Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221445 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101997 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is on the internet it has to be true right. lol
The sad thing is many people believe that, especially if it goes in their favor.
that is exactly the opposite of what this site is saying.

you really are a fool, aren't you? you prove it with almost every post you make.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101998 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Is talk origins a scientific site?
Your rule means you follow them too. No more Wiki or The TalkOrigins links from you. They will no be invalid unless they are scientific sites.
He won't understand that.

He thinks that any site that isn't Christian of some sort is scientific enough to consider honest. Lol

St. Croix valley

#101999 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never said there is not life in our universe. I said it is clear to see after going to the moon and mars, seeing out far into are universe with Hubble, earth has the only life we know of, have studied, have seen, have tested, have observed. Do you agree?
Before man went to the moon they thought life could be there. They thought life could be on Mars too. What did they find out from each of those encounters. What have they seen in our universe, besides earth that has even hinted at life? Do you agree?
Just because it is here on earth, which is in our universe since you like that word so well, does not mean it does exist anywhere else in our universe. Do you agree?
if you observed Earth with the HST from 200 LY away, would you be able to determine if there was life here?

yo prove your ignorance more and more with every single post.

life exists in the universe. we are now looking for more.

not one teensy shred of evidence in all the universe you said we explored of any god, gods or goddesses...not one shred. why do you think that is?

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#102000 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
What makes you think there were glaciers up in the Andes above the Atacama? If you follow this link you will see that there were spots during the last glaciation where the Andes were bare:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Last_glacia...
Most of Chili and much of the higher elevated Andes where most of the Atacama desert is located was covered in snow and glaciers during the last glacial age prior to our interglacial period that has melted that snow and most of those glaciers that did exist. But you knew that correct?

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#102001 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>huh? perhaps you mistyped something there?
life had to come from non-life no matter how you look at it...some god creating it or naturally and rationally.
you really don't do logic, do you?
sheesh, you are an idiot!
I did not miss-type anything at all. By the God stories passed down they say why life has limits.

Your belief is life just created itself from non-life, by itself. So again "If life created itself out of non-life, which is pretty ingenious. Why did it create itself having to die off?"

Oh I know you won't have an answer besides a "duh, I don't know".

St. Croix valley

#102002 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
And that is your mistake. I never once said or claimed anything about UFO's. I said it is interesting to read. You should try reading sometime. About the bicycle. You still never have said how they exactly work. All you could say is how we ride them.
how we ride bikes is how they work. you still haven't learned how to ask a proper question to get the answer you want, have you? you must be really fucking stupid.

why bikes balance is not magic...nor is the shit on the whackjob sites you think have any credence at all. you are a idiotic, ignorant loon, unable to back up anything you claim...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#102003 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. Wiki explains what a polystrate fossil is, it doesn't debunk anything.
You did not read the article, or more likely, you did not understand it. And again, polystrate is a very poor term since the fossils are all found in a single stratum. They may go through several layers in that stratum but that is not a problem and does not support the idea of a world wide flood.

Technically there is no scientific evidence for a flood at all. To have scientific evidence that supports something you first need a scientific hypothesis or theory, and there is no scientific theory or hypothesis of the flood that has been made by creation "scientists".

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102004 Oct 20, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of Chili and much of the higher elevated Andes where most of the Atacama desert is located was covered in snow and glaciers during the last glacial age prior to our interglacial period that has melted that snow and most of those glaciers that did exist. But you knew that correct?
Where is your evidence that supports this claim?

The article that I linked indicated that was not the case.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#102005 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that is exactly the opposite of what this site is saying.
you really are a fool, aren't you? you prove it with almost every post you make.
It is a evolution site, not a scientific site.

Talk.origins is a Usenet newsgroup devoted to the discussion and debate of biological and physical origins. Most discussions in the newsgroup center on the creation/evolution controversy, but other topics of discussion include the origin of life, geology, biology, catastrophism, cosmology and theology.

The TalkOrigins Archive is a collection of articles and essays, most of which have appeared in talk.origins at one time or another. The primary reason for this archive's existence is to provide mainstream scientific responses to the many frequently asked questions (FAQs) that appear in the talk.origins newsgroup and the frequently rebutted assertions of those advocating intelligent design or other creationist pseudosciences.

http://talkorigins.org/

FAQ is addressed mainly to creationists

http://talkorigins.org/faqs/faq-welcome.html

Level 9

Everett, WA

#102006 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
He won't understand that.
He thinks that any site that isn't Christian of some sort is scientific enough to consider honest. Lol
No moron, I explained to the idiot more than once why TalkOrigins is a scientific site. It bases its articles upon peer reviewed science and sites and links those articles.

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#102007 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar. Wiki explains what a polystrate fossil is, it doesn't debunk anything.
Wiki also explains how polystrate fossils form and thus why they don't prove Noah's flood.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polystrate_fossi...

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102008 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you observed Earth with the HST from 200 LY away, would you be able to determine if there was life here?
not one teensy shred of evidence in all the universe you said we explored of any god, gods or goddesses...not one shred. why do you think that is?
You intentionally skip the 'ET' past of the conversation.

There is no evidence if extra terrestrial life in the universe. None.

Do you believe in et?

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#102009 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how we ride bikes is how they work. you still haven't learned how to ask a proper question to get the answer you want, have you? you must be really fucking stupid.
why bikes balance is not magic...nor is the shit on the whackjob sites you think have any credence at all. you are a idiotic, ignorant loon, unable to back up anything you claim...
So by your explanation then a car works because we start it and push the gas pedal for go and the brake pedal for stop. WOW I did not know how a car worked was so simple. LOL

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102010 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
how we ride bikes is how they work.
OMG you're an idiot.

replaytime wrote: How do bikes work?

woodtick57 wrote: how we ride bikes

O_o
WTF??

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#102011 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>if you observed Earth with the HST from 200 LY away, would you be able to determine if there was life here?
Bravo coward. I see you dodged all the questions but I expected you to.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#102012 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
And the funny thing is nothing in my comment you replied to even spoke of a God. But as always in your replies you bring up God. LMAO. What a tard.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102013 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:

Technically there is no scientific evidence for a flood at all.
Oh, Lord.... You are so dense.

18 pieces of evidence.

http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scien...

----

"There are two scientific theories in existence, one suggesting flooding around the area that is now the Black Sea and the other attributing devastating floods to a comet that struck the Earth."

http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/clima...

---

There IS evidence.

You're acting like a Creationist, whining that there's no evidence for evolution because you refuse to see the evidence.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#102014 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You intentionally skip the 'ET' past of the conversation.
There is no evidence if extra terrestrial life in the universe. None.
Do you believe in et?
That is their style. They stick to saying God is false and address nothing else. The sad thing is they think they are really doing something by doing so.

St. Croix valley

#102015 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG you're an idiot.
replaytime wrote: How do bikes work?
woodtick57 wrote: how we ride bikes
O_o
WTF??
no, you are the idiot. that is how a bike works..

Ok give me a better explanation of how a bike works.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#102016 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your evidence that supports this claim?
The article that I linked indicated that was not the case.
The article you linked wasn't a scientific site, it was Wikipedia.

According to you, it means nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 4 min Princess Hey 150,034
News Rat cafe opens in San Francisco 11 min The Wheeze of Trump 3
News Pet blood donors help other dogs, cats 14 min The Wheeze of Trump 2
News Double Murder Investigation Takes Bizarre Turn 19 min The Wheeze of Trump 1
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 23 min The Finny 75,224
News Bizarre Elk Poaching Case In Nevada Nets 3 Conv... 25 min The Wheeze of Trump 2
True False Game (Jun '11) 1 hr Sublime1 14,792
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr T Bone 217,049
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 4 hr Boink face 4,053
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 4 hr Boink face 2,539
More from around the web