Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#102705 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. The answer is that it makes no logical sense, whether you believe the stories in Genesis or not.
Genesis calls it a serpent, then clearly God curses whatever it was into a snake.
It makes no sense whatsoever to curse something to be what it already is.
Imagine if God cursed you to be a human.... You'd be like "Oh gee, God. Damn, that sucks."
Actually, he did, did he not?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#102706 Oct 22, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Holland has a lot of myths.
Worldfamous is the one of the boy with the finger in the dyke.
Another one we learned in history was that the shore was inhabited by the Kaninefaten, blokes dressed in rabitfur. konijn-kanin-rabbit.
Well they never existed.
Maybe those incongruencies teaches a person to be cool-headed when it comes to any information handed down of yore.
But Mac if we had had any of those Kaninefaten i'll bet they lived on periwinkles...ooh and rabbits ofcourse with a bit of seasalad.
Hehehe.

Yes, all of Western Europe has a lot of myths.

We have the Tuatha de Dannán, the Fir Bolg, the Fenian cycle, the Ulster cycle - I'm possibly the last generation that grew up with them.

Shame, that.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#102707 Oct 22, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
First it was not a blogger site, it was an Emmy award winning documentary. It describes perfectly the BELIEFS that inhabit this thread. What it is, is embarressing .The real reason you don't get any satisfactory replies is that there are none!
All that is said is buffoonery
1. Abiogenesis! I ask for an explanation of how it worked and might get the we don't know, but we know it worked answer. That's not science ,that's faith, but it has to be since nobody has a clue, yet that sure doesn't slow down the lies told to try and defend it.
We have the discovered the key to life, Aura
we know how life began...Sucking bone
life is simple chemistry.. Dude
and there are many more!
on and on ,nothing but lies. Why?
to defend the indefensible. That's why
OK, you have officially claimed the Stupid Crown from Jim Ryan.

As you have been told before, whether god, aliens or simply nature was the cause, once the was no life and then there was. Even the bible agrees with this. Abiogenesis. Or biopoiesis, if you prefer. Simple concept but evidently still to complicated for your tiny intellect.

Keep it up. You can still take the Village Idiot title away from him.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#102708 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 12:9
The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray...
No, you misunderstand. Satan himself was not cursed, whatever the creature was that Satan was posing as was cursed - into a snake. As a reminder to us all of the treachery that Satan is.
that doesn't say that that was the serpent in the garden of eden...

why would your god punish an animal when it wasn't its fault?

oh yeah, the god of the bible is a huge prick, a jealous, vindictive, petty asshole...and you worship the jerk that would be in jail if he actually existed in today's world...

that's hilarious...

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#102709 Oct 22, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the comment...they rasp them up.
Strange Indians...two meals in one and they just film it!
Though frogs and toads can be bad for your health if you kiss them.
Yah, where I live, we have an infestation of Cane Toads (Bufo marinus) which pack toxins in glands under their skins. These toxins can be fatal if ingested. Kills dogs and cats - and some kids have been getting high by licking the things.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#102710 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Revelation 12:9
The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray...
Revelations? The most insane book in the Bible?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, you misunderstand. Satan himself was not cursed, whatever the creature was that Satan was posing as was cursed - into a snake. As a reminder to us all of the treachery that Satan is.
You do realise that none of your explanation is actually in the Bible don't you?

Nice to see you accept the serpent was a snake.

St. Croix valley

#102711 Oct 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yah, where I live, we have an infestation of Cane Toads (Bufo marinus) which pack toxins in glands under their skins. These toxins can be fatal if ingested. Kills dogs and cats - and some kids have been getting high by licking the things.
i thought that was a myth...wrong species of Bufus, and you have to dry and smoke the toxin they give off to get high, and you get very, very high off it. it is a desert variety of the Bufus species, according to Wade Davis, the ethnobotonist who wrote "serpent and the rainbow"....
Priest

Tulsa, OK

#102712 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Holyshitballs an ANSWER!!
You're not an atheist, huh?
Yes, I am atheist to the bone. But, "in the beginning" I wasn't.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#102713 Oct 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i thought that was a myth...wrong species of Bufus, and you have to dry and smoke the toxin they give off to get high, and you get very, very high off it. it is a desert variety of the Bufus species, according to Wade Davis, the ethnobotonist who wrote "serpent and the rainbow"....
Sadly, they are too big to fit in my bong.

“Lets all play DantheDipshyts”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

game.of annoyance. It's fun.

#102714 Oct 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i thought that was a myth...wrong species of Bufus, and you have to dry and smoke the toxin they give off to get high, and you get very, very high off it. it is a desert variety of the Bufus species, according to Wade Davis, the ethnobotonist who wrote "serpent and the rainbow"....
As always you thought wrong. The cane toad has poison glands, and the tadpoles are highly toxic to most animals if ingested.

Oh and it is a member of the genus Rhinella but was formerly in the genus Bufo.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cane_toad

St. Croix valley

#102715 Oct 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
As always you thought wrong. The cane toad has poison glands, and the tadpoles are highly toxic to most animals if ingested.
Oh and it is a member of the genus Rhinella but was formerly in the genus Bufo.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cane_toad
no, i was not wrong. you cannot get high from licking bufus marianus..yes, it is poisonous but you cannot get high from licking it.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#102716 Oct 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
Yah, that's doable with my local species also.

St. Croix valley

#102717 Oct 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, they are too big to fit in my bong.
have you read any of Wade Davis? in shadows in the sun he explains why Bufus marianus cannot get you high by licking it, but he heard of some guy out in the desert of Arizona that 'smoked toad' so he checked him out. he dries the secretions off the toad, then smokes it.

davis described it as off the earth into the black sun kind of high....not for the inexperienced or weak of heart and mind, he said...

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#102718 Oct 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Even the oldest of mountain ranges that we see on the Earth today are much younger than the Earth itself. In fact younger on the order of 4 billion years. Now there may be some roots of ancient mountain ranges left, but the actual ancient mountains have long ago been eroded back to the sea.
Yes I agree. But the theory still stands that rains in the earth's infancy globally flooded this earth and we have no evidence of it. But scientists are more than sure it took place though their is no evidence.

St. Croix valley

#102719 Oct 22, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I agree. But the theory still stands that rains in the earth's infancy globally flooded this earth and we have no evidence of it. But scientists are more than sure it took place though their is no evidence.
the bible says it didn't rain until the noachian flood, so we know that can't be true...

Level 5

#102720 Oct 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, i was not wrong. you cannot get high from licking bufus marianus..yes, it is poisonous but you cannot get high from licking it.
It is Rhinella marina not Bufus marianus <<< is this a but frog? LOL) Though it used to be Bufo marina.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#102721 Oct 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>have you read any of Wade Davis?
I read "The Serpent and the Rainbow" a looooong time ago.
woodtick57 wrote:
in shadows in the sun he explains why Bufus marianus cannot get you high by licking it, but he heard of some guy out in the desert of Arizona that 'smoked toad' so he checked him out. he dries the secretions off the toad, then smokes it.
davis described it as off the earth into the black sun kind of high....not for the inexperienced or weak of heart and mind, he said...
Seems like a lot of work. Mushrooms are much easier.

;-)

St. Croix valley

#102722 Oct 22, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
It is Rhinella marina not Bufus marianus <<< is this a but frog? LOL) Though it used to be Bufo marina.
regardless of how you want to classify it, you cannot get high from licking it.

real men can admit when they are wrong...what happened to you?

Level 5

#102723 Oct 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the bible says it didn't rain until the noachian flood, so we know that can't be true...
Tick can you put the verse that says that. Why you are at it put up the verse that says there were plants before the sun.

St. Croix valley

#102724 Oct 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I read "The Serpent and the Rainbow" a looooong time ago.
<quoted text>
Seems like a lot of work. Mushrooms are much easier.
;-)
try "Shadows in the Sun". great book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 6 min black shuck 152,867
Is it possible to....... 30 min wichita-rick 613
Should the St Patricks Day parade be open to th... 1 hr Wolftracks 13
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr eleanorigby 37,787
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 1 hr SimplyLoveYou 333
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr SimplyLoveYou 1,853
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 1 hr whatimeisit 40,764
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr -Lea- 26,019
Woman Switches Seats on Plane, Spends 3 Days in... 8 hr TALLYHO 8541 28
More from around the web