Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
95,901 - 95,920 of 113,285 Comments Last updated 8 hrs ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>You know... when you're cleaning your ears with a cotton swab you are supposed to STOP when it meets resistance!
beating around the bush again.

“Up with which, I will not put”

Since: Jul 08

Sao Paulo

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what science has taught me. We're one of the younger solar systems existing. And of all the solar systems we have searched we're the only planet that exists with the type of life that exists on it that we know of. That's what science has stated and proved over and over as they unsuccessfully try and prove life like ours might exist elsewhere. And the farther our telescopes etc allow us to see into the dark blackness of space, the more we prove we are the only planet that exists with life as it exists.
Actually using the mechanical evolution of the human mind within the last century as a base, if life had evolved elsewhere with life like ours since it's the example of what non life has supposedly became, I would think there would have been dozens of other solar systems containing life like ours with a sun aiding life. But they don't exist.
So my point stands.
Let's break that down a bit.

Man has not discovered signs of life on another planet. Check.
Does this mean that life on other planets do not exist. No.
Now let's consider the range which Man has the ability to observe in regard to the Universe.
Say Earth was a single grain of sand on a vast beach. Now let's say you dropped a dime on that beach, over the grain representing Earth. THAT is how much we can observe, and very limited observation at that. With this in mind, can you honestly believe that based solely on our observations, there is no other life forms in the Universe? Are you that simple minded?
Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

If evolution exists today, it has always existed. It does exist today and can be proven beyond any doubt.

An egg, that is so small it can not be detected with the human eye, is joined with a sperm that is so small it, too, can not be detected with the human eye.

It begins to EVOLVE into a mass of cells that is doubling and growing larger. The first four weeks it has no signs of life other than doubling in size.

In five weeks that mass has EVOLVED into an embryo with a heartbeat.

Over the next few weeks it EVOLVES into a recognizable shape and begins to sprout fingers and toes.

In approximately 40 weeks a thing that could not be detected without a powerful microscope EVOLVES into a human baby.

EVOLUTION. Gotta love it.

Oh, no god was involved in that evolution. Just science.

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point. People (me included) don't even remember phone numbers thanks to cell phones.
Funny that I can still remember my phone number from my high school days.
Woah.... That's a trip. I had never considered that. I read your post and my phone number from when I was a kid popped in my head.....

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god? It is claimed that ALL 3700+ gods were the living god or goddess
Oh, hell. You're ranting over here, too?!

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, you are wrong again.
Can you see air? Can you breathe air? Is air invisible, is it imaginary?
Can you see ionising radiation? Does it damage DNA and cells? Is ionising radiation invisible? Is it imaginary? Perhaps you should tell the wartime inhabitants of Hiroshima and Nagasaki that they all imagined it
Wrong, you do not know, you believe that your god exists, there is a profound difference and what is amusing is that if your compared your god to anyone else’s god, you would find they are difference – why? because they are figments of your personal imagination which is tempered by your personal experience
Been there, done that and shown your comparison between a date line and a god to be idiotic
Air and ionizing radiation can be seen...

Yer turn...

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No science cannot create a natural human brain, can godbots?
Science can't even create life.

Why should we believe them when they say that they know the origin of life?

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

MAAT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like gobbledegook.
Kong gave as a reply apples and oranges.
How do you define your most recent common ancestor?(given the entire alien seeding running as a main theme trough your life.)
LUCA would be found in Carpentras-soil or those of similar constitution to form a fatty cell-wall.
When? Take a huge ballparknumber, but really huge since it involves all life.
So if your question is about time between those events...
Looks to me like that apple and orange are from the same tree.

The last universal ancestor (LUA), also called the last universal common ancestor (LUCA), or the cenancestor, is the most recent organism from which all organisms now living on Earth descend. Thus it is the most recent common ancestor (MRCA) of all current life on Earth. The LUA is estimated to have lived some 3.5 to 3.8 billion years ago (sometime in the Paleoarchean era).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Last_universal_a... ?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I am not interested in seriosness. The issue is that, God almighty do exist.
But I don't take your claims seriously. Since you aren't interested in being serious you should have no problem with that and be happy in your belief in talking donkeys and lizards.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Gibberish! The handiwork of God can never be replaced by any chemical shit.
It already has. Since God has not been necessary for over 3.5 billion years. So either God set the ball rolling and let natural forces take over, or, a God was never even necessary in the first place.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Point of correction, we don't masturbate but pray.
There are many forms of wanking, and preaching is one of them.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> A simple answer. This is beyond your level of understanding. Science is limited here. God is the creator of the universe.
So? It's not like that stops you from placing limits on Him.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Judge Marcus wrote:
If evolution exists today, it has always existed. It does exist today and can be proven beyond any doubt.
An egg, that is so small it can not be detected with the human eye, is joined with a sperm that is so small it, too, can not be detected with the human eye.
It begins to EVOLVE into a mass of cells that is doubling and growing larger. The first four weeks it has no signs of life other than doubling in size.
In five weeks that mass has EVOLVED into an embryo with a heartbeat.
Over the next few weeks it EVOLVES into a recognizable shape and begins to sprout fingers and toes.
In approximately 40 weeks a thing that could not be detected without a powerful microscope EVOLVES into a human baby.
EVOLUTION. Gotta love it.
Oh, no god was involved in that evolution. Just science.
Just to be clear, if you want to use the word 'evolve' simply as 'change over time', then in a more colloquial context then we could describe embryonic development as a kind of evolution, in a similar vain of cosmologists observing the universe changing over time as universal evolution. However if we are referring specifically to evolution in a scientific biological context, then individuals don't evolve, populations do. Each generation changes slightly from one to the next, and THAT is biological evolution.

As for whether or not a God was responsible, science doesn't have much to say about that since the concept of a God is not scientific.
Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Charles ldemi wrote:
<quoted text>Gibberish! The handiwork of God can never be replaced by any chemical shit.
Really? Scientists can drop an egg into a container of chemicals and grow a baby.
Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to be clear, if you want to use the word 'evolve' simply as 'change over time', then in a more colloquial context then we could describe embryonic development as a kind of evolution, in a similar vain of cosmologists observing the universe changing over time as universal evolution. However if we are referring specifically to evolution in a scientific biological context, then individuals don't evolve, populations do. Each generation changes slightly from one to the next, and THAT is biological evolution.
As for whether or not a God was responsible, science doesn't have much to say about that since the concept of a God is not scientific.
Populations can't evolve if the individual can not evolve.

Level 1

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
But I don't take your claims seriously. Since you aren't interested in being serious you should have no problem with that and be happy in your belief in talking donkeys and lizards.
Oh, God....

Another ignorant atheist...

Here we go.

There was no talking donkey in the Bible, if you read it, it says The Lord did the talking.

And what's this about a talking lizard? That's not in the Bible, either...
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judge Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>Populations can't evolve if the individual can not evolve.
Individuals do not evolve during their lifetime. Their genetics are set. What HAS changed is their genetics as compared to their parents. We each get just under half of our genome from our mother, and half from our father. Plus we are all born with around 125 to 175 mutations which neither of our parents had. If this is what you mean by individuals "evolving" then okay, but technically it would be incorrect terminology, as an individual cannot be considered a 'new species'. That is why it must pass on its new traits onto others of its kind and this genetic divergence eventually leads to speciation. Hence why populations are needed, and are in biological terms, considered to evolve.
Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. It was a talking snake running an apple scam.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, God....
I am? I never claimed to be.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Here we go.
There was no talking donkey in the Bible, if you read it, it says The Lord did the talking.
Uhuh. Like the bush. May as well call it ventriloquism then.(shrug)
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Sure it is. Genesis. Told 'em to eat the apple. Remember?

“Evil Atheist :-)”

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, God....
Here we go.
"Am not I thine ass,"

Numbers 22
28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••