha.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102764 Oct 22, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Derision from fools is like the morning mist, thin and vanishing. I love your condescending attitude though.
Bohart, you are of course the fool here.

You have no science education. You have repeatedly shown yourself to be a complete moron. Remember when it comes to unbiased judges your side always, and I mean every single time, loses.

Why do you think your idiocy is banned at public schools?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 7 min Doug77 2,963
Cosmic Christmas poetry 9 min Will Dockery 1
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 17 min Santa 25,747
Old TV shows what's your favorite? 22 min Crazy Beautiful 14
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 30 min Crazy Beautiful 152,542
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 33 min Simply_Red 13,588
New "Drop one Word" With Famous People's Names (Oct '12) 42 min CJ Rocker 438
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 42 min Jennifer Renee 7,613
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 4 hr X Crypsis X 336
Strange new fish discovered at record-breaking ... 8 hr Concerned_Citizen 3
More from around the web