Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102194 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are referring "alibi to reason of why" it is circumstantial. If you were at Barbs Saturday and had dinner, left your finger print on a glass while helping her wash dishes. But while washing dishes she cut her finger so you grabbed her finger to put pressure to slow the bleeding and got some blood on your shirt. If she was found murdered the next day that may or may not convict you of murder. That depends on what the jury swallows from the PA(prosecuting attorney) and the DA(defending attorney).
You went home is your alibi and you had no reason to do it. Yet you look guilty as can be.
The point is that circumstantial evidence can be very very strong evidence. How often have you heard of murder cases that hinged upon fingerprints found on guns and ammo?

Disrespecting evidence simply because it is circumstantial is foolish.

“A Idiot Thinks Im Savoir Faire”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Paranoid That I Am Everywhere

#102195 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I have evidence that my belief has evidence that shows it is possible. Still, I have no major disagreements with you if you believe that life evolved once that single cell existed.
I can assure you that those are not RR's beliefs.
Show me testable, proven, observed evidence of abiogenesis, life form non life spontaneously happening. I don't want guesses, thoughts, could be's or would be's. Show me real evidence.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102196 Oct 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually all the evidence of my assertion is real. There is zero chance of dead tissue coming back to life after tissue degeneration has taken place. But this window can be as little as 45 minutes or extended in very cool conditions. It has been found clinically dead can be revived , but the brain degenerates very quickly , if the victim cannot be revived in this window, degeneration makes it impossible.
But on the other side we know the chemicals and compounds can assemble into living organisms, life itself is testament of that.
The key to building life has been discovered, and even some of the process, but this knowledge isn't quite detailed enough to reproduce what happen. But this will be solved soon, and you will with your jaw blabbing denial and religious belief left in the utter stupidity, that you repeat mindlessly like the thrall of the imaginary god you worshiper you are.
Total lie! " we know that chemicals and compounds can assemble into living organisms?" life is testament to that! you are a nut! there's ZERO evidence for that! You are bathed in denial, and will tell any lie to defend your faith.

You have surpassed the idiot sucking bone for lies and stupidity,...so the key to building life has been discovered eh? What a fool! perhaps you should let the rest of the world in on your secret , you are the only one who knows it.

you worshiper you are?

in your frenzy to defend the faith you are losing coherence
RepentYouSinners

Plymouth, MA

#102197 Oct 20, 2013
"Do You Hate Obama?"
OnePoliticalPlaza.com
Find out what the republicans don't want you to know. Read this now.

Level 5

#102198 Oct 20, 2013
I am going to repost this:

Letís do a little comparison.

The bible says God created life.
Science says life created itself.

The bible says we all descend from 8 people.
Science says we all come from common ancestors and at one point, from the same organism.

The bible says the earth, sun and moon were created at/around the same time.
Science says the earth and moon are 4.5 billion years old and the sun is 4.6 billion years old. Pretty much around the same time given that much time.

There is sort of a trend/similarity there, just different beliefs.

“A have offended, Brickie, Dark”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Blue, Suncore, Replay whoever

#102199 Oct 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. An existing 'fact' can be included among other pieces of unproven facts linked together when one is trying to prove a case based on circumstantial evidence because not enough actual facts exist. Like with the big bang theory. Like with the theory of dark matter etc.
Not really addressing my last question, but I didn't really expect it to be addressed directly either. I guess yours must be a circumstantial answer.
RepentYouSinners

Plymouth, MA

#102200 Oct 20, 2013
Cat caught smuggling marijuana into prison
Full story: KBCI CBS 2
A cat has been busted for smuggling pot into a prison in Moldova. Guards became suspicious about the feline, which routinely entered and left the prison through a hole in a fence, when they noticed its odd collar.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102201 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron, try again.
Clearly you do not understand abiogenesis. Clearly you do not understand evolution. In fact you do not even understand what spontaneous generation is or isn't.
Try to ask a proper question idiot and you will get a proper answer. If you keep on asking questions like an idiot I will simply point out that you are being an idiot.
Like I expected no answer at all clearly you can't even defend your OWN words, such is the quandary of the illogical foolishness you have encased yourself in You just use your puddle gooiest defense mechanisms. What a child you are! I'm not going to answer,..na,na,na,na.
RepentYouSinners

Plymouth, MA

#102202 Oct 20, 2013
Time To Move ON From This Tread.

It is all conjecture which can be argued all day 24/7.

Level 5

#102203 Oct 20, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You may want to reread my response. I didn't say anything about propylene being a constituent of life or not. You jumped to a conclusion. I said it was an organic chemical that at least indicated the possibility of existence of the building blocks for our kind of life.
I was just stating that propylene is not necessary for life.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102204 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>unless you believe life always existed in our universe, it had to come from non-living matter at one point...
logic is fun!
The difference in us is I believe a being called God created life, you believe life created itself.

...and you believe that's logical? since there's zero evidence of that it's a belief. Hey! your religion is fun.

Level 5

#102205 Oct 20, 2013
RepentYouSinners wrote:
Time To Move ON From This Tread.
It is all conjecture which can be argued all day 24/7.
But yet you are here. Your point is mute.
Anonymous

West Jefferson, NC

#102206 Oct 20, 2013
lets be friends! Evolution is real! Did we all not evolve from babies? Growing is evolution. Where did we come from? Who knows? Amoebas,Fish,Dirt,Apes,or some spirit? We are here lets be friends and be happy and one another! You believe in some person that has no evidence of being here and you (we) have a lot of evidence of us being here. So science (truth) and Creationism,lets get along. We believe what we believe, GOD would want us to love each other. My GOD does, My God does not judge nor allows his followers to be an ass or press his love or belief on others.If the person you think of as GOD does then you are wrong. Evolution is real!Evolve to LOVE one another!

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Iquique

#102207 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe God created life and has let life evolve. What more do you fill the need to know?
So you are a Deist?

How long ago do you think god did this?

Do you think this god is still around and guiding humans in some way, like he supposedly did with the Hebrews??

Level 5

#102208 Oct 20, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a Deist?
Do you think this god is still around and guiding humans in some way, like he supposedly did with the Hebrews??
What are your beliefs?

Level 2

Location hidden

#102209 Oct 20, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you have. You claimed life ALWAYS comes from life. Evidence indicates otherwise. Your own religion claims otherwise. Twice. Since remember that God did NOT come from another life-form either, being immortal and eternal and all that.
Again, your hypocrisy is noted.
<quoted text>
Scientific fact demonstrates that non-living compounds are converted into life. And this happens on an every-day basis all over the entire planet.
In a sense some dead things can come back to life. For instance the components that make up your body may be reincarnated into a worm after you die.
If you wish to avoid that (and avoid living again) I would suggest cremation.(shrug)
Here we go again with the magnificently stupid Dud!
Give me one example science has of life coming from a source other than existing life? We'll wait..........

and you still spout the same old lies about non living compounds being converted into life...Hey Fool! what is converting those compounds?.....that's right,..living beings. Not goo magic!

Keep up the lying, it's all you have.

Level 5

#102210 Oct 20, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a Deist?
God may have guided us some but since has left us to our own demise, which we are heading to rather quickly anymore.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102211 Oct 20, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh man, gotta love the irony!
But Bo, you claim to know the mind of God all the time. You claim that God never did abiogenesis.
Stop telling God what to do.
Again with the lies, isn't abiogenesis man's theory of how life self assembled on it's own? uh yeah it is.

So your either lying, or you just don't know what the hell your talking about,..Oh! it's both. Go lay down

Level 9

Iquique

#102212 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your beliefs?
I asked you first.:-)

I'm a godless heathen.

Level 9

Iquique

#102213 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
God may have guided us some but since has left us to our own demise, which we are heading to rather quickly anymore.
So you are basically a Deist.

I am open to the possibility of a Deist god....starting stuff some billions of years ago and then floating off to 'somewhere' else.

This of course gets rid of the personnel god that fundamentalist believe in and shows the Bible for what it really is...a book of myths

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 8 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 36,613
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 8 min -Lea- 6,393
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 9 min -Lea- 21,336
10,000th Post WINS 4.0 (Apr '12) 12 min Nobody 2 Special 4,993
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 14 min Mechanic 3,744
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 20 min Mechanic 3,462
Help! 22 min dragoon70056 7
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 24 min Princess Hey 147,655
Who do you trust on offbeat ? (Sep '12) 1 hr DILF 220
To Eat This 8K-Calorie Breakfast, Sign a Waiver 2 hr Spotted Girl 4