Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Seffner, FL

#100641 Oct 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I keep arguing the earth can globally flood itself with or without us on it. That's true.
Let's cut to the chase. In your opinion, is the biblical story of Noah's flood true. Yes or no.
Huh

Owatonna, MN

#100642 Oct 7, 2013
Evolution has some proof to back it up..Creation has nothing and the whole creation story is filled with stuff that can not happen and makes no sense.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#100644 Oct 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...talking about two faced phonies. Someone worth their knowledge of science even as an amature would try and give at the least an opinion to an actual question. I asked an actual question of where the real sea level lies if their was one. One poster attempted to answer it. You did as predicted. Nice job :)
{yawn}

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#100645 Oct 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're such a bore. Just saying.
So you can't counter what I posted. As usual. Just saying.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#100646 Oct 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Predictably the massive ignorance is on your part because you seem not to know how to research a claim/remark/question made by another poster to see if it's even credible or not. You just do as usual and make an ignorant statement you think is amazing intellectual for a response. Nice job as usual.
No research is necessary. You have no credibility.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#100647 Oct 7, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The salt lakes and what you are writing about was caused by the fact, that nearly the entire United States was once a shallow sea.
Where I live was the bottom of the sea once. But this was so far back in the geologic history of Earth, there were no men to float a boat. Nor any to build it.
I think you misunderstand, I was responding to No Surprised link to https://www.dmr.nd.gov/ndgs/Mineral/nd_saltne...

Which references sodium sulphate salt (not sea salt which is sodium chloride) deposits were laid down approximately 12,000 years ago.

Had the article mentioned sea salt then I would have stated exactly what you stated.

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#100648 Oct 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
So the opposite for you is your position that theories don't get proven. Seriously?
Yeah, they become facts, right doofus?

Level 8

Seffner, FL

#100649 Oct 7, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think absence of evidence is evidence of absence?(a little saying from dude)
"In some circumstances it can be safely assumed that if a certain event had occurred, evidence of it could be discovered by qualified investigators. In such circumstances it is perfectly reasonable to take the absence of proof of its occurrence as positive proof of its non-occurrence." - Irving Copi

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#100650 Oct 7, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? If it's so easy to be understood how it was done, why hasn't anyone endeavored to do it to prove we know how it was done? We have guesses for how the pyramids were built and that's all. We could never build a pyramid with the rudimentary tools Egyptians used. Attempts to carve out a single block of stone from a rock quarry and chiseled flat on all four sides and carried to the Nile and to the great pyramid area have failed except modern tools be used for a 'helping' hand.
Why don't you inform me of something I haven't read about concerning this topic?
the fact that no-one has ever given it a real try (because it would be a silly thing to do, just as building the first pyramids was..) doesn't mean by any stretch that we could not do it.

“Leave That Thing Alone!”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#100651 Oct 7, 2013
SCOUSE71UK wrote:
<quoted text>
You show your ignorance and narrow mindedness by what you write and your ignorance of science as well.
It seems you are on the wrong forum, but if you look I'm sure you will find one solely for bigots.
Any scientist worth their salt will tell you that we must consider all possibilities and yet with one sweeping statement you refuse to consider that there is any other possible theory other than your own, which is exactly what a bigot does. If scientists and inventors did that then no we would not be able to type anything.
The reason we have progressed is because scientists have treated the theories of other scientists with scepticism and done their own experiments so they can reach their own conclusions.
If the world of science was populated only by people like you, then we would be in serious trouble. It needs to be populated by people like myself who don't rule out any theory and treats them all with scepticism, because then and only then can we make any advances.
The evolution theory may well be the prevailing theory at the moment but their is nothing to say that somewhere down the line it will not be found to be a load of rubbish and completely wrong. Science is littered with such instances. Such as the world being flat and anyone who dared to say anything else or espouse any other theory was considered an heretic. A bit like yourself and the idea there could be any theory other than the evolution theory.
The idea of science is that you take the results and reach your own conclusions and not that you parrot the conclusions of the scientist who carried out the experiments.
LOL!! You claim someone is ignorant of science then go on a rant exposing your complete ignorance of science!!! LOL!! Classic god-bottery!!!

“See how you are?”

Level 5

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#100652 Oct 7, 2013
spOko wrote:
<quoted text>
Evolution and Creation? Evolution has created everything we know ... LOL!!
In a manner of speaking? Evolution as a term changes by context. No human is "created" knowing much of anything - and some don't seem willing or able to outgrow that "state of Grace".(A couple monikers come to mind...)

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#100653 Oct 7, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you misunderstand, I was responding to No Surprised link to https://www.dmr.nd.gov/ndgs/Mineral/nd_saltne...
Which references sodium sulphate salt (not sea salt which is sodium chloride) deposits were laid down approximately 12,000 years ago.
Had the article mentioned sea salt then I would have stated exactly what you stated.
I wasn't aware of fresh water salt deposits , but I see it is showing it.
But this area was under the ocean in the Cambrian, as Utah and most of the US.

http://www.paleoportal.org/index.php...
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#100654 Oct 7, 2013
What a great way to justify misogyny, slavery, infanticide and murder. So much for the morality of Christianity. Look over there, those people did bad things too.
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...too funny. The Bible? Fricking plain good ole history for thousands of years drawn/written on cave walls, stone edifices, baked mud to animal skins to wood, metal and paper tell of atrocities the Bible can't hold a candle flame to. Fricking the Bible...yeah right! lol.

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#100655 Oct 8, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't aware of fresh water salt deposits , but I see it is showing it.
But this area was under the ocean in the Cambrian, as Utah and most of the US.
http://www.paleoportal.org/index.php...
Yes No Surprises brought it up as though it confirmed Noah’s flood, the fact that sea salt and the salt found under the lakes of North Dakota are two completely different chemicals seems to escape his limited intellect.

The world map changes considerably over aeons, for example even though the top of Mount Everest is a little way from the nearest beach fossilised clams and sea shells can be found there indicating the mountain peak was once below sea level. Plate tectonics have now verified this and show that as far as continents go, India is on an express route north causing the upwelling

Not so many thousands of years ago Southern England was joined by land to Europe by a landmass known as Doggerland, hence the nautical area known as Dogger bank. Trawlers still bring up petrified tree trunks and bones of land animals from the North Sea.

One of the first commercial marketing ideas to be seen in the UK was in a London dockside pub in the 15th century. It was the thighbone of a woolly mamoth that was trawled from the Dogger area. Was shown as an attraction claiming to be a giants leg bone.

Good to see that marketing has not changed so much over the centuries

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#100656 Oct 8, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I don't
When I grew up science was honorable and stayed within the laws of the universe.
Now it is more less a religion dealing with impossibilities rather then facts.
Hmmm!

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#100657 Oct 8, 2013
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes No Surprises brought it up as though it confirmed Noah’s flood, the fact that sea salt and the salt found under the lakes of North Dakota are two completely different chemicals seems to escape his limited intellect.
The world map changes considerably over aeons, for example even though the top of Mount Everest is a little way from the nearest beach fossilised clams and sea shells can be found there indicating the mountain peak was once below sea level. Plate tectonics have now verified this and show that as far as continents go, India is on an express route north causing the upwelling
Not so many thousands of years ago Southern England was joined by land to Europe by a landmass known as Doggerland, hence the nautical area known as Dogger bank. Trawlers still bring up petrified tree trunks and bones of land animals from the North Sea.
One of the first commercial marketing ideas to be seen in the UK was in a London dockside pub in the 15th century. It was the thighbone of a woolly mamoth that was trawled from the Dogger area. Was shown as an attraction claiming to be a giants leg bone.
Good to see that marketing has not changed so much over the centuries
LOL

Level 2

Location hidden

#100658 Oct 8, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry KJV, I haven't seen any real evidence....have you??
No living or born humans can predict correctly the future, and yet that future or tomorrow must come. This is where God comes in.

Level 2

Location hidden

#100659 Oct 8, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry KJV, I haven't seen any real evidence....have you??
That is not true. God truly exist. The earth and all its property( ties), is a testimony to that, it is not man made.

Level 2

Location hidden

#100660 Oct 8, 2013
If God does'nt exist, how did the universe came into form?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Level 7

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#100661 Oct 8, 2013
Charles Idemi wrote:
<quoted text> That is not true. God truly exist. The earth and all its property( ties), is a testimony to that, it is not man made.
That's the claim. It's not proof.

It's not even evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 9 min Wolftracks 149,014
Make a Story / 4 Words Only (Nov '08) 30 min Grace Nerissa 24,574
Do you have a Topix crush? (Jun '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 6,832
topix.com describe in one word (Apr '13) 2 hr Enzo49 143
If you could live in a book ~ 2 hr Emerald 4
Keep a Word.....Drop a Word Game (Sep '13) 2 hr Princess Hey 6,239
Cops: Woman Tries to Break Into Ex's House, Get... 2 hr wichita-rick 7
True or False Game 4 hr SLY WEST 383
During Obama's Speech at Democratic Campaign Ra... 5 hr SLY WEST 32
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 6 hr -Lea- 22,231