Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 221488 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#101875 Oct 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No references whatsoever, just a lot a yammering.
I've already given you Dr Dunai contact information including his telephone number. If you want to call him up and tell him he's full of shit, have at it. In the meantime, I'll take the research and conclusions of a distinguished scientists over a fundie fruitloop on the internet any day.
<quoted text>
And makes no sense to someone who believes in nothing at all except a very old book of dubious origin.
Speaking of yammering look in a mirror. It's your yammering that brought up this desert area so you could prove in your opinion the earth was never globally flooded.
But you're the self insinuated all knowing science guy. Seems amiss that you would have forgotten the glacial ages Peru and this desert was subjected to time and again in this 100,000 year period. But according to you those glacial ages never happened because your science guy declares some streams and river beds on this desert have NEVER had ANY FLOWING WATER in them for over a 100,000 years. Meaning these few streams and river beds had no snow melt or glacial melt for over 100,000 years even if it did happen.
You're view of what this earth can do to itself is prejudiced and shallow because of your illogical comparison of science to theism to prove science right. That's your bad, not mine.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101876 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you don't even read your own posts.
YOU wrote it.
http://m.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/T9QUH...
<quoted text>
But you haven't done that. Not that I've seen. You, like your athitard pal, just keep repeating yourselves that you've done it.
DO IT.
Point out some "biblical errors" so I can show you why you're wrong.
no, it has been proven over and over that the noahian flood never happened. the Earth was not formed and full of plants before the sun was formed.

just like any cult member, when faced with the irrefutable truth, you can only go back to your cult's mantra, as that is all you know. classic deprogramming...check it out, you are following the steps of every other cult member when shown the truth proves your cult to be based on lies...

not an original thought or action in your entire being , is there? that must be an ugly, ugly life...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101877 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>OMG?!? are you a teenager from the last decade?
yes, i have shown proof. how can the infallible god the bible says is the god of your cult make mistakes like the ones i have pointed out with verifiable facts? it cannot, hence the god your cult attempted to create is proven false.
the Earth was not formed and populated with plants before the sun was formed. we know this for a fact. the Noachian flood never happened, we know this for a fact. the story of jesus is just a rehash of previous religious cult myths. the real jesus was just a rabble rouser that was just like the occupy wall street people of today. his whole story was embellished to support the political agenda of those who used him as a political soundbyte.
your entire belief system is based on proven lies. you are in a cult.
Because you wrote something does not make it a fact. Can you at least understand that?

You make some wild claims;

1. the Earth was not formed and populated with plants before the sun was formed

Prove it.

2. the Noachian flood never happened

Prove it.

3. the story of jesus is just a rehash of previous religious cult myths

Prove it.

4. the real jesus was just a rabble rouser that was just like the occupy wall street people of today.

Prove it.

5. his whole story was embellished to support the political agenda of those who used him as a political soundbyte.

Prove it.

6. your entire belief system is based on proven lies.

Prove it.

7. you are in a cult.

Prove it.

Understand that I, or anyone else, should not simply take your word for it, the onus is one you to support tore grandiose claims.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#101878 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Name calling? Is it name calling to tell a moron that he is a moron?
And now you have just implied that you and RR do not have even a third grade education. And I disagree with your claim. To appreciate proper evidence it takes an education. Please note that RR has not supplied any evidence that supports their claims, neither have you. So according to your "logic" neither of you has even a third grade education.
Get your panties out of a wad. You will be ok. Just show evidence to back what you say form now on. LMAO

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101879 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
So far all Sub and Tick can do/have been doing are stating opinions, not facts. As by the rules, facts have to be shown by evidence. Those are your rules people. If you want other people to abide by them you have to abide by them yourselves. You say the bible can’t be used for proof of God but yet use it for no proof of God. Hilarious!! Fact is the bible cannot prove or disprove God. It was written by man.
You show in your blind attacks that all you have is opinions, not facts.[/QUTE]

Wrong idiot, I have provided evidence that supports my claims.

[QUOTE]
Sub - gullibility is a synonym of faith - opinion not fact.
Wrong again, I gave evidence that supported this claim. You must have missed it. Go back and try again.
Sub - they worship the bible - opinion not fact.
Wrong again. I gave evidence of that. You missed it. Go back and try again.
Tick - God is not real - opinion not fact.
No, he claims that the God of the Bible is not real. If you misstate what someone says you are automatically wrong.
Tick - The bible proves God is a myth - opinion not fact.
Sub and Tick both– we have evidence life is out there somewhere else – opinion not fact
Again, no. He supported that with logic based upon biblical claims.

So far it is your side that has made claims without supporting them in any way at all.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101880 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember my claim that you were uneducated. Here is evidence that supports my claim. The proper request would be for evidence, not for for "proof".
Still no proof, just your words....

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#101881 Oct 20, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no such thing. It's a Catholic construct from the 300's AD
Says you. Just ask ypourself this question, what brought about this universe? Why are will not aware when we are going to die? Not even science, yet this death must surely come.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101882 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
What?! It hadn't been busted, except in the minds of crazy people like you.
I suppose you won't offer any evidence for that , either......
No, we know that there was no flood since there is no evidence of one.

Five miles of water flooding and leaving the Earth would leave unmistakable evidence almost every where. There is no evidence of a flood, therefore no flood.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#101883 Oct 20, 2013
Tell us about the science of the talking snake.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
If you're gonna talk shit about someone being stupid, at least spell it right, Einstein.
1. "Warm little pond" theory: There is no solid evidence of life arising spontaneously from a chemical soup.
2. Simplicity of the cell theory: Scientists have discovered that cells are tremendously complex, not simple.
3. Theory about the cell’s simple information: It turns out cells have a digital code more complex and lengthy than any computer language made by man.
4. Theory of intermediate fossils: Where are the supposed billions of missing links in the evolutionary chain?
5. Theory of the variation of species: Genetic adaptation and mutation have proven to have fixed limits.
6. Theory of the Cambrian Explosion: This sudden appearance of most major complex animal groups at the same low level of the fossil record is still an embarrassment to evolutionists.
7. Theory of homology: Similarity of structures does not mean the evolution of structures.
8. Theory of ape evolution : Chimpanzees have not evolved into anything else. Neither has man.
9. Theory of the tree of life: Rather than all life branching from a single organism, evidence has revealed a forest of life from the very beginning.
10. Rejection of an intelligent designer: This opened the door for many to reject God, the Bible and Christianity.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#101884 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Name calling? Is it name calling to tell a moron that he is a moron?
And now you have just implied that you and RR do not have even a third grade education. And I disagree with your claim. To appreciate proper evidence it takes an education. Please note that RR has not supplied any evidence that supports their claims, neither have you. So according to your "logic" neither of you has even a third grade education.
Your big mistake is saying I have made claims. I have not made any claims except that you are posting opinions not facts. Your lack of evidence shows that to be true according to how you say lack of evidence works.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101885 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again. I supplied the verse that supported my claim. You were unable to show that I was wrong in any way at all.
What a joke, an idiot who worships the Bible and does not even understand it.
You are such an intellectually dishonest bastard. I did reply to you and gave you FOUR verses to support it.

Your claim is debunked.

Here's what I wrote:

I find it very strange that you seem to know me better than myself. For example, you claim that I don't know what the Bible says. That's very odd.

You ask what the Bible says about christians and the old laws. Why do you ask? You've proclaimed yourself to being the Bible expert here, you should know. I'll tell you anyway.

You have to understand that the issue is knowing that the Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians. Some of the laws were to show the Israelites how to worship God and atone for sin. Some of the laws were intended to make the Israelites distinct from other nations.

None of the Old Testament law is binding on us today. When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law.(Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15).

Level 2

Location hidden

#101886 Oct 20, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit that there is NOT just 1 god?
There are other gods floating around 'out there'???
I think Thor is one of them.:-)
Bill, there is a difference between gods and God. God is just one.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#101887 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again, I gave evidence that supported this claim. You must have missed it. Go back and try again.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No, he claims that the God of the Bible is not real. If you misstate what someone says you are automatically wrong.
<quoted text>
Again, no. He supported that with logic based upon biblical claims.
So far it is your side that has made claims without supporting them in any way at all.
And you say you never lie and are not dishonest. LMAO

All opinions, not one of them facts.

Level 2

Location hidden

#101888 Oct 20, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Charles we have FACTS, testable facts, not faith.
Yes, but limited facts, can science create a natural human brain? NO!

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101889 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
no, it has been proven over and over that the noahian flood never happened. the Earth was not formed and full of plants before the sun was formed.
No. Those are your opinions.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101890 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
As I said. Show me facts, proof or evidence life exists somewhere besides here on earth. And again I say, Oh that's right you can't.
It is all speculation of maybe and could be.
Once again you take the creatard line. You know better than that.

Here you go, we know that life evolved here on Earth. A few nuts may claim otherwise. The same chemistry that caused life to evolve here on Earth would exist on other planets in the universe. In fact probably billions of planets in our galaxy alone. So life has almost certainly evolved on other planets. The question is not whether ET life exists, it is whether intelligent ET life exists. That is much less likely. The Earth is only one data point and it took 4.5 billion years for intelligent life to appear here. That makes it seem that intelligent life is rather unlikely anywhere we could detect it.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#101891 Oct 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't assume a damn thing.
Liar, liar, pants on fire! lol. You assumed I was a strict creationist and you assumed wrong. You assumed I believed Noah's flood to be a fact and you assumed wrong. You assume I believe in the Bible and nothing but the Bible and you assume wrong. You continue to make an *ss of yourself by your continued wrong assumptions of me and yet you don't care. You prove you'd rather state what isn't correct than to repair your incorrections. But to each their own :)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101892 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
So far all Sub and Tick can do/have been doing are stating opinions, not facts. As by the rules, facts have to be shown by evidence. Those are your rules people. If you want other people to abide by them you have to abide by them yourselves. You say the bible can’t be used for proof of God but yet use it for no proof of God. Hilarious!! Fact is the bible cannot prove or disprove God. It was written by man.
You show in your blind attacks that all you have is opinions, not facts.
Tick - God is not real - opinion not fact.
Tick - The bible proves God is a myth - opinion not fact.
Sub and Tick both– we have evidence life is out there somewhere else – opinion not fact
no, this is just your complete inability to use logic. the bible is the only artifact in the universe that we know of that describes this god (outside of the koran, which expounds on the same god...)and this single artifact proves that the god it attempts to create is not, in fact, possible...

what part of this do you not understand? i can try to explain it further for you if necessary. it is not opinion, it is clear, verifiable logic and fact. the infallible god the bible attempts to create is disproved by the falsehoods in the bible ascribed to that same god.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#101893 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Your claims, you prove it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101894 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You are such an intellectually dishonest bastard. I did reply to you and gave you FOUR verses to support it.
Your claim is debunked.
Here's what I wrote:
I find it very strange that you seem to know me better than myself. For example, you claim that I don't know what the Bible says. That's very odd.
You ask what the Bible says about christians and the old laws. Why do you ask? You've proclaimed yourself to being the Bible expert here, you should know. I'll tell you anyway.
You have to understand that the issue is knowing that the Old Testament law was given to the nation of Israel, not to Christians. Some of the laws were to show the Israelites how to worship God and atone for sin. Some of the laws were intended to make the Israelites distinct from other nations.
None of the Old Testament law is binding on us today. When Jesus died on the cross, He put an end to the Old Testament law.(Romans 10:4; Galatians 3:23-25; Ephesians 2:15).
I must have missed them. Did you do it properly? Did you link them? Did you at the very least list and quote them? If you didn't then you did not supply any verses.

If not then you can hardly blame me for your error. So where are the links to these supposed verses?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 27 min andet1987 36,752
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 38 min andet1987 4,287
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 41 min SGHarleyhoney 76,019
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 44 min andet1987 4,255
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr grace f a l l e n 218,734
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 1 hr andet1987 8,047
What Turns You Off? 1 hr honeymylove 548
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 7 hr Parden Pard 22,886
What is your pets name? 7 hr Parden Pard 43
A to Z songs by title or group! (Dec '16) 8 hr Judy 123 1,950
More from around the web