Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#101509 Oct 18, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
bohart as a believer in God let me tell you something. I wonder why all the time since he is so mighty that bad things happen to good people. I lost one brother when I was 14, my Dad when I was 18, my mother when I was 45 and my other brother when I was 46. Did I do something wrong for them to be taken for I damn sure know they didn't do anything wrong. I have broke many commandments do to situations I have been put in. So why not let them all live and take me is my question? I have faith but many times it is hard to carry that faith when many things weigh you down.
I couldn't begin to answer, it's a question that thinking people have wondered about for ages. I suppose to have the answer would be to know the mind of God, and in this life man isn't capable of it.Perhaps the book of Job is as close as we'll get here on earth to an answer. Good luck.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#101510 Oct 18, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic! you are not in the same country with logic! Both are dead! dumbass,it would be no greater feat for a dead animal to come back to life than a bunch of disorganized puddles to spring to life! You are clothed in such a suit of denial you will grasp at anything no matter how unscientific , illogical , and unproven to prop up your religious beliefs. Then in a final desperate spasm of idiocy you bring up the fact of reproduction to stupidly support a fools argument. Hey Idiot! that argument supports CREATION! life has been shown only to reproduce through existing life! That's NEVER been disproven!, yet you try to use that as evidence for abiogenesis! What a brainwashed fool
Actually all the evidence of my assertion is real. There is zero chance of dead tissue coming back to life after tissue degeneration has taken place. But this window can be as little as 45 minutes or extended in very cool conditions. It has been found clinically dead can be revived , but the brain degenerates very quickly , if the victim cannot be revived in this window, degeneration makes it impossible.

But on the other side we know the chemicals and compounds can assemble into living organisms, life itself is testament of that.
The key to building life has been discovered, and even some of the process, but this knowledge isn't quite detailed enough to reproduce what happen. But this will be solved soon, and you will with your jaw blabbing denial and religious belief left in the utter stupidity, that you repeat mindlessly like the thrall of the imaginary god you worshiper you are.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101511 Oct 18, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question dumbass, I haven't claimed anything .. its your own words I'm using! How can something that was alive then dead not be able to come back to life, yet something that was never alive can? These are your words! You are not ignorant ,no,...you are just taking comically stupid positions to defend your beliefs. Then when your stupidity is exposed you accuse others of ignorance! Pitiful
Moron, try again.

Clearly you do not understand abiogenesis. Clearly you do not understand evolution. In fact you do not even understand what spontaneous generation is or isn't.

Try to ask a proper question idiot and you will get a proper answer. If you keep on asking questions like an idiot I will simply point out that you are being an idiot.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#101512 Oct 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it would suck to have to re-write all that they have said is the way it was. lol
I wouldn't suck. Anymore than Einstein trumping Newton. It would just lead to a deeper understanding. Which is the intent of science.

Discussing what I posted would have been more useful than just one more smart remark from you.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#101513 Oct 19, 2013
JM_Brazil wrote:
<quoted text>
Donner, and Prancer and Vixen...
You want to believe in Santa clause then thatís entirely up to you

Funny how the story gives them antlers in December, musts be god magic

Level 6

#101514 Oct 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Why didn't minnows ever evolve to not be lunch for all other fish?
Did they never mutate?
Minnows around for billions of years and still the same, just minnows.
Why? What is wrong here?
Because thatís life.

Yes

Nope, just millions of years

Absolutely nothing wrong here, but if you want o believe god screwed up then thatís fine?

Level 6

#101515 Oct 19, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
Why didn't plants ever evolve to use all light waves to produce food?
This mutation never happened in billions of years?
Because there is no need.

Are you really this daft or is it an act for topix?

Why has you god never appeared in public to dispel a myth?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101516 Oct 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You want to believe in Santa clause then thatís entirely up to you
Funny how the story gives them antlers in December, musts be god magic
Nope, Santa does not use old reindeer:

http://reindeer.ws/info.htm

"The older bulls generally lose or ďdropĒ their antlers first, usually late December or early January, with the remaining bulls following this process until as late as March. "

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#101517 Oct 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Indeed. Ironically as a non-creationist I'm one of the few who defends the original intentions of the intellectual works of the authors themselves, who've had their work taken out of context for millenia by the "faithful". The fundies only fight for the fundies but who's gonna fight for the fundies?
:-(
If fundies would/could honestly and objectively consider their source there would be far fewer arguments. Unfortunately, they are incorrigible.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101518 Oct 19, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> My question would be why would a god make a bio-system that forced animals to prey on each other , killing and eating them. While giving the ultimate apex predator a conscious that makes them feel guilty for doing so.
But having a carnal lust for eating the flesh of other creatures, it being a necessary function to survive. It does not fit the premise of being created by a loving god, in fact if there is one ...
It's a cruel and twisted monster for forcing the biosphere and it's inhabitants to a never ending chain of kill or be killed.
ever read "Oryx and Crake" by Margaret Atwood? or The Year of the Flood"? I'm just starting her new third of the trilogy, "MaddAddam".

In the series, humans have created such a species...

St. Croix valley

#101519 Oct 19, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer the question dumbass, I haven't claimed anything .. its your own words I'm using! How can something that was alive then dead not be able to come back to life, yet something that was never alive can? These are your words! You are not ignorant ,no,...you are just taking comically stupid positions to defend your beliefs. Then when your stupidity is exposed you accuse others of ignorance! Pitiful
unless you believe life always existed in our universe, it had to come from non-living matter at one point...

logic is fun!

“A Idiot Thinks Im Savoir Faire”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Paranoid That I Am Everywhere

#101520 Oct 19, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't suck. Anymore than Einstein trumping Newton. It would just lead to a deeper understanding. Which is the intent of science.
Discussing what I posted would have been more useful than just one more smart remark from you.
Re-writing their books, their papers, their studies that they wrote based on evidence,even their evidence would have to be re-classified if this one shows that there were not as many different species as they claimed. So yea I think that would kind of suck. It would help in the long run of providing more understanding. Like I said science is an awesome tool but if they turn out to be wrong from their evidence that they classified those species off of one has to wonder how much they actually do understand. Not knocking science but to label species based on studied evidence, tell the world this is what it is, then have to change it, shows it is not facts but at best a guess of what they think until something can show it wrong.

St. Croix valley

#101521 Oct 19, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Re-writing their books, their papers, their studies that they wrote based on evidence,even their evidence would have to be re-classified if this one shows that there were not as many different species as they claimed. So yea I think that would kind of suck. It would help in the long run of providing more understanding. Like I said science is an awesome tool but if they turn out to be wrong from their evidence that they classified those species off of one has to wonder how much they actually do understand. Not knocking science but to label species based on studied evidence, tell the world this is what it is, then have to change it, shows it is not facts but at best a guess of what they think until something can show it wrong.
back when Carl Linnaeus developed the system we use for classification, we didn't have the same evidence we do now.

many species were incorrectly classified, because the evidence we had available suggested they were of the same species, the evidence we have available to us now shows they are not.
Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

#101522 Oct 19, 2013
Has everybody figured out that there is no god, yet? There really isn't, you know.

Congrats to those who figured it out and "don't give up" to those who are still struggling to let go of the fairy tale that their parents imbedded into their psyche. You can do it!

“A Idiot Thinks Im Savoir Faire”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Paranoid That I Am Everywhere

#101523 Oct 19, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>back when Carl Linnaeus developed the system we use for classification, we didn't have the same evidence we do now.
many species were incorrectly classified, because the evidence we had available suggested they were of the same species, the evidence we have available to us now shows they are not.
tick we are talking about this new 1.8 million-year-old skull that has been found.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/did-human-fami...

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/oct/1...

Level 1

Location hidden

#101524 Oct 19, 2013
The Dude wrote:
Actually I'm looking at the far side of the room and I can't see any air. It is fair to say that air can be invisible.
So? I can't see you, either. Is it fair to say that you can be invisible?

Derp

Level 1

Location hidden

#101525 Oct 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, for cryin' in the grog.
Another halfwit about to claim that "serpent" does not mean "snake""
That's exactly and only what it means, you pillock.
Really. "exactly and only what it means"?!?

Serpent has several meanings, only one of which is snake.

1. A reptile of the order Serpentes; a snake.

2. often Serpent
a. In the Bible, the creature that tempted Eve.
b. Satan.

3. A subtle, sly, or treacherous person.

4. A firework that writhes while burning.

5. Music A deep-voiced wind instrument of serpentine shape, used principally from the 17th to 19th century, about 2.5 meters (8 feet) in length and made of brass or wood.

6. Serpent Serpens.

You were saying?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101526 Oct 19, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Logic! you are not in the same country with logic! Both are dead! dumbass,it would be no greater feat for a dead animal to come back to life than a bunch of disorganized puddles to spring to life! You are clothed in such a suit of denial you will grasp at anything no matter how unscientific , illogical , and unproven to prop up your religious beliefs. Then in a final desperate spasm of idiocy you bring up the fact of reproduction to stupidly support a fools argument. Hey Idiot! that argument supports CREATION! life has been shown only to reproduce through existing life! That's NEVER been disproven!, yet you try to use that as evidence for abiogenesis! What a brainwashed fool
Except creationism violates your own rules. In order to go up to heaven to be with God we have to die. Yet you fundies claim God is "alive". If life needs to reproduce through existing life, remember this did NOT happen with Adam and Eve. God did not have sex with his wife and have babies. They were artificially created via God's Frankenstein experiment. Same with every other animal He created. ALL were created from NON-LIFE, according to your OWN RELIGION.

And, just like Frankenstein's experiment, God's experiment failed. Oh well.(shrug)

Level 1

Location hidden

#101527 Oct 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Speak to je of one "serpent" which is not a "snake".
Non-apologetically, I mean - and dos it matter? What species of "serpent" talks?
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, for cryin' in the grog.
Another halfwit about to claim that "serpent" does not mean "snake""
That's exactly and only what it means, you pillock.
Numbers 2 & 3.....

1. A reptile of the order Serpentes; a snake.

2. often Serpent
a. In the Bible, the creature that tempted Eve.
b. Satan.

3. A subtle, sly, or treacherous person.

4. A firework that writhes while burning.

5. Music A deep-voiced wind instrument of serpentine shape, used principally from the 17th to 19th century, about 2.5 meters (8 feet) in length and made of brass or wood.

6. Serpent Serpens.

Level 1

Location hidden

#101528 Oct 19, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when has 2 sentences containing 14 words and one number, factual in every syllable been described as ranting?
When it's coming from you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
(Non Computer) Mouse issues HELP!! 2 min dragoon70056 41
What's the time where you live? (May '13) 6 min Sally Brown 812
I spoke with GOD 9 min Sally Brown 29
What could be long? 11 min Princess Hey 80
Top Deal Breakers in Relationships (Feb '13) 11 min wichita-rick 834
What Kind Or Type Of Poster Are You? 13 min Princess Hey 13
Uh Clem 16 min Sally Brown 128
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 25 min ZkyClank 6,361
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Nobody 2 Special 21,265
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr PFfff 147,586