Evolution vs. Creation

Jan 6, 2011 Read more: Best of New Orleans 159,206
High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#101019 Oct 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>in fact, the god you worship has been proven to be a false myth.
you worship a proven false idol, Chazzie!
your cult lied to you...again...
Woodie, too bad, you have been brain washed!

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#101020 Oct 12, 2013
I am taking my leave. Some other time, by his grace. God bless all.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#101022 Oct 12, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>great! thank you for making me realize, once again, how little i know about where theoretical physics is taking us these days...
One is glad to be of service.

:-)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#101023 Oct 12, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
One is glad to be of service.
:-)
I was happy that i at least understood the broad themes of his musical discourse...

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#101024 Oct 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
This article is low speed , and talking about driving in traffic.
I acknowledged that counter steering works at low speed.
No, even at high speed you countersteer.

It is much more subtle, but the action is still there. There is no speed where you do not countersteer first to go into a corner, and the article was also about why at high speeds people often crash in an emergency because they do not countersteer.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101025 Oct 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You can really tell when shifting to opposite turns , it's more fluid, and no room for counter steering.
Wrong, the coutnersteer gets to be instinctual and is very very subtle. The higher the speed the more subtle it is, but it is still there.

Here is another article on countersteering by a group that modified a bike to show they are not only body steered:

http://www.superbikeschool.com/machinery/no-b...

Remember at any speed a bicycle is still an inverted pendulum. The second article I linked explained it very well. If you put an upside down broom on your palm and want to go right you first must get the head of the broom to fall to the right, you do that by moving left, momentarily. Once the broom has fallen of to the right a bit you can balance that fall by the centripetal force of the turn.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101026 Oct 12, 2013
One question, who is the moron that does not like my posts, but is too chicken to respond to them?

I don't mind if someone does not like what I say, I would only like to know why they don't like it.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#101027 Oct 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
One question, who is the moron that does not like my posts, but is too chicken to respond to them?
I don't mind if someone does not like what I say, I would only like to know why they don't like it.
Why? Simple. You're intelligent, educated and not a fundie.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101028 Oct 12, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> The bible never supported the idea of a flat earth. Without any arguments the bible in the book of Isaiah, Job supported a round earth.
Nope, actually the Bible supports a flat Earth, a round Earth, AND a square Earth. But hey, that's what you get when you combine a disparate group of ignorant goatherders who don't know anything about reality and tell them to keep tacking things on at the end.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101029 Oct 12, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> Keep on chewing your cud. Many nations of the earth who were into idol worshipping, are predominantly christians today.
Really? Since most people who think like you are idol worshippers. They worship a book about God instead of worshipping God.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

#101030 Oct 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
Probably Chuck.

Either him or that new sockpuppet from the esteemed educational facility at Corpus Christi who knows we're all wrong but can't articulate why.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#101031 Oct 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No, even at high speed you countersteer.
It is much more subtle, but the action is still there. There is no speed where you do not countersteer first to go into a corner, and the article was also about why at high speeds people often crash in an emergency because they do not countersteer.
People often crash because there's no room to avoid the crash.
But that really doesn't have anything to do with it, it's telling you how to avoid an impact in a traffic situation. Not how you steer in high speed turning. You can see it in the race , First the rider centers his weight on the pegs , then leans into the turn, when successive opposite turns are made they shift weight from side to side. There is no room for counter steering. What we are talking about is turning the bike at angles against the turn, which is shifting it center of gravity from side to side.
And you're telling me the only way to do it is to counter steer.
I'm telling you you're wrong, and I can prove it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101032 Oct 12, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
People often crash because there's no room to avoid the crash.
But that really doesn't have anything to do with it, it's telling you how to avoid an impact in a traffic situation. Not how you steer in high speed turning. You can see it in the race , First the rider centers his weight on the pegs , then leans into the turn, when successive opposite turns are made they shift weight from side to side. There is no room for counter steering. What we are talking about is turning the bike at angles against the turn, which is shifting it center of gravity from side to side.
And you're telling me the only way to do it is to counter steer.
I'm telling you you're wrong, and I can prove it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NCU25CdVf4oXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
How are those videos supposed to prove anything?

I am sorry but you are arguing like a creationist on this issue.

There is a reason that I challenged you to find an article that supports your beliefs. The reason is the same as when I challenge creationists to show evidence for their claims.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101033 Oct 12, 2013
By the way, if you are changing from one turn to another you are already countersteering by definition.

What some bikers do unfortunately in emergency situations is to turn the bike to the left when they want to go left without countersteering to the right first. At speeds the motion is subtle, it becomes an automatic part of setting up a turn. I found several articles on why countersteering is a must. Some from motorcycle safety organizations. I have not seen any that claim you can turn without countersteering.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#101034 Oct 12, 2013
WOW after two days you all are still going on about the bicycle! We all think we know the simplest things but in reality we really donít.

Though there are many theories, the fact is it is not entirely known how the bicycle works. You can argue all you want but science does not exactly know how the bicycle works.

"A simple explanation does not seem possible because the lean and steer are coupled by a combination of several effects including gyroscopic precession, lateral ground-reaction forces at the front wheel ground contact point trailing behind the steering axis, the wheels being so narrow, gravity and inertial reactions from the front assembly having center-of-mass off of the steer axis, and from effects associated with the moment of inertia matrix of the front assembly"

With that said here are a few link about bikes and the "we donít know"

http://www.newstatesman.com/2013/07/mysteries...

http://enlighteneddeepness.wordpress.com/bicy...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#101035 Oct 12, 2013
And Aura, I am not the one using judgeits on you.

I think it may be the same one that was trolling me with judgeits.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#101036 Oct 12, 2013
Ok new subject. Science does not know exactly why ice is slippery. Who is going to be first to tackle this one?

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Location hidden

#101037 Oct 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
How are those videos supposed to prove anything?
I am sorry but you are arguing like a creationist on this issue.
There is a reason that I challenged you to find an article that supports your beliefs. The reason is the same as when I challenge creationists to show evidence for their claims.
They are steering by shifting weight, this is a small degree of the large weight shifts you can do standing on the pegs.
What you are talking about, is using the momentum of the bike by counter steering. I'm telling you you can do the same thing by shifting your mass alone. I'm not arguing like a creationist.
I'm telling you how I learned to ride. You are telling me it's impossible, but I just showed you steering can be done to a small degree without using the bars at all, but by shifting weight.
And that shifting weight alot will do the same thing as counter steering, which is simply changing the bikes center of gravity to your advantage. You then counter steer to get even tighter angles
between you and the road. Besides the fact we aren't arguing , we are debating and have a difference of opinion. That's all heheheh.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#101038 Oct 12, 2013
Oh no!!! I as well have been attacked by the negative judgit troll. LOL It always happen on a thread where a certain someone hangs out in. It is kind of like a pesky tick bite <<< hint hint. lol

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Level 8

Location hidden

#101039 Oct 12, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
And Aura, I am not the one using judgeits on you.
I think it may be the same one that was trolling me with judgeits.
I only know it isn't me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 3 min Hoosier Hillbilly 8,281
~`*`~ Create a sentence using the 'letters' of ... (Oct '12) 10 min Grace Nerissa 2,167
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 17 min Fish_sticks 8,269
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 17 min Grace Nerissa 25,945
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 25 min TALLYHO 8541 40,129
LOVE and OTHER BRUISES (Apr '12) 26 min KNIGHT DeVINE 1,353
News Buffalo herd roams through Hot Springs neighbor... 27 min Go Blue Forever 1
News Watch adorable video of clever dog faking injur... 28 min TALLYHO 8541 4
News NY Man Demonstrates How Not to Get Rid of Bedbugs 2 hr Spotted Girl 16
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 4 hr SLY WEST 161,010
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 6 hr Rose of Tralee 1,400
More from around the web