Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
96,721 - 96,740 of 115,249 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#102272 Oct 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Garbage. We use those lines that you and others say, do not exist, to locate the time and distances of real places. Nuts.
Still imaginary lines, it really does not matter how hard you stamp your foot.

All you need to do is go out and photograph one to prove me wrong but guess what, you can’t, you lose

Level 6

#102273 Oct 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> No one can, except the creator. That is where science, got its limits or boundaries.
Nope, that’s where YOU got your limits and boundaries.

But of course science has limits

Science does not make moral judgements – godbots do

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102274 Oct 21, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Still imaginary lines, it really does not matter how hard you stamp your foot.
All you need to do is go out and photograph one to prove me wrong but guess what, you can’t, you lose
Here you go:

http://www.google.com/imgres...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102275 Oct 21, 2013
Please note, those are lines of latitude and longitude. Amazing how they engraved themselves into metal ;)

Level 6

#102276 Oct 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, the bible mentioned many gods and goddesses, but specifically warned against serving those gods. Do you normally think with your brains closed?
Ahh I see you have read it at last, or at least part of it, thank you for being so honest, in the past you have actually denied this

And just about every other religion warns about worshipping any other god or group of gods, why should yours be so different? Oh I get it, it’s because it’s the one you believe in – right?

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102277 Oct 21, 2013
That was a terrible attempt at a a smiley. Let's try again:

;^)

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#102278 Oct 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm no it is you that seem to keep skipping over the fact that the only life we know of, have seen, have tested, have observed, have studied is ONLY here on earth.
At only .0000000000000000001% of the universe you have a long way to go to prove other life and to disprove God huh. LOL
I fail to see what one has to do with the other. Please explain.

Level 6

#102279 Oct 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Hindus or not, the truth always prevails.
Well apart from the fact that you lied (probably down to ignorance but still no excuse) and apart from the fact that 2/3rds of the world’s population definitely do not believe in your god (and a goodly number of those that claim abrahamic faith too). There is also the fact that you would not know the meaning of “truth” if it sat on your face and farted.

Here let me help you.

Truth
a verified or indisputable fact, proposition, principle, or the like
the true or actual state of a matter
actuality or actual existence.
the state or character of being true.

See, it has nothing to do with what you believe to be truth but what is ACTUALLY true

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102280 Oct 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
OK simpleton. We have life on earth. Here is your chance to shine. Name me another place in our universe that has/supports life? This should be easy for you.
Two different arguments. If you look in a mirror, you have proof that life exists. So, if it exists here, it may be possible that life exists elsewhere. You have no comparable evidence for a god. One may or may not exist but there is no evidence of he/she/it.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102281 Oct 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So is WIKI a scientific site?
Wiki is a summary site. I though everyone was aware of that.(Apparently not.) Ever notice the extensive links at the bottom of the pages.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102282 Oct 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like talkorigins? I know, so don't link to BS sites like that.
Damn right! We sure wouldn't want actual science to enter the picture. Hell no!

Level 6

#102283 Oct 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go:
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Ahh, America

Level 6

#102284 Oct 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
That was a terrible attempt at a a smiley. Let's try again:
;^)
I understand –

;-)

Topix is not so good at this, try putting a nose in too

LOL

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102285 Oct 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm no it is you that seem to keep skipping over the fact that the only life we know of, have seen, have tested, have observed, have studied is ONLY here on earth.
At only .0000000000000000001% of the universe you have a long way to go to prove other life and to disprove God huh. LOL
Until you show facts and/or evidence to back your claims this is all you will get from me for you show you are empty when it comes to facts and evidence on what you talk about and call facts.
Asked and answered.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102286 Oct 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me that they are a scientific, peer reviewed site.
It's references are peer reviewed. Duh.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102287 Oct 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The article you linked wasn't a scientific site, it was Wikipedia.
According to you, it means nothing.
And this is a scientific site??? Get a grip!

http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scien...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#102288 Oct 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I did say the earth has the potential to globally flood itself. I never specified the when. I did list possibilities under theoretical situations. Please understand that difference.
Have you read any theories for the earth being covered in water after it's first long rain after the age of volcanism that let lose their gasses that became the first clouds? Scientists guess for millions of years the earth was covered in h20 where bacteria first took birth. As plate tectonics began to happen forcing what would become the first mountainous ranges on earth to appear above this water and form land while the evolution of sea life took place, do you know we have no present evidence of this global wide covering of water? No sediment, no fossil layer, no nothing. But scientists are firmly in the belief it happened as they theorize.
There was a discovery made that conflicts with the idea the entire Earth was covered by water at any given point in time.
That idea was shattered with the discovery of the foundations of the first continent precedes the ocean.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#102289 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, we are running the world our way and then curse God because he won't intervene to stop the misery we cause. It's actually very childlike.
Not having a shred of evidence, you bank with fiat currency that this world needed your rendition of god to assemble and spring forth life. Superstitious stories don't come true from repeating them over and over endlessly.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102290 Oct 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Your whole argument goes back to plants without sun!! How did they survive?
It is a evolutionist BS, ill thought out question. Plants and life live without sun all the time. Science can show you that and if nothing else just go look under your house where the sun never shines and see if there is life and things growing under there.
AS I have pointed out in the past, while the sun and the planet formed more or less at the same time, when the sun became a main-sequence star, the earth was still gaining mass and was far to hot to support plant life.

Plants life did not precede the sun.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102291 Oct 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
One other item that escapes you. Most scientific theories are based on circumstantial evidence, not facts. I know you didn't know that but now you do. If you need examples to upgrade your knowledge let me know. I'll start you off with the big bang theory that isn't based on facts but circumstantial evidence. We can progress to the theory not based on facts called dark matter. After that we can go to organic life theorized on no facts as beginning from non-organic life.
Huh? Red-shift, expansion of the universe and the cosmic microwave background are not facts? Imagine my surprise.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 4 min Parden Pard 6,837
Big dawg 4 min Princess Hey 410
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 5 min ms_Sweeter 145,282
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 7 min Nobody 2 Special 18,598
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 9 min A TROLL NAMED SLACK 35,995
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 9 min honeymylove 137,497
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 11 min Parden Pard 3,192
Fergson Police Dept. 17 min Parden Pard 405
What's your tip for the day? 53 min Old Sam 814
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 1 hr Adrian DeVine 28,511
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••