Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 164818 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#102185 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit acting like a moron, you know better, I know better. Are you ashamed of your beliefs?
Lets make it fair and on the level. I believe God created life and life has since evolved without interference. Your turn. What are your beliefs? To get you have to give.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102186 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You always pull this same crap. You want to know something ask. What more do you feel you need to know? What are your beliefs?
That is because you always do the same crap. Giving a partial answer is not an answer no matter how many times that you have given it. In other words you are a lying creep who is afraid to state what you want to believe because in your heart of hearts you know that you are wrong.

I have asked many times and you never have admitted your beliefs. I have been clear on mine and will continue to be so. I see no need for the hand of a magical being to start life. The evidence is stronger every year that life started naturally.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102187 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets make it fair and on the level. I believe God created life and life has since evolved without interference. Your turn. What are your beliefs? To get you have to give.
I will answer this again. Your answer is incomplete.

I will still answer your question, I believe life started naturally and did not need the hand of god for it to form or for it to evolve.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#102188 Oct 20, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I definetly need examples to upgrade my knowledge. I anxiously await what can only be pearls of wisdom and knowledge from you.
Isn't circumstantial evidence also known as facts? You better get back to me on that one as well.
Yes. An existing 'fact' can be included among other pieces of unproven facts linked together when one is trying to prove a case based on circumstantial evidence because not enough actual facts exist. Like with the big bang theory. Like with the theory of dark matter etc.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102189 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I will answer this again. Your answer is incomplete.
I will still answer your question, I believe life started naturally and did not need the hand of god for it to form or for it to evolve.
And so we agree that life has evolved/changed over time. I believe God started life you believe life started itself <<<< neither to this date of how life came to be can be proven or dis-proven. Both rely solely upon what a person believes.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102190 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Circumstantial evidence can be extremely important in criminal cases. For example the fingerprint of a suspect at the scene of the crime is circumstantial evidence. Direct evidence is of the sort of video tape of the incident itself, or a witness testifying that he saw the crime take place and who did it. One piece of circumstantial evidence alone is not enough, but many pieces of circumstantial evidence can easily win a case. Blood on a shirt is circumstantial evidence. A DNA test that shows it was the victims blood is even more circumstantial evidence.
If you had the defendants fingerprints at the scene and the victims blood on the defendants shirt do you think that you would need much more circumstantial evidence for a murder conviction, if the defendant did not have a good alibi?
If you are referring "alibi to reason of why" it is circumstantial. If you were at Barbs Saturday and had dinner, left your finger print on a glass while helping her wash dishes. But while washing dishes she cut her finger so you grabbed her finger to put pressure to slow the bleeding and got some blood on your shirt. If she was found murdered the next day that may or may not convict you of murder. That depends on what the jury swallows from the PA(prosecuting attorney) and the DA(defending attorney).
You went home is your alibi and you had no reason to do it. Yet you look guilty as can be.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#102191 Oct 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It is what we were talking about, though you may not have said it, you were searching for a way it could be possible.
http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
"I said the earth has the potential to globally flood itself."
We told you that is just not so. If you follow the science behind your link saying there could be vast amounts of water under and the mantle. You may as well say " The sun has vast amounts of molecular water in it.".
I did say the earth has the potential to globally flood itself. I never specified the when. I did list possibilities under theoretical situations. Please understand that difference.

Have you read any theories for the earth being covered in water after it's first long rain after the age of volcanism that let lose their gasses that became the first clouds? Scientists guess for millions of years the earth was covered in h20 where bacteria first took birth. As plate tectonics began to happen forcing what would become the first mountainous ranges on earth to appear above this water and form land while the evolution of sea life took place, do you know we have no present evidence of this global wide covering of water? No sediment, no fossil layer, no nothing. But scientists are firmly in the belief it happened as they theorize.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102192 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And so we agree that life has evolved/changed over time. I believe God started life you believe life started itself <<<< neither to this date of how life came to be can be proven or dis-proven. Both rely solely upon what a person believes.
Except I have evidence that my belief has evidence that shows it is possible. Still, I have no major disagreements with you if you believe that life evolved once that single cell existed.

I can assure you that those are not RR's beliefs.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102193 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, I don't believe you.
I will even ask nicely, could you fill in the details please?
And just so we are clear. It only matters to you if you believe me or not. I know me and what I believe.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102194 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are referring "alibi to reason of why" it is circumstantial. If you were at Barbs Saturday and had dinner, left your finger print on a glass while helping her wash dishes. But while washing dishes she cut her finger so you grabbed her finger to put pressure to slow the bleeding and got some blood on your shirt. If she was found murdered the next day that may or may not convict you of murder. That depends on what the jury swallows from the PA(prosecuting attorney) and the DA(defending attorney).
You went home is your alibi and you had no reason to do it. Yet you look guilty as can be.
The point is that circumstantial evidence can be very very strong evidence. How often have you heard of murder cases that hinged upon fingerprints found on guns and ammo?

Disrespecting evidence simply because it is circumstantial is foolish.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102195 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Except I have evidence that my belief has evidence that shows it is possible. Still, I have no major disagreements with you if you believe that life evolved once that single cell existed.
I can assure you that those are not RR's beliefs.
Show me testable, proven, observed evidence of abiogenesis, life form non life spontaneously happening. I don't want guesses, thoughts, could be's or would be's. Show me real evidence.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#102196 Oct 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually all the evidence of my assertion is real. There is zero chance of dead tissue coming back to life after tissue degeneration has taken place. But this window can be as little as 45 minutes or extended in very cool conditions. It has been found clinically dead can be revived , but the brain degenerates very quickly , if the victim cannot be revived in this window, degeneration makes it impossible.
But on the other side we know the chemicals and compounds can assemble into living organisms, life itself is testament of that.
The key to building life has been discovered, and even some of the process, but this knowledge isn't quite detailed enough to reproduce what happen. But this will be solved soon, and you will with your jaw blabbing denial and religious belief left in the utter stupidity, that you repeat mindlessly like the thrall of the imaginary god you worshiper you are.
Total lie! " we know that chemicals and compounds can assemble into living organisms?" life is testament to that! you are a nut! there's ZERO evidence for that! You are bathed in denial, and will tell any lie to defend your faith.

You have surpassed the idiot sucking bone for lies and stupidity,...so the key to building life has been discovered eh? What a fool! perhaps you should let the rest of the world in on your secret , you are the only one who knows it.

you worshiper you are?

in your frenzy to defend the faith you are losing coherence
RepentYouSinners

Plymouth, MA

#102197 Oct 20, 2013
"Do You Hate Obama?"
OnePoliticalPlaza.com
Find out what the republicans don't want you to know. Read this now.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102198 Oct 20, 2013
I am going to repost this:

Letís do a little comparison.

The bible says God created life.
Science says life created itself.

The bible says we all descend from 8 people.
Science says we all come from common ancestors and at one point, from the same organism.

The bible says the earth, sun and moon were created at/around the same time.
Science says the earth and moon are 4.5 billion years old and the sun is 4.6 billion years old. Pretty much around the same time given that much time.

There is sort of a trend/similarity there, just different beliefs.

“Don't be mad at me.”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

I'm just a little bunny.

#102199 Oct 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. An existing 'fact' can be included among other pieces of unproven facts linked together when one is trying to prove a case based on circumstantial evidence because not enough actual facts exist. Like with the big bang theory. Like with the theory of dark matter etc.
Not really addressing my last question, but I didn't really expect it to be addressed directly either. I guess yours must be a circumstantial answer.
RepentYouSinners

Plymouth, MA

#102200 Oct 20, 2013
Cat caught smuggling marijuana into prison
Full story: KBCI CBS 2
A cat has been busted for smuggling pot into a prison in Moldova. Guards became suspicious about the feline, which routinely entered and left the prison through a hole in a fence, when they noticed its odd collar.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102201 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron, try again.
Clearly you do not understand abiogenesis. Clearly you do not understand evolution. In fact you do not even understand what spontaneous generation is or isn't.
Try to ask a proper question idiot and you will get a proper answer. If you keep on asking questions like an idiot I will simply point out that you are being an idiot.
Like I expected no answer at all clearly you can't even defend your OWN words, such is the quandary of the illogical foolishness you have encased yourself in You just use your puddle gooiest defense mechanisms. What a child you are! I'm not going to answer,..na,na,na,na.
RepentYouSinners

Plymouth, MA

#102202 Oct 20, 2013
Time To Move ON From This Tread.

It is all conjecture which can be argued all day 24/7.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#102203 Oct 20, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>You may want to reread my response. I didn't say anything about propylene being a constituent of life or not. You jumped to a conclusion. I said it was an organic chemical that at least indicated the possibility of existence of the building blocks for our kind of life.
I was just stating that propylene is not necessary for life.

Level 2

Location hidden

#102204 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>unless you believe life always existed in our universe, it had to come from non-living matter at one point...
logic is fun!
The difference in us is I believe a being called God created life, you believe life created itself.

...and you believe that's logical? since there's zero evidence of that it's a belief. Hey! your religion is fun.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 9 min Lumatrix 1,884
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 11 min Lumatrix 5,808
What's your tip for the day? (Jul '14) 17 min greymouser 2,032
News Must See: Couple finds snake in spice cabinet, ... 52 min wichita-rick 2
News Long Island burglar's red underwear leads to po... 1 hr wichita-rick 5
News Charges: St. Paul Teacher Touched Student Inapp... 1 hr space ace 9
3 Word Sentence (each word, one syllable only) 1 hr andet1987 403
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 163,282
News 'John Wayne Day' in Texas Honors Actor's 108th ... 2 hr greymouser 117
What Could Be Hot? 2 hr Princess Hey 230