Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101428 Oct 17, 2013
Judge Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>Right. It was a talking snake running an apple scam.
Well technically it was a lizard until God punished it for the whole Adam and Eve thing, and chopped of his legs and forcing him to crawl on his belly until the end of time and eat dirt. THEN it was a snake.

With an unusual diet.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101429 Oct 17, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
"Am not I thine ass,"
Numbers 22
28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay.
Indeed, it doth appear that it was not so much The Lord speaking, but rather The Lord giving the donkey the power of speech, like He did with humans.

And lizards.

Oh, and parrots. See, why didn't they make the lizard a parrot instead? That would have been far more feasible.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101430 Oct 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Well technically it was a lizard until God punished it for the whole Adam and Eve thing, and chopped of his legs and forcing him to crawl on his belly until the end of time and eat dirt. THEN it was a snake.
With an unusual diet.
Which is a bit unfair if you ask me, since the whole thing was God's fault anyway.
LSD

Anonymous Proxy

#101431 Oct 17, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
"Am not I thine ass,"
Numbers 22
28 And the LORD opened the mouth of the ass, and she said unto Balaam, What have I done unto thee, that thou hast smitten me these three times?
29 And Balaam said unto the ass, Because thou hast mocked me: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.
30 And the ass said unto Balaam, Am not I thine ass, upon which thou hast ridden ever since I was thine unto this day? was I ever wont to do so unto thee? And he said, Nay.
Wow! Balaam must have been the life of the party. He had some sweet old-school mushrooms!
Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

#101432 Oct 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
With an unusual diet.
Ah! You're right. I forgot that little tidbit. I shall say fifteen hail Mary's and make one act of contrition.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#101433 Oct 17, 2013
Judge Marcus wrote:
<quoted text>Right. It was a talking snake running an apple scam.
Really? Lease show the verse that talks about a talking snake.

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101434 Oct 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I am? I never claimed to be.
<quoted text>
Uhuh. Like the bush. May as well call it ventriloquism then.(shrug)
<quoted text>
Sure it is. Genesis. Told 'em to eat the apple. Remember?
Ya, no. Genesis did not say a talking snake.

I thought you knew...

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101435 Oct 17, 2013
Igor Trip wrote:
<quoted text>
"Am not I thine ass,"
Numbers 22
Oh

teheehee (kindergarten laugh)

It says 'ass'

*rolls eyes*

“Ditat Deus”

Level 1

Location hidden

#101436 Oct 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
With an unusual diet.
Technically it was a serpent.

All snakes are serpents but not all serpents are snakes.

I have a feeling you don't understand.

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#101437 Oct 17, 2013
Putting together the pieces of a 1.8 million-year-old skull from the country of Georgia has led researchers to a surprising conclusion: Specimens that supposedly represent several early human species might be merely different-sized individuals from the same species.

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/did-human-fami...
Judge Marcus

Tulsa, OK

#101438 Oct 17, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Putting together the pieces of a 1.8 million-year-old skull from the country of Georgia has led researchers to a surprising conclusion: Specimens that supposedly represent several early human species might be merely different-sized individuals from the same species.
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/did-human-fami...
IMPOSSIBLE! The world is only 6,000 years old.(or so I've heard from chistians)

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Earth

#101439 Oct 17, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> From your premise, the same with science.
So you think that science is superstition, but your dogma is real?
Tell ya what. Go to that metal box on your wall and pull down the lever that says "main". Then pray your food won't spoil, your meals will cook, your lights will illuminate and your computer connects you to Topix. They are such trivial things compared to creating the universe, I'm sure your god won't mind a bit.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#101440 Oct 17, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you already demonstrated quite adequately that you don't have the slightest f cking clue.(shrug)
<quoted text>
Actually the evidence already provided DOES go against your claims. The fact that you not only ignored it but didn't even understand a single word of it is rather telling. It's not just simple time factors that's a problem, it's the massive massive inbreeding which leads to inevitable population decline. And that's not a tenable position when you only start with 8 people, half of which are already related. And even worse for the animals who had only two.
In short, you're talking out your azz. This is not a problem. Just say Goddidit with magic and all your problems will be solved.
Here's your stupidity exposed again so all can see the torrential flood of illogic.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101441 Oct 17, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's your stupidity exposed again so all can see the torrential flood of illogic.
bohart, the fact that you are a yellow livered chickenshit coward shows up by your method of posting. The best you can do is a hit and run. You can never make a valid point that will hold up under scrutiny.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#101442 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Lease show the verse that talks about a talking snake.
Oh, for cryin' in the grog.

Another halfwit about to claim that "serpent" does not mean "snake""

That's exactly and only what it means, you pillock.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

The Borderland of Sol

#101443 Oct 17, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically it was a serpent.
All snakes are serpents but not all serpents are snakes.
I have a feeling you don't understand.
Speak to je of one "serpent" which is not a "snake".

Non-apologetically, I mean - and dos it matter? What species of "serpent" talks?

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#101444 Oct 17, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
bohart, the fact that you are a yellow livered chickenshit coward shows up by your method of posting. The best you can do is a hit and run. You can never make a valid point that will hold up under scrutiny.
Speak of stupidity and the Kingshit of stupidity appears. Tell us oh sucking bone once again in the words of the Kingshit how,..."something that was alive then died can't come back to life ,.. but something that was never alive can become alive " use that incredible reasoning ability that you and the moronic Dud only possess. ha,ha,ha.

I don't hit and run, if I hit you, you're out, and I ain't going no where.! I simply have a life and don't have to defend my religious beliefs 24 hours a day like you 2 percent culters do.I check in from time to time to see if you fukking morons are still manning your posts.....And you are!

“HATRED EATS THE SOUL OF”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

THE HATER -- NOT THE HATED

#101445 Oct 17, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak of stupidity and the Kingshit of stupidity appears. Tell us oh sucking bone once again in the words of the Kingshit how,..."something that was alive then died can't come back to life ,.. but something that was never alive can become alive " use that incredible reasoning ability that you and the moronic Dud only possess. ha,ha,ha.
I don't hit and run, if I hit you, you're out, and I ain't going no where.! I simply have a life and don't have to defend my religious beliefs 24 hours a day like you 2 percent culters do.I check in from time to time to see if you fukking morons are still manning your posts.....And you are!
bohart as a believer in God let me tell you something. I wonder why all the time since he is so mighty that bad things happen to good people. I lost one brother when I was 14, my Dad when I was 18, my mother when I was 45 and my other brother when I was 46. Did I do something wrong for them to be taken for I damn sure know they didn't do anything wrong. I have broke many commandments do to situations I have been put in. So why not let them all live and take me is my question? I have faith but many times it is hard to carry that faith when many things weigh you down.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#101446 Oct 17, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
It's logic that say's it is more likely that something that was never alive, may become living, more so than something that is dead will become living.

Consider these things ... What do animals do in reproduction?
They convert nonliving matter into a living entity.

Once something is truly dead , it starts decomposing and there is
no recovery from this condition. Take frostbite for instance, the cells that have died start decomposing, the only solution to stop this condition from encompassing the entire organism. Is to remove the dead parts or die.

The fact we cant make a pile of ingredients become alive artificially, doesn't mean it is impossible. Just beyond our ability at the moment.
But the fact something is dead, means it's coming back to life is impossible. If some appears to have died and comes back to life, it means it was never truly dead, but was in appearance alone
mistakenly believed to be so.

It's just that simple.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101447 Oct 17, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Try writing your questions in English. What you claim has nothing to do with evolution. Or even abiogenesis. All you have done is to show how ignorant you are about the science that you are disputing.

And blowfart all you have is hit and run. Your methods are as malodorous as your user name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 9 min whatimeisit 30,318
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 19 min Paki_Jatt_Soorma 1,096
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 23 min Mega Monster 7,608
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 35 min undercover poster 25,742
20,000th Post Wins - 2d Edition (Jan '13) 35 min NotaGoth 1,737
New "Drop one Word" With Famous People's Names (Oct '12) 52 min beatlesinafog 436
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 52 min Judy 123 1,971
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 152,539
For Dear FlowerChild (Dec '07) 1 hr Will Dockery 24,119
Let's Play Song Titles With One Word? 2 hr X Crypsis X 336
More from around the web