Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101833 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets see it. That should be an easy task for you to do. So you believe in ET and UFO's but not a God. Hilarious!
Don't be an idiot. Did I say that I believed in UFO's? Do you know the difference between UFO's and the existence of Extra Terrestrial Life? One is extremely likely that other is not. See if you can use your limited thought capabilities to answer that question.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#101835 Oct 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Yes, the bible mentioned many gods and goddesses, but specifically warned against serving those gods. Do you normally think with your brains closed?
So you admit that there is NOT just 1 god?

There are other gods floating around 'out there'???

I think Thor is one of them.:-)

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#101836 Oct 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Science describes by observation and testing, it creates understanding.
You claim that a god creates something/anything/everything. You cannot understand it, only believe it. You cannot demonstrate or explain it as anything that is of substance.
You have not answered the question posted to you.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101837 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So like Tick, you base your evidence and facts off of hearsay from man, not facts or evidence. Just as I suspected.
No, the question is whether the Bible is the word of God and is perfect. If the Bible was perfect it would not have these hundreds of errors.

I am basing my claims upon the evidence that is claimed by the creatards themselves. They claim their Bible is evidence, then it has to follow the rules of logic. It doesn't. It fails, you fail.

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#101838 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>see...this is where you show your complete and utter inability to use logic.
there is verifiable proof of life in the universe...us. there is not one teensy weensy eensy shred of evidence for any god, gods or goddesses ever, anywhere in the universe.
now?
By your logic I can use "us" as evidence as easily.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#101839 Oct 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Same with your impossible theory of evolution. Faith is the issue.
Charles we have FACTS, testable facts, not faith.

Level 5

#101840 Oct 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. The claim that the undetectable Creator of the Universe is real and has a specific devotion to the tribes of Israel and the devotees of a bronze age martyr is extraordinary. The claims of no speaking serpents, no 4-10 kya genetic bottlenecks, no global flood, no 6 day creation, no talking animals, no staves into snakes and back again, or inland sea waters parting by verbal command are quite, quite ordinary.
Claims made by man, not God.

Level 5

#101841 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>We do not "believe", we know for a fact there is life in the universe. we are just looking for more.
still not one teensy shred of evidence for any god, gods, or goddesses ever existing or existing now. not even a shred to suggest they may possibly have ever existed.
clear on these facts now?
Show me facts/evidence there is other life other than here on earth. Oh that's right you don't have any.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#101842 Oct 20, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact still remain that water is only 0.2% of Earths mass, even if the surface were flat the water would be 2,686 metres deep.
That's 1.669 miles a mile and 5/8s.
Everest is 8,848 m that's 5.49789 miles.
So you see your flood is a physical impossibility.
You forget the water below china is displacing matter like a sponge. You cant squeeze a sponge out and expect it to be more water in a bowl. You could possibly have a local flood this way, but the sponge will soak the water back up.
You might also love to hate this link...

http://ldolphin.org/deepwaters.html

We will probably never see it or be able to use it. But billions of droplets of water buried hundreds of kilometers below us hold precious secrets of their own. Lou Bergeron reports

DEEP inside the Earth, the pressure is excruciating. Squeezed into strange shapes and forms, the rocks are so hot that they crawl like super-thick treacle. It is an inferno worthy of Dante, but it also contains something surprising. What's the last thing you would expect to find in this hellish environment? Water. Vast amounts of the stuff. In fact, more than 400 kilometers inside the Earth there may be enough water to replace the surface oceans more than ten times.

Or this link...
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_oldest_...

AnswerBarberton Greenstone Belt in eastern Africa is the oldest mountain range on Earth (3.5 billion years old)- this is evident if you understand the formation of the continents. The Guiana Highlands in South America are thought to be the earth's oldest surface (2 billion years old): it includes a large mountain plateau. Then there is the Medicine Mountain on Wyoming were they have dated rocks to 2-3 billion years ago. However, on top of all this we have the 3.8 billion year old 25 mile long band of zircon crystal rocks embedded in the Isua crust in Greenland! A lot of people in the USA. think that the Appalachians were among the oldest mountains formed. Although they are very impressive, stretching from the Eastern USA. to Canada, Labrador, Scotland and down to Morocco, they were formed only about 680 mya during the formation of Pangaea. But we now know that Pannotia preceded Pangaea and another super-continent called Rodinia formed 1,100 mya. So if we have evidence of mountains at 3.8 bya, we must have had a land mass on Earth even way before then? This seems to contest the theory that the Earth was totally underwater until 3.8 bya, and that we still don't know?(continued at site).

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101843 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Just for shyts and grins. You claim to be educated all the time and yet you have not shown evidence of that or some of your claims. Just you word and/or opinion.
Actually I have. I have done so by supporting my claims with sources, something that your side rarely if ever does. I show that I am educated by debating in an educated manor. RR makes claims but never supports them, even when he is making claims about his own superstitious beliefs.

Level 5

#101844 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be an idiot. Did I say that I believed in UFO's? Do you know the difference between UFO's and the existence of Extra Terrestrial Life? One is extremely likely that other is not. See if you can use your limited thought capabilities to answer that question.
You can babble all you want. I still want the facts and evidence that life exists other than here on earth.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101845 Oct 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, bullshit. You are obviously clueless what a scientific theory is and what a guess is.
So what are these holes, Einstin?
LOL

If you're gonna talk shit about someone being stupid, at least spell it right, Einstein.

1. "Warm little pond" theory: There is no solid evidence of life arising spontaneously from a chemical soup.

2. Simplicity of the cell theory: Scientists have discovered that cells are tremendously complex, not simple.

3. Theory about the cellís simple information: It turns out cells have a digital code more complex and lengthy than any computer language made by man.

4. Theory of intermediate fossils: Where are the supposed billions of missing links in the evolutionary chain?

5. Theory of the variation of species: Genetic adaptation and mutation have proven to have fixed limits.

6. Theory of the Cambrian Explosion: This sudden appearance of most major complex animal groups at the same low level of the fossil record is still an embarrassment to evolutionists.

7. Theory of homology: Similarity of structures does not mean the evolution of structures.

8. Theory of ape evolution : Chimpanzees have not evolved into anything else. Neither has man.

9. Theory of the tree of life: Rather than all life branching from a single organism, evidence has revealed a forest of life from the very beginning.

10. Rejection of an intelligent designer: This opened the door for many to reject God, the Bible and Christianity.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101846 Oct 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd hoped RR might give an answer. Pfft. Like that's going to happen. Very well, then.
O_o

I did answer you, in detail.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#101847 Oct 20, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Hindus or not, the truth always prevails.
I'll bet that Hindu living next to you doesn't believe you're god is real...just like you don't believe his god is real.

How about Sikh's, do you think his gods are real???

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101848 Oct 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
The initial light of the universe died out and it became transparent a long, log time before the sun and earth even began to form. And the sun was the sun before the earth had cooled.
Ya, that's the current fad.

Prove it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101849 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
For example...?
<quoted text>
O_o
Please cite the scripture that says the earth is flat.
<quoted text>
To what fallacious beliefs are you referring?
I don't worship the Bible, dude. I worship God. Can you grasp that very simple concept?
Obvious fallacies of the Bible? How about the Noah's Ark myth? That was busted long before Darwin came along.

Level 5

#101850 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>it is not hearsay by any stretch of your feeble imagination.
the facts are clear that the words of the bible attempt to create a god that the bible itself disproves. what part of this are you not clear on?
Words of others are hearsay no matter how you want to look at it. That is a fact.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101851 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG dude. You've never showed evidence, all you've done is state it.
OMG?!? are you a teenager from the last decade?

yes, i have shown proof. how can the infallible god the bible says is the god of your cult make mistakes like the ones i have pointed out with verifiable facts? it cannot, hence the god your cult attempted to create is proven false.

the Earth was not formed and populated with plants before the sun was formed. we know this for a fact. the Noachian flood never happened, we know this for a fact. the story of jesus is just a rehash of previous religious cult myths. the real jesus was just a rabble rouser that was just like the occupy wall street people of today. his whole story was embellished to support the political agenda of those who used him as a political soundbyte.

your entire belief system is based on proven lies. you are in a cult.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101852 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and yet i gave you the clear, verifiable facts that you were unable to counter that clearly show the 'god' your cult attempted to create cannot be real.
what part of that did you not understand? i can explain it to you again if you need me to...
You've given no facts. No evidence. No links. No quotes.

Nothing.

All you do is repeat yourself, saying "the bible disproves god", et al.

If you have proof, offer it up.

Level 5

#101853 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I have. I have done so by supporting my claims with sources, something that your side rarely if ever does. I show that I am educated by debating in an educated manor. RR makes claims but never supports them, even when he is making claims about his own superstitious beliefs.
Yep name calling and posting links shows one is educated. Even a third grader can do that. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
True or False Game 2 min Brandiiiiiiii 1,268
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 min _hellbilly_ 152,565
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 3 min Brandiiiiiiii 2,898
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 4 min stacked and proud 5,383
Last Post Wins! (Aug '08) 9 min andet1987 138,346
Police: Man in elf costume charged with DWI 13 min Mechanic 11
Strange new fish discovered at record-breaking ... 16 min Jaimie 4
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 19 min Wolftracks 25,759
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 1 hr Ricky F 24,142
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 1 hr Jennifer Renee 7,634