Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 173636 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#100586 Oct 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I am? lol Well by your logic that makes you a evotard to you claiming me a creatard. Interesting...NOT! lol... You assume way too much.
If you read as much as you pass gaseous statements full of nothing but stink, you would have mentioned by now to actual creationists that the new theory is that a portion of the Middle east was actually flooded about 7500 years ago and that is where the story had it's beginning and was passed down through many middle eastern cultures to today. Just saying.
isn't that what most rational people believe about the flood stories? showing that the bible is just a work of complete fiction...

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#100587 Oct 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
No Surprise if you want to claim things and get respect you need to supply some evidence that backs you up. In an internet debate you do this with links.
So let's see some links supporting your beliefs, or else, STFU.
I'm stating other's 'interesting' beliefs/opinions in the aforementioned post :)

1. http://www.bing.com/search...

2. http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/ethnic/m...
http://www.cocaine.org/history/mummies.html

3. http://www.linearconcepts.com/travelog/2004-c... Count eleven pictures down if I counted right.
http://jopeyer.com/mexico4.htm You have to look for the picture with a comment about an elephant trunk in this link of photos.
http://www.richardcassaro.com/tag/elephant-de... In this link I would forget the opinions and just weigh the compared side by side pictures for evidence of likenesses.#8 especially.
http://www.bing.com/search...

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

Since: Mar 13

person's mouth broke his nose.

#100588 Oct 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>isn't that what most rational people believe about the flood stories? showing that the bible is just a work of complete fiction...
With you it isn't about evolution being right, you just attack the bible period. You take it to a personal level it seems. What is it that happened that you hate so much about God and/or the bible?

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100589 Oct 6, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Florida has been underwater more than once.
I don't know of any evidence that any of those events were violent or sudden. Where is your evidence that supports you claim.
And no, floods were not primarily responsible for shaping the Earth's surface. Again, where is your evidence?
Please use valid sources, if you can/
The sudden flooding to an area not previously flooded(or not previously flooded for a long time period)cause erosion of topsoil and lower levels of subsurface to form areas for standing water that are later supplied by runoff and or springs forming from underneath.
Glacial flooding is a major cause for reshaping land areas. There are many causes for lakes including sinkholes :) Please educate yourself at the following link.
http://www.glaciallakemissoula.org/story.html

St. Croix valley

#100590 Oct 6, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
With you it isn't about evolution being right, you just attack the bible period. You take it to a personal level it seems. What is it that happened that you hate so much about God and/or the bible?
not personal at all. it is just that that set of myths have been proven to be just that, myths, and people still to this day talk as if it is real.

the topic of the thread is evolution vs creation. one of the most popular creation myths is the one created in the bible...

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100591 Oct 6, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's put this another way, we can look at the geological history of Earth going back for hundreds of millions of years.
Evidence for a global flood in the last 200,000 years or even the last 2,000,000 years or the last 20 m/y simply does not exist.
These is absolutely no trace of your mythical global flood.
lol...I never claimed a global flood happened. You have assumed as others and like they, you have made an *ss of yourself through your assumptions claiming I said what I didn't. Nice job :)

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

#100592 Oct 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>possibly the most awkwardly written opening sentence ever...
did you learn that writing style where you learned about geological history?
Are you the self pointed grammar checker again?

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

#100593 Oct 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>not personal at all. it is just that that set of myths have been proven to be just that, myths, and people still to this day talk as if it is real.
the topic of the thread is evolution vs creation. one of the most popular creation myths is the one created in the bible...
Yes the topic of the thread is evolution vs creation.

1. you never support evolution
2. you hardly ever even talk about evolution
3. you never bring evidence of any thing you claim
4. you always just attack the bible and or God.
5 back to the title of the room. why don't you talk about both?

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

#100594 Oct 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...I never claimed a global flood happened. You have assumed as others and like they, you have made an *ss of yourself through your assumptions claiming I said what I didn't. Nice job :)
If you are not agreeing with them completely then you are seen as a creationists, otherwise the enemy and they will tell you what you believe. lol

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

#100595 Oct 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm stating other's 'interesting' beliefs/opinions in the aforementioned post :)
1. http://www.bing.com/search...
2. http://www.faculty.ucr.edu/~legneref/ethnic/m...
http://www.cocaine.org/history/mummies.html
3. http://www.linearconcepts.com/travelog/2004-c... Count eleven pictures down if I counted right.
http://jopeyer.com/mexico4.htm You have to look for the picture with a comment about an elephant trunk in this link of photos.
http://www.richardcassaro.com/tag/elephant-de... In this link I would forget the opinions and just weigh the compared side by side pictures for evidence of likenesses.#8 especially.
http://www.bing.com/search...
One does have to wonder if they had never seen an elephant how the similarities came about. Good links.

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100596 Oct 6, 2013
Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Time you understood the difference between theory and fact in a scientific sense. Your gravity example is perfect.
Its a fact thay gravity holds us to earth.
But explaining gravity is done by theory. Newton was close, Einstein is closer. They use completely different conceptions of HOW gravity works. Tomorrow someone may come up with an even better explanation for the same facts using a completely different theory.
In terms of explanation of facts, we can never be 100% sure we have the one and only correct explanation. The best guidelines we have are the success of the theory in predicting new facts, and Occam's razor.
Some theories become so central and explain so many facts so well and make such good predictionss that we think of them as facts too, but they are not really. Gravity is NOT a fact. An object accelerating such as the falling apple is a fact. Gravity is the theoretical explantion of the fact, and not the only one that men have believed in the past either.
Nice post. Gravity IS a fact of the action of it's description because it is a real thing that takes place 24/7 and evidence of gravity can be had by factual evidence any time anyone wishes to examine that factual evidence to affirm its existence as fact.
fact noun \&#712;fakt\
: something that truly exists or happens : something that has actual existence
: a true piece of information
The other poster stated science was based on prediction. They stated nothing else. They stated science was based on prediction. You would understand that if you had read their response.
You would also understand that I was explaining in my replies that science was based on MORE than just predictions than of what that poster claimed. But you would know that if you had read my replies.
Science begins with an idea, not a prediction as the other poster claimed. That idea becomes a theory. Unless that theory is proved to be fact, it remains a theory. Very simple concept you seem to wish to

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

#100597 Oct 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet many people have considered the creation idea, but since there isn't one shred of evidence to support it, it was dismissed as the proven myth it is...
Here again the person is even talking about evolution and you just go on about creation and myths.

St. Croix valley

#100598 Oct 6, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes the topic of the thread is evolution vs creation.
1. you never support evolution
2. you hardly ever even talk about evolution
3. you never bring evidence of any thing you claim
4. you always just attack the bible and or God.
5 back to the title of the room. why don't you talk about both?
In fact, your first 4 statements are false.
davy

Albuquerque, NM

#100599 Oct 6, 2013
The bible. Come for the misogyny and the slavery. Stay for the murder and infanticide.
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>

St. Croix valley

#100600 Oct 6, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Here again the person is even talking about evolution and you just go on about creation and myths.
just pointing out the incorrect parts of their statement...

“Good day to you!”

Level 2

Earth

#100601 Oct 6, 2013
ChristineM wrote...assumingly again....
Yes facts do exist that disprove a global flood
1 The most compelling of those facts, the fact that completely disproves the global flood story all on itís own is the DNA map of the human race. Funnily enough that DNA is that very same stuff that you are 100% confident to convict a suspected criminal to execution yet you deny itís validity when it disproves your faith
1a. I never said a global flood happened. Strike one. I said facts can't exist to prove the earth has never flooded itself globally. Strike two for you for not paying attention to what I stated.

2 excavations provide no evidence of a global flood, oh they provide evidence of local floods but non (NON) provide any evidence for a global flood.
2a. The earth could have flooded itself in infancy or later and because the tectonics change the earth's surface so much their probably wouldn't be any remaining evidence for it having happened.
3 the fossil record and geological column show now evidence of a global flood
3a. No. Evidence 'so far as known' shows no evidence for a global flood in the geological column. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
4 there is not enough water on earth, I have personally done the calculations there are 30,647,121,258,518,000,000,000 ,000,000,000 litres of water missing from the world to fulfil the story of the worlds first genocide. Thatís 2,067,956,900 times more than actually exists
4a. I gave a link on this a while back. There are minds in science today who believe opposite of your personal claim.
5 technology, even today it is technically IMPOSSIBLE to build a boat of the dimensions specified in the babble out of wood. Include the tools that were available in the bronze age youíd see the author was having a laugh
5a. There goes that word impossible again. When will you people quit with it? The Antikythera mechanism is a technical IMPOSSIBILITY for it's time but it existed when science claimed once no such technology existed or could exist. The Piri Reis map technically is an impossibility because science today claims sailing never happened in the previous time periods it was copied from. I could go on but I won't. The story describes a boat that we can't duplicate. But on that note the great Pyramid exists and we can't duplicate another by how it was built.
6 logistics, there somewhere between 18 million and 30 million species of animal known on the earth, many living on continents that were unknown in the bronze age. Some of those animals were small and some big. Most require specific environmental conditions to survive. However the dimensions of the boat given in the babble is not enough to hold a few hundred million individual animals (read the babble)
6a. It's a story, you should remember that :)
7 more logistics, given that somehow all those animals were stored in the ark, then the logistiics of supplying food for them including specific diets for fussy eaters for a year is yet another proof
7a. We have hollowed out salt caverns and reinforced them as livable quarters and have stored millions of seeds, food goods, water, clothing, machines for electricity etc to house thousands and thousands of people for up to five years and more. I don't find it that impossible a ship was made and an unknown amount of animals and food were kept on it for a year.
8 Water mixing, if such a flood had occurred then all (ALL) fresh water would be contaminated with salt and the human race (and many other species) could never have survived the aftermath. Also salt water would be diluted beyond the tolerance of many salt water species .
8a. You should read this link. https://www.dmr.nd.gov/ndgs/Mineral/nd_saltne...

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

#100602 Oct 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just pointing out the incorrect parts of their statement...
Sure thing tick. You betcha. lol

St. Croix valley

#100603 Oct 6, 2013
replaytime wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing tick. You betcha. lol
just a statement of verifiable fact, which i noticed you couldn't seem to discuss...

St. Croix valley

#100604 Oct 6, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
ChristineM wrote...assumingly again....
Yes facts do exist that disprove a global flood
1 The most compelling of those facts, the fact that completely disproves the global flood story all on itís own is the DNA map of the human race. Funnily enough that DNA is that very same stuff that you are 100% confident to convict a suspected criminal to execution yet you deny itís validity when it disproves your faith
1a. I never said a global flood happened. Strike one. I said facts can't exist to prove the earth has never flooded itself globally. Strike two for you for not paying attention to what I stated.
2 excavations provide no evidence of a global flood, oh they provide evidence of local floods but non (NON) provide any evidence for a global flood.
2a. The earth could have flooded itself in infancy or later and because the tectonics change the earth's surface so much their probably wouldn't be any remaining evidence for it having happened.
3 the fossil record and geological column show now evidence of a global flood
3a. No. Evidence 'so far as known' shows no evidence for a global flood in the geological column. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
4 there is not enough water on earth, I have personally done the calculations there are 30,647,121,258,518,000,000,000 ,000,000,000 litres of water missing from the world to fulfil the story of the worlds first genocide. Thatís 2,067,956,900 times more than actually exists
4a. I gave a link on this a while back. There are minds in science today who believe opposite of your personal claim.
5 technology, even today it is technically IMPOSSIBLE to build a boat of the dimensions specified in the babble out of wood. Include the tools that were available in the bronze age youíd see the author was having a laugh
5a. There goes that word impossible again. When will you people quit with it? The Antikythera mechanism is a technical IMPOSSIBILITY for it's time but it existed when science claimed once no such technology existed or could exist. The Piri Reis map technically is an impossibility because science today claims sailing never happened in the previous time periods it was copied from. I could go on but I won't. The story describes a boat that we can't duplicate. But on that note the great Pyramid exists and we can't duplicate another by how it was built.
6 logistics, there somewhere between 18 million and 30 million species of animal known on the earth, many living on continents that were unknown in the bronze age. Some of those animals were small and some big. Most require specific environmental conditions to survive. However the dimensions of the boat given in the babble is not enough to hold a few hundred million individual animals (read the babble)
6a. It's a story, you should remember that :)
7 more logistics, given that somehow all those animals were stored in the ark, then the logistiics of supplying food for them including specific diets for fussy eaters for a year is yet another proof
7a. We have hollowed out salt caverns and reinforced them as livable quarters and have stored millions of seeds, food goods, water, clothing, machines for electricity etc to house thousands and thousands of people for up to five years and more. I don't find it that impossible a ship was made and an unknown amount of animals and food were kept on it for a year.
8 Water mixing, if such a flood had occurred then all (ALL) fresh water would be contaminated with salt and the human race (and many other species) could never have survived the aftermath. Also salt water would be diluted beyond the tolerance of many salt water species .
8a. You should read this link. https://www.dmr.nd.gov/ndgs/Mineral/nd_saltne...
your statement that we could not now build the pyramids as they were built is totally ridiculous.

“It is often that a ”

Level 5

#100605 Oct 6, 2013
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>just a statement of verifiable fact, which i noticed you couldn't seem to discuss...
What was there to discuss? All you said was "just pointing out the incorrect parts of their statement"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Advice (Good or Bad) (Dec '14) 2 min Vector aka Victor... 2,594
Poll What features would you like in a girl? (Feb '13) 5 min Another Grey Day 173
Last Word is First Word (no "breast" word please) 7 min Brother Larry 629
Just start naming actors and actresses (Sep '11) 17 min Mega Monster 3,076
CHANGE One letter CHANCE (Sep '08) 17 min SweLL GirL 32,732
Change-one-of-six-letters (Dec '12) 19 min SweLL GirL 5,897
keep a word drop a word (Sep '12) 22 min SweLL GirL 9,485
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 35 min Hot 98 43,619
2015: "Make a Story/ 6 Words Only: 1 hr Mechanic 2,467
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 2 hr Mister_ E 169,398
JUST SAY SOMETHING. Whatever comes to mind!! (Aug '09) 2 hr KNIGHT DeVINE 29,714
More from around the web