Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171619 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102649 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no scientific evidence for God because man hasn't discovered how to scientifically test for Him.
Do you suppose that DNA didn't exist before man knew how to test for it?
Darn.

Oh well, that's your problem.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102650 Oct 22, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually i followed the main players into the field, did some self research and then went to college on the geology side. When the evo theories all fell apart there it confirmed to me who was miss leading who. My profs agreed in general to boot.
Ah, you were homeschooled.

And just for lulz:

http://www.oldearth.org/profiles/steve_austin...
Priest

Tulsa, OK

#102651 Oct 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>this is why theology was invented, to rationalize away the ridiculous parts of these proven false stone-age myths...
Yeah, but the ridiculous parts run from Genesis to Revelations. Discard those and job done.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102652 Oct 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I harbor no expectations that you are teachable of anything at all.
Nachash and serpent are completely unrelated words. They have never existed in the same family and have no etymology in common.
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
You adamantly state that "the Bible says" or that "Genesis says" that there was a "serpent" in Eden. You are quite specific on that point, yet even though you now claim to understand that neither the Genesis of the Torah nor the Genesis of the Bible originated in your mother tongue.(You do understand that the number of words in modern English language dwarfs those of ancient Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek combined?) They did not and could not specify either serpent or snake, yet >you< still specify "serpent". It's a minor point, primarily an unnecessary one of revealing character... which might also raise the question, why someone who is "not a creationist" would be so dedicated and literal toward the Eden myth?
Um, because they are a creationist?(shrug)

Of course his disingenuousness over the whole thing just goes to show - ain't no such thing as a Biblical literalist.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102653 Oct 22, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Ofcourse you are the most intelligent, but i have a news for you, when you die, your so called intelligence dies with you.
Yeah, I don't think she will actually disagree with you on this one.

:-/
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102654 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol.
I've asked this question a dozen times, never getting an answer.
What logic would it serve for God to curse a snake to become a snake?
What logic for the whole Genesis scenario anyway?(shrug)

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#102655 Oct 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
you worship a proven false god.
You haven't proven a thing.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#102656 Oct 22, 2013
MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Chromiuman just gave a briljant answer. prop!
I grew up near the shore in Holland.
It's nice to have a mum that does all the unwinkling though.
(Not too often though)
Hah.

I grew up on the West coast of Ireland.

I figured you were local.:-D

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102657 Oct 22, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:

But suppose it had legs before it was cursed?
Throw that supposition out the window along with your red herring and answer the damn question.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102658 Oct 22, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
What logic was it to kill the first born of Egypt rather than simply shoving a lightning bolt up Pharaoh's ass?
See what I mean? No one answers the question. You included.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#102659 Oct 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i've been out of the landscape industry for twenty years now...just a recreational flower junkie now, i have met many people who never studied in the industry that know far, far more about it than i do...
it has taken over a year for the lemons to turn yellow after growing to full size, so yes, it is surprising, but i can see where that sounded funny...
Crusteceans turn you blue, that's quite enough of that colour.

Just one year, but i take it you bought a bit older and it just had to acclimatize (as would the GF).
Another thing i know next to nothing about.
They are self-fertilizing as i recall.
(did god...question for redneck, given Dudes three rules.)
Do they give lemons every year or is it extra-special because you did not expect it this year?
Apart from the question as to why it would take them one whole year to turn yellow.
Is that abnormal?
They might as well do the trick every other year, but due to frontroom conditions went wild in one go!

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102660 Oct 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are still a moron. Did I say you needed scientific tests for the evidence of God?
If liars for Jesus or other such idiots claim that their invisible friend did something there would be physical evidence of that event.
If there was a global flood there would be evidence for it. There is none. All geology says that for well over a billion years, and perhaps never, has the entire Earth been covered with water.
Biology says that their was no worldwide reduction of all species to almost extinction level.
Those debunk that Genesis myths right there.
No. You said "There is no scientific evidence for God, there is scientific evidence for abiogenesis." Which is incorrecnt. Thee is no evidence that life can create itself. None.

LOL. You will not consider that geology or biology could possibly be wrong, can you? Why not? Most of your kind admit that science is wrong far more often than it is right...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102661 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Throw that supposition out the window along with your red herring and answer the damn question.
What logic would it serve for God to get born, die in a sham sacrifice and say it's to forgive all human sins which God made happen in the first place?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102662 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What logic would it serve to claim reality isn't real because Jews are magic?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102663 Oct 22, 2013
What logic would it serve for Adam and Eve to have belly buttons?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102664 Oct 22, 2013
What logic would it serve for God to have a belly button?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#102665 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't proven a thing.
i don't need to, your cult bible does it for me.

i notice you are unable to even come close to countering the clear, verifiable facts that i have given you...why is that?

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#102666 Oct 22, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hah.
I grew up on the West coast of Ireland.
I figured you were local.:-D
Oi Mac, we were not wall falln with the hunger.

;)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102667 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No. You said "There is no scientific evidence for God, there is scientific evidence for abiogenesis." Which is incorrecnt. Thee is no evidence that life can create itself. None.
Plants quite obviously don't give a crud what you think.

There's a field full of flowers all capable of creating lots of little flowers, which as far as can be determined, don't need the interference of magic Jew wizards.

But then we don't really know that fo sho since the magic Jew wizard is invisible.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
LOL. You will not consider that geology or biology could possibly be wrong, can you? Why not?
Of course we do. That's WHY they're CALLED science, because in order for something to be scientific it must have the potential for falsification.

You uh, DID know this did you not?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Most of your kind admit that science is wrong far more often than it is right...
Oh THAT'S why you're using your computer. Hey, feel free to go back and live in the dark ages. Throw away your computer, cellphone, clothes, medicine, car, shops, modern commercial infrastructure and go back to living in a cave and go hunting for your OWN chickens.

Or carry on and be just another fundie religious hypocrite.(shrug)

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#102668 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry my sarcasm flew over your head. I'll try and remember to include the sarcasm tags in the future.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No logic at all. There is no logic in the entire story. So arguing about snakes/serpents appearing in mythology is nothing more than mental masturbation.

[SARCASM]
So how many angels CAN dance on the head of a pin?
[/SARCASM]

Better?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How a Guy Got Banned From All Starbucks 1 min Spotted Girl 11
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? (Nov '14) 1 min Just Roxie 985
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 1 min NotaGoth 141,146
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 min Santos 42,063
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 7 min cathouse cowboy 4,043
last word/first word. (Apr '12) 9 min cathouse cowboy 6,022
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 12 min cathouse cowboy 8,905
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 35 min cathouse cowboy 108
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 1 hr Hoosier Hillbilly 1,877
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr CJ Rocker 167,008