Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Read more

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#100817 Oct 10, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
You know that how?
<quoted text>
You need to forget about using 'logic'. You're not very good at it. Just saying.
I was using your logic, don't like it? Using the same logic you use to state a global flood never happened, that missing evidence proves it never happened, I used the same logic by present evidence of what doesn't exist to prove what science has established. We have found no other life on any other planet as our own. Therefore according to your logic, what doesn't exist can't never have existed. That's why your logic affirms there is no evidence for life as our own on other planets therefore missing evidence is your proof it can't exist. That's your logic back at you. Don't like it? Change your opinion than.

Since: Mar 11

Minnesota's North Coast

#100818 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you dodged the time question again
since you seem so inept...

http://lmgtfy.com/...

Minnesota's North Coast

#100819 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
because i gave you the answer so many times before...

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

It Will Likely Happen

#100820 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>since you seem so inept...
http://lmgtfy.com/...
oh are you not the time expert anymore lol

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#100821 Oct 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. It can. Why do you doubt it? If a large enough asteroid/meteor hit's the sun in the right spot and forces it out of place a wee bit toward us, we'll be an inferno in a single rotation.
Anything is possible. You seem not to believe that to an extreme position but to each their own opinion.
Wow.... I actually feel embarrassed for you.

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#100822 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>gods can die? i guess when the people that created them die off, so do the gods...
Sure they can!

When the minor deity Yahweh wandered up the Mount of Gods and shouted "Behold, I am the ONLY God", the other Gods died laughing

-(Nietzsche, paraphrased)

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100823 Oct 10, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Of what?
<quoted text>
No, jackass. I made a statement. You ignored it. I'm not going to jump through an hoops for someone who refuses to give an honest response.
STILL waiting...
The mirror image of how you respond. You needed to ask? lol.
Which statement did you make that you wished for me to assume it was one that I was to have an answer for? Still waiting? Hmm?:)

Level 6

Location hidden

#100824 Oct 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually by the process of evolution and how it's proven to have worked, people as yourself are content to believe that evolution allowed animal species to evolve naturally and by some bit of magic caused a defect as you call it to allow one specie to accelerate over all others in thinking capacity. That's your magical theory because you can't explain why the process of evolution didn't allow for the same defect to happen to gorillas and or chimps or some other past primate group that lived for example. Our single specie went beyond being hunters and gatherers to what we are today and you have no explanation for why this defect didn't emerge before except to state it didn't happen.
Of course we "can" explain it. The problem is, all we have is a series of skulls showing the increasing brain size over about 3 million years. So our explanations are speculation.

But we do know that the apes that became hominids were subjected to some dramatic environmental changes and that in such a situation, its change or die. We can see what some of those changes were, and we can spend all day speculating about what mattered and what did not. We have many such explanations, some plausible, but hard to determine because the evidence is not likely to ever be found.

Still there is nothing magical about the theory. Just wonderful.

Level 6

Location hidden

#100825 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you lied when you said you looked at the links. AS plain to see in the first picture of a plane or some sort of flying object with wings.
Just like you, ancients could see birds and insects flying. Did Walt Disney invent imagination? Lets give the ancients some credit.

Nobody will ever be able to prove that aliens did not influence humans. It would even be reassuring if they did.

But frankly, I think we are on our own. Perhaps we can assume that on the 10^24 planets in the known universe, intelligent life may have appeared somewhere else...but realistically...neither dreams of gods nor aliens can release us from the realisation and responsibility that it up to us alone to make a go of it.

“Move into the light.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#100826 Oct 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I did. It can. Why do you doubt it? If a large enough asteroid/meteor hit's the sun in the right spot and forces it out of place a wee bit toward us, we'll be an inferno in a single rotation.
Anything is possible. You seem not to believe that to an extreme position but to each their own opinion.
What? an asteroid/ meteor forcing the sun to move? Jupiter isn't big enough for that, even if it were a solid planet.

Minnesota's North Coast

#100827 Oct 10, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure they can!
When the minor deity Yahweh wandered up the Mount of Gods and shouted "Behold, I am the ONLY God", the other Gods died laughing
-(Nietzsche, paraphrased)
or like when people quit believing in Pan and he faded away...

(Tom Robbins, "Jitterbug Perfume", paraphrased)

Minnesota's North Coast

#100828 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
i see you dodged the rational explanations i gave you for the whackjob sites you put so much stock in....why is that?

Level 6

Location hidden

#100829 Oct 10, 2013
Funny how I got peanuts and clueless tags for suggesting that the ancients had imaginations.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100830 Oct 10, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct, you have none.
<quoted text>
But *YOU* know it can do anything at all.
<quoted text>
You've just proven it again.
<quoted text>
That's OK. We're used to idiots laughing uncontrollably when confronted with things way over their heads.
What's humorous is how you get all pissy faced like a little child when someone calls you on your ideology that you believe some invisible intelligence the rest of us have no connection to, tells you what the earth's potentials are for causing havoc and what it's potentials aren't. You're nothing but another name for a creationist as you also believe in an invisible intelligence that give you knowledge no one else knows. Nice job as usual.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100831 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>i see you dodged the rational explanations i gave you for the whackjob sites you put so much stock in....why is that?
You never gave one. You must first give one if you want it addressed. lol

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100832 Oct 10, 2013
TerryL wrote:
<quoted text>Wow.... I actually feel embarrassed for you.
Really? It was a hypothesis, a pretend scenario for the sake of an argument and nothing more. And you took it seriously? You should feel really embarrassed for yourself, not me.

Minnesota's North Coast

#100833 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You never gave one. You must first give one if you want it addressed. lol
Sure i did, but certaqinly didn't expect from you anything other than the childish retort you just gave...

i gave very rational explanations for the things your little mind couldn't seem to grasp...

Minnesota's North Coast

#100834 Oct 10, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? It was a hypothesis, a pretend scenario for the sake of an argument and nothing more. And you took it seriously? You should feel really embarrassed for yourself, not me.
See, and i thought he meant for the entirety of your posts...not just that one.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100835 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>Sure i did, but certaqinly didn't expect from you anything other than the childish retort you just gave...
i gave very rational explanations for the things your little mind couldn't seem to grasp...
As I told you spend less time on topix and more time on Discovery and NG you will find that they are not whacked out made up BS.

“If It Is Possible”

Level 5

It Will Likely Happen

#100836 Oct 10, 2013
Tick, Chimney, Sub, Dan, Aura, Mike F and anyone else. Pick one or more and run with it. Let's see what you got.

How Gravity Works. Saying you throw shyt up, it comes down again wonít work as an answer. Out of the four fundamental forces gravity is the weakest one. So how does it actually work?

How a Bicycle Works. Hint it is not the gyroscopic effect.

Why Ice Is Slippery? Humans as a species knew ice was slippery before we knew fire was hot, or even existed. So why is it slippery?

Now pick one or more and give a plausible tested scientific explanation of it/them on how/why. Donít be shy now. Who will be first to step up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 min wichita-rick 159,866
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 8 min andet1987 31,535
Word Association. (Nov '10) 12 min Mega Monster 17,229
Life is incomplete without ..... (what?) (Feb '14) 18 min wichita-rick 747
WHAT???? A NEW word game? FOUR WORDS (Sep '08) 21 min andet1987 41,388
Create "short sentences using the last word" (Aug '12) 27 min andet1987 8,203
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) 28 min wichita-rick 1,217
News Oregon farmers agree slugs are a problem _ but ... 1 hr Xstain Fatwass Ce... 29
Word Association (Jun '10) 1 hr say it aint so 26,955
Poll Can single Men be friends with Married Women? (Jun '12) 2 hr flbadcatowner 171
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr TALLYHO 8541 39,980
More from around the web