Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
95,981 - 96,000 of 113,003 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>Science only complements the Work of the creator. Can science create a natural human brain?
Science describes by observation and testing, it creates understanding.
You claim that a god creates something/anything/everything. You cannot understand it, only believe it. You cannot demonstrate or explain it as anything that is of substance.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right I don't. What's a non-snake serpent?
At least I was correct about it not being a snake.
The Bible doesn't say serpent in the first place, the English translation does. What difference to the POINT does it make if the Bible references a talking nachash, a talking serpent or a talking snake, anyway? It's just that tired old ploy from the apologist playbook. Distract, divert, ignore.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
"Am not I thine ass,"
Numbers 22
28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay.
Come on, Igor... you can't take it literally. You need to "interpret" it in a way that doesn't sound batshit crazy!

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
And Brahmha andů, andů, andů
Donner, and Prancer and Vixen...

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Baby lemons do
I stand corrected.

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Come on, Igor... you can't take it literally. You need to "interpret" it in a way that doesn't sound batshit crazy!
But the whole of Numbers 22 IS batshite crazy - even without the talking donkey.
And yeah, I expect to get clueless and nuts judgits from religies who won't even read it - but that's just the normal run of the mill batshite crazy.

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Come on, Igor... you can't take it literally. You need to "interpret" it in a way that doesn't sound batshit crazy!
Of course things tend to be exgagerated over time. I think what most likely happened is the ass, fed up with the beatings, kicked him square in the crotch. End of story.
endtimes

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

SEPT 2014 :---SIGNS of Tribulation "start"

http://youtu.be/xO_Sk9CzFkY

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course things tend to be exgagerated over time. I think what most likely happened is the ass, fed up with the beatings, kicked him square in the crotch. End of story.
Usually talking animal stories have some kind of moral message. Which lesson do we get from this one? "An ass is smarter than a messenger of God", or "Do what God tells you to do, not what God tells you to do"?

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
But the whole of Numbers 22 IS batshite crazy - even without the talking donkey.
And yeah, I expect to get clueless and nuts judgits from religies who won't even read it - but that's just the normal run of the mill batshite crazy.
LOL! Good point

Level 2

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

This is absolutely hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Croco_Duck wrote:
Holy crap!{pun intended} They were serious!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Croco_Duck wrote:
Damn. Somebody actually tithes money to Willie George Ministries? And they know what they do with it? Damn...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
The Bible doesn't say serpent in the first place, the English translation does. What difference to the POINT does it make if the Bible references a talking nachash, a talking serpent or a talking snake, anyway? It's just that tired old ploy from the apologist playbook. Distract, divert, ignore.
Indeed. Ironically as a non-creationist I'm one of the few who defends the original intentions of the intellectual works of the authors themselves, who've had their work taken out of context for millenia by the "faithful". The fundies only fight for the fundies but who's gonna fight for the fundies?

:-(
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

TerryL wrote:
Yeah, because obviously the invisible magic Jewish wizard used ventriloquism on that serpent, bush and donkey, but Noah really did squeeze all those animals onto the boat when he was 800 years old!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

endtimes wrote:
SEPT 2014 :---SIGNS of Tribulation "start"
http://youtu.be/xO_Sk9CzFkY
Looks more like signs of dementia.(shrug)

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to be quite a but of disagreement over this and I have strong reservations. For example from:
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/oct/1...
"The site was a busy watering hole that human ancestors shared with giant extinct cheetahs, sabre-toothed cats and other beasts. The remains of the individuals were found in collapsed dens where carnivores had apparently dragged the carcasses to eat."
If it was a "busy watering hole" would it not be a possibility that any number of different species of early human ancestors frequented the site?
"They are thought to have died within a few hundred years of one another."
Given that the fossils were dated to 1.8m years ago and given the accuracy of dating methods, I find to hard to accept that they could claim the individuals died within a few hundred years of each other. I seriously doubt this.
I'll await further research.
Yeah it would suck to have to re-write all that they have said is the way it was. lol

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Why didn't minnows ever evolve to not be lunch for all other fish?

Did they never mutate?

Minnows around for billions of years and still the same, just minnows.

Why? What is wrong here?

Level 1

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

Why didn't plants ever evolve to use all light waves to produce food?

This mutation never happened in billions of years?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Why didn't minnows ever evolve to not be lunch for all other fish?
Did they never mutate?
Minnows around for billions of years and still the same, just minnows.
Why? What is wrong here?
Nothing. If minnows can still survive that long, and in actuality it has been much shorter for any species of minnows, then they have successfully filled their niche.

Too bad that you have no clue what the theory of evolution is about. You have no chance of debunking the theory if you don't understand it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••