Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
95,681 - 95,700 of 113,249 Comments Last updated 39 min ago

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Move on? Wow that is so funny coming from one so deliberately stuck in the bronze age like you.
Do you? Do you know the future? Is it that you claim the clairvoyance of religion?
You asked a question (hoping to gain extra god points) and I gave you the answer to your question that funnily enough quashed those extra god points for what they were, meaningless.
As it happens yes I do, It is not clairvoyance or belief in the words of escaped bronze age slaves, it is scientific fact and it really does not matter what tomorrow or the next day brings. The molecules, atoms, protons, neutrons and electrons and that make up my body will continue to the end of this universe, what has your puny god dream got over that?
Again, many liars before you have/ had done more than that, where are they today? Manures of the earth. No one can beat the almighty. Good luck?

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
And that alone is a good reason not to take it seriously.
Couple with the fact that we have plenty of evidence AGAINST a global flood that's pretty good reason to think it is a fictional event.
Wrong. A LACK of evidence of life on other planets does not mean that life cannot exist elsewhere. A global flood not only suffers from a lack of evidence but TONS of evidence AGAINST it.
Talking crap? Read your own logic why don't you..lol.
We have plenty of evidence against the existence of life on other planets and you say it doesn't matter that life could still exist. Yet in the same breath you state the same exact conclusion for why a flood didn't happen even though some claim it could have. You go dude...lol.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you still guess and accuse anyone not guessing in exactly the same way as you guess of heresy?
However science is at least doing something about that ignorance, they are learning to fill the gap with knowledge and understanding, this is called education, something you seem to be lacking
Funny that, I have just shown you that science is ignorant of how, I have just admitted this to you in the very post you responded to and yet you seem to be of the opinion that I should admit it. Wow you are weird arenít you?
Honey it is YOU who is not admitting to your ignorance while at the same time proving that you are ignorant
Likewise. God exist and there is nothing you or any one else can do about that. For Dude, he calls them goat herders, what were your ancestors doing before now? Living under the earth.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to be a condescending fool only brands you as a fool because you really donít have the intelligence to be condescending
Nope, not predominantly, 31% is not predominance when 69% are NOT christian. You must also remember your heritage, christianity is built on the belief of those idol worshippers. Think Atan Ra (one god), Horus (for many jesus stories), Saturnalia, Yule, Eostra etc.
And as history has taught us, religions rise and religions fall. It seems that throughout the christian world (except the US) that chrisianity is on the decline
Stop calling names, like your friend Dude, and face the statement squarely. Christianity, despite the spread or rise of atheism, are still on the high side. Learn from your barbaric ancestors.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It hasn't helped Charles, in fact I think he's going backwards.
Likewise.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't, as he accepted the premise of the Big Bang. However even if he doesn't it doesn't matter since his point was about abiogenesis and that he doesn't believe it because Goddidit with magic. And if he also rejects the Big Bang that will also be because he thinks Goddidit with magic. And if he rejects evolution it will be because he thinks Goddidit with magic. In fact it's safe to say that this will apply no matter his incredulity on any scientific subject that quite frankly if he accepts any science at all it would be evidence of a divine miracle.
Divine miracle ofcourse. Science has its own limitations. Without the brain, there is no science, can science create a brain? No but God can. Go back to your barbaric ancestors and learn from them.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
If I remember correctly, you didn't suggest that an object would survive an encounter with the sun but that it could disturb the position of the sun sufficiently to fry the earth. Not quite the same thing, is it?
It hasn't been shown (in theory)that it's possible for an object to penetrate 'deep' into the sun (as I hypothetically proposed)and survive due to the heat that would burn it up once the object passed the corona. It use to be thought it was impossible for an object to get through the corona without being burnt up. The comet Lovely proved that thought incorrect. So the new thought has regressed to the chromosphere and or photosphere where an object would surely be burnt up.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, actually the Bible supports a flat Earth, a round Earth, AND a square Earth. But hey, that's what you get when you combine a disparate group of ignorant goatherders who don't know anything about reality and tell them to keep tacking things on at the end.(shrug)
Nope. Your barbaric ancestors did more than that. Grow up!

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Since most people who think like you are idol worshippers. They worship a book about God instead of worshipping God.
What happened many thousands of years and centuries ago, can not be replayed, that was why it was put into a book for this generation to see.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably Chuck.
Either him or that new sockpuppet from the esteemed educational facility at Corpus Christi who knows we're all wrong but can't articulate why.
Look at them! Are you fighting for Sub who once lied that, English belongs to the US? Any way, birds of a feather.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2013

replaytime wrote:
Ok new subject. Science does not know exactly why ice is slippery. Who is going to be first to tackle this one?
Good! Science in all sense, has its own limitations just like humans birth and death.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing.
Because you're not even interested in learning about it.
<quoted text>
Despite your ignorance life could even exist in our own solar system, and still many places all over the universe. Based on how little we have actually explored the universe (which contains BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of galaxies) it is hardly surprising we haven't found much yet.
<quoted text>
How do you know they don't exist? Just where exactly have you searched?
I'll tell you - Earth.
Meanwhile cosmologists are scouring the universe and are still more optimistic than you. Why? Because they know what they're talking about.
So no, your point DOESN'T stand.
lol...you evolutionists are such hypocrites. You believe as creationists that non life created life. Yet you chuckle at them for thinking such an absurd thought when the fact remains what created life is a present unknown be it lifeless inorganic matter or an invisible being that made itself from nothing to exist.
Then there's the fact that there's as much evidence to show life doesn't exist anywhere else as there is evidence to show a global flood couldn't have happened according to you.
Here's a substantiated fact. We have a wide variety of planets with different chemical make ups in this solar system. If life could have been sustained in different forms on other planets as it's happened on this planet, those planets had about the same amount of time or more to develop that life through the same process of evolution as it's happened on this planet. And here's some more of your hypocrisy. You make excuses for why life can't be found yet you howl at those who by the same logic supply excuses for why a global flood hasn't been found. Too fricking good, you go dude.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Though only the tiniest of a fraction of them.
<quoted text>
The 'search' has only been going on for an extremely short time. Even is we go back to Tesla, we still talking about less than 150 years. Not really enough time to do any kind of exhaustive search.
<quoted text>
That's your interpretation. If you research it, it seems that we're finding planets that could possible harbor life. More planets. Not less planets.
<quoted text>
Again, you have a very poor understanding of the distance and time frames involved.
<quoted text>
See last comment.
<quoted text>
Nope.
In theory, systems older than our own that are like our own should have developed life as our own or maybe even a different life form that has accelerated to having an intelligent specie like ourselves but more developed. That's in theory. And with that developed intelligence one would think they would have came here in discovering us long before we knew of them. That's in theory.
But what science has shown in it's research is that life as developed as our own is a growing improbability. People of science was theorized life as our own did exist else where. Finding none science has settled for looking for just cell life or even fossilized life. Understand? Science is reaching for the smallest straws to reason why life developed here and so far obviously hasn't developed elsewhere in like manner.
We know life exists we just don't why it exists.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what scientists have stated. Sadly, you do not. Maybe if you'd get over your arrogance, you might listen to them.
Cite one scientist that claims the earth can do anything it wants.
This is easy. Let's begin with an actual science teacher shall we?Please go to your nearest middle school and find a science teacher and ask them if the earth has the capability to cause one or more natural catastrophes it will on a minor or major scale. See, I don't know about you, but I was taught by science teachers and professors of science while in school that the earth can do whatever it will as far as catastrophes go. According to you your science teachers taught you the exact opposite that the earth has a limited potential and can only do so much concerning natural catastrophes according to the dictates of humans (like you and your science teachers)and what they think the planet can do and won't do. Speaking of arrogance...you and your mind control of this planet...got ya lol

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

The different arguments going on that God does not is a surprising thing to me. Scientist do believe in the existence of longitudes, latitudes, equators, meridian, etc. All these are imaginary lines(lines that can not be seen), but they believe in its existence.

Level 2

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Conclusively. If those invisible lines exist, then the almighty God who is also invisible exist. Case closed!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
If the above was just feasibly possible which I'm all for possibilities, it would seem with the wide varied chemical make up of the planets in our own solar system, they would have in the same manner along the same timeline developed 'some type' of life that we would have discovered about by now. Since we know of no life on those planets, as people are fond of saying in here, that's plenty of evidence against life existing else where.
Absolutely not , we have "somewhat" investigated two places physically , we have close orbit pictures of a couple dozen.
There is still the possibility there is here in this solar system.
Though I admit that the prospects are low of us finding advanced lifeforms within this system, there is still a high degree of possibility we could find primitive forms, such as bacteria.

But to put this into perspective in this galaxy alone conservatively there are as many as 1-400,000,000 places to look at the very least. You have given up after 2 real checks and 24 fly by's. Just as an experiment I want you to see if you can spot life in this picture.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons...

Because we didn't spot any on another planet yet, doesn't mean we wont find at least the microscopic kind eventually right here.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What is that we believe is LUCA/MRCA?
Apples & Oranges.

Two separate concepts.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
Conclusively. If those invisible lines exist, then the almighty God who is also invisible exist. Case closed!
Invisible lines are imaginary Charles, because we...humans made them up , and they exist only in our minds to represent something.

Are you conceding that god is the same thing?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2013

Judged:

Charles Idemi wrote:
The different arguments going on that God does not is a surprising thing to me. Scientist do believe in the existence of longitudes, latitudes, equators, meridian, etc. All these are imaginary lines(lines that can not be seen), but they believe in its existence.
All those examples you posted above are tools made by and employed by MAN.

Much like the concept of a Supreme Being.

The difference being we can detect longitudes, latitudes, equators, and meridians.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

51 Users are viewing the Weird Forum right now

Search the Weird Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
LOVE and OTHER BRUISES (Apr '12) 11 min Adrian DeVine 1,277
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 16 min Adrian DeVine 15,904
The letter E (Jun '13) 19 min MoonDancing 855
A Potpourri of Expressions in Words & Rhyme (Sep '12) 21 min Adrian DeVine 716
+=Keep 1 Drop 1=+ 3 STACK (Mar '13) 22 min Camilla 6,824
"Poetry in Motion" (Sep '13) 24 min Adrian DeVine 113
I Come To Topix Especially To Read Posts By (Jan '11) 28 min Adrian DeVine 4,239
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 48 min eleanorigby 35,112
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 hr Mister_ E 141,681
Message to Obama 8 hr Cant do it 766
Man arrested after talking to bushes, shrubs 8 hr innocent_bystander 23
•••
•••