Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 205136 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#101234 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
It hasn't been shown (in theory)that it's possible for an object to penetrate 'deep' into the sun (as I hypothetically proposed)and survive due to the heat that would burn it up once the object passed the corona. It use to be thought it was impossible for an object to get through the corona without being burnt up. The comet Lovely proved that thought incorrect. So the new thought has regressed to the chromosphere and or photosphere where an object would surely be burnt up.
I asked you about your suggestion of an object disturbing the position of the sun. Have you abandoned that idea?

The majority of writings on Lovejoy indicated that the comet was LIKELY to be destroyed. It was never a certainty. Given that the corona is not a perfect sphere and constantly changing plus the uncertainty of the exact composition of the comet, it seems reasonable to conclude its destruction was likely though not certain.

I know your not fond of that word 'reasonable'.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#101235 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
In theory, systems older than our own that are like our own should have developed life as our own or maybe even a different life form that has accelerated to having an intelligent specie like ourselves but more developed. That's in theory.
If time were the only factor, yes. But it isn't, so no.
No Surprise wrote:
And with that developed intelligence one would think they would have came here in discovering us long before we knew of them. That's in theory.
Who's theory is that? Yours?

Once again, you have an extremely poor appreciation for the distances and time scales involved.
No Surprise wrote:
But what science has shown in it's research is that life as developed as our own is a growing improbability.
Then provide that citation and stop pulling crap out of your ass.
No Surprise wrote:
People of science was theorized life as our own did exist else where. Finding none science has settled for looking for just cell life or even fossilized life. Understand?
I understand that you have no idea what you are talking about. Science has come to no such conclusions nor can you provide any information to back up your opinions. Do you read anything besides comic books?
No Surprise wrote:
Science is reaching for the smallest straws to reason why life developed here and so far obviously hasn't developed elsewhere in like manner.
Citation! Who are these scientists???
No Surprise wrote:
We know life exists we just don't why it exists.
Why and how are two different questions. Science deals with the how. You'll have to sort out the why on your own.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#101236 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
This is easy. Let's begin with an actual science teacher shall we?Please go to your nearest middle school and find a science teacher and ask them if the earth has the capability to cause one or more natural catastrophes it will on a minor or major scale. See, I don't know about you, but I was taught by science teachers and professors of science while in school that the earth can do whatever it will as far as catastrophes go.
First off, I asked you to cite one scientist that claims the earth can do anything it wants. You have failed to do that. Probably because you know you cannot. And never will.

Secondly, unless you went to idiot school - which seems likely - your teachers NEVER taught you that the earth can do anything at all. Which was your claim.
No Surprise wrote:
According to you your science teachers taught you the exact opposite that the earth has a limited potential and can only do so much concerning natural catastrophes according to the dictates of humans (like you and your science teachers)...
You really are an idiot. The earth DOES have limited potential. And it has noting to do with the dictates of humans. That is just stupid crap you're throwing out there for no reason whatsoever. I've never claimed that the potential of the earth is dictated by humans. And you know it. So now your crossing into the territory of bold-faced liar. Is this the best that you can do?
No Surprise wrote:
...and what they think the planet can do and won't do. Speaking of arrogance...you and your mind control of this planet...got ya lol
Bingo! Liar! Can't make a decent argument so you have to resort to lies. No surprise, indeed.

And you've got nothing. Never did.

“When you treat people as they ”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#101237 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Likewise. God exist and there is nothing you or any one else can do about that. For Dude, he calls them goat herders, what were your ancestors doing before now? Living under the earth.
Wrong,
Complete lack of evidence indicates otherwise
Logic indicates otherwise
Psychology indicates otherwise
Cosmology indicates otherwise
Biology indicates otherwise
Physics indicates otherwise
Geology indicates otherwise
Philosophy indicates otherwise
Evolution indicates otherwise
Morality indicates otherwise
Ethics indicates otherwise
Childhood leukaemia indicates otherwise
And – the big and – although it is bordering on impossible to prove an intangible (a fact that godbots rely on) E=MC^2 actually proves otherwise.

And you have what, a book that was selectively copied from another book written by goat herders, escaped slaves and stoned preachers of no provenance. And a book that is was compiled by committee some 300 years after events (of which many factual documented events contradict including the book from which the OT was selectively copied). The resulting NT was edited and changed to the extent that in the early 1600s King James ordered a committee to write another book comprising of the best bits of all the different versions

So no god then

I too know the history of the babble and I too understand that the authors of the babble were goat herders and I add escaped slaves and stoned preachers. Note that hashish grows abundantly and freely in the biblical lands and the babble stories smack of cannabinoid dreams

As for my ancestors, the earliest I can go back about 1200 years but they were Viking so the probability is they were marauding, pillaging and raping in between bouts of carousing and farming and worshipping the all father Odin and Thor and doing what they could to appease Fraya.(perhaps that last deity is above your comprehension lever)

So your condescending ignorance is once again shown to be just that, condescending ignorance and yet you are happy to continue in you ignorance – go figure.

How about you? What were your ancestors doing 800 years ago?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#101238 Oct 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
Because we didn't spot any on another planet yet, doesn't mean we wont find at least the microscopic kind eventually right here.
No Surprise doesn't want life to be found anywhere else in the universe. The whole idea scares the shit out of him. He's certain that we are 'special'. To discover we might not be will destroy his whole philosophy.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#101239 Oct 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It maybe also that gravitational lensing may have made it appear to pass a bit closer than it actually did. But 87,000 miles
is a pretty good distance replay, that's about 3x times the distance
from a geosync orbit of Earth and and over 1/3 the distance to the moon.
Oh, come on! Gravitational lensing is caused by blowing the picture up too much. Don't you keep up with Ryan Science??? Sheesh!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#101240 Oct 16, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...and your response is a perfect example of how people reacted when it was first theorized and asteroid led to the demise of the dinosaur. And if a small tiny comet survived the sun's comet, that's proof your shallow mind can't comprehend that maybe, just maybe if it happened something larger and more solid might penetrate beyond the corona and do who knows what damage. But of course your the skeptic that pretends pigs can fly to prove you'll reject other possibilities based on actual evidence.
Well, that makes perfect sense - when pigs fly.
sometimes "clueless and nuts" just rings hollow

Level 6

#101241 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Stop calling names, like your friend Dude, and face the statement squarely. Christianity, despite the spread or rise of atheism, are still on the high side. Learn from your barbaric ancestors.
Honey, your hypocrisy is outstanding even considering the high standards set by your faith. When you stop abusing my name, my heritage and my ancestors then I will refrain for calling you names, until then remember one thing – PUBLIC THREAD.

Why are you so delusional. Although the various (40,000+) sects of christianity make up a little more than 30% of the total religiosity of the world that number is in decline to the extent that church leaders are putting aside their differences and getting together to attempt a marketing campaign in a vain attempt to stop the apathy of christinaity.

It is estimated that Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world.

As for none belief we are looking at somewhere between 11 and 18% of world population and said to be on the increase.

Or looked at another way, if all atheists and agnostics left the USA, it would lose 93% of the National Academy of Sciences but less than 1% of the prison population.

Level 6

#101242 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
Conclusively. If those invisible lines exist, then the almighty God who is also invisible exist. Case closed!
Actually science does not believe the longitude and latitude lines exist, they know they are imaginary

And of course you yourself have (in a spark of intellectual brilliance on you part) just claimed them to be imaginary therefore by your own logic your god must likewise be imaginary.

How to shoot yourself in the foot but hey, just like your hypocrisy, it is something you excel at

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#101243 Oct 16, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that makes perfect sense - when pigs fly.
sometimes "clueless and nuts" just rings hollow
LOL! no kidding! Topix need to add "batshit crazy" and "drooling twit" judge-its!

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101244 Oct 16, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you're lying, because like him, you're conflating passing through the corona with a direct hit to the heart of the sun. But hey, don't let facts get in the way of your silly little rants.(shrug)
Yep I must be confused. How did I get that science did not think a comet could survive passing through the suns corona? Oh yea by what they say.

Scientists mystified how Comet Lovejoy survived 2 million degree K temperature pass through Sun’s corona.

A small comet survived what astronomers figured would be a sure death when it danced uncomfortably close to the broiling Sun. Comet Lovejoy, which was only discovered a couple of weeks ago, was supposed to melt Thursday night when it came close to where temperatures hit several million degrees. They were then shocked when a bright spot emerged on the Sun’s other side. Lovejoy lived.

http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...

Level 6

#101245 Oct 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep I must be confused. How did I get that science did not think a comet could survive passing through the suns corona? Oh yea by what they say.
Scientists mystified how Comet Lovejoy survived 2 million degree K temperature pass through Sun’s corona.
A small comet survived what astronomers figured would be a sure death when it danced uncomfortably close to the broiling Sun. Comet Lovejoy, which was only discovered a couple of weeks ago, was supposed to melt Thursday night when it came close to where temperatures hit several million degrees. They were then shocked when a bright spot emerged on the Sun’s other side. Lovejoy lived.
So you relay on anonymous blogs with distinctly godcentric tilts to their postings for your information?

Hnnm this does explain a lot

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#101246 Oct 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Invisible lines are imaginary Charles, because we...humans made them up , and they exist only in our minds to represent something.
Are you conceding that god is the same thing?
Since those lines exist, that people can not see. God almighty also exist.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#101247 Oct 16, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Odd that the word "mystified" appears neither in this article (other than the title) nor in the related CBC article.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/comet-survi...

Surprised or delighted maybe. But 'mystified' sounds more spookier, huh?

Level 2

Location hidden

#101248 Oct 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Invisible lines are imaginary Charles, because we...humans made them up , and they exist only in our minds to represent something.
Are you conceding that god is the same thing?
Of course, but they do exist, what about the date lines, where either gain or lose a day? Is that not a reality? Can you physically see those date lines?

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#101249 Oct 16, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure you are.
<quoted text>
Not magic. Science. Try it sometime.
<quoted text>
Obsessed? Funny. You're that one obsessed with "the earth can do anything".
Please cite the ice age that occurred within this region and time-frame.
Try science sometime? lol...And you do? You're the one sponsoring the science of a desert that's 'supposedly' been free of water in places for 100,000 years. Yet you didn't read the science left out and excluded that certain glacial periods have affected this high desert area like other near by mountainous areas with glacial/snow bound runoff within your 100,000 year time line? You prove what you don't know. Nuff said.

Level 6

#101250 Oct 16, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Since those lines exist, that people can not see. God almighty also exist.
But they don’t exist, what is so difficult to understand?

Level 2

Location hidden

#101251 Oct 16, 2013
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
All those examples you posted above are tools made by and employed by MAN.
Much like the concept of a Supreme Being.
The difference being we can detect longitudes, latitudes, equators, and meridians.
Dreaming again! But those lines are imaginary and do realistic things just like what the almighty creator are doing. Just admit the truth, budy.

Level 2

Location hidden

#101252 Oct 16, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Hiya Kong lol hope everything is going swell in Fla.
Charles cracks me up big time.
I can use my imagination as physical evidence today...
um I imagine I can..... yep! LOL!
Foul ! You can detect those imaginary lines but can not detect God. Get a clue about spiritual matters because, he exist.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#101253 Oct 16, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So you relay on anonymous blogs with distinctly godcentric tilts to their postings for your information?
Hnnm this does explain a lot
How many would you like?

http://www.space.com/13959-doomed-comet-lovej...

http://www.space.com/13963-comet-lovejoy-lose...

I would give you one from NASA but like our government, they are shut down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 2 min Poppyann 14,154
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 min Tony Clifton Impe... 197,648
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 7 min -Coffee Mate-- 82,539
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 7 min Denny CranesPlace 59,871
News In Tom Wolfe's 'Kingdom,' Speech Is The One Wei... 8 min Suezanne 6
What are you wearing today? (Nov '09) 9 min Jane 12,436
Change "1" letter =ONLY= (Oct '15) 16 min SUG here 33
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 51 min Knock off purse s... 33,267
Crystal_Clears Kitchen (Refurbished) (Jan '16) 4 hr Lucy the First 8,862
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 4 hr Jennifer Renee 19,835
More from around the web