Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 218748 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

He Is A Sock Know It All

#100862 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when i had a TV i saw tons of stupid shows about this same crap on Discovery...
they even have shows about bigfoot hunters.
they are not above doing totally disreputable shows to get you fools money...
That is a cop out because you can research NG and Discovery. As I said their "sites" being the key word. I as well do not watch hardly any TV.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#100863 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Bravo. You thought outside the box on this one.
no, i used science.

St. Croix valley

#100864 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
But you believe time and space started with the BBT. But If space was compressed before the BBT, then time also existed before the BBT
if there was space before the singularity, yes there was time, but it would have ended when space did in the singularity. so for our purposes, time began at the singularity, as we can have no knowledge previous to that.

St. Croix valley

#100865 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
That is a cop out because you can research NG and Discovery. As I said their "sites" being the key word. I as well do not watch hardly any TV.
the nutbag sites you liked to had nothing to do with science or reality. they are freak show idiots making the stupidest possible conclusions to support what they want the conclusion to be.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#100866 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, i used science.
You used common sense knowing that the light reflecting/coming from the object was already hitting your eyelids and the light traveling to the object had to do just that, travel across to the object. That is common sense.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#100867 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that is how a bicycle works. i answered exactly what you asked for. you don't seem to even be smart enough to ask the proper question to get what you want...
uhm I asked you how a bicycle works. You told me how it was powered. Big difference.

If I asked you how a rocket works and you said with lots of fire and fuel that would not be acceptable either.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#100868 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the nutbag sites you liked to had nothing to do with science or reality. they are freak show idiots making the stupidest possible conclusions to support what they want the conclusion to be.
Like I said research NG and Discovery. You will see they have the same information from what you call nutjobs sites that only repost what they find from other sources so they can get hits while advertising ads to make money. That I surely thought you could figure out. For they are not creationist sites.

St. Croix valley

#100869 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
You used common sense knowing that the light reflecting/coming from the object was already hitting your eyelids and the light traveling to the object had to do just that, travel across to the object. That is common sense.
and science. without science, i wouldn't have know that light has to travel. or that i even need light to illuminate an object to see it. or that i see by light hitting my retina...or....or...

St. Croix valley

#100870 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
uhm I asked you how a bicycle works. You told me how it was powered. Big difference.
If I asked you how a rocket works and you said with lots of fire and fuel that would not be acceptable either.
that is how a bicycle works. without power, it is not a bicycle it is a paperweight.

again, you seem to not be able to ask a question properly to get what you want.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#100871 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that is how a bicycle works. i answered exactly what you asked for. you don't seem to even be smart enough to ask the proper question to get what you want...
Scientists have been puzzling over what makes bicycles balance since they were invented, back in the 19th century. In 2007, a group of engineers and mathematicians led by Nottingham University's J.P. Meijaard announced they'd finally cracked the mystery with a set of incredibly complex mathematical equations that explain how a bicycle behaves—and it turns out that gyroscopes are only part of the story. But yet science is still puzzled on completely how a bicycle works.

http://www.explainthatstuff.com/bicycles.html

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#100872 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>and science. without science, i wouldn't have know that light has to travel. or that i even need light to illuminate an object to see it. or that i see by light hitting my retina...or....or...
So with out science you would not know light traveled. Without science would you know if you held up a rock and dropped it that it would fall? Yes is the answer to both. Science just tries/explains why they happen.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#100873 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>that is how a bicycle works. without power, it is not a bicycle it is a paperweight.
again, you seem to not be able to ask a question properly to get what you want.
I see even the simplest things are sometimes over your head. For there is a lot more to how a bike works than just peddling it.

Read the link in my last post.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#100874 Oct 10, 2013
Severely religitarded, if a bike doesn't go, it doesn't work. Maybe a talking snake could fix your bike.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
That is right I asked how the bicycle works. I DID NOT ask how the bicycle goes or is powered, which is the answer you gave. Try again.

St. Croix valley

#100875 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Scientists have been puzzling over what makes bicycles balance since they were invented, back in the 19th century. In 2007, a group of engineers and mathematicians led by Nottingham University's J.P. Meijaard announced they'd finally cracked the mystery with a set of incredibly complex mathematical equations that explain how a bicycle behaves—and it turns out that gyroscopes are only part of the story. But yet science is still puzzled on completely how a bicycle works.
http://www.explainthatstuff.com/bicycles.html
ummmm...bikes balance because the person riding them shifts their weight to keep balance. you really cannot be that dumb, can you?

St. Croix valley

#100876 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
So with out science you would not know light traveled. Without science would you know if you held up a rock and dropped it that it would fall? Yes is the answer to both. Science just tries/explains why they happen.
how would you know light moved without science?

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#100877 Oct 10, 2013
davy wrote:
Severely religitarded, if a bike doesn't go, it doesn't work. Maybe a talking snake could fix your bike.
<quoted text>
A drive by idiot. LOL

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#100878 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummmm...bikes balance because the person riding them shifts their weight to keep balance. you really cannot be that dumb, can you?
Like I said it is not that simple. I knew it was over your head. read the article and then you might be able to understand.

Unless of course you want to say science is wrong and stupid and it is just a simple thing.

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#100879 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how would you know light moved without science?
WOW!!! Are you that dim(lol) Lets go back before real science, back to the discovery of fire. When they had fire do you think that they may have thought the light from the fire traveled out to light things up to be seen or that things traveled to the light of the fire to be seen. LOL

“Ask Randy From Ballwin”

Level 5

He Is A Sock Know It All

#100880 Oct 10, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>how would you know light moved without science?
I was almost beginning to think you had a little sense but you just blew it. SMH

St. Croix valley

#100881 Oct 10, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said it is not that simple. I knew it was over your head. read the article and then you might be able to understand.
Unless of course you want to say science is wrong and stupid and it is just a simple thing.
you don't even need to make a bike move to keep it balanced, so the gyroscopic effect doesn't even come into play there.

you really sucked up some bullshit there, fool...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 16 min Goku Black 209,806
A to Z songs by title or group! 36 min wichita-rick 596
News 7 Weird But Real Jobs 54 min wichita-rick 9
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 13,004
tell me one word to describe yourself (Jun '09) 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 16,742
One Word (Jan '09) 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 18,200
***Keep a Word~Drop a Word*** (Jan '10) 1 hr Mila Beaujolais 83,458
What turns you on ? (Aug '11) 2 hr streetglidehoney 2,142
News Mums sick of kids' illnesses - 18 times a year 2 hr Enzo49 30
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 3 hr Enzo49 68,063