Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101004 Oct 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You can get the same thing by shifting your weight around.
That's how I've always done it, by leaning into the curve alone.
Counter steering only works at low speed, at higher speed your wheels are gyroscopes.
Please find an article that supports that claim. All I have seen claim that is a very small part of the forces necessary to keep a motorcycle upright. Most I have seen say the best description of how bikes stay up is similar to how you would keep an inverted pendulum vertical.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#101005 Oct 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Please find an article that supports that claim. All I have seen claim that is a very small part of the forces necessary to keep a motorcycle upright. Most I have seen say the best description of how bikes stay up is similar to how you would keep an inverted pendulum vertical.
Experience doesn't need an article.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101006 Oct 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Experience doesn't need an article.
Experience does not measure gyroscopic force.

I have seen people argue against the idea that all turns start with countersteering on a bike or cycle. I have never seen anyone even come close to winning those arguments.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101007 Oct 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Experience doesn't need an article.
This article explains why in an emergency many riders turn their bikes the wrong way:

http://www.stevemunden.com/countersteering.ht...

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

#101008 Oct 11, 2013
Are you guys trying to tell me that simply riding a bike involves science? I'm skeptical. The next thing you know, you all will trying to show that flying a plane involves some laws of physics or something.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101009 Oct 11, 2013
Science is fun. Now Aura Mytha and I may disagree on this point. If either of us shows the other to be wrong I am fairly sure that either one of us would accept it. Strange I don't see that happening with certain other people here.

Meanwhile in the world of Directly Downwind Faster Than The Wind their are still two who reject it and another who "does not understand it" but thinks it might be real.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101010 Oct 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Science is fun. Now Aura Mytha and I may disagree on this point. If either of us shows the other to be wrong I am fairly sure that either one of us would accept it. Strange I don't see that happening with certain other people here.
Meanwhile in the world of Directly Downwind Faster Than The Wind their are still two who reject it and another who "does not understand it" but thinks it might be real.
MPR did a great story about that just the other week...

Level 8

Location hidden

#101011 Oct 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
This article explains why in an emergency many riders turn their bikes the wrong way:
You definitely do when you lay it down. And motocross racers turn the bars backwards to make slide turns in the dirt.
Fact is a pro street bike rider uses his weight as leverage to lean the bike going into turns , jumping etc.
Also freestyle riders may use that method but it all has more to do with balance than anything else. But typically you put your weight on the pegs and shift your weight in anticipating the turn. I think you will see that in here.

Your welcome to try and find what you're talking about in here.

Level 8

Location hidden

#101012 Oct 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
This article is low speed , and talking about driving in traffic.
I acknowledged that counter steering works at low speed.

St. Croix valley

#101013 Oct 11, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You definitely do when you lay it down. And motocross racers turn the bars backwards to make slide turns in the dirt.
Fact is a pro street bike rider uses his weight as leverage to lean the bike going into turns , jumping etc.
Also freestyle riders may use that method but it all has more to do with balance than anything else. But typically you put your weight on the pegs and shift your weight in anticipating the turn. I think you will see that in here.
Your welcome to try and find what you're talking about in here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6e9CoSxCeQIXX
at the 2:30 mark you can see several of the riders throwing right a bit to then lay down a left turn, in the others it may be too subtle.

that was all i could watch, it seemed about as exciting as a Nascar race....

Level 8

Location hidden

#101014 Oct 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>at the 2:30 mark you can see several of the riders throwing right a bit to then lay down a left turn, in the others it may be too subtle.
that was all i could watch, it seemed about as exciting as a Nascar race....
You can really tell when shifting to opposite turns , it's more fluid, and no room for counter steering.

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#101015 Oct 12, 2013
Rose_NoHo wrote:
This is a debate? Come on, it's like debating if the earth is flat or not. The creation story is a Bronze Age myth. There is actual evidence for evolution.
The bible never supported the idea of a flat earth. Without any arguments the bible in the book of Isaiah, Job supported a round earth.

Level 2

Location hidden

#101016 Oct 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I can do better than that, I can define it in one sentence
A contradiction is a combination of statements, ideas, or features that are in opposition to one another
But hey, if you want me to put an extra full stop in there just ask.
As a person, do you know your future or tomorrow? Stop the trash and move on.

Level 2

Location hidden

#101017 Oct 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, no excuse, fact, truth, same old fact, same old truth
Just because it contradicts your guess does not make it a foul or an excuse,
Just because it as actual truth as defined in the definition of the word as opposed to the christian maltreatment of the word to mean what they think sounds true to their faith does not make it a foul or an excuse
Just because you have a belief based on nothing but the ramblings of bronze age goat herders and escaped slaves does not make foul or an excuse
But hey, if you are adamant please tell us all how god did it with magic?
Come on, out with it? of course it could be that you shun the fame and fortune that such a revelation would bring you or it could simply be that you also donít know and use that knowledge that no one knows to justify your bronze age guess.
No one kows? That is the issue, but the world as an entity, keeps going. Just admit your ignorance.

Level 2

Location hidden

#101018 Oct 12, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Au contraire, evidence please?
Surely you mean many ďdeitiesĒ have died as the belief in them dwindled as the adherents died, However the whole concept of godhood it that the god is immortal.
Does not only apply to the belief in your god but ALL gods, thatís what the word means. Oh I realise the christianity has taken the word and twisted it to suite their faith, just like they do the words truth and morality and theory and church etc.. But that in no way alters the actual meaning of the word.
There are/have been religions enough to list over 3700 deities, more than 2400 claim omnipotent/immortal godhood.
By definition those 2400 cannot die.
Good job itís only belief otherwise we would be overrun with the buggers.
Keep on chewing your cud. Many nations of the earth who were into idol worshipping, are predominantly christians today.

Level 2

Location hidden

#101019 Oct 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, the god you worship has been proven to be a false myth.
you worship a proven false idol, Chazzie!
your cult lied to you...again...
Woodie, too bad, you have been brain washed!

Level 2

Location hidden

#101020 Oct 12, 2013
I am taking my leave. Some other time, by his grace. God bless all.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#101022 Oct 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>great! thank you for making me realize, once again, how little i know about where theoretical physics is taking us these days...
One is glad to be of service.

:-)

St. Croix valley

#101023 Oct 12, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
One is glad to be of service.
:-)
I was happy that i at least understood the broad themes of his musical discourse...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101024 Oct 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
This article is low speed , and talking about driving in traffic.
I acknowledged that counter steering works at low speed.
No, even at high speed you countersteer.

It is much more subtle, but the action is still there. There is no speed where you do not countersteer first to go into a corner, and the article was also about why at high speeds people often crash in an emergency because they do not countersteer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 28 min -Lea- 20,589
Last Word - Spelled Out G*A*M*E 35 min AppHappy 71
Mystery Over 'Weird' Plane Trail Photograph 36 min Fundie Taliban 1
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 41 min AppHappy 2,554
Dave's bar and grill,is now open. (May '13) 51 min David0407 5,019
Florida Man Forced Exorcism on Elderly Girlfrie... (Sep '13) 54 min Lawrence Wolf 25
Add a word and drop a word (Jan '14) 54 min Crazy Jae 1,370
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Wolftracks 147,027
A Look At American Jihadis: Why Do They Fight? 1 hr TALLYHO 8541 27
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 5 hr TALLYHO 8541 36,521
70-Pound Turtle Found Wandering Near SoCal Coun... 5 hr Fundie Taliban 2
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••