Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#100983 Oct 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>See, and i thought he meant for the entirety of your posts...not just that one.
Precisely! His posts show a downward spiral from sheer ignorance to astoundingly idiotic.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#100984 Oct 11, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Made up fundy BS does not make evidence, please provide a link to your source
And gravity has ALWAYS worked.
http://www.wimp.com/bohemiangravity/

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#100985 Oct 11, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be different on a motorcycle. I'll have to try it.
Nope, it is the same. The motion is such an automatic response that we do not even think about it.

What sort of bike do you ride, many years ago I used to have a Suzuki 750. One summer I drove it from Minneapolis to DC and back. And then when I moved out to the west coast I drove my bike out here first. I made the mistake of "selling" it to a boyfriend of my sister's. He never paid fully for it.

Level 9

Everett, WA

#100986 Oct 11, 2013
MikeF wrote:
Freaking Awesome!!!!

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#100987 Oct 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it is the same. The motion is such an automatic response that we do not even think about it.
You are probably correct but I am, as yet, unconvinced.
Subduction Zone wrote:
What sort of bike do you ride, many years ago I used to have a Suzuki 750. One summer I drove it from Minneapolis to DC and back. And then when I moved out to the west coast I drove my bike out here first. I made the mistake of "selling" it to a boyfriend of my sister's. He never paid fully for it.
Bummer!

It's a Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic.
http://images.psndealer.com/dealersite/images...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#100988 Oct 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Freaking Awesome!!!!
Yeah. I expect Poly will get a 'charge' out of it.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#100989 Oct 11, 2013
SCOUSE71UK wrote:
Pasted from google:-
"Can a Scientific Theory Ever Become a Law?
Answer
Scientific theory can become a law if it has been proved to be true since theories are based on assumptions. For instance the law of gravity by Isaac Newton started out as a theory."
Why do you need to lie in order to support your claim?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#100990 Oct 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
To get yourself to lean left you turn the bike to the right. It is so ingrained in the rider that a turn is started with a turn in the opposite direction that people don't even realize that they do it. If you don't trust me try it yourself someday. Countersteering is how a bike keeps its balance and how turns are started.
Dude!...freakin' ouch!

totally your fault. Totally. Your. Fault....

St. Croix valley

#100991 Oct 11, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Must be different on a motorcycle. I'll have to try it.
i would suggest not experimenting on gravel roads like i did...

Level 9

Everett, WA

#100992 Oct 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Dude!...freakin' ouch!
totally your fault. Totally. Your. Fault....
LOL!!

How did you experiment? There are all sorts of ways to bicycle wrong.

Amaze me by showing footage of a bike turning left without a turn of the handlebars to the right first. It is a subtle motion, but to get a bike to go left first you have to cause it to fall to the left. You do that by steering right. Now if you turn to far to the right with the intent of leaning left you can buy it.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Tempe, AZ.

#100993 Oct 11, 2013
Mugwump wrote:
<quoted text>
Care to provide a link to back up your definition of a scientific theory ?
Seems fair as others have done so for the CORRECT definition.
(Hint : your opinion is both wrong and irrelevant )
"Many scientists and philosophers of science have described evolution as fact and theory, a phrase which was used as the title of an article by Stephen Jay Gould in 1981. He describes fact in science as meaning data, not absolute certainty but "confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent." A scientific theory is a well-substantiated explanation of such facts. The facts of evolution come from observational evidence of current processes, from imperfections in organisms recording historical common descent, and from transitions in the fossil record. Theories of evolution provide a provisional explanation for these facts."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evolution_as_a_t...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#100994 Oct 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i would suggest not experimenting on gravel roads like i did...
Agreed!

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#100996 Oct 11, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I was using your logic, don't like it? Using the same logic you use to state a global flood never happened, that missing evidence proves it never happened, I used the same logic by present evidence of what doesn't exist to prove what science has established. We have found no other life on any other planet as our own. Therefore according to your logic, what doesn't exist can't never have existed. That's why your logic affirms there is no evidence for life as our own on other planets therefore missing evidence is your proof it can't exist. That's your logic back at you. Don't like it? Change your opinion than.
"There is no indication of a worldwide flood in ancient Egyptian, Indus or Chinese writings, temples, pyramids, sculptures, etc., which existed at the time of Noah.

Yet, if the flood really did occur, then all of the world's early civilizations would have been completely destroyed. The entire population of the world would have consisted of 8 people, in the vicinity of the ark.

It would have taken millennia for humanity to become re-established in China and elsewhere. Also, they would have developed a very different culture from the pre-flood society.

The archaeological record in Egypt would show a sudden change from ancient Egyptian artifacts, to no signs of civilization, to ancient Israelite culture after the time of the flood.

The archaeological record in China would show a sudden change from ancient Chinese artifacts, to no signs of civilization, to ancient Israelite culture after the time of the flood. And so on. But the archaeological record shows that the various cultures were not interrupted; they continued to develop throughout the period when the flood is supposed to have happened.

For example, the Egyptian "Old Kingdom" covered the era from 2649 BCE to 2134 BCE, the 3rd to the 8th dynasty. In particular, the fifth dynasty covered the interval 2465 to 2323 BCE, straddling the time when religious conservatives believe that the flood happened.

http://www.religioustolerance.org/ev_proof1.h... #

Kinda' neat how lack of evidence for...turns into evidence against. Don't you think?

St. Croix valley

#100997 Oct 11, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!
Well, Mike...if you are a bike rider, i must make full disclosure...i work for a chip seal resurfacing crew.(you know, the liquid asphalt, then the chip rock you love so much spread loosely on top...)

now, i operate the streetsweeper for our crew, and bike and bicycle riders generally like streetsweepers, so when they see me well ahead of the crew, they usually wave. i meekly wave back thinking..."oh, if you only knew what was coming behind me..."

often times i run into them (figuratively) again as they are coming back...they are not so friendly and often times the waves have far fewer fingers in it...

just doin' my job...just doin' my job...

St. Croix valley

#100998 Oct 11, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
"There is no indication of a worldwide flood in ancient Egyptian, Indus or Chinese writings, temples, pyramids, sculptures, etc., which existed at the time of Noah.
Yet, if the flood really did occur, then all of the world's early civilizations would have been completely destroyed. The entire population of the world would have consisted of 8 people, in the vicinity of the ark.
It would have taken millennia for humanity to become re-established in China and elsewhere. Also, they would have developed a very different culture from the pre-flood society.
The archaeological record in Egypt would show a sudden change from ancient Egyptian artifacts, to no signs of civilization, to ancient Israelite culture after the time of the flood.
The archaeological record in China would show a sudden change from ancient Chinese artifacts, to no signs of civilization, to ancient Israelite culture after the time of the flood. And so on. But the archaeological record shows that the various cultures were not interrupted; they continued to develop throughout the period when the flood is supposed to have happened.
For example, the Egyptian "Old Kingdom" covered the era from 2649 BCE to 2134 BCE, the 3rd to the 8th dynasty. In particular, the fifth dynasty covered the interval 2465 to 2323 BCE, straddling the time when religious conservatives believe that the flood happened.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/ev_proof1.h... #
Kinda' neat how lack of evidence for...turns into evidence against. Don't you think?
Word, I saw the historical documents on this.(they were dubbed over in Thermian, but i think i got the gist of it)

humans survived the great flood because the planes they were always escaping in always took off just as the supervolcano blew, or california sank into the sea, and then when they are running out of fuel, there is always a place to land, miraculously.(obviously the hand of god...)

then kevin costner picks you up and trolls for dinner with his body and you all land on mount everest...

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#100999 Oct 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, Mike...if you are a bike rider, i must make full disclosure...i work for a chip seal resurfacing crew.(you know, the liquid asphalt, then the chip rock you love so much spread loosely on top...)
now, i operate the streetsweeper for our crew, and bike and bicycle riders generally like streetsweepers, so when they see me well ahead of the crew, they usually wave. i meekly wave back thinking..."oh, if you only knew what was coming behind me..."
often times i run into them (figuratively) again as they are coming back...they are not so friendly and often times the waves have far fewer fingers in it...
just doin' my job...just doin' my job...
Oh? Was that you?

St. Croix valley

#101000 Oct 11, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh? Was that you?
yup. oh, and i'd check out that mole on your middle finger...it looked possibly pre-cancerous to me...

St. Croix valley

#101001 Oct 11, 2013
MikeF wrote:
great! thank you for making me realize, once again, how little i know about where theoretical physics is taking us these days...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#101002 Oct 11, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!
How did you experiment? There are all sorts of ways to bicycle wrong.
Amaze me by showing footage of a bike turning left without a turn of the handlebars to the right first. It is a subtle motion, but to get a bike to go left first you have to cause it to fall to the left. You do that by steering right. Now if you turn to far to the right with the intent of leaning left you can buy it.
You can get the same thing by shifting your weight around.
That's how I've always done it, by leaning into the curve alone.
Counter steering only works at low speed, at higher speed your wheels are gyroscopes.

Level 9

Tempe, AZ.

#101003 Oct 11, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Word, I saw the historical documents on this.(they were dubbed over in Thermian, but i think i got the gist of it)
humans survived the great flood because the planes they were always escaping in always took off just as the supervolcano blew, or california sank into the sea, and then when they are running out of fuel, there is always a place to land, miraculously.(obviously the hand of god...)
then kevin costner picks you up and trolls for dinner with his body and you all land on mount everest...
Priceless....:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word Association 2 (Sep '13) 8 min Mega Monster 7,485
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 10 min veteran of war god 25,495
Change 1 letter game! (Nov '11) 14 min Old Sam 2,927
How Long Have You Won in "Last Post Wins" thread? (Jan '09) 19 min Old Sam 6,813
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 19 min -CatCiao- 222
A To Z Of Movies (Sep '12) 21 min Old Sam 4,312
Mystery man hands out $100 bills in Massachusetts 22 min -CatCiao- 19
Is it possible to....... 25 min Dr Wu 515
True or False Game 46 min Old Sam 1,242
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 1 hr Crazy Beautiful 152,347
Merry Christmas Topix, Thanks For,...? 1 hr -Lea- 70
More from around the web