Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 172078 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#101453 Oct 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that science is superstition, but your dogma is real?
Tell ya what. Go to that metal box on your wall and pull down the lever that says "main". Then pray your food won't spoil, your meals will cook, your lights will illuminate and your computer connects you to Topix. They are such trivial things compared to creating the universe, I'm sure your god won't mind a bit.
Science like i earlier said, complements the work of the almighty. Can science create the brain for thinking?

Level 2

Location hidden

#101454 Oct 18, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that science is superstition, but your dogma is real?
Tell ya what. Go to that metal box on your wall and pull down the lever that says "main". Then pray your food won't spoil, your meals will cook, your lights will illuminate and your computer connects you to Topix. They are such trivial things compared to creating the universe, I'm sure your god won't mind a bit.
Science only complements the Work of the creator. Can science create a natural human brain?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#101455 Oct 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Science like i earlier said, complements the work of the almighty. Can science create the brain for thinking?
And as I said, can you?

You should compare apples with apples, not apples with elephants

Level 2

Location hidden

#101456 Oct 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Total garbage, you are clueless, you have been shown evidence and conclusion and you have ignored fact it in favour of your favourite belief
<quoted text>
Well that explains a lot, thanks for admitting you are deliberately ignorant.
<quoted text>
Same thing, mental masturbation
<quoted text>
Actually I was the one providing the knowledge and fact, you were/are ignoring them.
<quoted text>
Yup read it several times (probably unlike you) and the babble describes several OTHER gods, you just filter them out because you donít want to believe what is written in the bible. That is deliberate ignorance.
Here let me help your search of othere gods in the babble.
Exodus 6:03, Exodus 12:12, II Kings 17:31, II Kings 17:31, II Kings 17:30, I Kings 11:05, I Kings 18:19, Judges 8:33, Numbers 25:03, Luke 11:19, I Kings 18:18, Isiah 46:01, I Kings 11:07, I Samuel 05:02, Acts 19:35, Acts 14:12, Isiah 14:12, Acts 14:12, I Kings 11:05, I Kings 11:07, Isiah 46:01, II Kings 17:30, II Kings 17:31, II Kings 19:37, II Kings 05:18, II Kings 17:30, Ezekial 8:14, II Kings 17:31, Psalm 136:2, Psalm 82:1-2:
<quoted text>
What you said is irrelevant to fact
<quoted text>
You have not yet quite grasped the actual meaning of the word facts yet have you?
I will be forced to call you an idiot. God is one and all christians do worship the almighty.

Level 2

Location hidden

#101457 Oct 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Total garbage, you are clueless, you have been shown evidence and conclusion and you have ignored fact it in favour of your favourite belief
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Actually I was the one providing the knowledge and fact, you were/are ignoring them.
<quoted text>
Yup read it several times (probably unlike you) and the babble describes several OTHER gods, you just filter them out because you donít want to believe what is written in the bible. That is deliberate ignorance.
Exodus 6:03, Exodus 12:12, II Kings 17:31, II Kings 17:31, II Kings 17:30, I Kings 11:05, I Kings 18:19, Judges 8:33, Numbers 25:03, Luke 11:19, I Kings 18:18, Isiah 46:01, I Kings 11:07, I Samuel 05:02, Acts 19:35, Acts 14:12, Isiah 14:12, Acts 14:12, I Kings 11:05, I Kings 11:07, Isiah 46:01, II Kings 17:30, II Kings 17:31, II Kings 19:37, II Kings 05:18, II Kings 17:30, Ezekial 8:14, II Kings 17:31, Psalm 136:2, Psalm 82:1-2:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You have not yet quite grasped the actual meaning of the word facts yet have you?
Find out the truth from christians and stop spreading your so called shit FACTS.

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#101458 Oct 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I will be forced to call you an idiot. God is one and all christians do worship the almighty.
Christians worship three things twisted into one god , and have a fourth god to revile.

Level 2

Location hidden

#101459 Oct 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Clueless as ever. God is one, the bible said that, others were all gods and goddesses.

Level 6

#101460 Oct 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> I will be forced to call you an idiot. God is one and all christians do worship the almighty.
Forced? so you are blaming your god for your tantrums?

Yet you IGNORE the babble and cling to your delusional belief.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Find out the truth from christians and stop spreading your so called shit FACTS.
Actually they were the FACTS, gleaned from the christian babble that christians are supposed to abide by and that you most obviously know nothing about.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Clueless as ever. God is one, the bible said that, others were all gods and goddesses.
Yes thatís what I said and you called me an idiot and had a tantrum, now you agree that the babble mentions several gods and goddesses, go figure

And you see no problem in living with such confusion?

Level 2

Location hidden

#101461 Oct 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Clueless as always. God is one, ask your next door neighbour.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101462 Oct 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Technically it was a serpent.
All snakes are serpents but not all serpents are snakes.
I have a feeling you don't understand.
You're right I don't. What's a non-snake serpent?

At least I was correct about it not being a snake.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101463 Oct 18, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's your stupidity exposed again so all can see the torrential flood of illogic.
Which you were unable to point out.

Ever.

Biblical global flood never happened. And genetics is only a small part of that, as I've repeatedly demonstrated to the poster calling himself 'No Surprise'.

Unless of course Jews really ARE magic.

In which case you can stop pretending you give a fig about science. Because you're not arguing for it. Never have.

Level 6

#101464 Oct 18, 2013
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, hell. You're ranting over here, too?!
Just a thought, are you stalking me?

As long as we all know what you are up to.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101465 Oct 18, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Speak of stupidity and the Kingshit of stupidity appears. Tell us oh sucking bone once again in the words of the Kingshit how,..."something that was alive then died can't come back to life ,.. but something that was never alive can become alive " use that incredible reasoning ability that you and the moronic Dud only possess. ha,ha,ha.
I don't hit and run, if I hit you, you're out, and I ain't going no where.! I simply have a life and don't have to defend my religious beliefs 24 hours a day like you 2 percent culters do.I check in from time to time to see if you fukking morons are still manning your posts.....And you are!
Actually yes, you do hit and run. It's BECAUSE you never address our posts directly, AND you always argue against caricatures instead of what we actually post is WHY you're a hit and run poster. It's not because you don't have the time to formulate a reasoned rational rebuttal if you so wished. It's because your position is one of massive hypocrisy.

Your beef with abiogenesis is you think life developing from non-life is BS. Despite this, your position requires EXACTLY the same. You just like yours better than science because you don't give a fig about science and only care about your baseless religious beliefs.

Level 6

#101466 Oct 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Clueless as always. God is one, ask your next door neighbour.
My next door neighbour is Hindu so your post is irrelevant on three counts

“Rising”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Milky Way

#101467 Oct 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right I don't. What's a non-snake serpent?
At least I was correct about it not being a snake.
He thinks Smaug is out to get him.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101468 Oct 18, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Find out the truth from christians and stop spreading your so called shit FACTS.
We can never get the "truth" from Christians because so many creationists lie.

ALL religions claim "truth". But FACT is that not one of them can show that theirs is more valid than any other.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101469 Oct 18, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My next door neighbour is Hindu so your post is irrelevant on three counts
All hail Ganesh, Shiva and Vishnu!

Level 6

#101470 Oct 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
And Brahmha andÖ, andÖ, andÖ

Level 6

#101471 Oct 18, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps I should have said 330 million counts

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#101472 Oct 18, 2013
replaytime wrote:
Putting together the pieces of a 1.8 million-year-old skull from the country of Georgia has led researchers to a surprising conclusion: Specimens that supposedly represent several early human species might be merely different-sized individuals from the same species.
http://www.nbcnews.com/science/did-human-fami...
Seems to be quite a but of disagreement over this and I have strong reservations. For example from:
http://www.theguardian.com/science/2013/oct/1...

"The site was a busy watering hole that human ancestors shared with giant extinct cheetahs, sabre-toothed cats and other beasts. The remains of the individuals were found in collapsed dens where carnivores had apparently dragged the carcasses to eat."

If it was a "busy watering hole" would it not be a possibility that any number of different species of early human ancestors frequented the site?

"They are thought to have died within a few hundred years of one another."

Given that the fossils were dated to 1.8m years ago and given the accuracy of dating methods, I find to hard to accept that they could claim the individuals died within a few hundred years of each other. I seriously doubt this.

I'll await further research.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Funny!! Word association game. (Nov '13) 8 min Crazy Jae 3,025
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 11 min Crazy Jae 4,136
OFFBEAT.keepAword.DropAword.2011edition (Oct '11) 12 min Crazy Jae 19,239
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 13 min Crazy Jae 9,001
Who is the Sikeston, MO (SEMO) Poster ? 13 min _ Juneau _ 7
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 14 min Crazy Jae 2,911
"B's ONLY" Club First name must start with B !!! (May '12) 16 min Crazy Jae 330
hoosier hillbilly (Sep '12) 22 min Crystal_Clear722 1,968
Answer a question with a question 31 min Old Sam 537
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 48 min Mister_ E 167,486