Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
95,801 - 95,820 of 114,785 Comments Last updated 13 min ago

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree man used to use the stars to navigate. Man used to use his knowledge a lot back in the day but anymore with advancing technology modern man(as a whole) is not only getting lazy but also in a way is becoming dumber from technology. Modern man does not have to do or think like they used to, technology does it for him. I read a article today I think it was direct tv that now you don't even have to search channels, just talk into the remote for what kind of movie you want and it pulls them up lol.
Good point. People (me included) don't even remember phone numbers thanks to cell phones.

Funny that I can still remember my phone number from my high school days.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dud! use your scientific genius to tell us all again how massive inbreeding wouldn't allow for a population of only two animals to flourish yet you believe that all life came from a puddle of goo!....ha,ha,ha,ha.
Oh hey Bo. Already done. If you tried posting without beating up straw-men you'd never come back.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate science. It is an awesome tool. But unlike you I know science can be wrong.
Actually so do we. That's why it's US who accept the concept of falsification while creationists and anti-science cranks don't.

You uh, would have KNOWN that if you'd paid attention for the past few months you've been here.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ask the moronic Dud, its his theory
Is it?

Or is that you lying again?

Thought so.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
They exist only on maps.
So scientist are liars, because we can use them to calculate the distances and local time of different places?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, actually they started the insults, by calling anybody who doesn't believe in talking donkeys infidels.
And that does not change the validity of a God.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my parents gave me my brain, which later learned a little science. And since your computer quite obviously works then I can safely say it's not me who's made an error.
PUFF!
Who gave your parents parents then?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So scientist are liars, because we can use them to calculate the distances and local time of different places?
No.
Charles Idemi wrote:
And that does not change the validity of a God.
Beside the point really (hypocrisy noted) but if the validity of God rests upon talking donkeys and lizards then there's little reason to take it seriously.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text>PUFF!
Who gave your parents parents then?
Their parents.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> So scientist are liars, because we can use them to calculate the distances and local time of different places?
For Pete's sake, Chuckles. Scientists are not liars. The lines of latitude and longitude are NOT physical lines but a geographic coordinate system used to denote location. They do not exist in reality. There are no lines drawn on the surface of the earth. Nor is there a physical International Date Line zip-zagging down the Pacific. I've flown over it several times and I can assure you, there is no big, fat, yellow line out in the ocean.

Why do you have such trouble with such simple concepts?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't make square circles. At least not in this universe.
Back to my question, can science create a natural human brain?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, on maps. They were arbitrary. Made up.
So you are saying your god is made up.
That is a very real possibility.
So you are also saying science is a made up shit. Good!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Back to my question, can science create a natural human brain?
Natural chemical processes can.

As far as we know there are no magic brains.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
All of which are arbitrary.
Unfortunately you don't even know what that means.
So science is all wrong? How can we use wrong things to determine real or right things?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop education?
Nah.
As a fundie that's YOUR job.
Education is good, but truly not the prerequisite. What about Bill Gates?

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop education?
Nah.
As a fundie that's YOUR job.
Education is good, but not a yardstick. What about Bill Gates and others?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Says who, you? Lol. Like i have said, do you know your tomorrow? The answer is no, but certainly that tomorrow must come. That is where God comes in. You lose again.
Well I guess I am the one who knows about my own morality, unlike you who bases your guess on nothing more than biblically indoctrinated hatred of any one who is not as gullible as you and of curse your dogmatic trust in the lies you think of as ďTruthĒ

You have NOT said that, you have just made it up but hey, thatís the Charley Idiot way to do things. The natural laws, physics, cosmology, celestial mechanics and of course humanity tell us that tomorrow will happen. No god involved.

Juts because you are too stupid to know does not mean you should guess that a goddidit by magic, hell no, itís a valid and sound excuse to educate yourself

P.S. I never loose against ignorant guesswork, it really does not matter how petulantly childish you are and how hard you stamp you foot.

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The issue on this is that, no one can beat the almighty. Your rants like every others, is waste of energy and time.
That is not an issue, that is a belief in a bronze age myth instigated by goat herders and escaped slaves

And you are welcome to ignore your education, after all thatís all you seem to have done all your life

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Do you do that often, before bed time?
Why are you so ignorant? I have no god to masturbate to, unlike you

Level 6

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> All gibberish. Denying God is like denying ones very existence. Yes they were goat herders, but they were the very first to discover who the living God is. Ofcourse, your ancestors were barbarians!
Nope, just because you are incapable of understanding basic 101 subjects does not makes them gibberish, it just means you are thick or deliberately ignorant.

Which god? There are over 3700 deities. Why would you say that? Oh, I know, it is because you are too dim to comprehend real life

So they were goat herder and escaped slaves? Good that you agree so where is the Insult? Only in you own limited mind

Do you actually understand what you said there? Nope of course you donít you are obviously blind to simple logic.

Of course they were barbarians, juts as yours were to every other nation and grouping that your ancestors were not members of. Look up the meaning of the word, dumbo.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••