Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,840)

Showing posts 96,781 - 96,800 of111,954
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2013

I'm am going to bed. Replay, I suggest you double up on that evening dose of lithium. The regular dose doesn't seem to be helping.

I will leave you to dream about your many battlefield victories with the fighting respiratory therapists.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It virtually proves that they were not buried "in place" where they grew, but rather were uprooted and re-buried where they were found. The fossils themselves are evidence of a catastrophe such as a flood or volcanic eruption that took place in the past.
Wiki leaves this part out....
Have you tried reading the article?

"Geologists who have studied upright fossils found in sedimentary rocks exposed in various outcrops for the last 30 years have described the upright fossil trees as being deeply rooted in place and typically rooted in recognizable paleosols. This is in sharp contrast to the claims made by creationists such as Harold Coffin and N. A. Rupke. Geologists, such as Falcon[10][11][12][13][14] and Rygel et al.,[15] have published detailed field sketches and pictures of upright tree fossils with intact root systems, which are rooted within recognizable paleosols. In case of the upright fossil trees of the Yellowstone petrified forests, geologists – again in sharp disagreement with creationists like Harold Coffin – found that the upright fossil trees, except for relatively short stumps, are rooted in place within the underlying sediments. Typically, the sediments within which trees are rooted have paleosols developed within them.[9][16][17] Either pictures or diagrams of the Yellowstone upright fossil trees having intact root systems developed within paleosols found within these strata have been published in Retallack (1981, 1997).[16][17][18]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polystrate_fossi...

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, Santa does not use old reindeer:
http://reindeer.ws/info.htm
"The older bulls generally lose or “drop” their antlers first, usually late December or early January, with the remaining bulls following this process until as late as March. "
Interesting, I used alternative info from “Deer Antlers: Regeneration, Function and Evolution” By Richard J Goss

I can start believing in Santa again

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When it's coming from you.
You would of course think that. The problem is that you are totally oblivious to the concept to freedom of speech and the usage if a PUBLIC thread

Hardly surprising though.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Air and ionizing radiation can be seen...
Yer turn...
<quoted text>
I did not ask you to prove it. I know that air and ionizing radiation can be seen, which is why I said air and ionizing radiation can be seen....
I don’t care what you asked or not, I can prove it so what you claim you know is irrelevant to fact, irrelevant to biology and irrelevant to physics. So basiclly nothing more that self delusion or lies

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Ukrules wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not actually true - from the Neanderthal genome project :
According to preliminary sequences, 99.7% of the base pairs of the modern human and Neanderthal genomes are identical
are you lying for jesus?
Base pairs are the building blocks of DNA, but not DNA and as I stated “The average person is around 4% Neanderthal by DNA” then either you accusation of lies is irrelevant or you do not understand the science

I admit that I did quote one of the upper figures I have seen (not the highest though), See http://blog.23andme.com/ancestry/find-your-in...

"Most people have Neanderthal DNA, on average about 2.5 percent," according to 23andMe. "

See also http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn18869-n... puts it between 1 and 4%

and http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/...

And http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive... , the author claims he is 5% Neanderthal

FYI, I have no god or jesus to lie for and I find lying abhorrent.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I may have to reconsider it as well.
Here is a link to the video version of that same song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Interesting side note. Both of those girls have been on the TV show "The Big Bang Theory". The blonde was a red haired grad student who helped Sheldon on one of his papers and the brunette was the girl who made it possible for Koothrappalli to speak to women without drinking.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, I used alternative info from “Deer Antlers: Regeneration, Function and Evolution” By Richard J Goss
I can start believing in Santa again
Glad to be of service.

I don't think I can help on questions about the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Clueless as ever. Likewise.
Wrong, every point is fact and every point you ignore.

Including the multiple references in the babble for some odd reason.

It’s almost as though you can only see the bits (small bits) of the babble that agree with you own beliefs. Tell me, you would not happen to be christian would you?

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Garbage. We use those lines that you and others say, do not exist, to locate the time and distances of real places. Nuts.
Still imaginary lines, it really does not matter how hard you stamp your foot.

All you need to do is go out and photograph one to prove me wrong but guess what, you can’t, you lose

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No one can, except the creator. That is where science, got its limits or boundaries.
Nope, that’s where YOU got your limits and boundaries.

But of course science has limits

Science does not make moral judgements – godbots do

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Still imaginary lines, it really does not matter how hard you stamp your foot.
All you need to do is go out and photograph one to prove me wrong but guess what, you can’t, you lose
Here you go:

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Please note, those are lines of latitude and longitude. Amazing how they engraved themselves into metal ;)

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, the bible mentioned many gods and goddesses, but specifically warned against serving those gods. Do you normally think with your brains closed?
Ahh I see you have read it at last, or at least part of it, thank you for being so honest, in the past you have actually denied this

And just about every other religion warns about worshipping any other god or group of gods, why should yours be so different? Oh I get it, it’s because it’s the one you believe in – right?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

That was a terrible attempt at a a smiley. Let's try again:

;^)

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm no it is you that seem to keep skipping over the fact that the only life we know of, have seen, have tested, have observed, have studied is ONLY here on earth.
At only .0000000000000000001% of the universe you have a long way to go to prove other life and to disprove God huh. LOL
I fail to see what one has to do with the other. Please explain.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Hindus or not, the truth always prevails.
Well apart from the fact that you lied (probably down to ignorance but still no excuse) and apart from the fact that 2/3rds of the world’s population definitely do not believe in your god (and a goodly number of those that claim abrahamic faith too). There is also the fact that you would not know the meaning of “truth” if it sat on your face and farted.

Here let me help you.

Truth
a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like
the true or actual state of a matter
actuality or actual existence.
the state or character of being true.

See, it has nothing to do with what you believe to be truth but what is ACTUALLY true

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
OK simpleton. We have life on earth. Here is your chance to shine. Name me another place in our universe that has/supports life? This should be easy for you.
Two different arguments. If you look in a mirror, you have proof that life exists. So, if it exists here, it may be possible that life exists elsewhere. You have no comparable evidence for a god. One may or may not exist but there is no evidence of he/she/it.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So is WIKI a scientific site?
Wiki is a summary site. I though everyone was aware of that.(Apparently not.) Ever notice the extensive links at the bottom of the pages.

Level 8

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like talkorigins? I know, so don't link to BS sites like that.
Damn right! We sure wouldn't want actual science to enter the picture. Hell no!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,781 - 96,800 of111,954
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••