Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222113 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101741 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>regardles of whether there was this magical light or not, the Earth was not formed and populated with plants before the sun was formed. this is a known fact.
Again, just your word....

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101742 Oct 20, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is evidence, could you be confusing evidence with proof again?
T
Yes, the Bible is a source of evidence. So are my Aunt Petunia's farts. When it comes to geology they are both of about the same value.

If you want to claim that the Bible is evidence then you have to be able to show that that evidence is valid. Since the Bible has countless flaws in it I don't see how you could possibly do that.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101743 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
no, you can research it for yourself if you do not fear knowledge.

the earth could not have been formed before the sun. none of the planets could have formed without the sun. perhaps you should study how solar systems form instead of your proven cult myths.

St. Croix valley

#101744 Oct 20, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is evidence, could you be confusing evidence with proof again?
if the bible is evidence,t hen so is every single creation myth and religious cult doctrine in the history of humans.

so you are really saying that there is evidence for a great turtle holding up the world. and gods living on top of a mountain in greece.

you really need to think before you type, but we know tha isn't going to happen, is it?

St. Croix valley

#101745 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Tick you keep saying "God" said this or that. Do you have evidence that God said those things?
the entire basis of your cult is that god used divine inspiration to create the bible. then there are the parts of the bible that clearly state, "god said unto moses" and those are some real doozies...the part where god says it is OK to own slaves and kill people for no good reason and not to wear clothes of two fibres and things so silly no third grader could possibly believe they were the word of any god...

your cult lied to you...again...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101746 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he has something you don't have that supports his beliefs, evidence.

Your beliefs are based upon faith, a synonym for faith is "gullibility".

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#101747 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the entire basis of your cult is that god used divine inspiration to create the bible. then there are the parts of the bible that clearly state, "god said unto moses" and those are some real doozies...the part where god says it is OK to own slaves and kill people for no good reason and not to wear clothes of two fibres and things so silly no third grader could possibly believe they were the word of any god...
your cult lied to you...again...
So you have no evidence or facts but yet you keep claiming they are facts.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101748 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, please.
Here you go:

http://biblehub.com/matthew/5-18.htm

"For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."

It is amazing how ignorant so many Christians are about the book that they claim to worship.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#101749 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text> a synonym for faith is "gullibility".
I never heard or read that one. You have a link to that?

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#101750 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go:
"For truly I tell you, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished."
It is amazing how ignorant so many Christians are about the book that they claim to worship.
Your mistake is they don't worship the bible. They worship the God the bible speaks of.

St. Croix valley

#101751 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So you have no evidence or facts but yet you keep claiming they are facts.
i just gave you the facts, you fool.

are you saying that i was incorrect about the bible supposedly being divinely inspired? is that not the christian/judaic/islamic line on that? yes, in fact it is...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101752 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, you can research it for yourself if you do not fear knowledge.
the earth could not have been formed before the sun. none of the planets could have formed without the sun. perhaps you should study how solar systems form instead of your proven cult myths.
Again, just your word...

...of your version of creation.

St. Croix valley

#101753 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go:
religious cults hate knowledge. this is why so many of the cult members are as ignorant as redneck on their own cult.

knowledge is the death knell for their cults

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101754 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he has something you don't have that supports his beliefs, evidence.
Your beliefs are based upon faith, a synonym for faith is "gullibility".
He has shown no evidence...

None.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101755 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I never heard or read that one. You have a link to that?
I don't need one, look at the definitions of both words.

Faith is believing something without evidence. What do you think gullibility is?

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#101756 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i just gave you the facts, you fool.
are you saying that i was incorrect about the bible supposedly being divinely inspired? is that not the christian/judaic/islamic line on that? yes, in fact it is...
Just wanted to clarify that so I know your facts are not really facts. The only fact is that you base your facts off of hearsay of others. The bible was written by man, not God. In one breath you say the bible is not evidence for anything but in another breath you yet use it as evidence tailored against what you want. How can it be both evidence and not evidence? That is interesting.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101757 Oct 20, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Your mistake is they don't worship the bible. They worship the God the bible speaks of.
Wrong again.

The problem is that they do not worship the God of the Bible, they worship the Bible itself. What is rather hilarious about that is that worshiping the Bible breaks the First Commandment.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101758 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you go:
Oh, I know the verse. I just wanted you to google search it. Good boy.

Now that we have a definite verse to discuss, do you understand what that verse even means?

We see right away that Jesus did not mention the Sabbath or the Ten Commandments in that verse. To read Jesusí statement as having these laws specifically in mind is to bring in ideas that were not stated by Jesus. Why do you do that?

Before you are too quick to criticize Christians for not keeping the law, you must understand that most of the OT laws are directed at Jews, not Christians.

Do you understand that or will you continue your ignorant Bible-basking tirade?

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101759 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:

woodtick57 wrote:
religious cults hate knowledge. this is why so many of the cult members are as ignorant as redneck on their own cult.
knowledge is the death knell for their cults
LOL

Because he said so?

Would you also bend over and believe him if he stated I have red hair?

Don't be such a follower...

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Location hidden

#101760 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't need one, look at the definitions of both words.
Faith is believing something without evidence. What do you think gullibility is?
You don't need one? LOL. You mean you don't have one. Stop your lying Sub. You know gullibility is not a synonym for faith.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 min Denny CranesPlace 24,984
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 4 min Parden Pard 47,359
True False Game (Jun '11) 6 min andet1987 15,228
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 10 min andet1987 33,448
'Double Letter S' (Dec '12) 13 min andet1987 669
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 15 min Jennifer Renee 24,295
A Five Letter Word (Jan '12) 17 min andet1987 2,940
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 22 min Mustang GT Girl 221,936
What's for dinner? (Feb '12) 33 min whatimeisit 9,304
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 41 min Guess who 5,401
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 2 hr Bar Fly_ok 2,963
More from around the web