Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
96,761 - 96,780 of 115,118 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102312 Oct 21, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet we have irrefutable evidence that humans cut those rocks and put them in place.
no evidence whatsoever that nay god, gods, or goddesses put any of the most common elements of the universe together to form life...not one shred...
You are amazingly irrational, you buy into a theory with absolutely no evidence , then berate others for what you say is the same thing!

You are operating from a philosophically religious viewpoint, so please you and your ilk should stop hiding behind science. It doesn't support your beliefs with evidence

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#102313 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
You are amazingly irrational, you buy into a theory with absolutely no evidence , then berate others for what you say is the same thing!
You are operating from a philosophically religious viewpoint, so please you and your ilk should stop hiding behind science. It doesn't support your beliefs with evidence
i buy into no irrational theories, i just do not find it so amazing that life is made up of the most common elements of the universe that i need to invent some god. very simple.

St. Croix valley

#102314 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I say ole boy, how may pounds does that splendid little cult of yours require? Time for a pint at the pub!
i belong to no cult.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102315 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor bohart, all he can do is to repeat this obvious fallacy.

bohart, you do not even know what qualifies as evidence. There are literally mountains of evidence supporting evolution and none supporting your beliefs.

But do you know who does understand evidence? Judges understand evidence. So even though they may not fully understand the science when both sides are put before them they always rule on the evolutionist side. They can see that your idiots totally lack any supporting evidence at all.

In the Dover trial the creationists got their dream judge, and they still lost. And they always will lose.

I am still willing to help you learn. Of course you have to try to act like an adult first.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#102316 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
To say there is no evidence is incorrect. You may disagree with it but to claim it does not exists shows you to be an uneducated hick, an unmitigated fool or blatant liar. Probably a combination of all three.

But keep posting your childish "puddle of goo" crap and reinforce your well-deserved status as a twit.
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>You are operating from a philosophically religious viewpoint, so please you and your ilk should stop hiding behind science. It doesn't support your beliefs with evidence
So provide something to back this up. Where is this science? Who are these scientists? Though I expect you just continue to post pre-school drivel.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#102317 Oct 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Lord.... You are so dense.
18 pieces of evidence.
http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scien...
Hey, thanks for posting that. Hilarious. Especially the links and footnotes to nowhere.

BTW, if you're not a creationist - as you recently claimed - why to you link to creationists websites?

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

#102318 Oct 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to believe in Santa clause then thatís entirely up to you
Funny how the story gives them antlers in December, musts be god magic
Yeah. Because the whole flying part is acceptable. ;)

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#102319 Oct 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
I am feeling generous so here is an article that lists over 29 separate indications of common descent:
http://tinyurl.com/4bl3d
Oh. Neat.

The theory [common ancestor] specifically postulates that all of the earth's known biota are genealogically related, much in the same way that siblings or cousins are related to one another. Thus, universal common ancestry entails the transformation of one species into another and, consequently, macroevolutionary history and processes involving the origin of higher taxa.

A theory postulating is not a fact.

Try again.

Where's your evidence of the, THE, common ancestor. You know, the first life where all other life came from.

Level 1

Location hidden

#102320 Oct 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are still set on being a moron.
replaytime occasionally uses his head from more than a place to hang his hat. It would be interesting to see if you could do the same some day.
The evidence for a common ancestor is obvious and has been given to you. Now it is time for you to read and learn. We can talk about evidence for alien life after that.
Negative.

You offered no evidence of the common ancestor.

you offered evidence that postulates all life on earth is related in some way.

That is not evidence of the common ancestor.

Level 1

Location hidden

#102321 Oct 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you are still set on being a moron I see. And this is after I corrected you and said it was not the planet the you were talking about.
Here is a hint for you, you know what planet it is too.
I used your link to your 2nd favorite site, Wiki.

Under "List of habitable planet candidates" the only one that may be able to support life is Gliese 581 g.

That planet hasn't been confirmed to even exist, so how can you claim that it has life?

If you don't wanna play these word games, just tell me the f_cking planet you're talking about.

St. Croix valley

#102322 Oct 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Neat.
The theory [common ancestor] specifically postulates that all of the earth's known biota are genealogically related, much in the same way that siblings or cousins are related to one another. Thus, universal common ancestry entails the transformation of one species into another and, consequently, macroevolutionary history and processes involving the origin of higher taxa.
Try again.
Where's your evidence of the, THE, common ancestor. You know, the first life where all other life came from.
it's in your DNA.

where is your eveidence of even one aspect of your religious cult bullshit?

Level 1

Location hidden

#102323 Oct 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Bullshit. If anyone ever was a creatard it was you.
So if you are not a creationist you believe in common descent. I am unaware of any other views. If I am wrong please tell me what your beliefs are.
I believe in creation through evolution.

All the evidence we have today suggests that life cannot create itself, therefore a creator is necessary.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102324 Oct 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh. Neat.
Try again.
Try reading the article Oh Braindead One.

It gives evidence and tests of how we know that all life is related.

You asked for evidence, I gave it to you. I did not think that you were intelligent enough to understand it. If you have specific questions I will be happy to help you to understand.

Now of course your request for "THE, common ancestor" (sic) shows that you have no understanding of evolution. You cannot debunk a theory that you do not understand.

Level 1

Location hidden

#102325 Oct 21, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I have seen some of this evidence. It is real.
By the way, you may want to look into getting a better idea of circumstantial evidence. I don't think you know what that means either.
Circumstantial evidence is defined as evidence that relies on an inference to connect it to a conclusion of fact, like a fingerprint at the scene of a crime.

By contrast, direct evidence supports the truth of an assertion directly.

That there was a "common ancestor" is circumstantial evidence.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102326 Oct 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I used your link to your 2nd favorite site, Wiki.
Under "List of habitable planet candidates" the only one that may be able to support life is Gliese 581 g.
That planet hasn't been confirmed to even exist, so how can you claim that it has life?
If you don't wanna play these word games, just tell me the f_cking planet you're talking about.
Moron, I did not use Wiki for that claim.

Go back and read my original claim again and try to think. If you smell smoke that is a good sign.

Level 1

Location hidden

#102327 Oct 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:

Science says life created itself.
With zero evidence of that.....

Level 1

Location hidden

#102328 Oct 21, 2013
davy wrote:
I gave you an answer and now you are changing the question. The talking snake in the bible, haven't you read it? How about some scientific evidence for a talking donkey?
Ya, you did give the answer. You just didn't read your own post very well.

The Bible says it was a talking serpent, not a snake. You own post of Genesis confirmed that.

You DO know that serpent doesn't always and only mean snake, right?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102329 Oct 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
All the evidence we have today suggests that life cannot create itself, therefore a creator is necessary.
I will answer you last claim first. You are wrong. There is plenty of evidence today that suggests life can rise naturally. There have been many creatard claims that have been proven wrong over the years. Would you care to be specific?

And what do you mean by "creation through evolution"? If you truly believe that then you believe in a common ancestor. And since you dispute a common ancestor it is fairly clear that you are lying.

Do you accept that we share a common ancestor with other apes? With other mammals? With other vertebrates? In other words do you draw an artificial line somewhere?

St. Croix valley

#102330 Oct 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
creation through evolution?!? that makes no sense...

all the evidence we have suggests there is no creator. all the creators created by religious cults have been proven false and there is not one teensy shred of evidence to suggest any god, gods or goddesses ever existed...

your cult lied to you...again...

Level 1

Location hidden

#102331 Oct 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I have evidence that my belief has evidence that shows it is possible. Still, I have no major disagreements with you if you believe that life evolved once that single cell existed.
I can assure you that those are not RR's beliefs.
Then you'd assuredly be wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 min Grace Nerissa 35,957
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 5 min CJ Rocker 6,530
OMG! Just look at this! 17 min Grace Nerissa 35
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 32 min Silly times 77,234
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 36 min Silly times 8,952
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 40 min Silly times 1,265
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 46 min wichita-rick 145,087
What's your tip for the day? 1 hr wichita-rick 793
Texas Governor Rick Perry Indicted 3 hr Bill 221
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 hr -Lea- 18,456