Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#102140 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
There are some atheists that believe in ghosts, karma etc. There is no evidence for them so you may be rightly using the word "ahtitards" for once. There is evidence for "aliens". Not aliens form other planets coming to Earth. But since chemistry is chemistry the odds are on the order of 1 that there is life elsewhere in the universe.
Subduction Zone wrote:
There is evidence for "aliens".
HA HA HA!!!!

Is that like the invisible, nonexistent evidence of the mysterious common ancestor?

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102141 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree but to say we have evidence that there is, is plainly over stating it.
I totally agree.
Subduction Zone wrote:
There is evidence for "aliens".
Did you catch that shit?!

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102142 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're talking about Gliese, "Planet G" from the movie Battleship ) awesome movie ).
You say it had life. You say that's a 100% certainty.
This wiki disagrees with you.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gliese_581_g
"Gliese 581 is an unconfirmed extrasolar planet claimed to orbit the red dwarf star Gliese 581."
"However, the ESO/HARPS survey team was not able to confirm that the planet exists."
"it could sustain liquid water on its surface and could potentially host life similar to that on Earth."
---
Huh....
It's existence isn't even confirmed but you say it's a 100% certainty that it has life...
O__O
Nope, wrong planet, try again.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102143 Oct 20, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>The universality of DNA and RNA. The nested hierarchy of living organisms. The divergence of the fossil record going forward and the convergence seen going backward. The conserved nature and existence in diverse lineages of homeotic genes. A molecular clock that provides a timeline for evolution. Homology of structures, proteins, and genes among a varied set of organism found over the whole planet. Geological evidence showing the action of deep time in layer upon layer of rock strata. Physics putting a date on the geological evidence with radiometric dating. The existence of fossils in rocks at one age preceded by no evidence of life in older strata seen by geology and paleontology. When the evidence supporting evolution is said to be large, it is not hyperbole.
You don't have to see a killing or the sun to conclude either when you have all the evidence telling you it is there.
Circumstantial evidence isn't real evidence.

Care to try again? I mean something other than "It HAS to be real!"

“Lets all play DantheDipshyts”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

game.of annoyance. It's fun.

#102144 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor do you. Your list missed the most important description of how a bicycle works.
Never claimed I know exactly how a bicycle works. That was tick. Science does not exactly know and I am sure I don't exactly know. So what was your point?

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102145 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it is. A "ceratard" is a creationist that ignores science. Almost all of them do. Now as far as evolution goes, if mean "prove it" in the same sense as proving someone guilty we have no problem doing that. The problem with the word "prove" is that scientists are honest and know that all theories and laws are conditional.
You are a creatard because you cannot support your views with any science at all. In fact all science out there says that you are wrong. To support yourself you have to go to lying websites that use arguments, some of them that have been debunked over 100 years ago.
For the record, I'm not a creationist. So...

And what's up with the evidence of the elusive common ancestor that ToE hinges on?

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#102146 Oct 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
One other item that escapes you. Most scientific theories are based on circumstantial evidence, not facts. I know you didn't know that but now you do. If you need examples to upgrade your knowledge let me know. I'll start you off with the big bang theory that isn't based on facts but circumstantial evidence. We can progress to the theory not based on facts called dark matter. After that we can go to organic life theorized on no facts as beginning from non-organic life.
Oh, I definetly need examples to upgrade my knowledge. I anxiously await what can only be pearls of wisdom and knowledge from you.

Isn't circumstantial evidence also known as facts? You better get back to me on that one as well.

Level 5

#102147 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why is it you still haven't given a better answer than mine as to how a bicycle works?
spankity spank, spank...
I did! Did you miss it? Here I will post it again.

It all starts at conception,,, skip ahead. The child is born,,, skip ahead,,, The child eats and grows,,, skip ahead,,, learns to crawl then walk,,, skip ahead,,, gets a bike for their birthday with training wheels,,, skip ahead,,, eventually the training wheels can be taken off because they learn to get on that bike and just ride it. That is how it works. Hopefully you will loose your training wheels in life soon.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102148 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>again, we know there is life in the universe, we are now looking for more.
That's what you say. I agree with that. There's life on Earth so yes, there's life in the universe.

Ole Subdivision there thinks we've already found life on Gliese.

Even though it's existence isn't even proven....

You're debate is with him, not me.

“The strength of science is”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

founded in facts.

#102149 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
We pretty much know there is no life on the Moon and Mars. It is all but guaranteed there is no life on the Sun, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune for the are gas planets that are either too hot or toxic according to science. That is why mars is such a draw to science, it is a solid planet. That doesn't leave much for the planets we know of huh?
I would agree we haven't found life like our own on either the moon and as yet on Mars.

I thought that there was evidence of haploid life forms found on Uranus.

Level 5

#102150 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I totally agree.
<quoted text>
Did you catch that shit?!
Sure did. But I also saw he never has shown that evidence.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102151 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
HA HA HA!!!!
Is that like the invisible, nonexistent evidence of the mysterious common ancestor?
So you are still set on being a moron.

replaytime occasionally uses his head from more than a place to hang his hat. It would be interesting to see if you could do the same some day.

The evidence for a common ancestor is obvious and has been given to you. Now it is time for you to read and learn. We can talk about evidence for alien life after that.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102152 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what you say. I agree with that. There's life on Earth so yes, there's life in the universe.
Ole Subdivision there thinks we've already found life on Gliese.
Even though it's existence isn't even proven....
You're debate is with him, not me.
Nope, you are still set on being a moron I see. And this is after I corrected you and said it was not the planet the you were talking about.

Here is a hint for you, you know what planet it is too.

Level 5

#102153 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>again, we know there is life in the universe, we are now looking for more.
why is it you cannot come up witha better answer to how a bike works than mine? how long have you had now?
And I will answer again. We know life is on earth, which is in our universe. So what evidence to you have for the 65th time that life other than earth is out there somewhere else?

Will they also have planes, trains and automobiles too since we have them here on earth too.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102154 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Circumstantial evidence isn't real evidence.
Care to try again? I mean something other than "It HAS to be real!"
What the hell?

Moron, you forgot that you do not even know what evidence is yet.

Level 5

#102155 Oct 20, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I would agree we haven't found life like our own on either the moon and as yet on Mars.
I thought that there was evidence of haploid life forms found on Uranus.
We did find Tupperware, well an ingredient in Tupperware "propylene" in the atmosphere of Saturn's moon Titan.

http://www.bing.com/search...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102156 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
For the record, I'm not a creationist. So...
And what's up with the evidence of the elusive common ancestor that ToE hinges on?
Bullshit. If anyone ever was a creatard it was you.

So if you are not a creationist you believe in common descent. I am unaware of any other views. If I am wrong please tell me what your beliefs are.

And please, we know that you are lying. You tried to defend Noah's Ark of all things. The one source that you have linked was a creatard site.

Why do creatards have no shame about lying? This looks like another example of someone lying for Jesus.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102157 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And I will answer again. We know life is on earth, which is in our universe. So what evidence to you have for the 65th time that life other than earth is out there somewhere else?
Will they also have planes, trains and automobiles too since we have them here on earth too.
Idiot, you just conflated life with technology for the 65th time.

Level 5

#102158 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Idiot, you just conflated life with technology for the 65th time.
He brought up the bike thing again you idiot, not I

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#102159 Oct 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
What couldn't have happened as written? What are you speaking of? It isn't what I was speaking about.
It is what we were talking about, though you may not have said it, you were searching for a way it could be possible.

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9Q...

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
"I said the earth has the potential to globally flood itself."

We told you that is just not so. If you follow the science behind your link saying there could be vast amounts of water under and the mantle. You may as well say " The sun has vast amounts of molecular water in it.".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 5 min Parden Pard 7,636
Russian demolition backfires as dynamite disast... 8 min Parden Pard 2
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 21 min ms_Sweeter 152,887
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 27 min Mega Monster 7,818
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 27 min black shuck 463
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 35 min -Lea- 26,022
why does harley lie so much 36 min shes a pig faced cow 0
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 48 min eleanorigby 37,790
Happy New Year 2015 1 hr Spirit67_ 14
Is it possible to....... 3 hr Laughing Out Loud 615