Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221490 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#102502 Oct 21, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Testimonials are not evidence of any kind at all. We all know how easy it is to fool people. Just remember the old tent revivals and how the 'preacher''cured' people by the laying on of hands.
I hear the Southwest Indian reservations are still rife with them. Any body from the South East care to comment on whether they are still working there?
Circumstantial evidence however it valid, and is used in courts of law all over the world, and has been used many times to convict evil people in ALL kinds of crimes....including murder
We have circumstantial evidence that much of the Bible is just myths and has no evidence of factuality at all.
We have some circumstantial evidence that life COULD have come from space...not yet peer review enough I think....but a very real possibility. And we know that space is full of water.
There are charismatic, fundamentalist churches still in the Ozarks where you can see speaking in tongues and laying on of hands, but the more radical expressions of Christianity are found in the Appalachians I think. The handle venomous serpents and drink poisons like strychnine. Serpents being snakes for our less enlightened fundamentalist viewers.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102503 Oct 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you are incorrect about the zero evidence part.
you believe in an already proven false god, so you really are not one to talk...
Please get with Aura and supply us all with the evidence

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102504 Oct 21, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You better check with your boys on this thread. You creationists seem to think a theory is any old crap that you dream up.
The theory boy, is that winds blowing random molecules into primordial seas stirred by tides created life! Now Aura And sucking bone have the evidence that this occurred but won't share it with the those who are not members of their cult

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102505 Oct 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again idiot.
If that person denies obvious evidence then he is stupid, uneducated, a creatard, etc.. Especially after help is offered to cure that persons idiocy.
I can help you learn idiot, but if you want to keep denying all of science then I can't help you.
Wrong! you mean Aura doesn't have the secret of life! Do you have it!,you say you do?

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102506 Oct 21, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
And you think the concept of a god always existing and 'coming from nothing' is logical?
And you think magic is real and a logical attribute of a 'come from nothing' god?
And you think it's logical for a GOD who created everything in a tremendously huge universe to actually adopt a mall tribe of what were basically goat herders at the time, and to interfere so much in their life that he proscribed how much time a menstruating women should be put away...among a whole laundry list of VERY stupid laws??
You write:
"But when the phenomenon is the existence of the universe and of life , there is nothing in the universe to explain it. There is no natural explanation."
Neither you or I, or in fact anyone knows this yet. You have faith only, as do I, but in the opposite.
As of today in the year 2013 there is no known natural explanation for the universe and the life in it. That's just the way it is.

Thank you for admitting that you have faith in the opposite of creation . These other cultists are either to stupid to realize it or just blinded by denial

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102507 Oct 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually all the evidence of my assertion is real. There is zero chance of dead tissue coming back to life after tissue degeneration has taken place. But this window can be as little as 45 minutes or extended in very cool conditions. It has been found clinically dead can be revived , but the brain degenerates very quickly , if the victim cannot be revived in this window, degeneration makes it impossible.
But on the other side we know the chemicals and compounds can assemble into living organisms, life itself is testament of that.
The key to building life has been discovered, and even some of the process, but this knowledge isn't quite detailed enough to reproduce what happen. But this will be solved soon, and you will with your jaw blabbing denial and religious belief left in the utter stupidity, that you repeat mindlessly like the thrall of the imaginary god you worshiper you are.
"The key to building life has been discovered"!

Please return to us old Aura Mytha and bestow upon mankind the secret of life!

Sucking bone, Mike F, Woodtick and Dude will not share the secret. Only you can open the sacred text to reveal it!

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#102508 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
The theory boy, is that winds blowing random molecules into primordial seas stirred by tides created life! Now Aura And sucking bone have the evidence that this occurred but won't share it with the those who are not members of their cult
Does anyone know what this old woman is trying to say?

The HYPOTHESES are that life spontaneously formed through some as yet unknown chemical mechanism or mechanisms from more basic molecules available in solution. It is an open research question being currently studied.

I don't know of a cult that includes any of the hypothesis in their doctrine. It is science.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#102509 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
"The key to building life has been discovered"!
Please return to us old Aura Mytha and bestow upon mankind the secret of life!
Sucking bone, Mike F, Woodtick and Dude will not share the secret. Only you can open the sacred text to reveal it!
Sucking bone. Is that a Christian phrase or transference? I don't recall reading it in the Bible.

“Do not bend, fold, staple or”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

mutilate. Point down range.

#102510 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
As of today in the year 2013 there is no known natural explanation for the universe and the life in it. That's just the way it is.
Thank you for admitting that you have faith in the opposite of creation . These other cultists are either to stupid to realize it or just blinded by denial
Wouldn't destruction be the opposite of creation. Just sayin'.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102511 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! you mean Aura doesn't have the secret of life! Do you have it!,you say you do?
bohart, until you change your attitude I can't help you. All I can do is to point out how idiotic you are.

The fact is that there is evidence for abiogenesis, idiots cannot request evidence since they would simply reject it.

When you decide not to be an idiot any longer I will be more than happy to give you all of the evidence that you want.

Perhaps some others will give you the evidence you demand, I will not waste my time.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#102512 Oct 21, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Not really addressing my last question, but I didn't really expect it to be addressed directly either. I guess yours must be a circumstantial answer.
I did address your last question. You chose to ignore the reply to pretend I didn't answer it. You asked...
"Isn't circumstantial evidence also known as facts? You better get back to me on that one as well."
I said yes. But not all the time is it true as circumstantial evidence is based on everything from hearsay to facts, that's why it's called 'circumstantial evidence' because it lacks 'direct substantiated facts'.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102513 Oct 21, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Does anyone know what this old woman is trying to say?
The HYPOTHESES are that life spontaneously formed through some as yet unknown chemical mechanism or mechanisms from more basic molecules available in solution. It is an open research question being currently studied.
I don't know of a cult that includes any of the hypothesis in their doctrine. It is science.
Poor bohart knows that he has lost. All he can do is to rant hysterically and purposefully get evolution and abiogenesis wrong. His only hope is to debunk one of his strawmen. He is totally outclassed by the real thing.

At least he is a somewhat entertaining idiot.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102514 Oct 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I did address your last question. You chose to ignore the reply to pretend I didn't answer it. You asked...
"Isn't circumstantial evidence also known as facts? You better get back to me on that one as well."
I said yes. But not all the time is it true as circumstantial evidence is based on everything from hearsay to facts, that's why it's called 'circumstantial evidence' because it lacks 'direct substantiated facts'.
Sorry, hearsay is not circumstantial evidence.

Sorry, you do not know what "circumstantial evidence" is.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102515 Oct 21, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Does anyone know what this old woman is trying to say?
The HYPOTHESES are that life spontaneously formed through some as yet unknown chemical mechanism or mechanisms from more basic molecules available in solution. It is an open research question being currently studied.
I don't know of a cult that includes any of the hypothesis in their doctrine. It is science.
What it is ,is an unscientific myth with no supporting evidence what so ever,

Ha,hA,..UNKNOWN chemical mechanism

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102516 Oct 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
bohart, until you change your attitude I can't help you. All I can do is to point out how idiotic you are.
The fact is that there is evidence for abiogenesis, idiots cannot request evidence since they would simply reject it.
When you decide not to be an idiot any longer I will be more than happy to give you all of the evidence that you want.
Perhaps some others will give you the evidence you demand, I will not waste my time.
You can't even help yourself from being a blind and deluded lying fool, psychotically believing you have the secret of the primordial puddle.

Hold onto your evidence sucking bone and cuddle up tonight in the quilt of pathetic lies that keeps your pitiful worldview warm.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102517 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
What it is ,is an unscientific myth with no supporting evidence what so ever,
Ha,hA,..UNKNOWN chemical mechanism
Poor bohart, still playing the fool.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102518 Oct 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor bohart knows that he has lost. All he can do is to rant hysterically and purposefully get evolution and abiogenesis wrong. His only hope is to debunk one of his strawmen. He is totally outclassed by the real thing.
At least he is a somewhat entertaining idiot.
Hey I have the proof of God's existence , but until you change your attitude I can't help you. If you will beg and grovel I may reveal this evidence when I, and I alone deem you worthy.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102519 Oct 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor bohart, still playing the fool.
Yeah,..the difference in us is your not playing a fool , you are the real thing!

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#102520 Oct 21, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a discovery made that conflicts with the idea the entire Earth was covered by water at any given point in time.
That idea was shattered with the discovery of the foundations of the first continent precedes the ocean.
Shattered? Not. Challenged? Always.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102521 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey I have the proof of God's existence , but until you change your attitude I can't help you. If you will beg and grovel I may reveal this evidence when I, and I alone deem you worthy.
Sorry, we all know that you have none. You have no one that will back you up either. There are countless scientists that will back up my claims.

You are a moron, and you probably always will be a moron.

And didn't your pastor ever tell you that it was still a sin to lie for Jesus?

There is no evidence for God, well, there is no valid evidence for God. There are all sorts of nonsensical tales. The problem is that many of them contradict each other. We don't have that problem with scientific evidence, and there is no scientific evidence for God at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min Silverwing 218,951
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 1 hr Bittersweet Goodbyes 4,308
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 1 hr Bittersweet Goodbyes 2,675
News Serena to McEnroe: Leave me out of it 1 hr Rick Perry s Closet 2
A six word game (Dec '08) 2 hr Trouser Cough 21,067
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 2 hr Bad Bex 2,745
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 hr Brandiiiiiiii 5,807
What Turns You Off? 4 hr twowheelsforever 646
More from around the web