Evolution vs. Creation

There are 20 comments on the Jan 6, 2011, Best of New Orleans story titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#100877 Oct 10, 2013
davy wrote:
Severely religitarded, if a bike doesn't go, it doesn't work. Maybe a talking snake could fix your bike.
<quoted text>
A drive by idiot. LOL

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100878 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummmm...bikes balance because the person riding them shifts their weight to keep balance. you really cannot be that dumb, can you?
Like I said it is not that simple. I knew it was over your head. read the article and then you might be able to understand.

Unless of course you want to say science is wrong and stupid and it is just a simple thing.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100879 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how would you know light moved without science?
WOW!!! Are you that dim(lol) Lets go back before real science, back to the discovery of fire. When they had fire do you think that they may have thought the light from the fire traveled out to light things up to be seen or that things traveled to the light of the fire to be seen. LOL

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100880 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how would you know light moved without science?
I was almost beginning to think you had a little sense but you just blew it. SMH

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#100881 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said it is not that simple. I knew it was over your head. read the article and then you might be able to understand.
Unless of course you want to say science is wrong and stupid and it is just a simple thing.
you don't even need to make a bike move to keep it balanced, so the gyroscopic effect doesn't even come into play there.

you really sucked up some bullshit there, fool...

St. Croix valley

#100882 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
WOW!!! Are you that dim(lol) Lets go back before real science, back to the discovery of fire. When they had fire do you think that they may have thought the light from the fire traveled out to light things up to be seen or that things traveled to the light of the fire to be seen. LOL
how could you prove it without science?

St. Croix valley

#100883 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I was almost beginning to think you had a little sense but you just blew it. SMH
Gee, i'm crushed that a guy who can't figure out it is the rider that balances a bike thinks poorly of me...

and one who actually gives any credence at all to such whackjob ideas as those sites you liked to...

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100884 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>you don't even need to make a bike move to keep it balanced, so the gyroscopic effect doesn't even come into play there.
you really sucked up some bullshit there, fool...
Keep yapping. The only fool being made is self made>>>>>>th at would be you.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100885 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how could you prove it without science?
Uhm I would say by looking and common sense. Light a torch and look around. Does the light go out to the items you see or do the items you see come to the torch? LOL
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#100886 Oct 10, 2013
Your bike isn't driving, religitard.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
A drive by idiot. LOL

St. Croix valley

#100887 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Uhm I would say by looking and common sense. Light a torch and look around. Does the light go out to the items you see or do the items you see come to the torch? LOL
by your eyesight it is just there. it moves far too fast to see light move so one could only prove that it moves using scientific methods. as happened in the real world.

still can't figure out that a bicycle balances because the rider, huh? gee that's a tricky one. you do know a person can also balance on a stick or pretty much anything don't you?

time for you to use that common sense you referred to earlier.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100888 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how could you prove it without science?
I would bet way back when man invented the wheel,,, without science you would think the earth rolled across the wheel instead of the wheel rolling across the earth.

That is how you see light. You think without science we would not know light traveled out to illuminate things. LOL

St. Croix valley

#100889 Oct 10, 2013
Well, i'm outta here. while i'm gone, take you bike and push it down the street and watch it fall over eventually, then ride it and see if you can see the one thing different that keep it from falling over...

that should keep you occupied for a while...

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100890 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>by your eyesight it is just there. it moves far too fast to see light move so one could only prove that it moves using scientific methods. as happened in the real world.
still can't figure out that a bicycle balances because the rider, huh? gee that's a tricky one. you do know a person can also balance on a stick or pretty much anything don't you?
So again by your logic. If you lit a torch you would not know the light moved out to illuminate things? So you would think the things moved closer to you to be seen. OH I get it now. You would think everything moved closer to the fire to get warm. LMAO

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100891 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>by your eyesight it is just there. it moves far too fast to see light move so one could only prove that it moves using scientific methods. as happened in the real world.
Again if you lit a torch you may not be able to see the light actually move but you would see were it reached out to, thus it had to move out because those things did not move closer to the light. You keep falling lower down the pole of nonsense.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#100892 Oct 10, 2013
The gyroscopic effect has practically nothing to do with riding a bike.

If someone is claiming that he is flat our wrong.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#100893 Oct 10, 2013
See were? Where is were religitard?
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Again if you lit a torch you may not be able to see the light actually move but you would see were it reached out to, thus it had to move out because those things did not move closer to the light. You keep falling lower down the pole of nonsense.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#100894 Oct 10, 2013
And just one of the many articles on that fact:

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2011/...

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100895 Oct 10, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
The gyroscopic effect has practically nothing to do with riding a bike.
If someone is claiming that he is flat our wrong.
Yep as I said "Scientists have been puzzling over what makes bicycles balance since they were invented, back in the 19th century. In 2007, a group of engineers and mathematicians led by Nottingham University's J.P. Meijaard announced they'd finally cracked the mystery with a set of incredibly complex mathematical equations that explain how a bicycle behaves—and it turns out that gyroscopes are only part of the story"

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100896 Oct 10, 2013
davy wrote:
See were? Where is were religitard?
<quoted text>
Oh another spell-checker tard. Too bad that is all you have to offer. Tell you what. Tell that to my not so-smart phone. LOL

But hey Davy we all have to have a purpose and your just might be the petty spell checker. Who knows.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
motorcycle traveling stories 7 min Mega Monster 638
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 min Good-Evil 161,363
Let's Play Songs Titled with Two Words ... 13 min Good-Evil 765
Poll Can Married Women Be Friends With Single Men? (Jan '12) 15 min Jcasto48 3,487
Things that make life eaiser... 35 min Gerbilocity 88
Favorite Oldies Songs (Jun '10) 38 min -ThatsAllFolks- 18,800
Word Association (Jun '10) 39 min I Know The Answer 27,330
News The trooper fired at the motorcycle, and then d... 1 hr Thugs Wear Badges 93
Whatcha' doing? (Apr '12) 2 hr Ferretman 8,331
News Freak lawnmower accident shoots wire through ma... 4 hr Michael Satterfield 8
More from around the web