Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
94,961 - 94,980 of 114,455 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100480
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Yes but there wasn't any mountains or people.
There sometime in this shallow ocean life did arise though.
So what evidence convinced you that at one point the entire surface of the planet was covered by water?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100481
Oct 4, 2013
 
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you forget to take your medication? Because.....
WTH would want a goofy fundie?
Certainly not me.
You own a cat, right? What name did you give it?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100482
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Facts don't exist to disprove a global flood. Opinions, opinions claim certain pieces of evidence prove there wasn't a global flood. Understand that difference?
Yes facts do exist that disprove a global flood

1 The most compelling of those facts, the fact that completely disproves the global flood story all on itís own is the DNA map of the human race. Funnily enough that DNA is that very same stuff that you are 100% confident to convict a suspected criminal to execution yet you deny itís validity when it disproves your faith

2 excavations provide no evidence of a global flood, oh they provide evidence of local floods but non (NON) provide any evidence for a global flood

3 the fossil record and geological column show now evidence of a global flood

4 there is not enough water on earth, I have personally done the calculations there are 30,647,121,258,518,000,000,000 ,000,000,000 litres of water missing from the world to fulfil the story of the worlds first genocide. Thatís 2,067,956,900 times more than actually exists

5 technology, even today it is technically IMPOSSIBLE to build a boat of the dimensions specified in the babble out of wood. Include the tools that were available in the bronze age youíd see the author was having a laugh

6 logistics, there somewhere between 18 million and 30 million species of animal known on the earth, many living on continents that were unknown in the bronze age. Some of those animals were small and some big. Most require specific environmental conditions to survive. However the dimensions of the boat given in the babble is not enough to hold a few hundred million individual animals (read the babble)

7 more logistics, given that somehow all those animals were stored in the ark, then the logistiics of supplying food for them including specific diets for fussy eaters for a year is yet another proof

8 Water mixing, if such a flood had occurred then all (ALL) fresh water would be contaminated with salt and the human race (and many other species) could never have survived the aftermath. Also salt water would be diluted beyond the tolerance of many salt water species .

9 Sanitation, who mucked out the several hundred million animals?

You see there is plenty of evidence, and I really do understand that you want to believe in a goddidtit by magic story because thatís what your were taught to believe, however you are simply indoctrinated to ignore that evidence. And of course you will abide by your faith and ignore those facts, itís the funnymentalist way.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100483
Oct 4, 2013
 
Ozzie wrote:
Q: Who came first, the chicken or the egg?
A: The Rooster!
Bwhahaha! BWOORKK! Bock! Bock! Bock!
So you must be the brains in your family, huh?

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Dubai, UAE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100484
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes facts do exist that disprove a global flood
1 The most compelling of those facts, the fact that completely disproves the global flood story all on itís own is the DNA map of the human race. Funnily enough that DNA is that very same stuff that you are 100% confident to convict a suspected criminal to execution yet you deny itís validity when it disproves your faith
2 excavations provide no evidence of a global flood, oh they provide evidence of local floods but non (NON) provide any evidence for a global flood
3 the fossil record and geological column show now evidence of a global flood
4 there is not enough water on earth, I have personally done the calculations there are 30,647,121,258,518,000,000,000 ,000,000,000 litres of water missing from the world to fulfil the story of the worlds first genocide. Thatís 2,067,956,900 times more than actually exists
5 technology, even today it is technically IMPOSSIBLE to build a boat of the dimensions specified in the babble out of wood. Include the tools that were available in the bronze age youíd see the author was having a laugh
6 logistics, there somewhere between 18 million and 30 million species of animal known on the earth, many living on continents that were unknown in the bronze age. Some of those animals were small and some big. Most require specific environmental conditions to survive. However the dimensions of the boat given in the babble is not enough to hold a few hundred million individual animals (read the babble)
7 more logistics, given that somehow all those animals were stored in the ark, then the logistiics of supplying food for them including specific diets for fussy eaters for a year is yet another proof
8 Water mixing, if such a flood had occurred then all (ALL) fresh water would be contaminated with salt and the human race (and many other species) could never have survived the aftermath. Also salt water would be diluted beyond the tolerance of many salt water species .
9 Sanitation, who mucked out the several hundred million animals?
You see there is plenty of evidence, and I really do understand that you want to believe in a goddidtit by magic story because thatís what your were taught to believe, however you are simply indoctrinated to ignore that evidence. And of course you will abide by your faith and ignore those facts, itís the funnymentalist way.
All these problems can be fixed with magic Christine. Sheesh!
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100485
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes facts do exist that disprove a global flood
1 The most compelling of those facts, the fact that completely disproves the global flood story all on itís own is the DNA map of the human race. Funnily enough that DNA is that very same stuff that you are 100% confident to convict a suspected criminal to execution yet you deny itís validity when it disproves your faith.
Another clueless troll...

You able to provide any evidence to support your BS claim?

Are we to just take your word on it?

Just curious if you even understand what DNA is and its function?

What definition of DNA do you agree with?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100486
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
2 excavations provide no evidence of a global flood, oh they provide evidence of local floods but non (NON) provide any evidence for a global flood.
What evidence would you be looking for or expect to find for a global flood?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100487
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
3 the fossil record and geological column show now evidence of a global flood.

Again, what evidence would you expect to see in the fossil record or geological column? Do you know?
Namu Myoho Renge Kyo

Santa Monica, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100488
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Creation is just a silly myth.
Learn what well known atheist Sam Harris has to say about Buddhism.
http://www.nichirenbuddhist.org/
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100489
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
4 there is not enough water on earth, I have personally done the calculations there are 30,647,121,258,518,000,000,000 ,000,000,000 litres of water missing from the world to fulfil the story of the worlds first genocide. Thatís 2,067,956,900 times more than actually exists.
Before I point why your calculations are not based on facts and simple assumptions, let me ask you this...

Do you claim that the amount of water in, on or around the Earth is a constant?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100490
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Chimney1 wrote:
<quoted text>
All these problems can be fixed with magic Christine. Sheesh!
Anything can be fixed with magic and faith in that magic, it is after all the basis of so much ignorance

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100491
Oct 4, 2013
 
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
So what evidence convinced you that at one point the entire surface of the planet was covered by water?

The oldest parts of all the land masses is made of pillow lava.
It only forms in water, and is the foundation of all land masses.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100492
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Namu Myoho Renge Kyo wrote:
Creation is just a silly myth.
Learn what well known atheist Sam Harris has to say about Buddhism.
http://www.nichirenbuddhist.org/
This Sam Harris?


or this Sam Harris,

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Atheist tries to defend atheist view...comedy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

LOL
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100493
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The oldest parts of all the land masses is made of pillow lava.
It only forms in water, and is the foundation of all land masses.
Who told you this stuff?

Do you know where the oldest land mass is? If not, then why would you believe this?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100494
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The oldest parts of all the land masses is made of pillow lava.
It only forms in water, and is the foundation of all land masses.
So then according to you, land can only form in water, right?

“I started out with nothing”

Level 6

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100495
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text> Another clueless troll...
You able to provide any evidence to support your BS claim?
Are we to just take your word on it?
Just curious if you even understand what DNA is and its function?
What definition of DNA do you agree with?
This I find hilarious,ďclueless trollĒ who then goes on to troll and troll and troll and troll

I have had godbots like you try to insult my intelligence before, and each and every time they have failed, and guess what, you are no exception

DNA is DNA, you moron. DNA is deoxyribonucleic acid that carries the genetic information in the cells of all organisms (except some viruses). It is not god magic and it is not irrelevant however inconvenient for you it is.
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
What evidence would you be looking for or expect to find for a global flood?
I personally would not be looking for anything, I am not an archaeologist nor a scientist, nor have I studied the period more than a few glances during a couple of years in UNI as a second choice subject. However, all floods leave evidence, silt layers, plant remains, detritus etc and a global flood that resulted from such an amount of water and lasted for over a year (read the babble) would leave considerable evidence. NO SUCH EVIDENCE EXISTS
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, what evidence would you expect to see in the fossil record or geological column? Do you know?
Yes I do know, my hobby is the Cro Magnon period so I do spend considerable time each year investigating (for personal enjoyment) fossil evidence and the geological column in southern France. I have recently returned from a holiday trip in which I investigated a Neanderthal gravesite that is dated 55,000 years old.

The evidence I would expect to see if a global flood had occurred is a silt layer on a global scale containing evidence (including fossils) of a mass extinction. NO SUCH EVIDENCE EXISTS
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text> Before I point why your calculations are not based on facts and simple assumptions, let me ask you this...
Do you claim that the amount of water in, on or around the Earth is a constant?
Yes they are based on fact, scientific fact. However you have made a claim that my calculations are not based of fact Ė PROVE IT you ignorant moron. Do you actually think I am as stupid as you and make things up because it suites my faith?

To measurable amounts in human terms the amount of water is more or less constant but it does increasing slightly over millennia as comets etc deposit more water on earth. However to create a global flood to the depth suggested in the babble, i.e. covering the highest mountain there would need to be more than 2,000,000,000 times more than has ever existed. Mathematical and scientific fact, accept it, live with it and continue to believe in magic and myth because you obviously have problems believing in fact

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100496
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Still no questions?

Remember my claim was that the whole Earth has not been underwater for over a billion years?

I was not taking about the earliest rocks, though I will be happy to discuss those too.

How do we know that there was no world wide flood? Because we can find sandstones, siltstones, and shales being deposited during that whole period. For them to be deposited they have to be being currently eroded. The presence of those is proof positive that there were land masses.

Now of course for the mythological flood of the Bible you would need over 5 miles of water besides what we already have.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100497
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
This I find hilarious,ďclueless trollĒ who then goes on to troll and troll and troll and troll
I have had godbots like you try to insult my intelligence before, and each and every time they have failed, and guess what, you are no exception
DNA is DNA, you moron. DNA is deoxyribonucleic acid that carries the genetic information in the cells of all organisms (except some viruses). It is not god magic and it is not irrelevant however inconvenient for you it is.
First, I am not trying to insult your intelligence, I am straight out questioning it!!!

Second, I have not invoked any God or deity. Fail!

I did not expect you would be willing to commit to that definition,
So to be clear, you claim that DNA carries (genetic information), right?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100498
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
I personally would not be looking for anything, I am not an archaeologist nor a scientist, nor have I studied the period more than a few glances during a couple of years in UNI as a second choice subject. However, all floods leave evidence, silt layers, plant remains, detritus etc and a global flood that resulted from such an amount of water and lasted for over a year (read the babble) would leave considerable evidence. NO SUCH EVIDENCE EXISTS
Great let us look at silt layers...

Where would you expect to find silt layers?

Does the rate of water flow effect the silt layers?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#100499
Oct 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes I do know, my hobby is the Cro Magnon period so I do spend considerable time each year investigating (for personal enjoyment) fossil evidence and the geological column in southern France. I have recently returned from a holiday trip in which I investigated a Neanderthal gravesite that is dated 55,000 years old.
The evidence I would expect to see if a global flood had occurred is a silt layer on a global scale containing evidence (including fossils) of a mass extinction. NO SUCH EVIDENCE EXISTS
First, how was the dating done? What was dated, the cave or the fossils?

Next, what EVIDENCE would you expect to see if there was no flood? We would find all kinds of transitional fossils all over the place, but guess what? NO SUCH EVIDENCE EXISTS.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••