Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 199398 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Evolution is true.....

#102207 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe God created life and has let life evolve. What more do you fill the need to know?
So you are a Deist?

How long ago do you think god did this?

Do you think this god is still around and guiding humans in some way, like he supposedly did with the Hebrews??

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#102208 Oct 20, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a Deist?
Do you think this god is still around and guiding humans in some way, like he supposedly did with the Hebrews??
What are your beliefs?

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102209 Oct 20, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you have. You claimed life ALWAYS comes from life. Evidence indicates otherwise. Your own religion claims otherwise. Twice. Since remember that God did NOT come from another life-form either, being immortal and eternal and all that.
Again, your hypocrisy is noted.
<quoted text>
Scientific fact demonstrates that non-living compounds are converted into life. And this happens on an every-day basis all over the entire planet.
In a sense some dead things can come back to life. For instance the components that make up your body may be reincarnated into a worm after you die.
If you wish to avoid that (and avoid living again) I would suggest cremation.(shrug)
Here we go again with the magnificently stupid Dud!
Give me one example science has of life coming from a source other than existing life? We'll wait..........

and you still spout the same old lies about non living compounds being converted into life...Hey Fool! what is converting those compounds?.....that's right,..living beings. Not goo magic!

Keep up the lying, it's all you have.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#102210 Oct 20, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are a Deist?
God may have guided us some but since has left us to our own demise, which we are heading to rather quickly anymore.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102211 Oct 20, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh man, gotta love the irony!
But Bo, you claim to know the mind of God all the time. You claim that God never did abiogenesis.
Stop telling God what to do.
Again with the lies, isn't abiogenesis man's theory of how life self assembled on it's own? uh yeah it is.

So your either lying, or you just don't know what the hell your talking about,..Oh! it's both. Go lay down

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#102212 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your beliefs?
I asked you first.:-)

I'm a godless heathen.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#102213 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
God may have guided us some but since has left us to our own demise, which we are heading to rather quickly anymore.
So you are basically a Deist.

I am open to the possibility of a Deist god....starting stuff some billions of years ago and then floating off to 'somewhere' else.

This of course gets rid of the personnel god that fundamentalist believe in and shows the Bible for what it really is...a book of myths

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#102214 Oct 20, 2013
Silly concept that 'personal' god, which I obviously misspelled in the above post....my bad.

Level 9

Evolution is true.....

#102215 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think we are heading to our quick demise??

Do you get this from the Bible??

Level 2

Location hidden

#102216 Oct 20, 2013
The Miracle of Life:

from the Emmy award winning PBS nova broadcast.

Four and a half billion years ago, the young planet Earth was a mass of cosmic dust and particles. It was almost completely engulfed by the shallow primordial seas. Powerful winds gathered random molecules from the atmosphere .Some were deposited in the seas. Tides and currents swept the molecules together. And somewhere in this ancient ocean the miracle of life began....

The real miracle is how someone can claim this nonsense is scientific!

Here in all it's glory is the real creation myth!Hell! it even claims it was a miracle! can't get more religious than that.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102217 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed, we are running the world our way and then curse God because he won't intervene to stop the misery we cause. It's actually very childlike.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#102218 Oct 20, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope I get this from life. Too much of the world worships power and money. They will kill, steal, lie, cheat, destroy etc for them. Man cares more about what he can get even if it is more than he will ever need. Our world is being destroyed along with people but as long as a bank account can be padded it is ok.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#102219 Oct 20, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
Silly concept that 'personal' god, which I obviously misspelled in the above post....my bad.
I don't knock mis-spelling unless it is done to me. We all do it.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#102220 Oct 20, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Two of my favorite videos that speak lots of truth,,, in my opinion.

The Most Honest Three Minutes In Television History

If I Were the Devil - by PAUL HARVEY
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Dinosaurs survived the flood!”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Jesus probably rode dinosaurs!

#102221 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What are your beliefs?
You have been on here since May and you have to ask?

Level 9

#102222 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't knock mis-spelling unless it is done to me. We all do it.
You do have a sense of humor. And irony too.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#102223 Oct 20, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You have been on here since May and you have to ask?
Exactly! I have been on here since March actually and have said what I believe many times. So why am I still being asked?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#102224 Oct 20, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You do have a sense of humor. And irony too.
In life we all have to have a sense of humor that is usually coupled with irony. I have not saw anyone here that doesn't.

Level 9

#102225 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I was just stating that propylene is not necessary for life.
Then you probably should have just stated that because what you posted indicates something other than that.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Our kind of life? How much propylene do you naturally have in you to sustain being alive?
This still indicates that you jumped to a conclusion not based on the evidence of my post. I understand you find it difficult to admit a mistake especially to me, but it is no weakness to do so. All of us have to at some point if we are the rational people we claim to be. Keep in mind that I agree with you in general on propylene.

Level 9

#102226 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! I have been on here since March actually and have said what I believe many times. So why am I still being asked?
Really? March? I would love to see the posts that show that, but I guess they were removed by Topix.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 16 min eleanorigby 56,847
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 24 min Dont_You_Dare 13,095
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 26 min Red_Forman 145,456
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 26 min Dont_You_Dare 7,675
Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 27 min Support Ukraine 4
Add a Word remove a Word (Oct '13) 29 min Dont_You_Dare 3,485
2words into 2new words (May '12) 31 min whatimeisit 2,286
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 48 min Northbound 192,900
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) 5 hr Mega Monster 7,259
More from around the web