Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,807)

Showing posts 96,121 - 96,140 of105,880
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to believe in Santa clause then thatís entirely up to you
Funny how the story gives them antlers in December, musts be god magic
Nope, Santa does not use old reindeer:

http://reindeer.ws/info.htm

"The older bulls generally lose or ďdropĒ their antlers first, usually late December or early January, with the remaining bulls following this process until as late as March. "

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Ironically as a non-creationist I'm one of the few who defends the original intentions of the intellectual works of the authors themselves, who've had their work taken out of context for millenia by the "faithful". The fundies only fight for the fundies but who's gonna fight for the fundies?
:-(
If fundies would/could honestly and objectively consider their source there would be far fewer arguments. Unfortunately, they are incorrigible.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> My question would be why would a god make a bio-system that forced animals to prey on each other , killing and eating them. While giving the ultimate apex predator a conscious that makes them feel guilty for doing so.
But having a carnal lust for eating the flesh of other creatures, it being a necessary function to survive. It does not fit the premise of being created by a loving god, in fact if there is one ...
It's a cruel and twisted monster for forcing the biosphere and it's inhabitants to a never ending chain of kill or be killed.
ever read "Oryx and Crake" by Margaret Atwood? or The Year of the Flood"? I'm just starting her new third of the trilogy, "MaddAddam".

In the series, humans have created such a species...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question dumbass, I haven't claimed anything .. its your own words I'm using! How can something that was alive then dead not be able to come back to life, yet something that was never alive can? These are your words! You are not ignorant ,no,...you are just taking comically stupid positions to defend your beliefs. Then when your stupidity is exposed you accuse others of ignorance! Pitiful
unless you believe life always existed in our universe, it had to come from non-living matter at one point...

logic is fun!

“Life is a learning highway”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

that too many get lost on

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't suck. Anymore than Einstein trumping Newton. It would just lead to a deeper understanding. Which is the intent of science.
Discussing what I posted would have been more useful than just one more smart remark from you.
Re-writing their books, their papers, their studies that they wrote based on evidence,even their evidence would have to be re-classified if this one shows that there were not as many different species as they claimed. So yea I think that would kind of suck. It would help in the long run of providing more understanding. Like I said science is an awesome tool but if they turn out to be wrong from their evidence that they classified those species off of one has to wonder how much they actually do understand. Not knocking science but to label species based on studied evidence, tell the world this is what it is, then have to change it, shows it is not facts but at best a guess of what they think until something can show it wrong.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Re-writing their books, their papers, their studies that they wrote based on evidence,even their evidence would have to be re-classified if this one shows that there were not as many different species as they claimed. So yea I think that would kind of suck. It would help in the long run of providing more understanding. Like I said science is an awesome tool but if they turn out to be wrong from their evidence that they classified those species off of one has to wonder how much they actually do understand. Not knocking science but to label species based on studied evidence, tell the world this is what it is, then have to change it, shows it is not facts but at best a guess of what they think until something can show it wrong.
back when Carl Linnaeus developed the system we use for classification, we didn't have the same evidence we do now.

many species were incorrectly classified, because the evidence we had available suggested they were of the same species, the evidence we have available to us now shows they are not.
Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Has everybody figured out that there is no god, yet? There really isn't, you know.

Congrats to those who figured it out and "don't give up" to those who are still struggling to let go of the fairy tale that their parents imbedded into their psyche. You can do it!

“Life is a learning highway”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

that too many get lost on

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>back when Carl Linnaeus developed the system we use for classification, we didn't have the same evidence we do now.
many species were incorrectly classified, because the evidence we had available suggested they were of the same species, the evidence we have available to us now shows they are not.
tick we are talking about this new 1.8 million-year-old skull that has been found.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/did-human-fami...

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/oct/1...

“Today we pray”

Level 1

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
Actually I'm looking at the far side of the room and I can't see any air. It is fair to say that air can be invisible.
So? I can't see you, either. Is it fair to say that you can be invisible?

Derp

“Today we pray”

Level 1

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, for cryin' in the grog.
Another halfwit about to claim that "serpent" does not mean "snake""
That's exactly and only what it means, you pillock.
Really. "exactly and only what it means"?!?

Serpent has several meanings, only one of which is snake.

1. A reptile of the order Serpentes; a snake.

2. often Serpent
a. In the Bible, the creature that tempted Eve.
b. Satan.

3. A subtle, sly, or treacherous person.

4. A firework that writhes while burning.

5. Music A deep-voiced wind instrument of serpentine shape, used principally from the 17th to 19th century, about 2.5 meters (8 feet) in length and made of brass or wood.

6. Serpent Serpens.

You were saying?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic! you are not in the same country with logic! Both are dead! dumbass,it would be no greater feat for a dead animal to come back to life than a bunch of disorganized puddles to spring to life! You are clothed in such a suit of denial you will grasp at anything no matter how unscientific , illogical , and unproven to prop up your religious beliefs. Then in a final desperate spasm of idiocy you bring up the fact of reproduction to stupidly support a fools argument. Hey Idiot! that argument supports CREATION! life has been shown only to reproduce through existing life! That's NEVER been disproven!, yet you try to use that as evidence for abiogenesis! What a brainwashed fool
Except creationism violates your own rules. In order to go up to heaven to be with God we have to die. Yet you fundies claim God is "alive". If life needs to reproduce through existing life, remember this did NOT happen with Adam and Eve. God did not have sex with his wife and have babies. They were artificially created via God's Frankenstein experiment. Same with every other animal He created. ALL were created from NON-LIFE, according to your OWN RELIGION.

And, just like Frankenstein's experiment, God's experiment failed. Oh well.(shrug)

“Today we pray”

Level 1

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Speak to je of one "serpent" which is not a "snake".
Non-apologetically, I mean - and dos it matter? What species of "serpent" talks?
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, for cryin' in the grog.
Another halfwit about to claim that "serpent" does not mean "snake""
That's exactly and only what it means, you pillock.
Numbers 2 & 3.....

2. often Serpent
b. Satan.

5. Music A deep-voiced wind instrument of serpentine shape, used principally from the 17th to 19th century, about 2.5 meters (8 feet) in length and made of brass or wood.

6. Serpent Serpens.

“Today we pray”

Level 1

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when has 2 sentences containing 14 words and one number, factual in every syllable been described as ranting?
When it's coming from you.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
Answer the question dumbass, I haven't claimed anything ..
Yes you have. You claimed life ALWAYS comes from life. Evidence indicates otherwise. Your own religion claims otherwise. Twice. Since remember that God did NOT come from another life-form either, being immortal and eternal and all that.

Again, your hypocrisy is noted.
bohart wrote:
its your own words I'm using! How can something that was alive then dead not be able to come back to life, yet something that was never alive can? These are your words! You are not ignorant ,no,...you are just taking comically stupid positions to defend your beliefs. Then when your stupidity is exposed you accuse others of ignorance! Pitiful
Scientific fact demonstrates that non-living compounds are converted into life. And this happens on an every-day basis all over the entire planet.

In a sense some dead things can come back to life. For instance the components that make up your body may be reincarnated into a worm after you die.

If you wish to avoid that (and avoid living again) I would suggest cremation.(shrug)

“Today we pray”

Level 1

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:

Air and ionizing radiation can be seen...
Yer turn...
ChristineM wrote:

Prove it?Ė
Fog, which is more than air can be seen, Pollution can sometimes be seen, Movement of air can distort the perception of distance. Movement, pollution and fog are not air.
And ionising radiation? The effects of radiation can be seen but the radiation itself cannot be seen. Itís wavelength is far too high for the human eye to register. I believe we have had a similar discussion before over whether light can be seen and I provided copious evidence and you provided none, then you shut up about it fro some reason.
Is this the circle of life that is christianity? Wow, you really are a numbskull arenít you?
I did not ask you to prove it. I know that air and ionizing radiation can be seen, which is why I said air and ionizing radiation can be seen....
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't begin to answer, it's a question that thinking people have wondered about for ages. I suppose to have the answer would be to know the mind of God, and in this life man isn't capable of it.Perhaps the book of Job is as close as we'll get here on earth to an answer. Good luck.
Oh man, gotta love the irony!

But Bo, you claim to know the mind of God all the time. You claim that God never did abiogenesis.

Stop telling God what to do.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
tick we are talking about this new 1.8 million-year-old skull that has been found.
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/did-human-fami...
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/oct/1...
Of course the problem with this is that creatards are misunderstanding what this finding tells us. It in no way threatens the theory of evolution. There may be fewer species of ancestors than we thought we had, but that is a big jump to take out of a few fossils found at one site.

Of course if you are a creationist grasping at straws is as close as they ever come to a victory.

“Today we pray”

Level 1

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right I don't. What's a non-snake serpent?
At least I was correct about it not being a snake.
My ex-wife is a serpent.

One of the meanings of "serpent" is a sly or treacherous person.

Not all serpents are snakes, but all snakes are serpents.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Numbers 2 & 3.....
2. often Serpent
b. Satan.
6. Serpent Serpens.
any talking serpents in the real world?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
What is wrong here?
You lack of education, and the fact you don't care.(shrug)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 96,121 - 96,140 of105,880
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••