Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102522 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,..the difference in us is your not playing a fool , you are the real thing!
bohart, there is actually a faint hint of hope for an idiot like you.

If you ever clear the religious shit out of your eyes even an idiot like you could learn.

My only foolishness is in hoping an a-hole like you could learn.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#102523 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not ignorant, no, you are dumb.
I didn't ask you about God, I asked for evidence and there is none, listen dumbass.........
Fossils only TELL YOU THERE WERE LIVING CREATURES, NOT HOW THEY CAME TO LIFE you fantastic moron.
Give us all the empirical, observable scientific evidence of how life began.... You can't, there is none. All you can do is idiotically rail against God, Jew magic etc. That's why you do it, because you can't face reality, and that's this,...
There is no scientific explanation for how life began.
"There is no scientific explanation for how life began."

Incorrect, there is an explanation. However it is...
One you do not like, It's called abiogenesis.
What there isn't is a scientific explanation for god.

So lets hear your theory of special creation.
We know how that goes, you start out with mythical invisible sky daddy's and work your way down.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#102524 Oct 21, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you still have no idea what a scientific theory is. If you have a better one then please present a viable alternative theory that does a better job of predicting cosmic background radiation than the Big Bang. If you have a better one then please present a viable alternative theory that does a better job of predicting the positions and gravitational effects of astronomical phenomena better than Dark Matter.
Meh, who am I kidding, you're a Von-Daniken fan.
:-/
lol...right. Like your declaration/insinuation scientific theory is all facts. You go dude!

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#102525 Oct 21, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. That's the difference.
Global flood is pretty pointless if it happens billions of years before Noah allegedly existed, right?
lol...ah not. The difference is you spend time arguing whether Noah and his flood did or didn't happen and I don't. That's our difference lol...to funny....

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#102526 Oct 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Shattered? Not. Challenged? Always.
The traditional idea was as you said, a shallow sea covered the Earth and the continents poked up from under it. But discoveries
are showing us that was wrong. First, the first continent foundations precede the sea, and we know that water can penetrate deep inside the crust.

http://www.livescience.com/1312-huge-ocean-di...

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#102527 Oct 22, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, hearsay is not circumstantial evidence.
Sorry, you do not know what "circumstantial evidence" is.
You said hearsay isn't circumstantial evidence. By itself it isn't. You didn't read what I wrote.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#102528 Oct 22, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The traditional idea was as you said, a shallow sea covered the Earth and the continents poked up from under it. But discoveries
are showing us that was wrong. First, the first continent foundations precede the sea, and we know that water can penetrate deep inside the crust.
http://www.livescience.com/1312-huge-ocean-di...
The theory I spoke of is the one of whereafter the earth being a molten ball of lava began to cool and an outer crust formed and the center began to solidify, the crust remained hot. Volcanoes more numerous than we'll ever imagine with the beginning of plate tectonics expelled a mixture of gasses and as the crust continued to cool and thicken, it rained. And it rained. It rained for a long undetermined amount of time but it rained so much it caused the first seas and oceans to appear. But it's theorized because the crust was still thin and warm, the water on top didn't penetrate very deeply into the crust so much of the earth's water was top surface. This is believed because every mountain rage from the youngest to the oldest all show signs of having been pushed up from under seas and or oceans.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102529 Oct 22, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory I spoke of is the one of whereafter the earth being a molten ball of lava began to cool and an outer crust formed and the center began to solidify, the crust remained hot. Volcanoes more numerous than we'll ever imagine with the beginning of plate tectonics expelled a mixture of gasses and as the crust continued to cool and thicken, it rained. And it rained. It rained for a long undetermined amount of time but it rained so much it caused the first seas and oceans to appear. But it's theorized because the crust was still thin and warm, the water on top didn't penetrate very deeply into the crust so much of the earth's water was top surface. This is believed because every mountain rage from the youngest to the oldest all show signs of having been pushed up from under seas and or oceans.
Even the oldest of mountain ranges that we see on the Earth today are much younger than the Earth itself. In fact younger on the order of 4 billion years. Now there may be some roots of ancient mountain ranges left, but the actual ancient mountains have long ago been eroded back to the sea.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#102530 Oct 22, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong, every point is fact and every point you ignore.
Including the multiple references in the babble for some odd reason.
It’s almost as though you can only see the bits (small bits) of the
babble that agree with you own beliefs. Tell me, you would not happen to
be christian would you?
Ignorance in the highest order. You are the one that is babbling not the bible.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102531 Oct 22, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Still imaginary lines, it really does not matter how hard you stamp your foot.
All you need to do is go out and photograph one to prove me wrong but guess what, you can’t, you lose
Yes imaginary, but invisible, they exist, because going from west to east, you gain a whole day, while going from east to west, you lose a whole day. This is reality. NUTS!

Level 2

Location hidden

#102532 Oct 22, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, that’s where YOU got your limits and boundaries.
But of course science has limits
Science does not make moral judgements – godbots do
Yes, science has. That is why it can not completely answer man's pressing problems. God's judgements is/ are always justified.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102533 Oct 22, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh I see you have read it at last, or at least part of it, thank you
for being so honest, in the past you have actually denied this
And just about every other religion warns about worshipping any other
god or group of gods, why should yours be so different? Oh I get it,
it’s because it’s the one you believe in – right?
I never disagreed on the bible mentioning other gods or goddesses. But the bible also specifically mentioned the ineffective nature of those gods. So, why should we worship something made with our hands?

Level 2

Location hidden

#102534 Oct 22, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Well apart from the fact that you lied (probably down to ignorance but
still no excuse) and apart from the fact that 2/3rds of the world’s
population definitely do not believe in your god (and a goodly number of
those that claim abrahamic faith too). There is also the fact that you
would not know the meaning of “truth” if it sat on your face and farted.
Here let me help you.
Truth
a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like
the true or actual state of a matter
actuality or actual existence.
the state or character of being true.
See, it has nothing to do with what you believe to be truth but what is
ACTUALLY true
Tell that to yourself. Like i said, God is one. Many faiths sees him in many different lights. He should not be worshipped through any mediums, that is where many faiths are getting it wrong.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102535 Oct 22, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't understand the answer.
You asked, "Can science create a natural human brain?"
I responded, "Science describes by observation and testing, it creates understanding."
"Science" does not create brains, gall bladders, computers or yo-yos. It describes. Your question is fallacious.
Good! So you have admitted, that science has its own limitations. It can not accurately test and observed every FACTS. Period.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#102536 Oct 22, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't help but notice you have no answer as to how life self assembled. Don't feel stupid, no one does!
How many times do we have to tell you that we agree that science does not - as yet and maybe never - have an answer to how life began. Are you really this stupid or do you just like whining on the internet?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102537 Oct 22, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Educate us all about how the wind driven molecules landed in the seas and produced life?
How many goddamn times to you have to be told the question has not been answered??? It's a work in progress. Do you know that that means or do I have to explain that to your dumb ass as well.

Here. Since using Google or Wikipedia is apparently well over you head, here is a good summary of the current research:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

And before you go into your crybaby mode about Wiki, notice the 188 reference links at the bottom of the page to further information.
bohart wrote:
I mean sucking bone says there's plenty of evidence, he wouldn't be lying would he?
No, he's not. If you would take the time to read and understand - a long shot, I know - maybe you would catch on to what he's actually saying. I'm not putting any money on that, however.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102538 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It says serpent, and that it's the craftiest beast in the field. It does not say whatever tempted Eve was a snake, it says serpent.
I cant be any more clearer than that.
Yeah I know. That's the problem.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102539 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't.
The theory behind common ancestry only postulates.
That isn't fact.
It's not a fact in the same way that it's not a fact your DNA demonstrates your relation to your parents. After all it's only a theory.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#102540 Oct 22, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, that I don't understand. Are you implying that plants create themselves? If not, what are you implying?
Plants create themselves all the time, just as we do. You claim that intelligence is necessary, but plants aren't intelligent. Ergo natural processes create life every day without any necessity of intelligent intervention.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102541 Oct 22, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory boy, is that winds blowing random molecules into primordial seas stirred by tides created life! Now Aura And sucking bone have the evidence that this occurred but won't share it with the those who are not members of their cult
It not a theory, dumbass. Why are you so willfully ignorant?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 8 min Hoosier Hillbilly 30,291
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 12 min razz58 8,089
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 13 min Hoosier Hillbilly 40,711
The letter 'D'........... (May '09) 16 min Judy 123 3,417
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 21 min Judy 123 184
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 24 min Life after Love 25,521
Word Association (Jun '10) 25 min Judy 123 26,370
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 28 min _hellbilly_ 152,361
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 33 min Life after Love 126
Is it possible to....... 1 hr Life after Love 520
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Grace Nerissa 37,717
More from around the web