Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 222780 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101725 Oct 20, 2013
xxxooxxx wrote:
So basically your saying that you study the bible not to learn the truth, but you study to use it to attack Christians?
...interesting
ok then, I'm out of here.
That's the MO of the Topix atheist.

They half-ass read Bible quotes they see on atheists websites, then misquote the hell out if them and claim their own victory and genius.

It's actually fun to watch.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101726 Oct 20, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
In fact Jesus himself said that all of the laws of the Old Testament were still to apply. Do you want me to quote the verse?
Yes, please.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101727 Oct 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet it does say AFTER the plants.
So? It also says there was light. Plants can grow without sunlight, you know...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101728 Oct 20, 2013
MikeF wrote:

It's called "evidence". You know, the stuff your god left for us to figure out.
Oh.

What "evidence" are you referring to?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#101729 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why? Omnipotence is having very great OR unlimited power.
God is omnipotent, He has very great power. But there are several things even God can't do, like lying or making a spherical square.
So you might as well stop it with your assertions of "God can't do anything so he's not real" bullshit.
<quoted text>
You missed the answer?
You didn't too very well back in school, did ya?
Or are you still in school?
Omni (of all)+ potent (having great power)
It does not translate as having great power over >some< things unless you omit the prefix. You show a propensity for omitting relevant aspects of discussion.

To be honest, I did not even bother to look if you had answered the paradox of God's Rock. I worked it out when I was around 10, which was probably before your time. I was hoping you would unequivocally state an answer or at least a proposition on it ... Sorry, I should have known you wouldn't.
I temporarily forgot the online Xtian mantra, "Divert, deceive, deflect, ignore."

“That's just MY opinion...”

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#101730 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Well that's because it's just a theory, full of holes and guesswork.
You can't 'accept' ToE, you have to 'believe' it.
It probably seems that way to a person with very limited education. You no doubt feel the same way about Geography and 'Rithmatic.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101731 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're lying.
You wrote:
"the Earth was not formed and filled with plants before the sun was made and the sun and moon were not made after the Earth..."
"...the sun and moon were not made after the Earth..."
Even according to science, that is incorrect.
not at all. the
Earth was not formed and populated with plants before the sun was formed, as your cult's infallible god said happened.

how can your infallible god get his own creation story incorrect?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101732 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the MO of the Topix atheist.
They half-ass read Bible quotes they see on atheists websites, then misquote the hell out if them and claim their own victory and genius.
It's actually fun to watch.
Actually, all studies show that non-believers know more about the religious cults than those that profess to be members of those cults. cults like yours hate knowledge, hence the first lesson from your cult in the garden of eden: "do not seek knowledge, do exactly as you are told and all will be perfect."

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101733 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So? It also says there was light. Plants can grow without sunlight, you know...
regardles of whether there was this magical light or not, the Earth was not formed and populated with plants before the sun was formed. this is a known fact.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#101734 Oct 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Omni (of all)+ potent (having great power)
It does not translate as having great power over >some< things unless you omit the prefix. You show a propensity for omitting relevant aspects of discussion.
To be honest, I did not even bother to look if you had answered the paradox of God's Rock. I worked it out when I was around 10, which was probably before your time. I was hoping you would unequivocally state an answer or at least a proposition on it ... Sorry, I should have known you wouldn't.
I temporarily forgot the online Xtian mantra, "Divert, deceive, deflect, ignore."
The question was Can God make a rock so large even He cannot lift it?

That argument is like the chicken and the egg argument because if God was all powerful then he’d be able to lift the rock. But by lifting the rock he would have failed to create a rock he could not lift.

It is a childish question and you prove so by saying you were pondering it when your were only 10.

“It is what it is”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#101735 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not at all. the
Earth was not formed and populated with plants before the sun was formed, as your cult's infallible god said happened.
how can your infallible god get his own creation story incorrect?
Tick you keep saying "God" said this or that. Do you have evidence that God said those things?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101736 Oct 20, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is the mountains were not pushed up that high until after the flood.
Oceans were not that deep until after the flood.
The whole Earth was covered with the Flood waters, and the world that then existed was destroyed by the very waters out of which the Earth had originally emerged at God's command (Genesis 1:9; 2 Peter 3:5-6). But where did those waters go after the Flood?
There are a number of Scripture passages that identify the Flood waters with the present-day seas (Amos 9:6 and Job 38:8-11 note “waves”). If the waters are still here, why are the highest mountains not still covered with water, as they were in Noah's day? Psalm 104 suggests an answer. After the waters covered the mountains (verse 6), God rebuked them and they fled (verse 7); the mountains rose, the valleys sank down (verse 8) and God set a boundary so that they will never again cover the Earth (verse 9)[1]. They are the same waters!
Isaiah gives this same statement that the waters of Noah would never again cover the Earth (Isaiah 54:9). Clearly, what the Bible is telling us is that God acted to alter the Earth's topography. New continental landmasses bearing new mountain chains of folded rock strata were uplifted from below the globe-encircling waters that had eroded and leveled the pre-Flood topography, while large deep ocean basin were formed to receive and accommodate the Flood waters that then drained off the emerging continents.
That is why the oceans are so deep, and why there are folded mountain ranges. Indeed, if the entire Earth's surface were leveled by smoothing out the topography of not only the land surface but also the rock surface on the ocean floor, the waters of the ocean would cover the Earth's surface to a depth of 1.7 miles (2.7 kilometers). We need to remember that nearly 70 percent of the Earth's surface is still covered by water. Quite clearly, then, the waters of Noah's Flood are in today's ocean basins.
there was no global flood in the time humans have been on this planet. proven fact.

your cult lied to you...again...

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101737 Oct 20, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Omni (of all)+ potent (having great power)
It does not translate as having great power over >some< things unless you omit the prefix. You show a propensity for omitting relevant aspects of discussion.
To be honest, I did not even bother to look if you had answered the paradox of God's Rock. I worked it out when I was around 10, which was probably before your time. I was hoping you would unequivocally state an answer or at least a proposition on it ... Sorry, I should have known you wouldn't.
I temporarily forgot the online Xtian mantra, "Divert, deceive, deflect, ignore."
"Can God create a rock too heavy for Him to lift" is a retarded question.

It's an 800 year old paradox that you atheists just love. Either way a person answers the question, you think you've got the "GOTCHA" moment.

If he can't create that rock, then he's not omnipotent. If he can't lift that rock he created, then he's not omnipotent.

I say it's a retarded question because it is. Saying that omnipotence requires the ability to do logically impossible things is stupid. God cannot turn truth into a lie. It makes no sense to ask if God could make a triangle that's spherical.

The Bible says that God cannot commit sin. God cannot lie. Therefore, biblical omnipotence does not mean that God can do all things.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101738 Oct 20, 2013
MADRONE wrote:
<quoted text>
It probably seems that way to a person with very limited education. You no doubt feel the same way about Geography and 'Rithmatic.
Ah, the good ole atheist "you're stupid" argument...

Nice red herring.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101739 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not at all. the
Earth was not formed and populated with plants before the sun was formed, as your cult's infallible god said happened.
how can your infallible god get his own creation story incorrect?
Am I just to take your word for it??

You're gonna make this claim, provide some evidence to back it up.

Primarily, provide evidence that "the
Earth was not formed and populated with plants before the sun was formed".

Go.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101740 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, all studies show that non-believers know more about the religious cults than those that profess to be members of those cults. cults like yours hate knowledge, hence the first lesson from your cult in the garden of eden: "do not seek knowledge, do exactly as you are told and all will be perfect."
Again, am I to take your word on that? Again with the no evidence??

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101741 Oct 20, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>regardles of whether there was this magical light or not, the Earth was not formed and populated with plants before the sun was formed. this is a known fact.
Again, just your word....

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101742 Oct 20, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is evidence, could you be confusing evidence with proof again?
T
Yes, the Bible is a source of evidence. So are my Aunt Petunia's farts. When it comes to geology they are both of about the same value.

If you want to claim that the Bible is evidence then you have to be able to show that that evidence is valid. Since the Bible has countless flaws in it I don't see how you could possibly do that.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101743 Oct 20, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, just your word....
no, you can research it for yourself if you do not fear knowledge.

the earth could not have been formed before the sun. none of the planets could have formed without the sun. perhaps you should study how solar systems form instead of your proven cult myths.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101744 Oct 20, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible is evidence, could you be confusing evidence with proof again?
if the bible is evidence,t hen so is every single creation myth and religious cult doctrine in the history of humans.

so you are really saying that there is evidence for a great turtle holding up the world. and gods living on top of a mountain in greece.

you really need to think before you type, but we know tha isn't going to happen, is it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 4 min andet1987 37,222
Word Association (Mar '10) 5 min andet1987 22,593
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 8 min Farmer Joe 27,587
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 9 min andet1987 13,726
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 10 min andet1987 6,940
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 12 min andet1987 8,636
Two words only please! (Aug '08) 15 min andet1987 41,754
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 3 hr Sublime1 223,429
Woman appreciate a man that.........? (Mar '15) 13 hr ralph 245
Things that make life eaiser... (Apr '15) 14 hr Rosa 983
Poll What are you thinking right now? (May '08) 14 hr Rosa 6,089
More from around the web