Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#101106 Oct 14, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Keep on chewing your cud. Many nations of the earth who were into idol worshipping, are predominantly christians today.
Trying to be a condescending fool only brands you as a fool because you really donít have the intelligence to be condescending

Nope, not predominantly, 31% is not predominance when 69% are NOT christian. You must also remember your heritage, christianity is built on the belief of those idol worshippers. Think Atan Ra (one god), Horus (for many jesus stories), Saturnalia, Yule, Eostra etc.

And as history has taught us, religions rise and religions fall. It seems that throughout the christian world (except the US) that chrisianity is on the decline

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#101107 Oct 14, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you still guess and accuse anyone not guessing in exactly the same way as you guess of heresy?
However science is at least doing something about that ignorance, they are learning to fill the gap with knowledge and understanding, this is called education, something you seem to be lacking
Funny that, I have just shown you that science is ignorant of how, I have just admitted this to you in the very post you responded to and yet you seem to be of the opinion that I should admit it. Wow you are weird arenít you?
Honey it is YOU who is not admitting to your ignorance while at the same time proving that you are ignorant
It hasn't helped Charles, in fact I think he's going backwards.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101108 Oct 14, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does.
He brought up the BBT.
No it doesn't, as he accepted the premise of the Big Bang. However even if he doesn't it doesn't matter since his point was about abiogenesis and that he doesn't believe it because Goddidit with magic. And if he also rejects the Big Bang that will also be because he thinks Goddidit with magic. And if he rejects evolution it will be because he thinks Goddidit with magic. In fact it's safe to say that this will apply no matter his incredulity on any scientific subject that quite frankly if he accepts any science at all it would be evidence of a divine miracle.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#101109 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> It hasn't helped Charles, in fact I think he's going backwards.
Is it that obvious? LOL

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#101110 Oct 14, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure it does.
He brought up the BBT. You responded with "Yes, if you're a creationist you believe life appeared out of nothing, despite the abundance of materials which could be found in the universe at the time. And that's what science proposes, that life developed via natural chemical processes, something which was prevalent throughout the universe. "
So I asked you did all that abundance of materials come from something smaller than a subatomic particle, which is what was there before the big bang.
Fer cryin' out loud. I'd read half the Bible before I was 10, but it's just too damn much for a creationist to be asked to read an article or two >before< they start posing "incredulous" physics questions?

The origin of the BB is not held as being a singularity, but a condition similar to one. No matter exists in a nearly infinitely small singularity, but a singularity can contain a nearly infinite amount of energy. Energy --> particles, particles --> atoms, atoms + fusion --> heavier atoms, atoms + atoms --> chemical molecules.
And before you ask "on Charles behalf",- there's nothing is physics that ever indicated a bumblebee can't fly and it takes about 250 licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#101111 Oct 14, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it that obvious? LOL
ROFLMAO

“Lets all play DantheDipshyts”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

game.of annoyance. It's fun.

#101112 Oct 14, 2013
How can there be self-help "groups"?
endtimes

Marietta, GA

#101113 Oct 14, 2013

coming Global Awakening______

http://youtu.be/xO_Sk9CzFkY

Level 5

#101114 Oct 14, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Fer cryin' out loud. I'd read half the Bible before I was 10, but it's just too damn much for a creationist to be asked to read an article or two >before< they start posing "incredulous" physics questions?
The origin of the BB is not held as being a singularity, but a condition similar to one. No matter exists in a nearly infinitely small singularity, but a singularity can contain a nearly infinite amount of energy. Energy --> particles, particles --> atoms, atoms + fusion --> heavier atoms, atoms + atoms --> chemical molecules.
And before you ask "on Charles behalf",- there's nothing is physics that ever indicated a bumblebee can't fly and it takes about 250 licks to get to the center of a tootsie pop.
What??? The origin of the BB is not held as being a singularity???

Well sure it is. Just ask Tick he will educate you on how it all was a singularity before the BBT and after it all started expanding time came in to existence, from that singularity.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101115 Oct 14, 2013
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, only 3:

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#101116 Oct 14, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know what you believe and really what ever you do is your choice. Myself I believe in evolution, change over periods of time. I also believe God or a high form started life for I do not believe in abiogenesis. The evolutionists always say that abiogenesis has nothing to do with evolution but they step on their own asss showing that if you don't believe in evolution AND abiogenesis then you are just a creationist/creatard.
They hate any God in everyway and will do what it takes to rule one out. They cannot even except that while some people believe in evolution, they believe in God as well. In their minds that is not expectable. Either you swallow the abiogenesis with evolution or you don't matter.
It doesn't matter what I believe or don't believe. I don't and never have believe life came from one or more life sources. We have absolutely not a single piece of circumstantial to factual evidence of this taking place. On top of that I'm told after billions of years of trial and error it 'appears' the structuring and destruction and restructuring of matter finally got it right to produce life on this single solitary planet.
I'm well and fine with the theories based on living and nonliving things we form the theory of evolution upon. But this believe it took billions of years of trial and error to finally create life as we now exist on one single solitary planet, yeah whatever I suppose.

Level 5

#101117 Oct 14, 2013
This has to have an effect on evolution.

In-vitro fertilization, or IVF, has become so common that researchers now estimate that some 5 million babies in the last 35 years. Whatís more, half(2.5 million) of those babies have arrived in just the past six years.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/5-million-babie...

Man is throwing evolution a curveball. It is not natural selection anymore. It is human selection. We can make the un-able to have babies able to have babies and we can even pick the sex of babies.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101118 Oct 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't matter what I believe or don't believe. I don't and never have believe life came from one or more life sources. We have absolutely not a single piece of circumstantial to factual evidence of this taking place. On top of that I'm told after billions of years of trial and error it 'appears' the structuring and destruction and restructuring of matter finally got it right to produce life on this single solitary planet.
I'm well and fine with the theories based on living and nonliving things we form the theory of evolution upon. But this believe it took billions of years of trial and error to finally create life as we now exist on one single solitary planet, yeah whatever I suppose.
We have scientific evidence that supports our beliefs. If you want to discuss that I and others would be more than happy to. And I seriously doubt if any evolutionist believes the Earth is the only planet with life on it. We may never know if other planets have life on them, but it is a reasonable assumption.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#101119 Oct 14, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you suggesting a bb is going to move a monster truck wheel.
A little inaccurate. The comet Lovejoy passed through the sun's corona and survived. Who's to say what would happen if something larger, much larger and solid passed into the sun. We probably wouldn't be around to wonder about it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101120 Oct 14, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
A little inaccurate. The comet Lovejoy passed through the sun's corona and survived. Who's to say what would happen if something larger, much larger and solid passed into the sun. We probably wouldn't be around to wonder about it.
If you cannot provide a valid link confirming this then it never happened.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#101121 Oct 14, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes we understand. You're not using logic. The fact we exist means we SHOULD exist no matter what. Doesn't matter if God was responsible or something else was. Doesn't matter if aliens exist elsewhere or not. We exist. Therefore it is logical for us to exist for whatever forces are ultimately responsible for us were capable of making us exist. Period.
<quoted text>
No, actually the odds of us existing are 100%. I present you to yourself as evidence.
Of course those odds would change if we rewound the clock back before life started. At which point NO-ONE knows what the odds are, since there is not enough information about all the necessary variables involved, therefore no numbers can be assigned TO those variables.
<quoted text>
A fluke we may be, but even so it still could have happened in TRILLIONS of other places across the universe. And we'd still never know due to the sheer distances involved. The universe is a BIG place. Even ships used by Captain Kirk might even be too slow for us to overcome this obstacle.
An excellent post reaffirming my point. Thanks :)

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#101122 Oct 14, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Not believing BS is NOT an extreme position. You don't seem to realise what you're claiming. You could throw an object the size of Jupiter at the sun and the sun would happily gobble it up and we wouldn't feel a thing. Now, if another star or large enough black hole happens to swing by our sun that that would be different...
Pretend the comet Lovejoy and it's survival passing through the sun's corona is instead that wandering planet they found and instead of being gaseous, pretend it's a solid cold lifeless hunk of rock to it's center and science has shown it's on a course for the sun's center mass.

Level 5

#101123 Oct 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
http://theextinctionprotocol.wordpress.com/20...

This one even has a video of it.

http://phys.org/news/2013-06-comet-lovejoy-wi...

Level 5

#101124 Oct 14, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
A couple more just in case you say those two are not valid.

http://www.space.com/13959-doomed-comet-lovej...

http://www.space.com/13959-doomed-comet-lovej...

NASA has one as well but the site is shut down along with our worthless government.

Hope those are enough and valid enough for you.

Level 5

#101125 Oct 14, 2013
Hmmm. Here is the other one.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2013/0607/Co...

For some reason (probably done unknown by me) the same link was posted twice in my last post.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Denny Crain's Place (May '10) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 17,544
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Denny CranesPlace 37,753
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr _hellbilly_ 152,773
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 2 hr Just TLC 3,000
what are you feeling right now? (Dec '08) 2 hr wichita-rick 1,206
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 2 hr andet1987 7,755
raaxeeye77 3 hr raaxeeye77 1
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 4 hr andet1987 1,127
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 6 hr andet1987 30,058
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 10 hr BLOODY__FATALITY 25,838