Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“A Idiot Thinks Im Savoir Faire”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Paranoid That I Am Everywhere

#101308 Oct 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No, my parents gave me my brain, which later learned a little science. And since your computer quite obviously works then I can safely say it's not me who's made an error.
I will agree with you on one thing. You learned just "a little science"
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101309 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> It is simple. God can use any one he pleases. Education, is man made. So stop spreading the shit.
Stop education?

Nah.

As a fundie that's YOUR job.

Level 5

#101310 Oct 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, on maps. They were arbitrary. Made up.
So you are saying your god is made up.
That is a very real possibility.
Go sail a ship with out those imaginary lines. Helll even without a compass being N,S,E and W only exist on a map or compass. Then see how you do. Hopefully you will get lost and not return. lol

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#101311 Oct 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>Go sail a ship with out those imaginary lines. Helll even without a compass being N,S,E and W only exist on a map or compass. Then see how you do. Hopefully you will get lost and not return. lol
Ancient sailors did so for thousands of years. All without sight of land.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101312 Oct 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text> I will agree with you on one thing. You learned just "a little science"
Which makes me infinitely more knowledgeable than your average fundie.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Go sail a ship with out those imaginary lines. Helll even without a compass being N,S,E and W only exist on a map or compass. Then see how you do. Hopefully you will get lost and not return. lol
And does this address the fact that I am right? No.

Replay, just to give you fair warning - Chuck is insane. Srsly. And he thinks those lines are *literally* a part of the Earth itself and not a navigational aid applied to maps by people.

Level 5

#101313 Oct 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Which makes me infinitely more knowledgeable than your average fundie.
<quoted text>
And does this address the fact that I am right? No.
Replay, just to give you fair warning - Chuck is insane. Srsly. And he thinks those lines are *literally* a part of the Earth itself and not a navigational aid applied to maps by people.
From what I read he is using them as a reference of invisible. You can't see them but they are what guide us so we don't get lost. You can't see God either but if you believe and have faith, God will guide you as well so you don't get lost,,,, is what I think he is trying to say.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#101314 Oct 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
mystified; verb (past of, mystify adjective)
1.puzzled or confused
2.state of enchantment as concerns person or event
http://www.allwords.com/word-mystified.html
LOL! You can try all you want but to be fixated on a single word in the title of a article that means they were puzzled or confused on how it happened, but you can't grasp that, is kind of silly. But do carry on.
The title of the article is no more than that. The scientists weren't mystified or confused. While they were somewhat surprised it survived, they also never took the position it had to be destroyed. Just likely.
Why do you hate scientists so much? Talk about fixations!
And, no, I didn't do the icons. Someone else apparently thinks you're a bit of a dork as well.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#101315 Oct 16, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isnít! It may be how you reacted, but many people were perfectly aware of the fragility of our ball of rock in a hostile solar system. All the discovery of the Yucatan event did was validate that understanding.
Do you have ANY idea of the size of the sun? Even a big comet would make no difference, a mere drop in the ocean. Any solar flare would devour/vaporise a comet before it got close enough to make a drop mark on the surface.
Here is something for you to ponder, at least 1,300,000 earthís would fit in the sun. but perhaps a comet the size of Jupiter would make an impression but a comet the size of a comet creating the damage you are so paranoid about is just laughable
More info to educate yourself with, debris is falling into the sun and just about every other object in the solar system all the time. Around 14 million tons of debris from space falls on the earth each year. I canít be bothered with the calculations but it is possible to use that figure to estimate given the surface area and colossal gravity of the sun how much falls into the sun.
As they say, a little knowledge can be dangerous and it is sure that you have little knowledge.
Actually you were the one pretending and what if and maybe, I was simply having a laugh at your expense

You mean you don't think my red rider bb gun,
can't destroy the moon? Gosh Darnit!

Level 8

Location hidden

#101316 Oct 16, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, come on! Gravitational lensing is caused by blowing the picture up too much. Don't you keep up with Ryan Science??? Sheesh!
lol cough dun duh dah da duh duh. he he he he.

Level 8

Location hidden

#101317 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Since those lines exist, that people can not see. God almighty also exist.
I bleep!

Level 5

#101318 Oct 16, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
The title of the article is no more than that. The scientists weren't mystified or confused. While they were somewhat surprised it survived, they also never took the position it had to be destroyed. Just likely.
Why do you hate scientists so much? Talk about fixations!
And, no, I didn't do the icons. Someone else apparently thinks you're a bit of a dork as well.
I don't hate science. It is an awesome tool. But unlike you I know science can be wrong. They are not always right as you seem to think they are. Up until Lovejoy passed through the corona they believed it could not happen. That is the thing with science. They make theories and guesses and it is perceived right because usually there is no way to show it wrong, until Lovejoy proved it wrong. I say there is life on 18 other planets, in 18 other galaxies. It has to be right because you can't prove me wrong.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#101319 Oct 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't hate science.
Could have fooled me.
replaytime wrote:
It is an awesome tool.
It is
replaytime wrote:
But unlike you I know science can be wrong. They are not always right as you seem to think they are.
Provide the post number where I made such a claim. OR STFU.
replaytime wrote:
Up until Lovejoy passed through the corona they believed it could not happen.
They though it unlikely. Not certain. You seem to have a great deal of difficulty with such a simple concept.
replaytime wrote:
That is the thing with science. They make theories and guesses and it is perceived right because usually there is no way to show it wrong, until Lovejoy proved it wrong.
Everything you just posted is wrong. Starting equating scientific theories with guesses.
replaytime wrote:
I say there is life on 18 other planets, in 18 other galaxies. It has to be right because you can't prove me wrong.
Are you REALLY this stupid? Or just playing at it? If the latter is the case, you're doing an excellent job. Congratulations.

Level 8

Location hidden

#101320 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Of course, but they do exist, what about the date lines, where either gain or lose a day? Is that not a reality? Can you physically see those date lines?
I can see sht in the dark, Infrared forward looking radar with look down shoot down capability. I can see 900 yards 20x closer with a
TruPlex rectical low light with 1/4 click moa, that translates to
6 in a 1/2 inch circle @ 100 yards. The imaginary line is outside the 9 ring.

Does that answer your question?

Level 8

Location hidden

#101321 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Can science create a natural human brain? No. Science only complements the work of the almighty.
Then how come he didn't give you some?

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#101322 Oct 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you already demonstrated quite adequately that you don't have the slightest f cking clue.(shrug)
<quoted text>
Actually the evidence already provided DOES go against your claims. The fact that you not only ignored it but didn't even understand a single word of it is rather telling. It's not just simple time factors that's a problem, it's the massive massive inbreeding which leads to inevitable population decline. And that's not a tenable position when you only start with 8 people, half of which are already related. And even worse for the animals who had only two.
In short, you're talking out your azz. This is not a problem. Just say Goddidit with magic and all your problems will be solved.
Hey Dud! use your scientific genius to tell us all again how massive inbreeding wouldn't allow for a population of only two animals to flourish yet you believe that all life came from a puddle of goo!....ha,ha,ha,ha.

Level 2

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#101323 Oct 16, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha,Ha,hA,...I see you are still a reliable fool who doesn't have a clue. A population couldn't possibly start with two people or two animals, but it can start with a puddle of goo! You really need to be on the comedy channel, you are not ignorant, no, that comment shows you are simply stupid, reinforced by a hatred infused denial of any opposing opinion of your nihilistic world view .Don't despair! you have brethren of the same stupidity, the sucking bone who stated that,...( something that was alive then died can't come back to life,..but something that was never alive could come to life). Ha! both of your statements show a total lack of any intelligent thought process, certainly devoid of logic.
Now! let the evo-puddlegooists rush to the defense of their stupidity exposed brethren.
once more for the Dud,..and sucking bone!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#101324 Oct 16, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
While all that is true going to and leaving there, apparrently there's no way IN Hell you're gonna get 23mpg.
Sulfur and brimstone plays hell with the mass airflow sensor, not to mention running the A/C on max. On the upside, it's a dry heat.

Level 8

Location hidden

#101325 Oct 16, 2013
bohart wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dud! use your scientific genius to tell us all again how massive inbreeding wouldn't allow for a population of only two animals to flourish yet you believe that all life came from a puddle of goo!....ha,ha,ha,ha.
Massive inbreeding in a population of two?
Have you thought this out carefully ?

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#101326 Oct 16, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Ancient sailors did so for thousands of years. All without sight of land.
All in the STARS...and the Seagulls.. They know where LAND is...DUH!!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#101327 Oct 16, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sulfur and brimstone plays hell with the mass airflow sensor, not to mention running the A/C on max. On the upside, it's a dry heat.
Yeah, but you'll probably only get shitty rap stations on the radio.

That and 24 hour a day Elvis.

Meh!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 11 min Princess Hey 77,373
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 17 min Princess Hey 54,841
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 22 min Princess Hey 40,428
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 23 min CJ Rocker 149,082
*add A word / drop a word* (Nov '12) 31 min Princess Hey 9,130
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 35 min Princess Hey 2,539
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 36 min Chilli J 2,224
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 42 min Crazy Beautiful 6,840
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 54 min -Lea- 22,239
Truck containing 36,000 pounds of Crisco stolen 7 hr JV Team 44