Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
95,661 - 95,680 of 115,254 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#101205 Oct 16, 2013
Beat me to it, Aura.

Great minds....yadda, yadda.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#101206 Oct 16, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
Beat me to it, Aura.
Great minds....yadda, yadda.
Hiya Kong lol hope everything is going swell in Fla.
Charles cracks me up big time.
I can use my imagination as physical evidence today...
um I imagine I can..... yep! LOL!
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101207 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
lol...fricking to funny. You're a supposed evolutionist that believes life came from non life which is no different than what creationists claim and you think less of them...lol.
No, creationists don't think life came from non-life. Ever.
No Surprise wrote:
Than you have a problem reading what I actually wrote and responding to it in kind.
No, it's you who has that problem.
No Surprise wrote:
The single life form I spoke of was not LUCA(LUCY)you meant to spell?
No I meant what I wrote and spelled it correctly. If you had the slightest idea of what you were talking about you would understand that. As it is you don't even have a basic rudimentary science education which for some reason means you think you can make lots of silly proclamations about science which are acually BS and think you should be taken seriously.
No Surprise wrote:
Who said it was just one single solitary planet? Don't you read much? Most scientists have 'claimed' it and they keep proving that claim each time they have a new telescope and or machine to see just a bit farther into the universe than the last time they looked.
No, since no scientists have found alien life on other planets yet. None. Nor have they claimed to. Although if I were to say come back when you knew what you were talking about then you probably would never come back.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101208 Oct 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to give them a break. According to science nothing could ever pass through the corona of the sun and survive. But it happened and it wasn't even something big. This is all new to them and goes against what they have been told by science. So now they have to re-think and have time to come up with new excuses for answers. Give them a little time and they will come up with some BS answer.
Actually you're lying, because like him, you're conflating passing through the corona with a direct hit to the heart of the sun. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your silly little rants.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101209 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
If the above was just feasibly possible which I'm all for possibilities, it would seem with the wide varied chemical make up of the planets in our own solar system, they would have in the same manner along the same timeline developed 'some type' of life that we would have discovered about by now.
Since we've hardly checked even our own solar system, there could still be life here. Or maybe there was in the past. Mars for example. We've hardly scratched the surface. But since it once had an atmosphere MAYBE life developed. And MAYBE it still lives underground. Also Europa is a good candidate for life under the ice, but it'll be a while before we can dig under it. Most of the rest of the solar system though doesn't appear to be condusive to life.
No Surprise wrote:
Since we know of no life on those planets, as people are fond of saying in here, that's plenty of evidence against life existing else where.
Actually there is ZERO evidence against life existing elsewhere. We just haven't been able to find it yet because we haven't BEEN there yet. Also our instruments are barely good enough to see planets orbiting stars. When that gets better we may hopefully be able to see planets directly and use spectroscopy to determine its chemical makeup. That MAY indicate life on that planet, but again it won't be certain.

If you carry on talking you will carry on telling the whole world what you don't know.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101210 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I know. Anything can be a possibility.
And mountains may float on thin air tomorrow.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101211 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
I agree and this is where I've used your logic for why life else where doesn't exist
No you haven't.
No Surprise wrote:
and you don't seem to like me doing it. Why is that? For all the 'reasonable' evidence you claim exists to prove a global flood never happened, every time we look farther and farther into the universe, every time we get to analyze a planet's chemical makeup and or it's surface, we reveal overwhelming evidence life exists on earth and only earth.
No, all we find is that life isn't where we looked yet. Or we haven't actually looked closely enough because we don't yet have the tech to do so.

Life does not violate physics.

Global flood does.

That is the difference.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101212 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you're so correct. But inquiring minds will note what astronomers have noted. And you being a skeptic haven't noted what they noted and didn't think what they now know is a fact wasn't and still isn't a fact to you. You're wearing blinders like horses wore to afford you your skepticism. Doesn't have to be that way, just saying :)
Of the two of us it is not me who has rejected science. So your post is disingenuous to say the least.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101213 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Talking crap? Read your own logic why don't you..lol.
We have plenty of evidence against the existence of life on other planets
Sure we do. Plenty of evidence against life on Jupiter, Saturn, Pluto, Neptune, Mercury, Venus, etc.

No evidence AGAINST life around Rigel.
No Surprise wrote:
and you say it doesn't matter that life could still exist.
Yes. With TRILLONS of stars in the universe there could quite easily be lots of other Earth-like life-sustaining planets. There is nothing in physics that prevents this possibility.
No Surprise wrote:
Yet in the same breath you state the same exact conclusion for why a flood didn't happen even though some claim it could have. You go dude...lol.
That's because the flood VIOLATES physics. Alien life does not. Therefore you need evidence that physics radically changes and flip-flops at whim, on a regular basis. In short, you need evidence of invisible magic Jew wizards.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#101214 Oct 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to give them a break. According to science nothing could ever pass through the corona of the sun and survive. But it happened and it wasn't even something big. This is all new to them and goes against what they have been told by science. So now they have to re-think and have time to come up with new excuses for answers. Give them a little time and they will come up with some BS answer.
It maybe also that gravitational lensing may have made it appear to pass a bit closer than it actually did. But 87,000 miles
is a pretty good distance replay, that's about 3x times the distance
from a geosync orbit of Earth and and over 1/3 the distance to the moon.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#101215 Oct 16, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what about the Neandertals?
The average person is around 4% Neanderthal by DNA

Oh and around 25% daffodil
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101216 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. God exist and there is nothing you or any one else can do about that. For Dude, he calls them goat herders, what were your ancestors doing before now? Living under the earth.
As will you. Always remember that every time you pretend to be all high and mighty to us.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101217 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Divine miracle ofcourse. Science has its own limitations. Without the brain, there is no science, can science create a brain? No but God can. Go back to your barbaric ancestors and learn from them.
We did. God didn't make the Earth flat. And God didn't bother to tell us it wasn't either.(shrug)

You can thank science for that. And thank science for your computer too, but you won't because you're a hypocrite.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101218 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Nope.
Yup. It's right there in the Bible. Your only excuse is that they said one thing but you "know" that they meant something completely different.
Charles Idemi wrote:
<Your barbaric ancestors did more than that. Grow up!
I did. That's why I don't believe in talking donkeys and lizards like in the Bible.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101219 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you evolutionists are such hypocrites. You believe as creationists that non life created life. Yet you chuckle at them for thinking such an absurd thought when the fact remains what created life is a present unknown be it lifeless inorganic matter or an invisible being that made itself from nothing to exist.
Why am I a hypocrite when I'm not the one arguing against a caricature?

No matter how many times we explain a concept you still get it wrong. That's not our problem.
No Surprise wrote:
Then there's the fact that there's as much evidence to show life doesn't exist anywhere else as there is evidence to show a global flood couldn't have happened according to you.
You're wrong as usual and we've since explained why. Since you have NOT been able to refute subsequent rebuttals all you can do is repeat fallacious arguments we have already dealt with.

Therefore you are either dishonest or stupid. Possibily both, I'm open minded to all three.
No Surprise wrote:
Here's a substantiated fact. We have a wide variety of planets with different chemical make ups in this solar system. If life could have been sustained in different forms on other planets as it's happened on this planet, those planets had about the same amount of time or more to develop that life through the same process of evolution as it's happened on this planet. And here's some more of your hypocrisy. You make excuses for why life can't be found yet you howl at those who by the same logic supply excuses for why a global flood hasn't been found. Too fricking good, you go dude.
Here's more substantiated fact - global flood as espoused in the Bible violates physics. Life on other planets does not. The reasons I gave as to why life hasn't been found elsewhere yet ARE valid. And further, you AREN'T able to address them.

In short your ignorance is NOT our problem.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#101220 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...and your response is a perfect example of how people reacted when it was first theorized and asteroid led to the demise of the dinosaur. And if a small tiny comet survived the sun's comet, that's proof your shallow mind can't comprehend that maybe, just maybe if it happened something larger and more solid might penetrate beyond the corona and do who knows what damage. But of course your the skeptic that pretends pigs can fly to prove you'll reject other possibilities based on actual evidence.
Because anything's possible. Anywhere. At any time.

/sarcasm

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#101221 Oct 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, RP! How about some links to where 'science' said nothing could ever survive a pass through the corona. I haven't found it as yet.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101222 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
In theory, systems older than our own that are like our own should have developed life as our own or maybe even a different life form that has accelerated to having an intelligent specie like ourselves but more developed. That's in theory. And with that developed intelligence one would think they would have came here in discovering us long before we knew of them. That's in theory.
That's in YOUR theory. But you have long shown that science is not your forte.
No Surprise wrote:
But what science has shown in it's research is that life as developed as our own is a growing improbability.
In this solar system yes. Mars has had much less time and IF life was there it may have now died out due to it losing its atmosphere due to a lack of magnetic field. As for Europa being covered in ice, it may have taken longer for its insides to be warmed by the sun before life could develop, so if the trait of intelligence takes a while to evolve, again, it may not have had the chance. The other problem is that intelligence itself has its disadvantages, so there is no reason that life as intelligent as us would be selected for. Or even if it does they could end up wiping each other out for the sake of invisible magic (invented) Gods.
No Surprise wrote:
People of science was theorized life as our own did exist else where.
No, they HYPOTHESISE that life can exist eslewhere. And still do.
No Surprise wrote:
Finding none science has settled for looking for just cell life or even fossilized life. Understand? Science is reaching for the smallest straws to reason why life developed here and so far obviously hasn't developed elsewhere in like manner.
It has nothing to do with clutching at straws and everything to do with your lack of comprehension of any of the subjects involved.
No Surprise wrote:
We know life exists we just don't why it exists.
That makes no difference whether life exists elsewhere or not.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#101223 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what I know. Anything can be a possibility. What I like is the humorous similarity between evolutionists and creationists. Concerning life, they both believe the first living thing was made from non living matter.
Every living thing is still make up of non-living matter. Unless, of course, you can demonstrate living carbon or some other living element.

What is your proposal for the source for the 'first living thing'?
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101224 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
This is easy. Let's begin with an actual science teacher shall we?Please go to your nearest middle school and find a science teacher and ask them if the earth has the capability to cause one or more natural catastrophes it will on a minor or major scale. See, I don't know about you, but I was taught by science teachers and professors of science while in school that the earth can do whatever it will as far as catastrophes go. According to you your science teachers taught you the exact opposite that the earth has a limited potential and can only do so much concerning natural catastrophes according to the dictates of humans (like you and your science teachers)and what they think the planet can do and won't do. Speaking of arrogance...you and your mind control of this planet...got ya lol
Actually physics controls this planet. Anything you were taught about science in school you have long forgotten. Go back and ask them if mountains might float on thin air tomorrow. Or if anything on Earth would survive if we turn up the temps to 10,000 degrees kelvin. If they say yes without laughing we know they were creationists.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"BEWARE of ISIS!" 6 min Grace Nerissa 11
Something Different 6 min 40ish 132
Fergson Police Dept. 7 min Hoosier Hillbilly 360
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 20 min Grace Nerissa 6,839
nascar.... (Feb '14) 22 min Spirit67_ 412
what are you wearing? (Mar '12) 25 min Spirit67_ 220
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 26 min Spirit67_ 18,606
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr the wandering girl 145,323
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 6 hr Princess Hey 28,512
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 6 hr LOST IN MISSISSIPPI 35,981
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••