Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 210136 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101588 Oct 19, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text> As far as the point under discussion, it hasn't happened as yet. But don't let that stop you from criticizing the very science that you are now usi8ng.
Which is why I said "There may be less species of man than they claimed, from evidence there were."

"may be" being key words.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101589 Oct 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the real world, obviously you do not reside here...
In the real world, politicians are good, honest people?!

No, I don't live in that make-believe land.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101590 Oct 19, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah! The "You're wasting your time" thing again.
Not really. It is more of pointing out BS. One cannot say they don't care what creationists think if they constantly respond to them with criticism.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101591 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Please demonstrate how the Bible proves God is false.
really?! you haven't read it or you couldn't understand it?

the infallible god they attempt to create is proven wrong when he cannot accurately describe his own creation event. need i give you more examples? if so, how bout the Noachian flood? it never happened, why would an infallible god lie about that/

why would an infallible god change his mind about so many rules and ways of following him, as the god(s) of the bible did?

good luck with those...there are many more if you care....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101592 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
In the real world, politicians are good, honest people?!
No, I don't live in that make-believe land.
the ones that represent me are. but then i have been involved in the grass roots level of picking our candidates for a long time...

participation in our process makes the difference, you probably don't even vote, and if you do it seems you really are not aware enough to make a reasoned choice, just another complacent member of the US electorate, the bane of our nation....

AIias - Trish
Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#101593 Oct 19, 2013
Hey Ya'll

What's shakin'?
I mean who's winnin'?

You know what I mean.
Having a blessed day and here's some trishful thinking you all are as well no matter what side of this debate you are on.

Did you hear the White House is gonna open back up for tourist visits. Anybody lQQking for a job???

Whoa !

;~)

AIias - Trish
Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#101594 Oct 19, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
It is.
<quoted text>
I never said you did.
<quoted text>
Nor that. No points for you.
<quoted text>
Yet you constantly criticize it.
<quoted text>
No shit, Sherlock. But it has been right more often than not. And that *IS* a fact.
<quoted text>
If you can remember back more than a few seconds, doofus, you will recall I just disagreed with some findings. So you accusing me of swallowing every pill that science throws out is a flat out bullshit. But you just swallowed it.
<quoted text>
Amusing how quick you are to jump on this "science is wrong again" bandwagon without confirmation. Face it, you *DO* dislike science and you love to pounce on anything that might show it to be wrong. You swallowed the "skull" pill.
Note that I have not.
<quoted text>
As far as the point under discussion, it hasn't happened as yet. But don't let that stop you from criticizing the very science that you are now usi8ng.
;~)

Hey Mike,
Hope you are well. It's been four years now since I've been down to my Gulfport, Florida santuary,... can't help wonder about the weather.

In the middle of the states as I am now we are predicted (farmers word) a very harsh winter as compared with past couple of years. Dang, I sure do miss your state much.

:)

AIias - Trish
Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#101595 Oct 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the ones that represent me are. but then i have been involved in the grass roots level of picking our candidates for a long time...
participation in our process makes the difference, you probably don't even vote, and if you do it seems you really are not aware enough to make a reasoned choice, just another complacent member of the US electorate, the bane of our nation....
A count down to our next erection.
Woopee!

AIias - Trish
Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

#101596 Oct 19, 2013
OH DANG !!!

Ooops and autocorrect.

:O

... Nevermind

;\

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101597 Oct 19, 2013
AIias - Trish wrote:
Hey Ya'll
What's shakin'?
I mean who's winnin'?
You know what I mean.
Having a blessed day and here's some trishful thinking you all are as well no matter what side of this debate you are on.
Did you hear the White House is gonna open back up for tourist visits. Anybody lQQking for a job???
Whoa !
;~)
is there really a debate between verifiable evidence and proven myths?

not really...

one cannot get a job on a tourist visa unless some US citizen hires them illegally...ch is the cause of our immigration problem...

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101598 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Please demonstrate how the Bible proves God is false.
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>really?! you haven't read it or you couldn't understand it?
the infallible god they attempt to create is proven wrong when he cannot accurately describe his own creation event. need i give you more examples? if so, how bout the Noachian flood? it never happened, why would an infallible god lie about that/
why would an infallible god change his mind about so many rules and ways of following him, as the god(s) of the bible did?
good luck with those...there are many more if you care....
Hey, that's great.

Please demonstrate how the Bible proves God is false.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101599 Oct 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the ones that represent me are. but then i have been involved in the grass roots level of picking our candidates for a long time...
participation in our process makes the difference, you probably don't even vote, and if you do it seems you really are not aware enough to make a reasoned choice, just another complacent member of the US electorate, the bane of our nation....
You assume I don't vote just like you assume the Bible proves God is false.

Do you have any facts or are you just Mr Assumption?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101600 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently all you people can do is talk about it and not offer up your supposed evidence...
Really? Are you that dense?

Oh wait, you are a creatard, my bad.

If you believe in an omnipotent god, yes then it is obvious that cannot be. As I said grade school kids have debunked the idea. Can God make a stone so big that he can't move it? Either way he is not omnipotent.

An omniscient god is also debunked by the Bible. God would not have failed in his creation. If he failed he should have known it was his fault and he would not have punished his creation.

Your God is a failure on several levels.

But you were not honest. Few creatards are, that is one mark of their idiocy. You never admitted which god you believed in.

Do you believe in the obviously failed limited god of the Bible or do you believe in the Christians idealized God? The latter is the one that has been shown not to exist.

The failed limited God of the Bible is just as likely as Zeus or Odin. So now you are faced with the dilemma of why you do not believe in the millions of other gods yet you believe in one. What evidence supports your belief? What evidence do you have against other gods? If you are honest you will admit that the only reason that you are a Christian is because you were born to Christian parents.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101601 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You assume I don't vote just like you assume the Bible proves God is false.
Do you have any facts or are you just Mr Assumption?
no assumption involved. i gave you the facts that prove the god of your cult is a proven false myth.

i notice you couldn't counter any of the facts i gave you...why is that?

you worship a proven false idol...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101602 Oct 19, 2013
AIias - Trish wrote:
<quoted text>
A count down to our next erection.
Woopee!
yes. another election decided by the complacent electorate on who could afford the most TV commercials with the most US flags waving in the backround...

democratic representation via the boob tube remote control....

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101603 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Please demonstrate how the Bible proves God is false.
<quoted text>
Hey, that's great.
Please demonstrate how the Bible proves God is false.
how could your cult's infallible god get his own creation story wrong? we know the way it is described by your cult's god isn't eh way it happened...

please explain...

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101604 Oct 19, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Are you that dense?
Oh wait, you are a creatard, my bad.
If you believe in an omnipotent god, yes then it is obvious that cannot be. As I said grade school kids have debunked the idea. Can God make a stone so big that he can't move it? Either way he is not omnipotent.
An omniscient god is also debunked by the Bible. God would not have failed in his creation. If he failed he should have known it was his fault and he would not have punished his creation.
Your God is a failure on several levels.
But you were not honest. Few creatards are, that is one mark of their idiocy. You never admitted which god you believed in.
Do you believe in the obviously failed limited god of the Bible or do you believe in the Christians idealized God? The latter is the one that has been shown not to exist.
The failed limited God of the Bible is just as likely as Zeus or Odin. So now you are faced with the dilemma of why you do not believe in the millions of other gods yet you believe in one. What evidence supports your belief? What evidence do you have against other gods? If you are honest you will admit that the only reason that you are a Christian is because you were born to Christian parents.
You understand that this is only your opinion, yes?

I find it a strange opinion, but I ain't gonna judge ya.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101605 Oct 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> no assumption involved. i gave you the facts that prove the god of your cult is a proven false myth.
i notice you couldn't counter any of the facts i gave you...why is that?
you worship a proven false idol...
HA! You gave no facts, you asserted that you think the creation event details aren't good enough and concluded that God is false because of that.

O_o

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101606 Oct 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how could your cult's infallible god get his own creation story wrong? we know the way it is described by your cult's god isn't eh way it happened...
please explain...
You "know" that's not the way it happened?

How so?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101607 Oct 19, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You "know" that's not the way it happened?
How so?
the Earth was not formed and filled with plants before the sun was made and the sun and moon were not made after the Earth...

if you have even the tiniest shred of evidence to counter these proven facts, please show them now.

your cult lied to you...again...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min River Tam 201,256
Two words only please! (Aug '08) 24 min A_Visitor 39,867
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '15) 25 min Gunslinger45 187
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 25 min Bezeer 8,647
5 Letter Word, Change 1 Letter (Oct '15) 26 min Tex 4,110
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '12) 28 min Gunslinger45 8,718
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 42 min Gunslinger45 31,968
What Turns You Off (Jun '11) 54 min Gunslinger45 9,175
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 3 hr Wheezer 9,005
Who won the Presidential debate 2016 ? 5 hr Knock off purse s... 154
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr LIM 61,657
More from around the web