Evolution vs. Creation

Evolution vs. Creation

There are 223384 comments on the Best of New Orleans story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Evolution vs. Creation. In it, Best of New Orleans reports that:

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Best of New Orleans.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#100460 Oct 4, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Facts don't exist to disprove a global flood. Opinions, opinions claim certain pieces of evidence prove there wasn't a global flood. Understand that difference?
Let's put this another way, we can look at the geological history of Earth going back for hundreds of millions of years.
Evidence for a global flood in the last 200,000 years or even the last 2,000,000 years or the last 20 m/y simply does not exist.
These is absolutely no trace of your mythical global flood.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#100461 Oct 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The creation of the landmasses part goofy.
The part where volcanic eruptions created the first granites that became the first landmass, granite being lighter than the heavier basaltic oceanic crust floats on top of it. Some of the oldest is still around , in Greenland and South Africa. These are 3.5-3.8 billion years old. Some of the original basaltic crust has been found also. These are basic geology facts, if you researched it you would know.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geological_histo...
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/12/...
Oh good, they sent you represent... this should be quick.

So, genius. You claim that Volcanic eruptions are the primary factor?
You also claimed,
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
The creation of the landmasses part goofy.
The part where volcanic eruptions created the first granites that became the first landmass,
First landmass? So tell us then what was the surface of the earth before this first landmass?

MAYDAY! MAYDAY! AM got spanked!

Send me someone that can at least pretend to try be serious. yawn..
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#100462 Oct 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's put this another way, we can look at the geological history of Earth going back for hundreds of millions of years.
Evidence for a global flood in the last 200,000 years or even the last 2,000,000 years or the last 20 m/y simply does not exist.
These is absolutely no trace of your mythical global flood.
Oh I can't wait to address this one, but I'll wait for you on the previous post. Not sure you are up to multiple spankings.

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#100463 Oct 4, 2013
What a complete tard!
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#100464 Oct 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again idiot. I don't run away.
I don't go off half-cocked either.
Think before you ask your questions and I will gladly give even a complete braindead tard like you answers.
But not tonight.
Sure,
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#100465 Oct 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong you idiot. I am giving No Surprise his turn to provide his evidence first. He made the original claim, it is up to him to provide evidence.
Meanwhile think out your questions carefully and I will provide evidence later today since it is too late for me to do serious work tonight.
Thing is in ten minutes, I'll have forgotten all about you, but you will be thinking about me all day...

Today when you see the color BLUE, you see an image of yourself turning BLUE,(like the girl in Wonka that turned into a blueberry) that will remind you of how I exposed you in front of all your little trolls in here and that makes you BLUE.

OK, I'm done with this one, tossing back.

Next?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#100466 Oct 4, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure,
Again, ask your questions carefully and I will answer them.

Not now. It is well past my bedtime.

I am not a lying creatard. The facts are on my side. Do you seriously think that I cannot find evidence that supports my claims?

Meanwhile why don't you ask No Surprise to find evidence that supports his claims. He made his first.

Oh wait, you are a total tard, as shown by your response to Aura Mytha. Never mind.

But still try to ask some questions. I will answer them sometime much later today.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#100467 Oct 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
What a complete tard!
Tard? Really? I thought you were at least in your 20's. My bad...

I also take it you have a younger sibling...
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#100468 Oct 4, 2013
Subduction Zone wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, ask your questions carefully and I will answer them.
Not now. It is well past my bedtime.
I am not a lying creatard. The facts are on my side. Do you seriously think that I cannot find evidence that supports my claims?
Meanwhile why don't you ask No Surprise to find evidence that supports his claims. He made his first.
Oh wait, you are a total tard, as shown by your response to Aura Mytha. Never mind.
But still try to ask some questions. I will answer them sometime much later today.
Don't forget to ask your teacher for some help...and dream about me tonight, k?

Level 9

Since: Sep 08

Everett, WA

#100469 Oct 4, 2013
I see the soi disant "EXPERT" has no questions.

I didn't think so.

What a tard.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#100470 Oct 4, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text> Oh good, they sent you represent... this should be quick.
So, genius. You claim that Volcanic eruptions are the primary factor?
You also claimed,<quoted text> First landmass? So tell us then what was the surface of the earth before this first landmass?
MAYDAY! MAYDAY! AM got spanked!
Send me someone that can at least pretend to try be serious. yawn..
A shallow sea with a basaltic crust .

The Earth was molten at first, when it cooled water from steam and molecular H2O condensed and covered the first crust, which turned into basaltic rock.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#100471 Oct 4, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I can't wait to address this one, but I'll wait for you on the previous post. Not sure you are up to multiple spankings.
You couldn't beat your way through wet toilet paper, nor compete academically with anyone over 10 years old who read a science book.
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#100472 Oct 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
A shallow sea with a basaltic crust .
The Earth was molten at first, when it cooled water from steam and molecular H2O condensed and covered the first crust, which turned into basaltic rock.
So you claim at one point the entire surface was covered by water, yes?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#100473 Oct 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
A shallow sea with a basaltic crust .
The Earth was molten at first, when it cooled water from steam and molecular H2O condensed and covered the first crust, which turned into basaltic rock.
You also claim at one point the entire surface was molten, yes?
EXPERT

Redding, CA

#100474 Oct 4, 2013
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
You couldn't beat your way through wet toilet paper, nor compete academically with anyone over 10 years old who read a science book.
I was afraid this would happen...you want me!

Level 6

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#100475 Oct 4, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Doofus? lol...fricking to funny states the doofus who believes theories never become fact. Are you pathetically ignorant? It was a theory that disagreed with a more popular theory that proved and became a fact that the earth rotated around the sun and not viceversa. Theories were the basis of all established facts. Theories where probable/provable became/become an established fact in science.
If your logic is correct(which it isn't)that theories NEVER become fact, than it's still an unproven theory that the sun is the center of our solar system.
If your logic is correct(which it isn't)that theories NEVER become fact, than it's still an unproven theory that gravity holds us to this earth.
Should I continue with your logic? Hmm?
Time you understood the difference between theory and fact in a scientific sense. Your gravity example is perfect.

Its a fact thay gravity holds us to earth.

But explaining gravity is done by theory. Newton was close, Einstein is closer. They use completely different conceptions of HOW gravity works. Tomorrow someone may come up with an even better explanation for the same facts using a completely different theory.

In terms of explanation of facts, we can never be 100% sure we have the one and only correct explanation. The best guidelines we have are the success of the theory in predicting new facts, and Occam's razor.

Some theories become so central and explain so many facts so well and make such good predictionss that we think of them as facts too, but they are not really. Gravity is NOT a fact. An object accelerating such as the falling apple is a fact. Gravity is the theoretical explantion of the fact, and not the only one that men have believed in the past either.

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#100476 Oct 4, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>
So you claim at one point the entire surface was covered by water, yes?
Yes but there wasn't any mountains or people.
There sometime in this shallow ocean life did arise though.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Level 8

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#100477 Oct 4, 2013
OMG!! CHISEL Away..Folks!!

YO OLD GEEZERS!!

Why are ya STILL Persuing THIS Dead-Beat Subject???

“ad victoriam”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#100478 Oct 4, 2013
EXPERT wrote:
<quoted text>I was afraid this would happen...you want me!
Did you forget to take your medication? Because.....
WTH would want a goofy fundie?
Certainly not me.
Ozzie

Australia

#100479 Oct 4, 2013
Q: Who came first, the chicken or the egg?
A: The Rooster!
Bwhahaha! BWOORKK! Bock! Bock! Bock!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Last 3 Letters into 3 new words. (Dec '08) 7 min andet1987 62,903
Make A Sentance out of a 5 letter word. (Nov '09) 9 min andet1987 39,918
Type the word Cat 12 min North Mountain 345
Last two letters into two new words... (Jun '15) 16 min andet1987 7,741
Names, A to Z, ... (Aug '12) 18 min andet1987 4,777
Play "end of the name"... (Jun '15) 20 min andet1987 3,992
only TWO words! (Nov '08) 30 min andet1987 28,498
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 8 hr wichita-rick 231,455
WHo ARe YOu THinking ABout RIght NOw (Jul '13) 10 hr North Mountain 1,560
Two rhyming words! (Jun '12) 10 hr North Mountain 858