Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,853)

Showing posts 97,041 - 97,060 of111,702
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. That's the difference.
Global flood is pretty pointless if it happens billions of years before Noah allegedly existed, right?
lol...ah not. The difference is you spend time arguing whether Noah and his flood did or didn't happen and I don't. That's our difference lol...to funny....

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Shattered? Not. Challenged? Always.
The traditional idea was as you said, a shallow sea covered the Earth and the continents poked up from under it. But discoveries
are showing us that was wrong. First, the first continent foundations precede the sea, and we know that water can penetrate deep inside the crust.

http://www.livescience.com/1312-huge-ocean-di...

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, hearsay is not circumstantial evidence.
Sorry, you do not know what "circumstantial evidence" is.
You said hearsay isn't circumstantial evidence. By itself it isn't. You didn't read what I wrote.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The traditional idea was as you said, a shallow sea covered the Earth and the continents poked up from under it. But discoveries
are showing us that was wrong. First, the first continent foundations precede the sea, and we know that water can penetrate deep inside the crust.
http://www.livescience.com/1312-huge-ocean-di...
The theory I spoke of is the one of whereafter the earth being a molten ball of lava began to cool and an outer crust formed and the center began to solidify, the crust remained hot. Volcanoes more numerous than we'll ever imagine with the beginning of plate tectonics expelled a mixture of gasses and as the crust continued to cool and thicken, it rained. And it rained. It rained for a long undetermined amount of time but it rained so much it caused the first seas and oceans to appear. But it's theorized because the crust was still thin and warm, the water on top didn't penetrate very deeply into the crust so much of the earth's water was top surface. This is believed because every mountain rage from the youngest to the oldest all show signs of having been pushed up from under seas and or oceans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory I spoke of is the one of whereafter the earth being a molten ball of lava began to cool and an outer crust formed and the center began to solidify, the crust remained hot. Volcanoes more numerous than we'll ever imagine with the beginning of plate tectonics expelled a mixture of gasses and as the crust continued to cool and thicken, it rained. And it rained. It rained for a long undetermined amount of time but it rained so much it caused the first seas and oceans to appear. But it's theorized because the crust was still thin and warm, the water on top didn't penetrate very deeply into the crust so much of the earth's water was top surface. This is believed because every mountain rage from the youngest to the oldest all show signs of having been pushed up from under seas and or oceans.
Even the oldest of mountain ranges that we see on the Earth today are much younger than the Earth itself. In fact younger on the order of 4 billion years. Now there may be some roots of ancient mountain ranges left, but the actual ancient mountains have long ago been eroded back to the sea.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, every point is fact and every point you ignore.
Including the multiple references in the babble for some odd reason.
It’s almost as though you can only see the bits (small bits) of the
babble that agree with you own beliefs. Tell me, you would not happen to
be christian would you?
Ignorance in the highest order. You are the one that is babbling not the bible.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Still imaginary lines, it really does not matter how hard you stamp your foot.
All you need to do is go out and photograph one to prove me wrong but guess what, you can’t, you lose
Yes imaginary, but invisible, they exist, because going from west to east, you gain a whole day, while going from east to west, you lose a whole day. This is reality. NUTS!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that’s where YOU got your limits and boundaries.
But of course science has limits
Science does not make moral judgements – godbots do
Yes, science has. That is why it can not completely answer man's pressing problems. God's judgements is/ are always justified.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh I see you have read it at last, or at least part of it, thank you
for being so honest, in the past you have actually denied this
And just about every other religion warns about worshipping any other
god or group of gods, why should yours be so different? Oh I get it,
it’s because it’s the one you believe in – right?
I never disagreed on the bible mentioning other gods or goddesses. But the bible also specifically mentioned the ineffective nature of those gods. So, why should we worship something made with our hands?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well apart from the fact that you lied (probably down to ignorance but
still no excuse) and apart from the fact that 2/3rds of the world’s
population definitely do not believe in your god (and a goodly number of
those that claim abrahamic faith too). There is also the fact that you
would not know the meaning of “truth” if it sat on your face and farted.
Here let me help you.
Truth
a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like
the true or actual state of a matter
actuality or actual existence.
the state or character of being true.
See, it has nothing to do with what you believe to be truth but what is
ACTUALLY true
Tell that to yourself. Like i said, God is one. Many faiths sees him in many different lights. He should not be worshipped through any mediums, that is where many faiths are getting it wrong.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't understand the answer.
You asked, "Can science create a natural human brain?"
I responded, "Science describes by observation and testing, it creates understanding."
"Science" does not create brains, gall bladders, computers or yo-yos. It describes. Your question is fallacious.
Good! So you have admitted, that science has its own limitations. It can not accurately test and observed every FACTS. Period.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't help but notice you have no answer as to how life self assembled. Don't feel stupid, no one does!
How many times do we have to tell you that we agree that science does not - as yet and maybe never - have an answer to how life began. Are you really this stupid or do you just like whining on the internet?

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Educate us all about how the wind driven molecules landed in the seas and produced life?
How many goddamn times to you have to be told the question has not been answered??? It's a work in progress. Do you know that that means or do I have to explain that to your dumb ass as well.

Here. Since using Google or Wikipedia is apparently well over you head, here is a good summary of the current research:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

And before you go into your crybaby mode about Wiki, notice the 188 reference links at the bottom of the page to further information.
bohart wrote:
I mean sucking bone says there's plenty of evidence, he wouldn't be lying would he?
No, he's not. If you would take the time to read and understand - a long shot, I know - maybe you would catch on to what he's actually saying. I'm not putting any money on that, however.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It says serpent, and that it's the craftiest beast in the field. It does not say whatever tempted Eve was a snake, it says serpent.
I cant be any more clearer than that.
Yeah I know. That's the problem.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
The theory behind common ancestry only postulates.
That isn't fact.
It's not a fact in the same way that it's not a fact your DNA demonstrates your relation to your parents. After all it's only a theory.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, that I don't understand. Are you implying that plants create themselves? If not, what are you implying?
Plants create themselves all the time, just as we do. You claim that intelligence is necessary, but plants aren't intelligent. Ergo natural processes create life every day without any necessity of intelligent intervention.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory boy, is that winds blowing random molecules into primordial seas stirred by tides created life! Now Aura And sucking bone have the evidence that this occurred but won't share it with the those who are not members of their cult
It not a theory, dumbass. Why are you so willfully ignorant?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no evidence. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. No evidence of any kind that life can create itself, not physical evidence, testimonial, circumstantial or even anecdotal. None.
There is none. No one can show scientific proof that life can create itself. No one has ever created life in a science lab, even under the most favorable conditions possible. So if "intelligent" human beings cannot create life, how is life supposed to have come into existence by itself?
If even the most intelligent organism can't create life then why is it a good idea to think that intelligence is needed to create life?

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
"The key to building life has been discovered"!
Please return to us old Aura Mytha and bestow upon mankind the secret of life!
Sucking bone, Mike F, Woodtick and Dude will not share the secret. Only you can open the sacred text to reveal it!
I've answered you, Blow Hard. Repeatedly. You don't want answers. You don't want an honest conversation. You just want to crap all over the forum.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If you, IF ANYBODY HERE, has evidence that life can create itself, post it.
Go google your little ass off.
I didn't need google. I posted it before you posted this. You said you didn't understand. Not our problem.(shrug)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 97,041 - 97,060 of111,702
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

115 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
What is the meaning of life? 8 min cjt12 29
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 17 min Cyan in CA 28,564
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 17 min CJ Rocker 4,684
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 19 min Doug77 6,065
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min wichita-rick 140,340
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 29 min cjt12 1,262
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 34 min Trouser Cough 53,708
Woman Watching TV Learns of Her Home's Violent ... 1 hr Phyllis Schlafly s Stain 2
How to become Unbannable 1 hr SLACK 71
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 2 hr last_call 14,113
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••