Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 220729 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#102037 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a trip, man. I don't understand their thinking.
If I doubted evolution like they doubt God, I'd write something like this:
"evolution had been disproven. fact."
And leave it at that, offer no evidence. Then later, tell you that I have you the evidence already.
Huh?
I agree. That is just their style. If you pay attention they can be predictable as I already have proven with Sub.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#102039 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet i have given you plenty of evidence. your cult attempted to create an infallible god yet the god they created clearly made mistakes...
the bible clearly was not written with the divine inspiration your cult claims it was. your cult clearly shows your won god disagreeing with himself and changing his previous, infallible rules.
what part of this do you not understand?
The part where you say "i have given you plenty of evidence".

That's a lie.

You've offered ZERO evidence for your assertions.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#102040 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep you said from the start "You get on a bike and ride it is how it works". Did I forget to give you props on that answer? LMFAO
and now you are even lyuing about my answer to your silly question. why is it you feel you have to do that?

so what is your answer to how a bike works?

still no riderless, working bike yet? why not?

what a illogical fool you are...

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102041 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. That is just their style. If you pay attention they can be predictable as I already have proven with Sub.
Ya, I'm gettin that.

Thanks.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#102042 Oct 20, 2013
ispdiva wrote:
<quoted text>
"The rules are if you make a claim you have to back it up with evidence."
Is that YOUR claim? Where are these 'rules'?
No those are Subs rules. Just ask him he will tell you all about them. The best one is if he forgets to say something or miss-types it,,, we should know what he means and it is our fault for not knowing what he meant. lol

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#102043 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
1. "Warm little pond" theory: There is no solid evidence of life arising spontaneously from a chemical soup.
Lack of evidence for a particular event leading to the beginning of life in no way supports your contention that there is a God.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
2. Simplicity of the cell theory: Scientists have discovered that cells are tremendously complex, not simple.
The fact that cells are complex in no way supports your contention that there is a God.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
3. Theory about the cellís simple information: It turns out cells have a digital code more complex and lengthy than any computer language made by man.
DNA "code" isn't digital and it's complexity in no way supports your contention that there is a God.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
4. Theory of intermediate fossils: Where are the supposed billions of missing links in the evolutionary chain?
There is more than enough evidence of transitional forms to support the ToE. Even if there weren't, that would in no way support your contention that there is a God.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
5. Theory of the variation of species: Genetic adaptation and mutation have proven to have fixed limits.
Those limits have not been demonstrated. Even if there were, that would in no way support your contention that there is a God.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
6. Theory of the Cambrian Explosion: This sudden appearance of most major complex animal groups at the same low level of the fossil record is still an embarrassment to evolutionists.
The 50 million year long "Explosion" is easily explained to anyone willing to learn. Even if even if it wasn't, that would in no way support your contention that there is a God.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
7. Theory of homology: Similarity of structures does not mean the evolution of structures.
Homologous structures fit the model described by the ToE. Even if there didn't, that would in no way support your contention that there is a God.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
8. Theory of ape evolution : Chimpanzees have not evolved into anything else. Neither has man.
Of course not. But both share a common ancestor. Even if they didn't, that would in no way support your contention that there is a God.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
9. Theory of the tree of life: Rather than all life branching from a single organism, evidence has revealed a forest of life from the very beginning.
But of course you can't provide that evidence. Even if you could, that would in no way support your contention that there is a God.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
10. Rejection of an intelligent designer: This opened the door for many to reject God, the Bible and Christianity.
This is a GOOD thing.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102044 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>alrighty then, buck, tell me how a bike works...
Wheels, pedals, gears, brakes, force and motion, gravity, inertia, etc.

It's a lot more than "how we ride them".

Dipshit.

St. Croix valley

#102045 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant?? LOL
First off I have never said there is not life in our universe.
I said it is clear to see after going to the moon and mars, seeing out far into are universe with Hubble, earth has the only life we know of, have studied, have seen, have tested, have observed. Do you agree?
Before man went to the moon they thought life could be there. They thought life could be on Mars too. What did they find out from each of those encounters. They have seen nothing in our universe, besides earth that has even hinted at life? Do you agree?
Just because it is here on earth, which is in our universe since you like that word so well, does not mean it does exist anywhere else in our universe. Do you agree?
So are valid questions that you are to cowardly to answer. That is just you. Suc it up tick, no pun intended. lol
actually, once we determined there was no atmosphere on the moon we didn't think there would be life...but facts never get in your way, do they?

again, what would looking at our part of the world, where we know ther is life, from the vantage point of some other world like Earth show them? life here? no, it would not with the technology we have...this is why your question i s irrelevant. we know there is life in the universe. we are now just looking for more of it.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#102046 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and now you are even lyuing about my answer to your silly question. why is it you feel you have to do that?
Nope that is what you said. You even repeated the same answer again today.

St. Croix valley

#102047 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The part where you say "i have given you plenty of evidence".
That's a lie.
You've offered ZERO evidence for your assertions.
in fact i have. are you saying the Earth was created and populated with plants before the sun was even formed? every respectable scientist in the world would disagree with you. only your cult members would believe such idiocy.

this is the factual information i have given you. your cult attempted to create a god and they failed, just like every other cult before them and after them.

if you have a single fact that can counter these proven facts, let me know...

St. Croix valley

#102048 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, I'm gettin that.
Thanks.
so...how does a bike work?

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102049 Oct 20, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Lack of evidence for a particular event leading to the beginning of life in no way supports your contention that there is a God.
<quoted text>
The fact that cells are complex in no way supports your contention that there is a God.
<quoted text>
DNA "code" isn't digital and it's complexity in no way supports your contention that there is a God.
<quoted text>
There is more than enough evidence of transitional forms to support the ToE. Even if there weren't, that would in no way support your contention that there is a God.
<quoted text>
Those limits have not been demonstrated. Even if there were, that would in no way support your contention that there is a God.
<quoted text>
The 50 million year long "Explosion" is easily explained to anyone willing to learn. Even if even if it wasn't, that would in no way support your contention that there is a God.
<quoted text>
Homologous structures fit the model described by the ToE. Even if there didn't, that would in no way support your contention that there is a God.
<quoted text>
Of course not. But both share a common ancestor. Even if they didn't, that would in no way support your contention that there is a God.
<quoted text>
But of course you can't provide that evidence. Even if you could, that would in no way support your contention that there is a God.
<quoted text>
This is a GOOD thing.
Thank you.

You just inadvertently helped me demonstrate 10 things about evolution that's based on guesswork and/or bias.

:)

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#102051 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and now you are even lyuing about my answer to your silly question. why is it you feel you have to do that?
Ok tick. It all starts at conception,,, skip ahead. The child is born,,, skip ahead,,, The child eats and grows,,, skip ahead,,, learns to crawl then walk,,, skip ahead,,, gets a bike for their birthday with training wheels,,, skip ahead,,, eventually the training wheels can be taken off because they learn to get on that bike and just ride it. That is how it works. Exactly like you side Ole Albert! Hopefully you will loose your training wheels in life.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102052 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
actually, once we determined there was no atmosphere on the moon we didn't think there would be life...but facts never get in your way, do they?
You stupid skeptics and so-called freethinkers get stuck on "life as we know it" too much.

So what if there's not an earth like atmosphere on the moon? That doesn't preclude the possibility of life being there, just life as we know it.

Derp

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#102053 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>actually, once we determined there was no atmosphere on the moon we didn't think there would be life...but facts never get in your way, do they?
again, what would looking at our part of the world, where we know ther is life, from the vantage point of some other world like Earth show them? life here? no, it would not with the technology we have...this is why your question i s irrelevant. we know there is life in the universe. we are now just looking for more of it.
Still a coward dodging the questions. But hey if it is what makes you feel smart so be it. You can't fix stupid even with duct tape, super glue and WD40.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#102054 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact i have. are you saying the Earth was created and populated with plants before the sun was even formed? every respectable scientist in the world would disagree with you. only your cult members would believe such idiocy.
this is the factual information i have given you. your cult attempted to create a god and they failed, just like every other cult before them and after them.
if you have a single fact that can counter these proven facts, let me know...
Your whole argument goes back to plants without sun!! How did they survive?

It is a evolutionist BS, ill thought out question. Plants and life live without sun all the time. Science can show you that and if nothing else just go look under your house where the sun never shines and see if there is life and things growing under there.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102055 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
so...how does a bike work?
Wheels, pedals, gears, brakes, force and motion, gravity, inertia, etc.

It's a lot more than "how we ride them".

Dipshit.

St. Croix valley

#102056 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope that is what you said. You even repeated the same answer again today.
i openly challenge you to find that quote. you will not as i never said that. i clearly described how a bike works, just as you asked. what you wanted was how a bike can stay balanced for a short while without a rider, but you are too stupid to ask the question properly, or more truthfully, you knew the answer didn't involve the magic you wanted, but pure physics.

so how does a bike work?

i have asked you this at least ten times and you have yet to answer. why is that?

St. Croix valley

#102057 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Still a coward dodging the questions. But hey if it is what makes you feel smart so be it. You can't fix stupid even with duct tape, super glue and WD40.
didged nothing. butr you sure did. what would people looking across the universe with out technology see in this area that would tell them life is here?

shy can you not answer this question?

why is it you never can answer a question that shows what a fool you are?

hmmmmm.....

“Trippin' the Riff...”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#102058 Oct 20, 2013
A little philosophy inclineth man's mind to atheism, but depth in philosophy bringeth men's minds about to religion.

-Francis Bacon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Add a Word, Ruin a Movie (Oct '13) 10 min Parden Pard 5,259
News Religious TV station in Senegal accidentally ai... 14 min Gov Corbutt of th... 5
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 16 min _Susan_ 21,494
News NYC Mayor: 'Fearless Girl' statue can stay thro... 18 min Gov Corbutt of th... 10
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 24 min DarkSoul___ 213,280
News Teens wearing leggings barred from United fligh... 37 min Gov Corbutt of th... 13
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 38 min SweLL GirL 32,731
Stupid things to ponder ... (Feb '08) 49 min Chilli J 6,902
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 2 hr DMan 73,436
Memorable Movie Scenes. 2 hr Emerald 91
More from around the web