Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#102563 Oct 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor bohart knows that he has lost. All he can do is to rant hysterically and purposefully get evolution and abiogenesis wrong. His only hope is to debunk one of his strawmen. He is totally outclassed by the real thing.
At least he is a somewhat entertaining idiot.
At least this isn't one of his usual drive by, straw man attacks.

He is hysterical, both in the humor he provides and his state of mind.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#102564 Oct 22, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiki missed that the Park Service removed the old forest story signs after Coffin's and Austin's work there. Those layered "ancient forests" had trees of all the same age and the root masses were missing, just like at St. Helen's. In coal mine's we find the same polystrate petrified logs and have to go around or blast them out, Proof positive that Steve Austin got it right,(see his video),long before St Helen's. These same depositions are found in flood deposits in Oregon - petrified upright logs. Sorry, but Wiki is the most evolution biased source there is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =flrhqjN5BHoXX
Oh, that is it. The sources that provide evidence are all wrong.

Did you call these trees and have a long, poignant conversation with them where they confessed they believed in a global flood?

You suffer from jumping to the conclusion you want and ignore all the evidence that disagrees with you. You use conspiracy theory thinking to support your belief. Your bionic geologist hasn't shown anything.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#102566 Oct 22, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Wiki missed that the Park Service removed the old forest story signs after Coffin's and Austin's work there. Those layered "ancient forests" had trees of all the same age and the root masses were missing, just like at St. Helen's. In coal mine's we find the same polystrate petrified logs and have to go around or blast them out, Proof positive that Steve Austin got it right,(see his video),long before St Helen's. These same depositions are found in flood deposits in Oregon - petrified upright logs. Sorry, but Wiki is the most evolution biased source there is.
You present an interview with a geologist who doesn't discern the difference between limestone and pyroclastic depositions in a video from "Origins" as a critically objective evidence? I can't tell which of you liars for Jesus is more dishonest.
And by any reference material being an "evolution biased source" it is thoroughly understood that you mean "not creation biased", of course.

““You must not lose faith ”

Level 5

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#102567 Oct 22, 2013
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2008/06/...

[...]
Some scientists have proposed that ancient hydrothermal vents may have been sites where prebiotic molecules--molecules made before the origin of life, such as fatty acids and amino acids--were formed.

When fatty acids are in an aqueous environment, they spontaneously arrange so that their hydrophilic, or water-loving, "heads" interact with the surrounding water molecules and their hydrophobic, or water-fearing, "tails" are shielded from the water, resulting in the formation of tiny spheres of fatty acids called micelles.

Depending upon chemical concentrations and the pH of their environment, micelles can convert into layered membrane sheets or enclosed vesicles. Researchers commonly use vesicles to model the cellular membranes of protocells.

When the team started its work, the researchers were not sure that the building blocks required for copying the protocell's genetic material would be able to enter the cell.

"By showing that this can happen, and indeed happen quite efficiently, we have come a little closer to our goal of making a functional protocell that, in the right environment, is able to grow and divide on its own," said Szostak.

"We have found that membranes made from fatty acids and related molecules -- the most likely components of primitive cell membranes -- have properties very different from those of the modern cell membrane, which uses specialized pumps, channels or pores to control what gets in and out," says Jack Szostak, PhD, of the MGH Department of Molecular Biology and Center for Computational and Integrative Biology, the report's senior author. "Our report shows that very primitive cells may have absorbed nutrients from their environment, rather than having to manufacture needed materials internally, which supports one of two competing theories about fundamental properties of these cells."
[...]

Carpentras-soil would have the proper origin (hydrothermal vents...which by the way suggest plate-movement and water allready present be it in stone (olivijn) or as is...) and consistency.

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#102568 Oct 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You present an interview with a geologist who doesn't discern the difference between limestone and pyroclastic depositions in a video from "Origins" as a critically objective evidence? I can't tell which of you liars for Jesus is more dishonest.
And by any reference material being an "evolution biased source" it is thoroughly understood that you mean "not creation biased", of course.
Austin's work on coal formation is included in the texts at Penn State after his PhD work there. He got his undergrad on work researching St.Helen's in the 60's before the 1980 eruption. His work in Grand Canyon limestone's is known world-wide. He knows the the difference. I have found WiKi biased to the extreme and proved so on this site. I do appreciate your looking over the video. Thanks, but I am no "liar for Jesus".

http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/10/the-first...

http://www.genesisalive.com/2013/09/a-questio...

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102569 Oct 22, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"There is no evidence. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. No evidence of any kind that life can create itself, not physical evidence, testimonial, circumstantial or even anecdotal. None."
One can say exactly the same thing about your mythical god.
Bullshit.

God has spoken to me, has touched me and I've witnessed His miracles firsthand.

Millions of testimonials are out there for you to read, all with similar experiences.

It may only be anecdotal evidence, but it's still evidence.

You can't say the same for life creating itself.

Level 5

Location hidden

#102570 Oct 22, 2013
Kong_ wrote:

The scientifically illiterate will attempt to seize upon this to denegrate science and specifically, evolution. In contrast, the rest of us will understand it is not only exceedingly HONEST of science, but it to suggest that the branching of the Neanderthal and modern human (Cro Magnon?) being pushed back further -- if you accept the findings below -- is INCREASING our knowledge of early man.
http://phys.org/news/2013-10-hominin-ancestor ...
No known hominin is ancestor of Neanderthals and modern humans, research says
October 21st, 2013 in Other Sciences / Archaeology & Fossils
Study: No known hominin is ancestor of Neanderthals and modern humans.>

Replaytime wrote:
Good timing just four days after they uncovered the "1.8-million-year-old skull" in the Republic of Georgia that suggests simpler human lineage.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/18/science/fos ...

woodtick57 wrote:

<quoted text>that fossil had nothing to do with neandertals, another species of hominid, did it?

Replaytime wrote:
Tick scientists have a 1.8 million years old skull that they studied for 8 years and think it suggests simpler human lineage.

Four days later, other scientists countries away, with teeth they have had for years, now suggest Neanderthals and modern humans diverged nearly 1 million years ago and not the prior thought of around 300,000 years ago.

That was my point but I figure you did not read them both.

What does it have to do with Neanderthals indeed (include Denizovans and the Flores hominids) that a bunch of hominids are bundled to belong to the same lineage...woodtick suggested rightly so.

Then we go on about having to read the neaderthals seperated earlier. Not 300.000 y.a but 1 M y.a.
Well all nice and fine but the question is who suggested the latter, since different ideas have been around for longer.
One of those papers that some here never read.
Humans have this ongoing lineage with only at the top a bit of a mix with afore mentioned hominids.
Cro magnon by the way was allready clased as H. Sapience .

p 4858

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102571 Oct 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
"but, but, but.... it SAYS!!!" You're making a spectacle. Be a man and quit quivering your lip. Once more, Genesis does not say serpent OR snake, but the word that WAS used is synonymous with snake.
English did not come into existence until thousands of years after the Pentateuch was written. If even this glaringly simple thing is over your head then no, you can't make that any "more clearer".
On top of that, if you think that a reptile is "craftier" than a raccoon, you ain't much of a redneck, either.
No shit, Sherlock.

Originally,'serpent' was 'nachash' in ancient Hebrew, which when you translate from Hebrew to English you get the word 'serpent'.

Now g'head. Pay yourself on the back for 'teaching' me something I already knew.

Level 5

Location hidden

#102572 Oct 22, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
Austin's work on coal formation is included in the texts at Penn State after his PhD work there. He got his undergrad on work researching St.Helen's in the 60's before the 1980 eruption. His work in Grand Canyon limestone's is known world-wide. He knows the the difference. I have found WiKi biased to the extreme and proved so on this site. I do appreciate your looking over the video. Thanks, but I am no "liar for Jesus".
I don't really pretend to follow this discussion but are you suggesting the coalminers cut of the roots just to have a go at the evolutionists?

sad. i know.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102573 Oct 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
There isn't anything to argue, plus - I've read your posts.
When someone maintains that God wrote the Torah in English because he has both a KJV and a NIV Bible, monosyllabic sentences seem to be the most appropriate response.
I speak English, so when I quote the Bible I quote it in English.

I'd quote it in Hebrew, but Topix is too stupid to recognize the language and it comes out in gibberish.

Please find the post where I stated that the Torah was written in English.

Go.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#102574 Oct 22, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
the bible is known worldwide also and it is proven to be full of outright bullshit.

you fundie idiots will buy into anything if you think it supports your cult...

SBT
Level 2

Since: Jun 13

United States

#102575 Oct 22, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, that is it. The sources that provide evidence are all wrong.
Did you call these trees and have a long, poignant conversation with them where they confessed they believed in a global flood?
You suffer from jumping to the conclusion you want and ignore all the evidence that disagrees with you. You use conspiracy theory thinking to support your belief. Your bionic geologist hasn't shown anything.
No, actually i followed the main players into the field, did some self research and then went to college on the geology side. When the evo theories all fell apart there it confirmed to me who was miss leading who. My profs agreed in general to boot.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102576 Oct 22, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yeah, the detectives can figure that out, but you cannot seem to figure out how to ask a question or phrase something to say what you want. lack of intelligence and logic ...
Just admit you were wrong.

You says "a fingerprint at a crime scene is direct evidence of that person being at the crime scene"

You know that's wrong. You just explained why.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#102577 Oct 22, 2013
MAAT wrote:
Kong_ wrote:
The scientifically illiterate will attempt to seize upon this to denegrate science and specifically, evolution. In contrast, the rest of us will understand it is not only exceedingly HONEST of science, but it to suggest that the branching of the Neanderthal and modern human (Cro Magnon?) being pushed back further -- if you accept the findings below -- is INCREASING our knowledge of early man.
http://phys.org/news/2013-10-hominin-ancestor ...
No known hominin is ancestor of Neanderthals and modern humans, research says
October 21st, 2013 in Other Sciences / Archaeology & Fossils
Study: No known hominin is ancestor of Neanderthals and modern humans.>
Replaytime wrote:
Good timing just four days after they uncovered the "1.8-million-year-old skull" in the Republic of Georgia that suggests simpler human lineage.
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/18/science/fos ...
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that fossil had nothing to do with neandertals, another species of hominid, did it?
Replaytime wrote:
Tick scientists have a 1.8 million years old skull that they studied for 8 years and think it suggests simpler human lineage.
Four days later, other scientists countries away, with teeth they have had for years, now suggest Neanderthals and modern humans diverged nearly 1 million years ago and not the prior thought of around 300,000 years ago.
That was my point but I figure you did not read them both.
What does it have to do with Neanderthals indeed (include Denizovans and the Flores hominids) that a bunch of hominids are bundled to belong to the same lineage...woodtick suggested rightly so.
Then we go on about having to read the neaderthals seperated earlier. Not 300.000 y.a but 1 M y.a.
Well all nice and fine but the question is who suggested the latter, since different ideas have been around for longer.
One of those papers that some here never read.
Humans have this ongoing lineage with only at the top a bit of a mix with afore mentioned hominids.
Cro magnon by the way was allready clased as H. Sapience .
p 4858
hey MAAT! i was just wondering the other day where you have been...

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102578 Oct 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> We understand what ever you call a serpent, to you is a serpent. We also understand it has nothing to do with reality.
No, I understand your hard headedness.

You only think 'serpent = snake and nothing else'.

That's your error and your problem.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102579 Oct 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that is not true. Yes, anecdotal evidence is evidence, but it is just about the poorest evidence possible. There is no scientific evidence for God, there is scientific evidence for abiogenesis.
Too bad you have no clue what counts as scientific evidence.
There's no scientific evidence for God because man hasn't discovered how to scientifically test for Him.

Do you suppose that DNA didn't exist before man knew how to test for it?

Level 5

Location hidden

#102580 Oct 22, 2013
KONG:

More science:

Hitchhiking virus confirms saga of ancient human migration
October 21st, 2013 in Biology / Cell & Microbiology

A study of the full genetic code of a common human virus offers a dramatic confirmation of the "out-of-Africa" pattern of human migration, which had previously been documented by anthropologists and studies of the human genome.

The virus under study, herpes simplex virus type 1 (HSV-1), usually causes nothing more severe than cold sores around the mouth, says Curtis Brandt, a professor of medical microbiology and ophthalmology at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. Brandt is senior author of the study, now online in the journal PLOS ONE.

When Brandt and co-authors Aaron Kolb and Ccile An compared 31 strains of HSV-1 collected in North America, Europe, Africa and Asia, "the result was fairly stunning," says Brandt.

"The viral strains sort exactly as you would predict based on sequencing of human genomes. We found that all of the African isolates cluster together, all the virus from the Far East, Korea, Japan, China clustered together, all the viruses in Europe and America, with one exception, clustered together," he says.

"What we found follows exactly what the anthropologists have told us, and the molecular geneticists who have analyzed the human genome have told us, about where humans originated and how they spread across the planet."

<more at>

http://phys.org/news/2013-10-hitchhiking-viru ...

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#102581 Oct 22, 2013
SBT wrote:
<quoted text>
No one disputes that petrified forests were buried relatively rapidly (this could be a hundred years or so). What's disputed is any need for a global flood when there are so many other possible sources of burial such as volcanoes, mud slides and the like. Mount St Helens would actually provide proof for this.

Just out of interest, how deep are those petrified trees you've found in coal mines?

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#102582 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No shit, Sherlock.
Originally,'serpent' was 'nachash' in ancient Hebrew, which when you translate from Hebrew to English you get the word 'serpent'.
Now g'head. Pay yourself on the back for 'teaching' me something I already knew.
http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/l...

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#102583 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I understand your hard headedness.
You only think 'serpent = snake and nothing else'.
That's your error and your problem.
This verse does rather suggest it's a snake.

3:14 And the Lord God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life:

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Highs & Lows of 2014 4 min Hoosier Hillbilly 12
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 6 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,640
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 40,771
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 11 min black shuck 152,906
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 17 min Mega Monster 7,830
Name something you shouldn't do naked .... (Mar '14) 21 min whatimeisit 335
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 24 min black shuck 470
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 47 min Roxie Darling 26,030
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 37,793
More from around the web