Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#101045 Oct 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
All you had to do was to copy this sentence from that article:
<quoted text>
Please note the last sentence.
OK you win, everything says that regardless the method employed
to initiate the lean in a curve, that counter steering occurs.
I can't argue with that, it just wasn't my intuition of it.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#101046 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
C'mon people. It is just a simple bicycle that everyone of you knew exactly how it worked. Not so simple anymore is it. It depends on what you read and what you believe. Like it or not the answer is "they don't exactly know". They have many theories, but nothing exact as of today. LOL
No it seems to have to do with the geometry of two wheels.
It's something I never thought about so like all the others like me
I said I don't do that. But I did do that, but didn't know it.

I guess that's arguing like a creationist.

“Lets all play DantheDipshyts”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

game.of annoyance. It's fun.

#101047 Oct 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
By the way, if you are changing from one turn to another you are already countersteering by definition.
What some bikers do unfortunately in emergency situations is to turn the bike to the left when they want to go left without countersteering to the right first. At speeds the motion is subtle, it becomes an automatic part of setting up a turn. I found several articles on why countersteering is a must. Some from motorcycle safety organizations. I have not seen any that claim you can turn without countersteering.
Sub your cause is because of centrifugal force. Like when you are driving a car and turn sharp left it throws your body to the right.

Level 5

#101048 Oct 12, 2013
But lets take away the rider, the weight shifting and the rider balance and just have a bike by itself and TADA, the bike will still go on upright and counter itself as long as it is up at a certain speed.

Level 5

#101049 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
But lets take away the rider, the weight shifting and the rider balance and just have a bike by itself and TADA, the bike will still go on upright and counter itself as long as it is up at a certain speed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9ewqeheLL_IXX
Oh be sure to notice the bike even made a jump and still kept going by itself.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101050 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9ewqeheLL_IXX
for a certain period, as long as it is a balanced bike and doesn't hit any bumps and is ona level area...

again one can balance ona bike without even moving. it is the rider that balances a bike, not some mystery...

St. Croix valley

#101051 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
C'mon people. It is just a simple bicycle that everyone of you knew exactly how it worked. Not so simple anymore is it. It depends on what you read and what you believe. Like it or not the answer is "they don't exactly know". They have many theories, but nothing exact as of today. LOL
you already know. it is the rider that balances the bike.

you seem to have trouble accepting answers that don't fit what you wish were true...

Level 5

#101052 Oct 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text> you already know. it is the rider that balances the bike.
you seem to have trouble accepting answers that don't fit what you wish were true...
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>for a certain period, as long as it is a balanced bike and doesn't hit any bumps and is ona level area...
again one can balance ona bike without even moving. it is the rider that balances a bike, not some mystery...
In the video the bike turns, it jumps a dirt hump, it is on a un-level dirt track and still keeps on going. Oh and most importantly,,, there is no rider on it. So try again little tick. LOL

Level 5

#101053 Oct 12, 2013
WOW look at the judgits jump when tick comes on. We know tick it isn't you it is the one armed man. LMAO

St. Croix valley

#101054 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
In the video the bike turns, it jumps a dirt hump, it is on a un-level dirt track and still keeps on going. Oh and most importantly,,, there is no rider on it. So try again little tick. LOL
a well balanced bike...

could you get a bike to do that?

ever drop a coin and whathc it roll a seeminglyimposssible distance before falling over? what magic is that?

Level 5

#101055 Oct 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>a well balanced bike...
ever drop a coin and whathc it roll a seeminglyimposssible distance before falling over? what magic is that?
I know. It was a ghost rider doing it right. LOL

St. Croix valley

#101056 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
WOW look at the judgits jump when tick comes on. We know tick it isn't you it is the one armed man. LMAO
never used one of them even once...

St. Croix valley

#101057 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. It was a ghost rider doing it right. LOL
you can get barrel hoops to roll a long way also...what magic is that?

Level 5

#101058 Oct 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>never used one of them even once...
We believe you tick (snicker). It was the one armed man right? He just gives them to people who don't agree with you. LMFAO

St. Croix valley

#101059 Oct 12, 2013
i bet the sumerians got the magic to balance bikes when the UFOs braught them watches and elephants from the americas...

St. Croix valley

#101060 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
We believe you tick (snicker). It was the one armed man right? He just gives them to people who don't agree with you. LMFAO
i've never used them once.

St. Croix valley

#101061 Oct 12, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
is that the royal we? are you schizoid or just really, really hung up on yourself?

sheesh!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#101062 Oct 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>a well balanced bike...
Gyroscopic action.

Same as with a moving bicycle.

Level 5

#101063 Oct 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>is that the royal we? are you schizoid or just really, really hung up on yourself?
sheesh!
We as in me, myself and I. Do you not have the same in you?

Level 5

#101064 Oct 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
i bet the sumerians got the magic to balance bikes when the UFOs braught them watches and elephants from the americas...
Here tick educate yourself. What you think is simple is not so simple. Knowing how to ride a bike and what actually makes it work are totally different things other than gears, sprockets and tires.

We still donít really know how bicycles work.

http://www.newstatesman.com/2013/07/mysteries...

http://enlighteneddeepness.wordpress.com/bicy...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 5 min andet1987 329
The BIZARRE reasons why men rape in India 6 min Wolftracks 1,114
4 Word Game (Use Same Letter) 8 min andet1987 292
Post "any three words" (Sep '12) 12 min andet1987 1,133
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 14 min andet1987 7,780
I Like..... (Mar '14) 21 min andet1987 519
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 25 min andet1987 7,625
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr wichita-rick 152,822
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 1 hr Enzo49 25,918
BAN(N) the P0STER Above you !!! (Feb '14) 1 hr andet1987 3,016