Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,846)

Showing posts 96,901 - 96,920 of106,255
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference in us is I believe a being called God created life, you believe life created itself.
...and you believe that's logical? since there's zero evidence of that it's a belief. Hey! your religion is fun.
yes, zero evidence for any god. and most likely the god you believe in has been proven to be false... yeah...religion is fun..

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

replaytime wrote:
I am going to repost this:
Letís do a little comparison.
The bible says God created life.
Science says life created itself.
The bible says we all descend from 8 people.
Science says we all come from common ancestors and at one point, from the same organism.
The bible says the earth, sun and moon were created at/around the same time.
Science says the earth and moon are 4.5 billion years old and the sun is 4.6 billion years old. Pretty much around the same time given that much time.
There is sort of a trend/similarity there, just different beliefs.
no, no similarities there...

remember the bible says the Earth was formed and populated with plants before the sun was created...quite different stories. one impossible, one proven by fact...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I did! Did you miss it? Here I will post it again.
It all starts at conception,,, skip ahead. The child is born,,, skip ahead,,, The child eats and grows,,, skip ahead,,, learns to crawl then walk,,, skip ahead,,, gets a bike for their birthday with training wheels,,, skip ahead,,, eventually the training wheels can be taken off because they learn to get on that bike and just ride it. That is how it works. Hopefully you will loose your training wheels in life soon.
jeez what a tool! how many times are you going to mispell the word lose?

you still haven't given a better answer, or any answer at all for how a bike works. why is that? i gave a perfectly clear, accurate and concise answer in about three seconds thinking, it has been over two weeks and still nothing from you...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
all you puddle people need to assemble life is winds, tides and currents along with a few random molecules eh?
You members of the Liars R us club will believe in anything no matter how stupid.
How's that secret of life discovery working for you? called the NewYork times yet?
which all exist in abundance.

all you need is a god for which there is not one shred of evidence for its existence...

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yes, zero evidence for any god. and most likely the god you believe in has been proven to be false... yeah...religion is fun..
Now that your part of the realm of religion does your sect collect tithes?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>which all exist in abundance.
all you need is a god for which there is not one shred of evidence for its existence...
Ha,ha,ha, I love you man! wind, tides and molecules! the creator of life! ha,ha,ha,. Speaking of not one shred of evidence , the wind,tides, and molecule theory has none! Only the religious devotion of your sect keeps it going.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that your part of the realm of religion does your sect collect tithes?
Want to try that in english? a little early to be hitting the bottle, isn't it?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>which all exist in abundance.
Hey look! there are rocks outside! proof that the pyramids self assembled through natural processes, no builders needed. ha,ha,ha.I mean hey! rocks exist in abundance! you puddle people are hilarious.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha,ha,ha, I love you man! wind, tides and molecules! the creator of life! ha,ha,ha,. Speaking of not one shred of evidence , the wind,tides, and molecule theory has none! Only the religious devotion of your sect keeps it going.
pretty much the same theory you buy into, yet your cult needs a proven false god to do the exact same thing....how sensible is that?

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey look! there are rocks outside! proof that the pyramids self assembled through natural processes, no builders needed. ha,ha,ha.I mean hey! rocks exist in abundance! you puddle people are hilarious.
yet we have irrefutable evidence that humans cut those rocks and put them in place.

no evidence whatsoever that nay god, gods, or goddesses put any of the most common elements of the universe together to form life...not one shred...

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Want to try that in english? a little early to be hitting the bottle, isn't it?
I say ole boy, how may pounds does that splendid little cult of yours require? Time for a pint at the pub!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet we have irrefutable evidence that humans cut those rocks and put them in place.
no evidence whatsoever that nay god, gods, or goddesses put any of the most common elements of the universe together to form life...not one shred...
You are amazingly irrational, you buy into a theory with absolutely no evidence , then berate others for what you say is the same thing!

You are operating from a philosophically religious viewpoint, so please you and your ilk should stop hiding behind science. It doesn't support your beliefs with evidence

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You are amazingly irrational, you buy into a theory with absolutely no evidence , then berate others for what you say is the same thing!
You are operating from a philosophically religious viewpoint, so please you and your ilk should stop hiding behind science. It doesn't support your beliefs with evidence
i buy into no irrational theories, i just do not find it so amazing that life is made up of the most common elements of the universe that i need to invent some god. very simple.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I say ole boy, how may pounds does that splendid little cult of yours require? Time for a pint at the pub!
i belong to no cult.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor bohart, all he can do is to repeat this obvious fallacy.

bohart, you do not even know what qualifies as evidence. There are literally mountains of evidence supporting evolution and none supporting your beliefs.

But do you know who does understand evidence? Judges understand evidence. So even though they may not fully understand the science when both sides are put before them they always rule on the evolutionist side. They can see that your idiots totally lack any supporting evidence at all.

In the Dover trial the creationists got their dream judge, and they still lost. And they always will lose.

I am still willing to help you learn. Of course you have to try to act like an adult first.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
To say there is no evidence is incorrect. You may disagree with it but to claim it does not exists shows you to be an uneducated hick, an unmitigated fool or blatant liar. Probably a combination of all three.

But keep posting your childish "puddle of goo" crap and reinforce your well-deserved status as a twit.
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>You are operating from a philosophically religious viewpoint, so please you and your ilk should stop hiding behind science. It doesn't support your beliefs with evidence
So provide something to back this up. Where is this science? Who are these scientists? Though I expect you just continue to post pre-school drivel.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Lord.... You are so dense.
18 pieces of evidence.
http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scien...
Hey, thanks for posting that. Hilarious. Especially the links and footnotes to nowhere.

BTW, if you're not a creationist - as you recently claimed - why to you link to creationists websites?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Absolutely

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to believe in Santa clause then thatís entirely up to you
Funny how the story gives them antlers in December, musts be god magic
Yeah. Because the whole flying part is acceptable. ;)

“Dont kill innocent people just”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

"because they're inconvenient"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
I am feeling generous so here is an article that lists over 29 separate indications of common descent:
http://tinyurl.com/4bl3d
Oh. Neat.

The theory [common ancestor] specifically postulates that all of the earth's known biota are genealogically related, much in the same way that siblings or cousins are related to one another. Thus, universal common ancestry entails the transformation of one species into another and, consequently, macroevolutionary history and processes involving the origin of higher taxa.

A theory postulating is not a fact.

Try again.

Where's your evidence of the, THE, common ancestor. You know, the first life where all other life came from.

“Dont kill innocent people just”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

"because they're inconvenient"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are still set on being a moron.
replaytime occasionally uses his head from more than a place to hang his hat. It would be interesting to see if you could do the same some day.
The evidence for a common ancestor is obvious and has been given to you. Now it is time for you to read and learn. We can talk about evidence for alien life after that.
Negative.

You offered no evidence of the common ancestor.

you offered evidence that postulates all life on earth is related in some way.

That is not evidence of the common ancestor.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,901 - 96,920 of106,255
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••