Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
drinK The hivE

New York, NY

#101630 Oct 19, 2013
Are We Talking About Sex?- I Don't Think So...

“Lets all play DantheDipshyts”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

game.of annoyance. It's fun.

#101631 Oct 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
proven false myths...no counter yet from any single human...movie time for me. i'm sure the facts to counter this will not arise during the next few hours, but i'll check back just to make sure...
good luck cult members and their supporters...(replay...)
Lets put this simply; They say the earth around 4.5 billions years old because they have tested/dated rocks here. They say the moon is around 4.5 billion years old because they have tested/dated rocks from there. They are roughly the same age. They say the sun is around 4.6 billion years old because they have tested/dated,,, nothing,,, but have made assumptions.

Any way you look at it they were all created/made/formed roughly at the same time. The difference between 4.5 billion and 4.6 billion is roughly a blink of an eye in time over that many years.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#101632 Oct 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, Santa does not use old reindeer:
http://reindeer.ws/info.htm
"The older bulls generally lose or “drop” their antlers first, usually late December or early January, with the remaining bulls following this process until as late as March. "
Not to mention the minor quibble that Christmas at the North Pole is dark 24/7

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#101633 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really. "exactly and only what it means"?!?
Serpent has several meanings, only one of which is snake.
1. A reptile of the order Serpentes; a snake.
2. often Serpent
a. In the Bible, the creature that tempted Eve.
b. Satan.
3. A subtle, sly, or treacherous person.
4. A firework that writhes while burning.
5. Music A deep-voiced wind instrument of serpentine shape, used principally from the 17th to 19th century, about 2.5 meters (8 feet) in length and made of brass or wood.
6. Serpent Serpens.
You were saying?
Pfft.

Lose the anthropomorhism and the allegory. Oh, and the extinct foghorn.

"Serpent" means "snake".

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101634 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not give me evidence, you gave your opinion.
And you don't even remember.
From the horse's mouth, as it were:
OPINION 1.
If you believe in an omnipotent god, yes then it is obvious that cannot be.
OPINION 2.
As I said grade school kids have debunked the idea.
OPINION 3.
Can God make a stone so big that he can't move it? Either way he is not omnipotent.
OPINION 4.
Your God is a failure on several levels.
OPINION 5.
But you were not honest.
OPINION 6.
Few creatards are, that is one mark of their idiocy.
OPINION 7.
The failed limited God of the Bible is just as likely as Zeus or Odin.
OPINION 8.
If you are honest you will admit that the only reason that you are a Christian is because you were born to Christian parents.
If you call these opinions of yours "evidence against God", you're nuts.
Another moron who does not know what evidence is.

Wrong, I gave you evidence. Go back and read the post.

Number 3 was an example, that is evidence you moron, not an opinion. The previous two statements were opinions based upon evidence. I can give you more evidence, but you did not deal with the simple evidence already given to you.

So called opinion number 5 is a proven fact. You have proven yourself to be dishonest by not replying to questions when others have responded to you.

So called opinion number 6 is another conclusion derived from the posts that you have made.

You really are not too bright, are you? You keep mixing opinions, facts, and conclusions under one category. I suppose if you are a denying idiot that might make you feel better.

And number 7 is again, not an opinion. That was a challenge and you failed. You have not been able to defend one iota of your failed faith.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101635 Oct 19, 2013
And again, number 8 was not an opinion. It was another conclusion based upon observation.

It was also a bit of a challenge.

Riverside Redneck, I don't mind helping you learn, but it looks like even if you did graduate from high school that you have lost most of the knowledge you were supposed to have gained there.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#101636 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Numbers 2 & 3.....
1. A reptile of the order Serpentes; a snake.
2. often Serpent
a. In the Bible, the creature that tempted Eve.
b. Satan.
3. A subtle, sly, or treacherous person.
4. A firework that writhes while burning.
5. Music A deep-voiced wind instrument of serpentine shape, used principally from the 17th to 19th century, about 2.5 meters (8 feet) in length and made of brass or wood.
6. Serpent Serpens.
Oh, and "Serpent serpens" is a myth - unless you're referring to, say, Ophiuchus.

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#101637 Oct 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So all snakes are deep-voiced wind instruments?
No - now they're all talking jackasses and singing shrubbery.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101638 Oct 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>movie delayed...why would an infallible god get the chronolgy wrong?
why would he divinely inspire his human writers to get it wrong?
why can you not counter these facts?our cult lied to you...again...
You're focused on chronology. Why?

What movie are ya watching? Today I watched Pacific Rim (awesome) and After Earth (terrible).

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101639 Oct 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pfft.
"Serpent" means "snake".
OMG I just gave you six definitions for serpent. Why are you being so obtuse?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#101640 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just the way science goes. It proves itself wrong in what seems a daily basis.
There are so many 'science used to know' examples, it's hilarious.
Like science used to 'know' insects are made from rotting meat. And they taught that as 'fact'.
Nowadays, science tells us that humans are 200,000 years old. Then they find a 2 million year old human fossil.
What science 'knows' is unreliable.
Only someone well practiced in being a dolt would think that Genesis was originally written in American.
The word "serpent" is not in Genesis, the Pentateuch or anywhere else in the Torah. No one ever said that Australopithecus afarensis was a homo sapiens except the liars for Jesus bloggers and supporters who don't realize they are making themselves look even more idiotic.
With your remedial redneck grasp of languages, history and science, I suppose that next you'll say that Chanel is French for perfume and that Edison invented the LED light bulb.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101641 Oct 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Another moron who does not know what evidence is.
Wrong, I gave you evidence. Go back and read the post.
Number 3 was an example, that is evidence you moron, not an opinion. The previous two statements were opinions based upon evidence. I can give you more evidence, but you did not deal with the simple evidence already given to you.
"OPINION 3.
Can God make a stone so big that he can't move it? Either way he is not omnipotent."

How do consider that a fact?

There ARE things even God cannot do, defying logic is one of them, as is the skeptic favorite, "create a rock he can't lift". He also can't make a spherical square....

Again, where's the evidence of your claim here?
So called opinion number 5 is a proven fact. You have proven yourself to be dishonest by not replying to questions when others have responded to you.
"OPINION 5.
But you were not honest."

I'm always honest. What you think of my honesty is your opinion, not a fact.
So called opinion number 6 is another conclusion derived from the posts that you have made.[QUOTE]

"OPINION 6.
Few creatards are, that is one mark of their idiocy."

Still your opinion.

I know you disagree, but in order to be truly factual, you'll have to present the evidence.

So far, crickets.

[QUOTE] You really are not too bright, are you? You keep mixing opinions, facts, and conclusions under one category. I suppose if you are a denying idiot that might make you feel better.
Another opinion. I'll bet you'll call it a fact, though.
And number 7 is again, not an opinion. That was a challenge and you failed. You have not been able to defend one iota of your failed faith.
"OPINION 7.
The failed limited God of the Bible is just as likely as Zeus or Odin."

I can't 'defend' your opinion.

You believe God is
1) failed
2) limited
3) likely as Zeus or Odin

That's your belief, duder.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101642 Oct 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
And again, number 8 was not an opinion. It was another conclusion based upon observation.
It was also a bit of a challenge.
Riverside Redneck, I don't mind helping you learn, but it looks like even if you did graduate from high school that you have lost most of the knowledge you were supposed to have gained there.
"OPINION 8.
If you are honest you will admit that the only reason that you are a Christian is because you were born to Christian parents."

You don't know me. You don't even know my name. Your opinion is that I'm a Christian only because my parents were.

That's not a challenge, that's your opinion.

Wanna see it reversed?

I could say that you're an atheist only because a girlfriend of yours was. Is that a fact? No. That's an opinion.

You clearly don't know the difference between fact and opinion.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101643 Oct 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Oh, and "Serpent serpens" is a myth - unless you're referring to, say, Ophiuchus.
Yes, it's a constellation.

And another definition of 'serpent'.

Why is it so damn difficult for you to understand that the word 'serpent' has several meanings? Do you get pissed at sitting on a bank of a river and not being able to withdraw any cash?

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#101644 Oct 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pfft.
"Serpent" means "snake".
Even more to the point, nachash means snake. Not that it matters, since circa 4,000+ years ago there was nothing close to modern taxonomy. "Snake" and "serpent" would have been interchangeable terms, had those words even existed. In either case, snakes can't hear (or lip read), and even though a legless lizard can hear airborne sounds, no reptile is physiologically able to form words.
Obviously. Equally obvious, reality is not a fundamentalist's bailiwick.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101645 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"OPINION 3.
Can God make a stone so big that he can't move it? Either way he is not omnipotent."
How do consider that a fact?
There ARE things even God cannot do, defying logic is one of them, as is the skeptic favorite, "create a rock he can't lift". He also can't make a spherical square....
Again, where's the evidence of your claim here?
<quoted text>
"OPINION 5.
But you were not honest."
I'm always honest. What you think of my honesty is your opinion, not a fact.
<quoted text>
Another opinion. I'll bet you'll call it a fact, though.
<quoted text>
"OPINION 7.
The failed limited God of the Bible is just as likely as Zeus or Odin."
I can't 'defend' your opinion.
You believe God is
1) failed
2) limited
3) likely as Zeus or Odin
That's your belief, duder.
Even when I feed you the correct terms you cannot use them.

That any god can or cannot make a stone so big that he cannot move it is not a "fact" it is an example of logical evidence that omnipotence is impossible.

Second, you are not honest. You would have honestly answered about what sort of god you believe in if you were.

The reason your belief in your god is failed is that you have failed him. You have shown no reason why he is any likelier than Zeus or Odin

I don't have any beliefs in any gods. It is your flawed beliefs that have been shown to be fatally flawed.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101646 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"OPINION 8.
If you are honest you will admit that the only reason that you are a Christian is because you were born to Christian parents."
You don't know me. You don't even know my name. Your opinion is that I'm a Christian only because my parents were.
That's not a challenge, that's your opinion.
Wanna see it reversed?
I could say that you're an atheist only because a girlfriend of yours was. Is that a fact? No. That's an opinion.
You clearly don't know the difference between fact and opinion.
Nope, I know you. White, uneducated, has a tough time reading without moving your lips.

Try to tell me honestly that you were not brought up Christian. And no, I did not have an atheist girl friend. Unlike you I can think for myself.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101647 Oct 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Even when I feed you the correct terms you cannot use them.
That any god can or cannot make a stone so big that he cannot move it is not a "fact" it is an example of logical evidence that omnipotence is impossible.
Second, you are not honest. You would have honestly answered about what sort of god you believe in if you were.
The reason your belief in your god is failed is that you have failed him. You have shown no reason why he is any likelier than Zeus or Odin
I don't have any beliefs in any gods. It is your flawed beliefs that have been shown to be fatally flawed.
Why? Omnipotence is having very great OR unlimited power.

God is omnipotent, He has very great power. But there are several things even God can't do, like lying or making a spherical square.

So you might as well stop it with your assertions of "God can't do anything so he's not real" bullshit.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101648 Oct 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:

Nope, I know you. White, uneducated, has a tough time reading without moving your lips.
You're only right on the first one.

See what I mean about your assumptions taking you over?
Try to tell me honestly that you were not brought up Christian.
I was brought up Christian, but I nearly gave it up in my early 20s, against my dad's wishes.
And no, I did not have an atheist girl friend. Unlike you I can think for myself.

Huh? So if one has an atheist girlfriend that means they can't think for themselves?

O_o

“Lets all play DantheDipshyts”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

game.of annoyance. It's fun.

#101649 Oct 19, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Only someone well practiced in being a dolt would think that Genesis was originally written in American.
The word "serpent" is not in Genesis, the Pentateuch or anywhere else in the Torah. No one ever said that Australopithecus afarensis was a homo sapiens except the liars for Jesus bloggers and supporters who don't realize they are making themselves look even more idiotic.
With your remedial redneck grasp of languages, history and science, I suppose that next you'll say that Chanel is French for perfume and that Edison invented the LED light bulb.
Genesis 3:1 all versions use "serpent" but two. One uses snake and one uses the shining one. Though I don't know how it was original written.

New International Version - serpent
New Living Translation- serpent
English Standard Version - serpent
New American Standard Bible - serpent
King James Bible - serpent
Holman Christian Standard Bible - serpent
International Standard Version - The shining one
NET Bible - serpent
GOD'S WORD® Translation - snake
Jubilee Bible 2000 - serpent
King James 2000 Bible - serpent
American King James Version - serpent
American Standard Version - serpent
Douay-Rheims Bible - serpent
Darby Bible Translation - serpent
English Revised Version - serpent
Webster's Bible Translation - serpent
World English Bible - serpent
Young's Literal Translation - serpent

http://biblehub.com/genesis/3-1.htm

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
True or False Game 1 min Hoosier Hillbilly 1,312
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 5 min Hoosier Hillbilly 7,816
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 6 min Princess Hey 461
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 7 min Bree_Z 152,878
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 13 min Princess Hey 6,920
Why isn't Harly in Cuba like she said 14 min shes a pig faced cow 0
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 15 min Princess Hey 296
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 37,788
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr -Lea- 26,019
Is it possible to....... 1 hr Laughing Out Loud 615