Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173495 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

person's mouth broke his nose.

#101900 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you take the creatard line. You know better than that.
Here you go, we know that life evolved here on Earth. A few nuts may claim otherwise. The same chemistry that caused life to evolve here on Earth would exist on other planets in the universe. In fact probably billions of planets in our galaxy alone. So life has almost certainly evolved on other planets. The question is not whether ET life exists, it is whether intelligent ET life exists. That is much less likely. The Earth is only one data point and it took 4.5 billion years for intelligent life to appear here. That makes it seem that intelligent life is rather unlikely anywhere we could detect it.
But the fact still remains, other than life here on earth, you have no evidence. It is all about the evidence according to you.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101901 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
None of the Old Testament law is binding on us today. When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law.(Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15).
so you do not have to follow the ten commandments to be a christian? have you run this heretical theory by your local clergy yet?

sheesh! the idiocy (and lack of knowledge about their own cult) of cult members never ceases to amaze me...

can't wait to see you attempt to weasle your way out of this one, pinhead...

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101902 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you take the creatard line. You know better than that.
Here you go, we know that life evolved here on Earth. A few nuts may claim otherwise. The same chemistry that caused life to evolve here on Earth would exist on other planets in the universe. In fact probably billions of planets in our galaxy alone. So life has almost certainly evolved on other planets. The question is not whether ET life exists, it is whether intelligent ET life exists. That is much less likely. The Earth is only one data point and it took 4.5 billion years for intelligent life to appear here. That makes it seem that intelligent life is rather unlikely anywhere we could detect it.
HA HA HA!!!

Subduction Zone's version of facts:

"probably"
"almost certainly"
"less likely"
"rather unlikely"
"therefore ET's are a fact"

Oh lord....

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

#101903 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, this is just your complete inability to use logic. the bible is the only artifact in the universe that we know of that describes this god (outside of the koran, which expounds on the same god...)and this single artifact proves that the god it attempts to create is not, in fact, possible...
what part of this do you not understand? i can try to explain it further for you if necessary. it is not opinion, it is clear, verifiable logic and fact. the infallible god the bible attempts to create is disproved by the falsehoods in the bible ascribed to that same god.
Fact is you are using hearsay from other man as evidence. That is crystal clear.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101904 Oct 20, 2013
RR, if you want to claim that Noah's Flood happened the onus is upon you to supply evidence for it. The rules of debate and logic put the burden of proof is upon those making a positive claim.

Now I could go through the evidence that shows you are wrong, but that would take require that you educate yourself quite a bit.

St. Croix valley

#101905 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh but there IS evidence.
"Let's Look at the Evidence:
The following are 18 Evidences of either massive flooding and erosion, extremely rapid layering of strata, or direct evidence of a Worldwide Flood. Such evidences are found in numerous places on virtually every Continent."
http://www.earthage.org/EarthOldorYoung/scien...
You won't like it, you'll probably not even read it. But there is evidence regardless of your opinions.
no, none of those are evidence of global flooding in the time of human occupation on this planet...

sorry you failed. as did your bible and your cult in its attempt to create a god.

St. Croix valley

#101906 Oct 20, 2013
davy wrote:
So god changed his mind and murder is OK now?
there was no god to begin with...

the laws of not killing other humans precede any abrahamic cult...

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

#101907 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The following are 18 Evidences of either massive flooding and erosion, extremely rapid layering of strata, or direct evidence of a Worldwide Flood. Such evidences are found in numerous places on virtually every Continent."
You won't like it, you'll probably not even read it. But there is evidence regardless of your opinions.
If he does read it he will say it is a creationist site therefore it holds no "water" no pun intended.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101908 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

You are such an intellectually dishonest bastard. I did reply to you and gave you FOUR verses to support it.
Your claim is debunked.
Here's what I wrote:
I find it very strange that you seem to know me better than myself. For example, you claim that I don't know what the Bible says. That's very odd.
You ask what the Bible says about christians and the old laws. Why do you ask? You've proclaimed yourself to being the Bible expert here, you should know. I'll tell you anyway.
You have to understand that the issue is knowing that the Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians. Some of the laws were to show the Israelites how to worship God and atone for sin. Some of the laws were intended to make the Israelites distinct from other nations.
None of the Old Testament law is binding on us today. When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law.(Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15).
Subduction Zone wrote:
I must have missed them. Did you do it properly? Did you link them? Did you at the very least list and quote them? If you didn't then you did not supply any verses.
If not then you can hardly blame me for your error. So where are the links to these supposed verses?
So you paint yourself into a corner then demand links...?

The verses are right there. Look em up yourself.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101909 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, lying creatard sites are not valid. Find real science that supports a universal flood. The sedimentary rocks do not support your claim. They show that they were deposited over hundreds of millions of years. If you are going to argue like an idiot, I will treat you like an idiot.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101910 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is you are using hearsay from other man as evidence. That is crystal clear.
No, he is using something that you and your side lack, he is using logic.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#101911 Oct 20, 2013
Word(Bill), can you predict the seconds, minutes, hours or time of your death? No! But the time is very very certain to occur, this is God for you.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101912 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
But the fact still remains, other than life here on earth, you have no evidence. It is all about the evidence according to you.
Wrong. Chemistry is chemistry. If you want to claim that chemistry is different elsewhere it is up to you to prove it.

Other planets in the universe exist that are very similar to the Earth.

Logic says that life should evolve on those planets too.

You have no ability to think or reason logically.

St. Croix valley

#101913 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
no i am using the words of people that described their god to show that they also disproved god. outside of those words, your cult's god does not exist,so it is all we have to go on, isn't it?

you are using hearsay to try to prove your god and your cult.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101914 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You are such an intellectually dishonest bastard. I did reply to you and gave you FOUR verses to support it.
Your claim is debunked.
Here's what I wrote:
I find it very strange that you seem to know me better than myself. For example, you claim that I don't know what the Bible says. That's very odd.
You ask what the Bible says about christians and the old laws. Why do you ask? You've proclaimed yourself to being the Bible expert here, you should know. I'll tell you anyway.
You have to understand that the issue is knowing that the Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians. Some of the laws were to show the Israelites how to worship God and atone for sin. Some of the laws were intended to make the Israelites distinct from other nations.
<quoted text>
So you paint yourself into a corner then demand links...?
The verses are right there. Look em up yourself.
I always demand links.

I have not painted myself into a corner, nor have you provided any evidence. I am not doing your homework for you.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101915 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
If he does read it he will say it is a creationist site therefore it holds no "water" no pun intended.
Lol. Yup.

Then he'll post to wiki and say it's fact.

St. Croix valley

#101916 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
no, it is just clearly not proof in any way, shape or form of a global flood in the timespan of humanity, as your cult book clearly describes....

your cult lied to you...again...

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101917 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, lying creatard sites are not valid. Find real science that supports a universal flood. The sedimentary rocks do not support your claim. They show that they were deposited over hundreds of millions of years. If you are going to argue like an idiot, I will treat you like an idiot.
I supplied you with evidence.

I told you that you wouldn't like it....

There IS evidence of the Great Flood. Period.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101918 Oct 20, 2013
Since I figured that RR would be too lazy to meet the challenge I gave him I went and checked out his verses myself and found that I was right.

The challenge was to show where Jesus ever said that we were no longer under OT law. All he could find were some verses that might be interpreted to support his claim, but were definitely not said by Jesus.

Typical Christian fail.

St. Croix valley

#101919 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
why do you keep avoiding answering me about the fact that life here on Earth is verifiable proof of life in the universe? we are now just ling for more. we do not need to prove that life is out there, we know it is.

now where is your first teensy shred of proof for any god, gods, or goddesses?

funny how you keep dodging these facts you cannot possibly counter...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 6 min Judy 123 5,883
True False Game (Jun '11) 7 min Brother Larry 10,018
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 8 min Judy 123 32,707
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 10 min Brother Larry 2,444
Play "end of the word" (Nov '08) 13 min 40ish 24,552
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 14 min LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 43,475
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 16 min Judy 123 13,313
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 34 min Krypteia 29,701
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 39 min Camilla 169,322
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 18,651