Evolution vs. Creation

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008. Full Story

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#100601 Oct 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote...assumingly again....
Yes facts do exist that disprove a global flood
1 The most compelling of those facts, the fact that completely disproves the global flood story all on itís own is the DNA map of the human race. Funnily enough that DNA is that very same stuff that you are 100% confident to convict a suspected criminal to execution yet you deny itís validity when it disproves your faith
1a. I never said a global flood happened. Strike one. I said facts can't exist to prove the earth has never flooded itself globally. Strike two for you for not paying attention to what I stated.

2 excavations provide no evidence of a global flood, oh they provide evidence of local floods but non (NON) provide any evidence for a global flood.
2a. The earth could have flooded itself in infancy or later and because the tectonics change the earth's surface so much their probably wouldn't be any remaining evidence for it having happened.
3 the fossil record and geological column show now evidence of a global flood
3a. No. Evidence 'so far as known' shows no evidence for a global flood in the geological column. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
4 there is not enough water on earth, I have personally done the calculations there are 30,647,121,258,518,000,000,000 ,000,000,000 litres of water missing from the world to fulfil the story of the worlds first genocide. Thatís 2,067,956,900 times more than actually exists
4a. I gave a link on this a while back. There are minds in science today who believe opposite of your personal claim.
5 technology, even today it is technically IMPOSSIBLE to build a boat of the dimensions specified in the babble out of wood. Include the tools that were available in the bronze age youíd see the author was having a laugh
5a. There goes that word impossible again. When will you people quit with it? The Antikythera mechanism is a technical IMPOSSIBILITY for it's time but it existed when science claimed once no such technology existed or could exist. The Piri Reis map technically is an impossibility because science today claims sailing never happened in the previous time periods it was copied from. I could go on but I won't. The story describes a boat that we can't duplicate. But on that note the great Pyramid exists and we can't duplicate another by how it was built.
6 logistics, there somewhere between 18 million and 30 million species of animal known on the earth, many living on continents that were unknown in the bronze age. Some of those animals were small and some big. Most require specific environmental conditions to survive. However the dimensions of the boat given in the babble is not enough to hold a few hundred million individual animals (read the babble)
6a. It's a story, you should remember that :)
7 more logistics, given that somehow all those animals were stored in the ark, then the logistiics of supplying food for them including specific diets for fussy eaters for a year is yet another proof
7a. We have hollowed out salt caverns and reinforced them as livable quarters and have stored millions of seeds, food goods, water, clothing, machines for electricity etc to house thousands and thousands of people for up to five years and more. I don't find it that impossible a ship was made and an unknown amount of animals and food were kept on it for a year.
8 Water mixing, if such a flood had occurred then all (ALL) fresh water would be contaminated with salt and the human race (and many other species) could never have survived the aftermath. Also salt water would be diluted beyond the tolerance of many salt water species .
8a. You should read this link. https://www.dmr.nd.gov/ndgs/Mineral/nd_saltne...

“A Idiot Thinks Im Savoir Faire”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Paranoid That I Am Everywhere

#100602 Oct 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just pointing out the incorrect parts of their statement...
Sure thing tick. You betcha. lol

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#100603 Oct 6, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing tick. You betcha. lol
just a statement of verifiable fact, which i noticed you couldn't seem to discuss...

St. Croix valley

#100604 Oct 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
ChristineM wrote...assumingly again....
Yes facts do exist that disprove a global flood
1 The most compelling of those facts, the fact that completely disproves the global flood story all on itís own is the DNA map of the human race. Funnily enough that DNA is that very same stuff that you are 100% confident to convict a suspected criminal to execution yet you deny itís validity when it disproves your faith
1a. I never said a global flood happened. Strike one. I said facts can't exist to prove the earth has never flooded itself globally. Strike two for you for not paying attention to what I stated.
2 excavations provide no evidence of a global flood, oh they provide evidence of local floods but non (NON) provide any evidence for a global flood.
2a. The earth could have flooded itself in infancy or later and because the tectonics change the earth's surface so much their probably wouldn't be any remaining evidence for it having happened.
3 the fossil record and geological column show now evidence of a global flood
3a. No. Evidence 'so far as known' shows no evidence for a global flood in the geological column. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
4 there is not enough water on earth, I have personally done the calculations there are 30,647,121,258,518,000,000,000 ,000,000,000 litres of water missing from the world to fulfil the story of the worlds first genocide. Thatís 2,067,956,900 times more than actually exists
4a. I gave a link on this a while back. There are minds in science today who believe opposite of your personal claim.
5 technology, even today it is technically IMPOSSIBLE to build a boat of the dimensions specified in the babble out of wood. Include the tools that were available in the bronze age youíd see the author was having a laugh
5a. There goes that word impossible again. When will you people quit with it? The Antikythera mechanism is a technical IMPOSSIBILITY for it's time but it existed when science claimed once no such technology existed or could exist. The Piri Reis map technically is an impossibility because science today claims sailing never happened in the previous time periods it was copied from. I could go on but I won't. The story describes a boat that we can't duplicate. But on that note the great Pyramid exists and we can't duplicate another by how it was built.
6 logistics, there somewhere between 18 million and 30 million species of animal known on the earth, many living on continents that were unknown in the bronze age. Some of those animals were small and some big. Most require specific environmental conditions to survive. However the dimensions of the boat given in the babble is not enough to hold a few hundred million individual animals (read the babble)
6a. It's a story, you should remember that :)
7 more logistics, given that somehow all those animals were stored in the ark, then the logistiics of supplying food for them including specific diets for fussy eaters for a year is yet another proof
7a. We have hollowed out salt caverns and reinforced them as livable quarters and have stored millions of seeds, food goods, water, clothing, machines for electricity etc to house thousands and thousands of people for up to five years and more. I don't find it that impossible a ship was made and an unknown amount of animals and food were kept on it for a year.
8 Water mixing, if such a flood had occurred then all (ALL) fresh water would be contaminated with salt and the human race (and many other species) could never have survived the aftermath. Also salt water would be diluted beyond the tolerance of many salt water species .
8a. You should read this link. https://www.dmr.nd.gov/ndgs/Mineral/nd_saltne...
your statement that we could not now build the pyramids as they were built is totally ridiculous.

“A Idiot Thinks Im Savoir Faire”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

Paranoid That I Am Everywhere

#100605 Oct 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just a statement of verifiable fact, which i noticed you couldn't seem to discuss...
What was there to discuss? All you said was "just pointing out the incorrect parts of their statement"

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100606 Oct 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet you keep arguing that it could have happened.
<quoted text>
No, the earth cannot do whatever it will. It obeys the same laws of physics as everything else.
<quoted text>
And also because I'm not a friggin loony who thinks that anything can happen,
Yes. I keep arguing the earth can globally flood itself with or without us on it. That's true.
You are the one that is stating what the earth can't do.
You're the one that's stating you know something the rest of us don't because you state you know what the potentials of this earth are and aren't.
And loonies like you are the ones that demand others believe what you say is correct and true that you know what the earth can do and what it can't do. That's a fricking true looney speaking lol....

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#100607 Oct 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I keep arguing the earth can globally flood itself with or without us on it. That's true.
You are the one that is stating what the earth can't do.
You're the one that's stating you know something the rest of us don't because you state you know what the potentials of this earth are and aren't.
And loonies like you are the ones that demand others believe what you say is correct and true that you know what the earth can do and what it can't do. That's a fricking true looney speaking lol....
Though I personally cannot tell the Earth what it can or cannot do we do know that there was never during man's time on Earth a global flood. It was known long before Darwin's time that the Flood of Genesis was a myth.

St. Croix valley

#100608 Oct 6, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
What was there to discuss? All you said was "just pointing out the incorrect parts of their statement"
yes. a verifiable fact that you shrugged off with your sure pal, sure...

now you are denying verifiable facts...again...

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100609 Oct 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
And you ignored the evidence I did provide. So you're just a phony.
Are you admitting you lied? You stated..."I've already given posted the Atacama."...You stated that. What post number? I want to read it and give comment. So provide the post number or admit you're a phony and lied about posting the Atacama info.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100610 Oct 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Read a book and your questions will be answered.
lol...talking about two faced phonies. Someone worth their knowledge of science even as an amature would try and give at the least an opinion to an actual question. I asked an actual question of where the real sea level lies if their was one. One poster attempted to answer it. You did as predicted. Nice job :)

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100611 Oct 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Massive ignorance. Amazing.
Predictably the massive ignorance is on your part because you seem not to know how to research a claim/remark/question made by another poster to see if it's even credible or not. You just do as usual and make an ignorant statement you think is amazing intellectual for a response. Nice job as usual.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100612 Oct 6, 2013
MikeF wrote:
<quoted text>
Here you say they do not make prediction.
<quoted text>
Here you say they do. Can't make up you mind? Or just confused?
<quoted text>
The following I took from the web for you since you are in too much of a damn hurry to even read your own links:
"The chief characteristic which distinguishes the scientific method from other methods of acquiring knowledge is that scientists seek to let reality speak for itself,[discuss] supporting a theory when a theory's predictions are confirmed and challenging a theory when its predictions prove false."
Notice the word "PREDICTIONS", moron?

You're such a bore. Just saying.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100613 Oct 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So nobody knows what to look for, which would by definition include you. Therefore it still could have happened even though nobody knows what to look for.
And you want people to take you seriously, yes?
Actually, NS, we have already explained what you should be looking for. A modern day Earth looking something like this:
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2008092...
Of course science is not based on impossibilities, right? Which means we should have no problem with the possibility of all mountains on Earth to suddenly start flying 15,000 feet in the air tomorrow.
And apparently ours is the extremist position.
An extremist's position concerning science uses the words 'never''can't''impossible' and other such extreme limiting negative words that time in most cases concerning science proved were very incorrect and or foolish words to have been used. Just saying.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100614 Oct 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you already demonstrated quite adequately that you don't have the slightest f cking clue.(shrug)
<quoted text>
Actually the evidence already provided DOES go against your claims. The fact that you not only ignored it but didn't even understand a single word of it is rather telling. It's not just simple time factors that's a problem, it's the massive massive inbreeding which leads to inevitable population decline. And that's not a tenable position when you only start with 8 people, half of which are already related. And even worse for the animals who had only two.
In short, you're talking out your azz. This is not a problem. Just say Goddidit with magic and all your problems will be solved.
lol...the fact that you think two individuals having a sense of right and wrong as we would enforce mass inbreeding states you don't have a clue of what you claim to think you know which you don't.
We have tribes existing on this earth in the most remote places that they were only known about inn the last 100 years by outsiders and they don't practice massive, massive inbreeding to exist. As a matter of fact they understand it's better to marry outside of the family, a fact you have no clue of.
Next. Pretending, PRETENDING that the human race evolved from two parents with our supposed knowledge of right and wrong, Actual direct incest would only exist between the first brother and sister relationships. The next generation of relationships would be first cousins. The next second cousins etc.
point being your clueless thinking that massive, massive inbreeding would have to take place to begin a population of generations was a massive, massive clueless statement. Just saying.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100615 Oct 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
So you DO at least accept, in principle, the concept of falsification (though you apparently don't understand it).
That's why the mountains COULD possibly fly tomorrow.
Falsification. Oh! You mean like your falsified statement that massive, massive inbreeding would have to take place for a population of generations to exist coming from just a male and female? Sure I understand it. You self defined it :)

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100616 Oct 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Right, so you've never claimed there was a Biblical global flood, but you've vehemently chastised us for rejecting the possibility despite the complete and total lack of evidence and mounds of evidence against it. So your whole point here is that it MIGHT be true.
Because invisible Jewish magic MIGHT be true.
Same as the Cosmic Sheep.
Big whoop.(shrug)
Nope. Never chastised anyone for rejecting the possibility of a Biblical flood. Never chastised anyone for rejecting the possibility that the earth has flooded itself or could flood itself globally.
I stated people were ignorant for using words like 'never' and 'impossible' in connection/relation to science discussions. Understand the difference?

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100617 Oct 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
It's my shallow narrow restrictive opinion that a 40 stone fat guy is not gonna pass through a six inch gap between two house size blocks of solid metal. At least not intact.
See that's the problem here NS, is that sometimes reality CAN be somewhat restrictive towards myths and fantasies.
Myth and fantasy begins and ends when people declare what the earth is capable of and what it's not capable of doing. That's a real problem.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100618 Oct 6, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you seriously saying theories get proven? Seriously?
So the opposite for you is your position that theories don't get proven. Seriously?

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100619 Oct 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>possibly the most awkwardly written opening sentence ever...
did you learn that writing style where you learned about geological history?
Yeah....lol. What excuse do you use for your grammer?

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100620 Oct 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>where did the Hopi flood story come from then?
That isn't a known. To know that you'd have to know where the first Hopi's originated from and that would give you a clue to the influences they experienced from other cultures for their storytelling.
They claim the creator already destroyed the earth twice by fire and cold/water. They do have a third story that specifically mentions a 'flooding'. And they believe we are to experience another flooding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Court: $1.8M house built on park must be removed 2 min Streetrunner 11
Big dawg 4 min Grace Nerissa 590
Pass-the-Buck 17 min Hoosier Hillbilly 2
Things Not To Say In Bed (Oct '11) 46 min SLY WEST 2,663
Top Deal Breakers in Relationships (Feb '13) 48 min SLY WEST 838
(Non Computer) Mouse issues HELP!! 1 hr Grace Nerissa 43
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Grace Nerissa 36,601
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr SLY WEST 147,642
I Like..... (Mar '14) 4 hr SLY WEST 376
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 hr -Lea- 21,356