Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Comments (Page 4,764)

Showing posts 95,261 - 95,280 of111,958
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
No research is necessary. You have no credibility.
lol....I have no credibility? You're the one that states THEY KNOW what the earth can do and what it can't do geologically and you claim I have no credibility! Too fricking funny dude really! lol.....
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...I didn't weasel out of anything. I never said I agreed with the Biblical time frame for a global flood. You ASSUME I agreed with such a time frame and I haven't. You don't read what I write.
You don't read what he writes. The Biblical timeframe is irrelevant. It doesn't matter when you say it happened, it never did. UNLESS it happened in a RADICALLY different manner (ie: much more calm way so as not to incinerate the Earth), which did not occur while mammals were on the planet.
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand according to existing evidence that life exists no where else as we exist
There is no such existing evidence.
No Surprise wrote:
logic says we shouldn't exist but we do :)
Since we DO exist logic says we SHOULD exist.

But you ain't using logic.(shrug)
The Dude

Birkenhead, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol....I have no credibility? You're the one that states THEY KNOW what the earth can do and what it can't do geologically and you claim I have no credibility! Too fricking funny dude really! lol.....
Yup, physicists and geologists do have an idea of the characteristics of the Earth, affects of physical forces and limitations of those effects.

This is why science works.

Meanwhile you're saying humans were made more cosmically special because Von Daniken.

It is fairly safe to say that you're not quite of this reality.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe it was tiny Elvis?.
I was thinking Morrison.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know that to fundies and other fellow cranks this means he's a fantastic source?
*sigh*

Yes. Only I keep forgetting. It's so hard to think irrationally.

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe it was tiny Elvis?.
Is more than one Elvis, tiny are standard size, Elvi?

“I have upset the hand of god”

Level 9

Since: Jan 11

Threats pending

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I was thinking Morrison.
Van or Jim?

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I was thinking Morrison.
Or ALF lol

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Is more than one Elvis, tiny are standard size, Elvi?
ANL had a tiny Elvis skit.

Hey mister, did you see that thing? It was huuuuuuge! tyvm

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Ooops SNL I meant

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>Is more than one Elvis, tiny are standard size, Elvi?
the real king of rock, Elvis Costello or the sad elvis that pissed away a great talent?

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I'm sure with your sources your research will be most valuable!
Never asked anyone to read a source. I gave links and asked for anyone interested to view the photos, not the opinions.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'd recommend not bothering.
That's that halfwit von Daniken - he also claimed that he had photographic evidence of a UFO landing area which turned out to be less thsn six feet across.
He's been totally debunked.
I didn't ask people to read his opinions. And I gave a few 'different' links of the various photos. The links were for people to view the photos to form their own opinion. Don't want to form an opinion, don't look at the photos :)

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>what is this evidence for a higher intelligence?
our intelligence does mimic that of other primates...the innate fear of reptiles is a good example...
lol...and arachnoids.

I have no 'evidence' for higher intelligence. I have 'reasons and opinions' for it plausibility though.
Of billions of species that lived and live only one on this planet has evolved as we have. Why just one? Reasoning based on the evolution of other primate species says there should be at least a few species on this earth with our brain capacity.
We have an unnumbered amount of solar systems and galaxies in the universe. We are one of the younger solar systems. We have no evidence for like life on another planet anywhere we can see/view. It can't be a chance happening that after billions of years matter happened to produce life on this planet and didn't do it before several times at least. Reasoning states we should be visited by people as ourselves from other planets with the same natural resources we have that caused their evolution. That they would have been around for so long that they would be teaching us their knowledge.
But that isn't how it is. I am to understand from evolutionists in billions of years a single solitary moment occurred on this single planet and unlike any other planet life evolved to what it is now. And people claim the theory of creationists is hard to swallow? Alrighty...lol.

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...and arachnoids.
I have no 'evidence' for higher intelligence. I have 'reasons and opinions' for it plausibility though.
Of billions of species that lived and live only one on this planet has evolved as we have. Why just one? Reasoning based on the evolution of other primate species says there should be at least a few species on this earth with our brain capacity.
We have an unnumbered amount of solar systems and galaxies in the universe. We are one of the younger solar systems. We have no evidence for like life on another planet anywhere we can see/view. It can't be a chance happening that after billions of years matter happened to produce life on this planet and didn't do it before several times at least. Reasoning states we should be visited by people as ourselves from other planets with the same natural resources we have that caused their evolution. That they would have been around for so long that they would be teaching us their knowledge.
But that isn't how it is. I am to understand from evolutionists in billions of years a single solitary moment occurred on this single planet and unlike any other planet life evolved to what it is now. And people claim the theory of creationists is hard to swallow? Alrighty...lol.
You write:
"Reasoning based on the evolution of other primate species says there should be at least a few species on this earth with our brain capacity."

Your reasoning is flawed....one doesn't necessarily follow the other.

So far as we can tell at this point, our abilities stem from one little defect(?) in our DNA giving us humans 46 chromosomes instead of 48 like other primates. No 2 fused

“Darwin was right..of course.”

Level 9

Since: Jun 11

Lagrangian L2

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

Judged:

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
On the other hand according to existing evidence that life exists no where else as we exist, logic says we shouldn't exist but we do :)
Logic says no such thing.

Level 8

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2013

thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
You write:
"Reasoning based on the evolution of other primate species says there should be at least a few species on this earth with our brain capacity."
Your reasoning is flawed....one doesn't necessarily follow the other.
So far as we can tell at this point, our abilities stem from one little defect(?) in our DNA giving us humans 46 chromosomes instead of 48 like other primates. No 2 fused

Apes are incapable of the concept of what others are thinking.
Therefore do not consider the idea of another entity.
But there are several species that do have this ability and,
These other creatures rival humans in brain capacity . Whales all the toothed whales and Elephants.
They are extremely intelligent , however do not have hands
capable of precision tool making. So are limited in that respect.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.c...

http://www.livescience.com/15647-elephant-pro...

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
our intelligence does mimic that of other primates...the innate fear of reptiles is a good example...
tick if you would pay attention he is talking about carving in stone of elephants and other things that those people could not have seen. They carved and drew things that did not exist to them for there is no way for them to have seen them.

“I'm Your Huckleberry ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

That's Just My Game

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2013

Judged:

woodtick57 wrote:
if you want some examples tick of what he is talking about here are some links. These people back then did not know of or had seen elephants, flying ships or spacemen and other things but yet had carvings/relics of them. Also look at his links that he provided.

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread669...

http://forum.spore.com/jforum/posts/list/7523...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 95,261 - 95,280 of111,958
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••