Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
96,001 - 96,020 of 112,810 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Why didn't plants ever evolve to use all light waves to produce food?
This mutation never happened in billions of years?
Because it is a physical impossibility.

It seems that you, like Urb, need some to learn what the Laws of Thermodynamics have to say about this.

Now you have shown yourself not only to be clueless about evolution, but about physics as well.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Why didn't minnows ever evolve to not be lunch for all other fish?
Did they never mutate?
Minnows around for billions of years and still the same, just minnows.
Why? What is wrong here?
What is wrong is that you don't have a very broad knowledge of animal diversity, mutations or evolution.

Colorado pikeminnow (Ptychocheilus lucius). This little minnow grows up to 6 feet long.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:

Both plants and minnows are ENORMOUSLY successful in reproduction, and maintaining species viability.

The very fact that plants and minnows HAVE been here for billions of years attests to that!

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
What light waves do plants use in photosynthesis? Are you referring to wavelengths? Tell us what you know.

Why do you seem to think that just because something might be possible (and I don't believe that your example is) that it is compelled to happen. Evolution doesn't work that way. You might as well ask a stupid question like "Why don't deer have bear-proof armor?".

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Both plants and minnows are ENORMOUSLY successful in reproduction, and maintaining species viability.
The very fact that plants and minnows HAVE been here for billions of years attests to that!
Hundreds of millions, not billions, but otherwise correct.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Did they never mutate?
Why? What is wrong here?
why haven't humans evolve to not be lunch for other mammals?

did they never mutate?

why wouldn't your god have made it so humans are not eaten by other animals?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>why haven't humans evolve to not be lunch for other mammals?
did they never mutate?
why wouldn't your god have made it so humans are not eaten by other animals?
My question would be why would a god make a bio-system that forced animals to prey on each other , killing and eating them. While giving the ultimate apex predator a conscious that makes them feel guilty for doing so.
But having a carnal lust for eating the flesh of other creatures, it being a necessary function to survive. It does not fit the premise of being created by a loving god, in fact if there is one ...
It's a cruel and twisted monster for forcing the biosphere and it's inhabitants to a never ending chain of kill or be killed.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
It's logic that say's it is more likely that something that was never alive, may become living, more so than something that is dead will become living.
Consider these things ... What do animals do in reproduction?
They convert nonliving matter into a living entity.
Once something is truly dead , it starts decomposing and there is
no recovery from this condition. Take frostbite for instance, the cells that have died start decomposing, the only solution to stop this condition from encompassing the entire organism. Is to remove the dead parts or die.
The fact we cant make a pile of ingredients become alive artificially, doesn't mean it is impossible. Just beyond our ability at the moment.
But the fact something is dead, means it's coming back to life is impossible. If some appears to have died and comes back to life, it means it was never truly dead, but was in appearance alone
mistakenly believed to be so.
It's just that simple.
Logic! you are not in the same country with logic! Both are dead! dumbass,it would be no greater feat for a dead animal to come back to life than a bunch of disorganized puddles to spring to life! You are clothed in such a suit of denial you will grasp at anything no matter how unscientific , illogical , and unproven to prop up your religious beliefs. Then in a final desperate spasm of idiocy you bring up the fact of reproduction to stupidly support a fools argument. Hey Idiot! that argument supports CREATION! life has been shown only to reproduce through existing life! That's NEVER been disproven!, yet you try to use that as evidence for abiogenesis! What a brainwashed fool

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Try writing your questions in English. What you claim has nothing to do with evolution. Or even abiogenesis. All you have done is to show how ignorant you are about the science that you are disputing.
And blowfart all you have is hit and run. Your methods are as malodorous as your user name.
Answer the question dumbass, I haven't claimed anything .. its your own words I'm using! How can something that was alive then dead not be able to come back to life, yet something that was never alive can? These are your words! You are not ignorant ,no,...you are just taking comically stupid positions to defend your beliefs. Then when your stupidity is exposed you accuse others of ignorance! Pitiful

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
bohart as a believer in God let me tell you something. I wonder why all the time since he is so mighty that bad things happen to good people. I lost one brother when I was 14, my Dad when I was 18, my mother when I was 45 and my other brother when I was 46. Did I do something wrong for them to be taken for I damn sure know they didn't do anything wrong. I have broke many commandments do to situations I have been put in. So why not let them all live and take me is my question? I have faith but many times it is hard to carry that faith when many things weigh you down.
I couldn't begin to answer, it's a question that thinking people have wondered about for ages. I suppose to have the answer would be to know the mind of God, and in this life man isn't capable of it.Perhaps the book of Job is as close as we'll get here on earth to an answer. Good luck.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic! you are not in the same country with logic! Both are dead! dumbass,it would be no greater feat for a dead animal to come back to life than a bunch of disorganized puddles to spring to life! You are clothed in such a suit of denial you will grasp at anything no matter how unscientific , illogical , and unproven to prop up your religious beliefs. Then in a final desperate spasm of idiocy you bring up the fact of reproduction to stupidly support a fools argument. Hey Idiot! that argument supports CREATION! life has been shown only to reproduce through existing life! That's NEVER been disproven!, yet you try to use that as evidence for abiogenesis! What a brainwashed fool
Actually all the evidence of my assertion is real. There is zero chance of dead tissue coming back to life after tissue degeneration has taken place. But this window can be as little as 45 minutes or extended in very cool conditions. It has been found clinically dead can be revived , but the brain degenerates very quickly , if the victim cannot be revived in this window, degeneration makes it impossible.

But on the other side we know the chemicals and compounds can assemble into living organisms, life itself is testament of that.
The key to building life has been discovered, and even some of the process, but this knowledge isn't quite detailed enough to reproduce what happen. But this will be solved soon, and you will with your jaw blabbing denial and religious belief left in the utter stupidity, that you repeat mindlessly like the thrall of the imaginary god you worshiper you are.

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question dumbass, I haven't claimed anything .. its your own words I'm using! How can something that was alive then dead not be able to come back to life, yet something that was never alive can? These are your words! You are not ignorant ,no,...you are just taking comically stupid positions to defend your beliefs. Then when your stupidity is exposed you accuse others of ignorance! Pitiful
Moron, try again.

Clearly you do not understand abiogenesis. Clearly you do not understand evolution. In fact you do not even understand what spontaneous generation is or isn't.

Try to ask a proper question idiot and you will get a proper answer. If you keep on asking questions like an idiot I will simply point out that you are being an idiot.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it would suck to have to re-write all that they have said is the way it was. lol
I wouldn't suck. Anymore than Einstein trumping Newton. It would just lead to a deeper understanding. Which is the intent of science.

Discussing what I posted would have been more useful than just one more smart remark from you.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Donner, and Prancer and Vixen...
You want to believe in Santa clause then thatís entirely up to you

Funny how the story gives them antlers in December, musts be god magic

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Did they never mutate?
Why? What is wrong here?
Because thatís life.

Yes

Nope, just millions of years

Absolutely nothing wrong here, but if you want o believe god screwed up then thatís fine?

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Because there is no need.

Are you really this daft or is it an act for topix?

Why has you god never appeared in public to dispel a myth?

Level 9

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to believe in Santa clause then thatís entirely up to you
Funny how the story gives them antlers in December, musts be god magic
Nope, Santa does not use old reindeer:

http://reindeer.ws/info.htm

"The older bulls generally lose or ďdropĒ their antlers first, usually late December or early January, with the remaining bulls following this process until as late as March. "

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Ironically as a non-creationist I'm one of the few who defends the original intentions of the intellectual works of the authors themselves, who've had their work taken out of context for millenia by the "faithful". The fundies only fight for the fundies but who's gonna fight for the fundies?
:-(
If fundies would/could honestly and objectively consider their source there would be far fewer arguments. Unfortunately, they are incorrigible.

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> My question would be why would a god make a bio-system that forced animals to prey on each other , killing and eating them. While giving the ultimate apex predator a conscious that makes them feel guilty for doing so.
But having a carnal lust for eating the flesh of other creatures, it being a necessary function to survive. It does not fit the premise of being created by a loving god, in fact if there is one ...
It's a cruel and twisted monster for forcing the biosphere and it's inhabitants to a never ending chain of kill or be killed.
ever read "Oryx and Crake" by Margaret Atwood? or The Year of the Flood"? I'm just starting her new third of the trilogy, "MaddAddam".

In the series, humans have created such a species...

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
unless you believe life always existed in our universe, it had to come from non-living matter at one point...

logic is fun!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••