Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#102280 Oct 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
OK simpleton. We have life on earth. Here is your chance to shine. Name me another place in our universe that has/supports life? This should be easy for you.
Two different arguments. If you look in a mirror, you have proof that life exists. So, if it exists here, it may be possible that life exists elsewhere. You have no comparable evidence for a god. One may or may not exist but there is no evidence of he/she/it.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102281 Oct 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So is WIKI a scientific site?
Wiki is a summary site. I though everyone was aware of that.(Apparently not.) Ever notice the extensive links at the bottom of the pages.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102282 Oct 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Like talkorigins? I know, so don't link to BS sites like that.
Damn right! We sure wouldn't want actual science to enter the picture. Hell no!

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#102283 Oct 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go:
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Ahh, America

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#102284 Oct 21, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
That was a terrible attempt at a a smiley. Let's try again:
;^)
I understand

;-)

Topix is not so good at this, try putting a nose in too

LOL

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102285 Oct 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm no it is you that seem to keep skipping over the fact that the only life we know of, have seen, have tested, have observed, have studied is ONLY here on earth.
At only .0000000000000000001% of the universe you have a long way to go to prove other life and to disprove God huh. LOL
Until you show facts and/or evidence to back your claims this is all you will get from me for you show you are empty when it comes to facts and evidence on what you talk about and call facts.
Asked and answered.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102286 Oct 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me that they are a scientific, peer reviewed site.
It's references are peer reviewed. Duh.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102287 Oct 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The article you linked wasn't a scientific site, it was Wikipedia.
According to you, it means nothing.
And this is a scientific site??? Get a grip!

http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scien...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#102288 Oct 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I did say the earth has the potential to globally flood itself. I never specified the when. I did list possibilities under theoretical situations. Please understand that difference.
Have you read any theories for the earth being covered in water after it's first long rain after the age of volcanism that let lose their gasses that became the first clouds? Scientists guess for millions of years the earth was covered in h20 where bacteria first took birth. As plate tectonics began to happen forcing what would become the first mountainous ranges on earth to appear above this water and form land while the evolution of sea life took place, do you know we have no present evidence of this global wide covering of water? No sediment, no fossil layer, no nothing. But scientists are firmly in the belief it happened as they theorize.
There was a discovery made that conflicts with the idea the entire Earth was covered by water at any given point in time.
That idea was shattered with the discovery of the foundations of the first continent precedes the ocean.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#102289 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, we are running the world our way and then curse God because he won't intervene to stop the misery we cause. It's actually very childlike.
Not having a shred of evidence, you bank with fiat currency that this world needed your rendition of god to assemble and spring forth life. Superstitious stories don't come true from repeating them over and over endlessly.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102290 Oct 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Your whole argument goes back to plants without sun!! How did they survive?
It is a evolutionist BS, ill thought out question. Plants and life live without sun all the time. Science can show you that and if nothing else just go look under your house where the sun never shines and see if there is life and things growing under there.
AS I have pointed out in the past, while the sun and the planet formed more or less at the same time, when the sun became a main-sequence star, the earth was still gaining mass and was far to hot to support plant life.

Plants life did not precede the sun.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102291 Oct 21, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
One other item that escapes you. Most scientific theories are based on circumstantial evidence, not facts. I know you didn't know that but now you do. If you need examples to upgrade your knowledge let me know. I'll start you off with the big bang theory that isn't based on facts but circumstantial evidence. We can progress to the theory not based on facts called dark matter. After that we can go to organic life theorized on no facts as beginning from non-organic life.
Huh? Red-shift, expansion of the universe and the cosmic microwave background are not facts? Imagine my surprise.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102292 Oct 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, that's the going atheist fad.
I imagine Dr. Francis Collins is going to be quite upset to find out he is an atheist.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102293 Oct 21, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, right.
Your use of 'creatard' isn't correct terminology, either.
I ignore it because I'm not a pedant like you. I know what you mean.
You know what a person means when they say 'prove it'. Because you can't prove it, you stick to your pedantry.
<quoted text>
Lol
There is no evidence of the common ancestor to all life on earth.
There is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_ancestor#...

And...
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2010/...

“River of tears flowing out of ”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

West Plains

#102294 Oct 21, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right. Oh wait you said "That is an organic chemical that would at least indicate the possibility of other building blocks of our kind of life. However, it doesn't have to be carbon based."
"the possibility of other building blocks of our kind of life"
LMAO go to bed.
I was careful about what I wrote in response to you because I know you like to latch onto some minutia to attack, but I see that you are right. My statement could be misconstrued to mean that I consider propylene to be a building block of life. I don't by the way.

Now that is how an adult admits their mistakes. I don't expect to see you admit yours. Just in case I will keep my eye out for that evidence to support your claims.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#102295 Oct 21, 2013
priest wrote:
<quoted text>The word is moot, dumbass.
I thought it was "moo".

;-)

Level 9

West Plains

#102296 Oct 21, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was "moo".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YIkJ4BUChxIXX
;-)
I thought that was just how they said it in Jersey.

Level 9

West Plains

#102297 Oct 21, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought it was "moo".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =YIkJ4BUChxIXX
;-)
Again, out of props, but I wish I could give this 2 or 3. Unfortunately, I don't have any so the point is moo.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#102298 Oct 21, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>You have not answered the question posted to you.
You didn't understand the answer.
You asked, "Can science create a natural human brain?"

I responded, "Science describes by observation and testing, it creates understanding."

"Science" does not create brains, gall bladders, computers or yo-yos. It describes. Your question is fallacious.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102299 Oct 21, 2013
bohart wrote:
The Miracle of Life:
from the Emmy award winning PBS nova broadcast.
Four and a half billion years ago, the young planet Earth was a mass of cosmic dust and particles. It was almost completely engulfed by the shallow primordial seas. Powerful winds gathered random molecules from the atmosphere .Some were deposited in the seas. Tides and currents swept the molecules together. And somewhere in this ancient ocean the miracle of life began....
The real miracle is how someone can claim this nonsense is scientific!
Here in all it's glory is the real creation myth!Hell! it even claims it was a miracle! can't get more religious than that.
Aura, here's your creation myth! ha,ha,ha.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 4 min AmyFaith 3,950
Happy Halloween 13 min AmyFaith 10
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 18 min bambi 22,530
Has anyone tried magic jack? (Dec '07) 20 min dragoon70056 80
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 26 min Tom2Tone 149,557
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 31 min ZkyClank 7,028
Lets Discuss Men (Dec '13) 32 min dragoon70056 173
Goats Milk with Princess (Jan '10) 52 min okimar 46,076
True or False Game 2 hr DILF 621

Weird People Search