Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101529 Oct 19, 2013
bohart wrote:
Answer the question dumbass, I haven't claimed anything ..
Yes you have. You claimed life ALWAYS comes from life. Evidence indicates otherwise. Your own religion claims otherwise. Twice. Since remember that God did NOT come from another life-form either, being immortal and eternal and all that.

Again, your hypocrisy is noted.
bohart wrote:
its your own words I'm using! How can something that was alive then dead not be able to come back to life, yet something that was never alive can? These are your words! You are not ignorant ,no,...you are just taking comically stupid positions to defend your beliefs. Then when your stupidity is exposed you accuse others of ignorance! Pitiful
Scientific fact demonstrates that non-living compounds are converted into life. And this happens on an every-day basis all over the entire planet.

In a sense some dead things can come back to life. For instance the components that make up your body may be reincarnated into a worm after you die.

If you wish to avoid that (and avoid living again) I would suggest cremation.(shrug)

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101530 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Air and ionizing radiation can be seen...
Yer turn...
ChristineM wrote:

Prove it?Ė
Fog, which is more than air can be seen, Pollution can sometimes be seen, Movement of air can distort the perception of distance. Movement, pollution and fog are not air.
And ionising radiation? The effects of radiation can be seen but the radiation itself cannot be seen. Itís wavelength is far too high for the human eye to register. I believe we have had a similar discussion before over whether light can be seen and I provided copious evidence and you provided none, then you shut up about it fro some reason.
Is this the circle of life that is christianity? Wow, you really are a numbskull arenít you?
I did not ask you to prove it. I know that air and ionizing radiation can be seen, which is why I said air and ionizing radiation can be seen....
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101531 Oct 19, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
I couldn't begin to answer, it's a question that thinking people have wondered about for ages. I suppose to have the answer would be to know the mind of God, and in this life man isn't capable of it.Perhaps the book of Job is as close as we'll get here on earth to an answer. Good luck.
Oh man, gotta love the irony!

But Bo, you claim to know the mind of God all the time. You claim that God never did abiogenesis.

Stop telling God what to do.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101532 Oct 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
tick we are talking about this new 1.8 million-year-old skull that has been found.
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/did-human-fami...
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/oct/1...
Of course the problem with this is that creatards are misunderstanding what this finding tells us. It in no way threatens the theory of evolution. There may be fewer species of ancestors than we thought we had, but that is a big jump to take out of a few fossils found at one site.

Of course if you are a creationist grasping at straws is as close as they ever come to a victory.

Level 1

Location hidden

#101533 Oct 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right I don't. What's a non-snake serpent?
At least I was correct about it not being a snake.
My ex-wife is a serpent.

One of the meanings of "serpent" is a sly or treacherous person.

Not all serpents are snakes, but all snakes are serpents.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101534 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Numbers 2 & 3.....
1. A reptile of the order Serpentes; a snake.
2. often Serpent
a. In the Bible, the creature that tempted Eve.
b. Satan.
3. A subtle, sly, or treacherous person.
4. A firework that writhes while burning.
5. Music A deep-voiced wind instrument of serpentine shape, used principally from the 17th to 19th century, about 2.5 meters (8 feet) in length and made of brass or wood.
6. Serpent Serpens.
any talking serpents in the real world?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101535 Oct 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
What is wrong here?
You lack of education, and the fact you don't care.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101536 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So? I can't see you, either. Is it fair to say that you can be invisible?
Derp
zero bearing on the fact that air can be, and often is invisible.

Level 1

Location hidden

#101537 Oct 19, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
Both plants and minnows are ENORMOUSLY successful in reproduction, and maintaining species viability.
The very fact that plants and minnows HAVE been here for billions of years attests to that!
Kong_ wrote:
The very fact that plants and minnows HAVE been here for billions of years attests to that!
HA HA HA!!!!!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101538 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really. "exactly and only what it means"?!?
Serpent has several meanings, only one of which is snake.
1. A reptile of the order Serpentes; a snake.
2. often Serpent
a. In the Bible, the creature that tempted Eve.
b. Satan.
3. A subtle, sly, or treacherous person.
4. A firework that writhes while burning.
5. Music A deep-voiced wind instrument of serpentine shape, used principally from the 17th to 19th century, about 2.5 meters (8 feet) in length and made of brass or wood.
6. Serpent Serpens.
You were saying?
And what species was the serpent that tempted Adam and Eve?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101539 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My ex-wife is a serpent.
So all snakes are deep-voiced wind instruments?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#101540 Oct 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
tick we are talking about this new 1.8 million-year-old skull that has been found.
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/did-human-fami...
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/oct/1...
Yeah but that exactly what evolution says is going to happen, but the trend is toward a change in the entire population. We still see this variety in humans of today, some look remarkably Cro-Magnon while others look almost apish, and others more modern looking. There is no clear defining lines drawn and every specimen is a transitional creature.

Level 1

Location hidden

#101541 Oct 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course the problem with this is that creatards are misunderstanding what this finding tells us. It in no way threatens the theory of evolution. There may be fewer species of ancestors than we thought we had, but that is a big jump to take out of a few fossils found at one site.
Of course if you are a creationist grasping at straws is as close as they ever come to a victory.
That's just the way science goes. It proves itself wrong in what seems a daily basis.

There are so many 'science used to know' examples, it's hilarious.

Like science used to 'know' insects are made from rotting meat. And they taught that as 'fact'.

Nowadays, science tells us that humans are 200,000 years old. Then they find a 2 million year old human fossil.

What science 'knows' is unreliable.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#101542 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My ex-wife is a serpent.
Your ex was a three legged woman? Shame on you you naughty boy...lol

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101543 Oct 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I just got back from a week in Phoenix. the air there is very visible...but it's a dry smog...
Real BigT

Kingston, TN

#101544 Oct 19, 2013
my creations are always evolving

Level 1

Location hidden

#101545 Oct 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
Uh-huh.

So because DNA is invisible to your eyes, it's invisible?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101546 Oct 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a given that creationists are gonna jump all over this one and pretend it's something that it isn't. The specifics of 1.8 million years of evolution for one particular lineage is unclear while the other 3.4 billion years of evolution remains completely and utterly and totally unaffected by this discovery. Of course none of this helps Goddidit with magic in any way whatsoever, especially for Young-Earthers who predicted that none of this should even exist anyway since they think the universe wasn't even here then.

Level 1

Location hidden

#101547 Oct 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>any talking serpents in the real world?
Obama

Level 1

Location hidden

#101548 Oct 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:

And what species was the serpent that tempted Adam and Eve?
Unknown. It's only called a serpent.

And ignorant people translate that to snake.

*shrugs*

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 3 min dragoon70056 2,196
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 6 min Denny CranesPlace 17,415
10,000th Post WINS 4.0 (Apr '12) 10 min NotaGoth 5,072
True or False Game 11 min AmyFaith 316
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 23 min Denny CranesPlace 36,786
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 31 min Zwiebel 9,116
Word Association. (Nov '10) 32 min Zwiebel 16,678
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 53 min A Noted Ferrerman 22,198
Dog interrupts weather forecast 54 min Sally Brown 3
Puppy-sized spider spotted in South America 1 hr Sally Brown 19