Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 171629 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#102105 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>sure...it would be ridiculous to think we have even made a rudimentary search of even a teensy slice of the universe in the search for more life ...not even a eensy part of a teensy slice with very crude tools...
so now you answer mine...what would a civilization looking at our area of the universe from 200 ly away be able to detect of life with our level of technology?
we know there is life in this universe, we are now looking for more...
But here is another one for you. What makes you think, if there is other life out there, they are limited to our technology?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102106 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
But here is another one for you. What makes you think, if there is other life out there, they are limited to our technology?
It may not be. But then why assume other life would even be what we call "intelligent". Remember though it took only a few hundreds of millions of years for life to first evolve on the Earth it took that live over 3 billion years until any of it could even begin to develop technology.

Life on other planets is all but guaranteed. The ability of that life to develop technology is another matter all together.

We don't even know if what we call intelligence is a long term survival trait yet.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#102107 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
But here is another one for you. What makes you think, if there is other life out there, they are limited to our technology?
why would you assume i would think that? you really are too stupid for this level of conversation...

you cannot even answer your own questions...

you cannot even follow a logical thought process...

you cannot honestly deal with other people's correct responses or facts...

you really need to grow up and get educated before you think you can participate in this level of discourse.

please let me know when you achieve these goals...

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#102108 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you still haven't given a better answer....
seriously with the LMAO? are you a teenager from the last decade?
why is it you cannot do so? i answered you in three seconds from seeing your post. you have had over two weeks and you still have not come up with a better answer to your own question when i have asked you for it many, many times. why is that?
Lets put this simply. For you to see it, click reply, then type your reply was more than 3 seconds. You lie and lie. You are nothing but an exaggerated liar. End of story.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#102109 Oct 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Show the paper. all you can do is entertain stupidity to refute all the evidence that shows it couldn't have happened as written.
You not only have to depart from all known physics, but the human genome that shows it didn't happen , the strata shows it didn't happen. The Animal kingdom shows it didn't happen. The fossil record shows it didn't happen. But you have a so called claim Japanese scientists say it could have happened.
Be my guest and show us where they say it , and provide evidence it is even feasible , for a global flood to cover all of Earth's mountains.
What couldn't have happened as written? What are you speaking of? It isn't what I was speaking about.

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#102110 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why would you assume i would think that? you really are too stupid for this level of conversation...
you cannot even answer your own questions...
you cannot even follow a logical thought process...
you cannot honestly deal with other people's correct responses or facts...
you really need to grow up and get educated before you think you can participate in this level of discourse.
please let me know when you achieve these goals...
Why would I think that?,,,, hmmmm maybe from your stupid question of "what would a civilization looking at our area of the universe from 200 ly away be able to detect of life with our level of technology?"

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#102111 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not pedantic.
It is an extremely important point for science. Science works you hypocritical moron. Science works because of how they treat the idea of evidence.
And sorry moron, the evidence is not elusive.
That is pedantic.

A pedant is a a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning.

You're stuck on 'evidence vs proof'.

So where is this supposed evidence of the elusive common ancestor?

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#102112 Oct 20, 2013
davy wrote:
We share about 98% of our DNA with bonobos and orangutans. Now you post some of the elusive evidence for a talking snake. Or if you prefer, some of your evidence for a talking donkey.
<quoted text>
No, not the common ancestor to humans. The common ancestor of all life. According to ToE, all life came from one life. What is that life? No one can answer that because it's one of ToE's greatest guesses.

Again, what talking snake?

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#102113 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It may not be. But then why assume other life would even be what we call "intelligent". Remember though it took only a few hundreds of millions of years for life to first evolve on the Earth it took that live over 3 billion years until any of it could even begin to develop technology.
Life on other planets is all but guaranteed. The ability of that life to develop technology is another matter all together.
We don't even know if what we call intelligence is a long term survival trait yet.
We pretty much know there is no life on the Moon and Mars. It is all but guaranteed there is no life on the Sun, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune for the are gas planets that are either too hot or toxic according to science. That is why mars is such a draw to science, it is a solid planet. That doesn't leave much for the planets we know of huh?

“What U Don't Know U Fear”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

What U Fear U will Never Know

#102114 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Fine, then it was a later post in which I responded to your question "what makes a site scientific?"
Come on idiot, can't you keep up with what you asked for? You wanted to know why TalkOrigins is a scientific site and I gave you a clear unbiased answer.
It seems that creatards try to keep themselves uneducated.
Oh btw Sub. Just for shyts and grins here is the conversation between you and I.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So is WIKI a scientific site?
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Is talk origins a scientific site?
Your rule means you follow them too. No more Wiki or The TalkOrigins links from you. They will no be invalid unless they are scientific sites.
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
A scientific site is one that bases their articles upon peer reviewed science.
That should be obvious even to you.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You say and I quote "when it comes to debunking creationism my favorite site is Talk Origins"
You also say and again I quote "nonscientific sites are not valid"
So why do you use so many nonscientific sites? From now on I won't waste my time reading them since they are not valid.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me what actual scientific sites do you use. if any.
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a complete idiot!
How could you make such a braindead claim?
TalkOrigins is a scientific site. All of their articles site numerous peer reviewed articles that support their arguments.
That is why they are my favorite site.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me that they are a scientific, peer reviewed site.
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit being an idiot. I did not say that is what determines whether a site is scientific or not. Go back and reread my post.
Then I posted your post back to you when you came back.

At one point you tell me that " A scientific site is one that bases their articles upon peer reviewed science."

I say " Show me that they(TalkOrigins) are a scientific, peer reviewed site.

and then you say "Quit being an idiot. I did not say that is what determines whether a site is scientific or not."

End of story Subwrong.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102115 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That is pedantic.
A pedant is a a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning.
You're stuck on 'evidence vs proof'.
So where is this supposed evidence of the elusive common ancestor?
The fact is that it is not a minor detail and your resistance to using the correct terminology is evidence that I am correct. You know that there is undeniable scientific evidence for evolution and there there is no scientific evidence for your beliefs. Your use of improper language is one of the straws that you are grasping at.

Now before I give you any evidence you have to show that you can learn. If you are going to be a complete idiot the evidence will not do you any good at all. So you have to work for the evidence. I am not going to give it away for free.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#102116 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Remember though it took only a few hundreds of millions of years for life to first evolve on the Earth it took that live over 3 billion years until any of it could even begin to develop technology.
Ya, that's the going atheist fad.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102117 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not the common ancestor to humans. The common ancestor of all life. According to ToE, all life came from one life. What is that life? No one can answer that because it's one of ToE's greatest guesses.
Again, what talking snake?
Now who is being pedantic?

I can show how and why I have not been pedantic. Can you do the same?
buckwheat

Tulsa, OK

#102118 Oct 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.
-Francis Bacon
Something was badly amiss with the spiritual life of the planet...Too many demons inside people claiming to believe in God.
&#8213; Salman Rushdie

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102119 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
We pretty much know there is no life on the Moon and Mars. It is all but guaranteed there is no life on the Sun, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune for the are gas planets that are either too hot or toxic according to science. That is why mars is such a draw to science, it is a solid planet. That doesn't leave much for the planets we know of huh?
replaytime, I hate it when you act like an idiot.

We know of many many more planets than that, don't we?

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#102120 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
We pretty much know there is no life on the Moon and Mars. It is all but guaranteed there is no life on the Sun, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune for the are gas planets that are either too hot or toxic according to science. That is why mars is such a draw to science, it is a solid planet. That doesn't leave much for the planets we know of huh?
You guys are stuck on 'life as we know it'.

There could be life 'as we don't know it' anywhere.

I don't believe there is, but I wouldn't preclude the possibility.

The athitards that don't believe in God still believe in ghosts, aliens, karma and bad luck.
Imagine that.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#102121 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets put this simply. For you to see it, click reply, then type your reply was more than 3 seconds. You lie and lie. You are nothing but an exaggerated liar. End of story.
three seconds of thought time...

why is it you still haven't come up with a better answer in over two weeks again?

why did you have to lie about my answer in the first place?

what a tool...not emotionally or intellectually up for this level of discourse...just a child with an expensive toy he cannot use properly... a child who has been spanked repeatedly and still doesn't learn...

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#102122 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:

The fact is that it is not a minor detail and your resistance to using the correct terminology is evidence that I am correct. You know that there is undeniable scientific evidence for evolution and there there is no scientific evidence for your beliefs. Your use of improper language is one of the straws that you are grasping at.
Ya, right.

Your use of 'creatard' isn't correct terminology, either.

I ignore it because I'm not a pedant like you. I know what you mean.

You know what a person means when they say 'prove it'. Because you can't prove it, you stick to your pedantry.
Now before I give you any evidence you have to show that you can learn. If you are going to be a complete idiot the evidence will not do you any good at all. So you have to work for the evidence. I am not going to give it away for free.
Lol

There is no evidence of the common ancestor to all life on earth.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#102123 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Now who is being pedantic?
I can show how and why I have not been pedantic. Can you do the same?
That wasn't pedantic. He was confused. I said common ancestor and he assumed I meant humans common ancestor.

Derp

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102124 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime, here is only a partial list of planets found in the Goldilocks Zone:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_habitabl...

You will note that most are rather large gas giants. That is because small rocky planets like Earth are very hard to spot. There are probably over a billion planets in the Goldilocks zone in our galaxy alone.

We know of only one planet in the Goldilocks zone that is close enough so that we could see if it has life. Guess what, it does! That is one hundred percent. Now we may never get close enough to the other planets in the Goldilocks Zone to see if they have life or not, but since chemistry is chemistry the odds seem extremely high that life exists out there somewhere.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
" Tell me a secret"...... (Oct '14) 4 min wichita-rick 504
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 4 min KNIGHT DeVINE 79,778
Interesting Quotes (Jun '11) 8 min KNIGHT DeVINE 14,566
Word association (Jun '07) 13 min KNIGHT DeVINE 3,326
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 18 min KNIGHT DeVINE 4,055
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 30 min wichita-rick 167,053
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 57 min KNIGHT DeVINE 12,647
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr Alice Bresnahan 42,074
News How a Guy Got Banned From All Starbucks 2 hr Mega Monster 21
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 5 hr andet1987 29,504
More from around the web