Evolution vs. Creation

Full story: Best of New Orleans

High school senior Zack Kopplin is leading the fight to repeal the Louisiana Science Education Act of 2008.
Comments
94,761 - 94,780 of 115,307 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#100282 Sep 28, 2013
thewordofme wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the 1990's, archaeologists have explored and dated eleven Middle Archaic sites in present-day Louisiana and Florida at which early cultures built complexes with multiple earthwork mounds; they were societies of hunter-gatherers rather than the settled agriculturalists believed necessary according to the theory of Neolithic Revolution to sustain such large villages over long periods.
The prime example is Watson Brake in northern Louisiana, whose 11-mound complex is dated to 3500 BC, making it the oldest, dated site in the Americas for such complex construction. Construction of the mounds went on for 500 years until was abandoned about 2800 BC, probably due to changing environmental conditions.
Poverty Point culture is a Late Archaic archaeological culture that inhabited the area of the lower Mississippi Valley and surrounding Gulf Coast. The culture thrived from 2200 BC to 700 BC, during the Late Archaic period.[23] Artifacts show the people traded with other Native Americans located from Georgia to the Great Lakes region.
This is one among numerous mound sites of complex indigenous cultures throughout the Mississippi and Ohio valleys. They were one of several succeeding cultures often referred to as mound builders.
We have tremendous evidence of 'Native Americans' in the Americas from 13,000 years ago till today. What the heck else do you want.
If a million Native Americans gathered together and stomped around an area for 40 years we WOULD know about it. A small group constantly traveling to following herds....not so much.
Learn science dude.
Early Indian sites are called Pre-Clovis , while there has been things found very old like some of the petroglyphs they now say are 35 ybp, most are like you said though they are pushing 14,000 ybp. Here is an interactive map of them.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/ancient/explore-...

There is one on my state , one of the oldest known . But I think the reasons we don't find many actual Indian bones is that they were very careful about how they handled the dead. You know they were really superstitious and most likely thought if they didn't treat remains a certain way they would come back and haunt the living.

http://www.pbs.org/saf/1406/segments/1406-1.h...

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2008/...

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Level 8

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#100283 Sep 28, 2013
DanFromSmithville wrote:
<quoted text>I would say that when the Tzar was growing up, what he pictured about science was the image he saw in TV and the movies.
I only know he has resorted to dishonesty , when we exchanged posts about gravity he turned into a denying and lying buffoon.
He clearly will not be shaken from religious stupidity, he prefers to omit whatever conflicts with his pseudoscience. The scary part is he has to lie through his teeth to copy and paste the right parts, being careful not to include the parts that reveals his stupidity.
SAD

Level 2

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#100284 Sep 29, 2013
God almighty is the alpha and omega.

“Pissing people off since 1949”

Level 8

Since: Apr 08

Lakeland, FL

#100285 Sep 29, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Well mike lets look at you post.
Nothing there mike kind of like your head.
More like your evidence.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100286 Sep 29, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
Let us look and yet another post from the guitar man.
Nope not seeing anything here at all either mike.
Mike does that guitar suppose to make you look cool?
I am cool. Bummer for you that you're such a jackass.

Why do you keep posting stupid bullshit anyway? It that supposed to make you look smart?

It isn't working.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100287 Sep 29, 2013
The Almighty Tzar wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know Stephen Hawkings is?
Evidently, neither do you.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100288 Sep 29, 2013
replaytime wrote:
I made a comment the other day for everyone to drop all the BS and show proof/evidence for what everyone claims from legitimate sites but I was hit with negative judgits.
You might consider the fact that evidence has been posted over and over again for the last several years. It does get a little annoying when someone demands something that has been explained a 100 times.
replaytime wrote:
I think both sides lack in evidence and just have words, faith in what they believe and what they have been fed to back up what they say.
Think whatever you like. It changes nothing.

Since: Sep 13

UK

#100289 Sep 29, 2013
Why do people insist on this thread of labelling people racist as though that means anything.

I say that it does not mean anything because Darwinism as been used to espouse racist views but also so as the bible.

I'm an atheist and one of the best friends I have is a christian yet he does not try to convince me of gods existance and I don't try to convince him he doesn't exist. We simply respect each others views.

Debate is healthy but the insults prove nothing other than the lack of intelligence of those making them.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100290 Sep 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Well according to what the Bible reveals, yes. To understand the Bible from a skeptic's view point as your's will never allow you to understand it at all. Trying to understand something while having a negative view of it usually doesn't happen.
If you want to understand the Bible, you should at least pretend you believe in it as you read it to give you an idea of what believers believe of it. Just saying.
One more major load of crap.

You seem to overlook that a great many of us DID believe in the bible. Raised in religious homes. Some of us - myself included - even went to religious schools. It was the bible itself (with a little help from it's 'friends') that convinced us that much of it was sheer baloney.

"You don't understand it" is the oldest, whiniest and absurdly useless defense of the thumpers. We understand it all too well.

Just saying.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100291 Sep 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
It's said this earth was once a ball of molten lava. Why don't you show evidence existing today that proves it? Should be easy. While you're at it, show five pieces of evidence that proves a global flood that can't be proven to have taken place didn't take place. Waiting....
Why don't you read a book? Or learn to use Google? Or Wikipedia?

I've already given posted the Atacama. No reaction.

Waiting...

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100292 Sep 29, 2013
narrefran wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=Qsz63qWoa9 4 This is amazing
obama was a monkey or? still is?
Better than a jackass from Pittsburgh.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100293 Sep 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
When I hear from narrow shut minds like your's, I remember when material such as FACT, measurement, observation and education were used to prove nothing could exist without sunlight, that nothing could exist in superheated water, that ancient human species never cross breeded. That climate and geological changes caused the dinosaur extinction etc.
No facts exist to prove a global flood never happened. A simple truth to state. Just saying.
Are you just lying or just ignorant? There is plenty of evidence that it never happened. Counter my last one and we'll go on from there.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100294 Sep 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Contemplate if the sea and ocean floors are land level. Now what? How much of your mountains would be above sea level?
WTF?

Contemplate if you had any idea of what you are talking about. Do you have even the faintest idea of the physics involved in such a scenario?

No, I expect not.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100295 Sep 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a perfect example for why science is so slow in it's advancements. If something can't be beheld by any of the human senses, then there's no reason to investigate it's possible existence. And a shut mind views nothing. But an open mind is the reason theories become fact.
Sez the loony who just proposed flattening out the surface of the earth to permit his imaginary flood.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100296 Sep 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a perfect example for why science is so slow in it's advancements. If something can't be beheld by any of the human senses, then there's no reason to investigate it's possible existence. And a shut mind views nothing. But an open mind is the reason theories become fact.
BTW, theories NEVER become fact, doofus. Theories attempt to explain facts. DUH!

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100297 Sep 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said there was evidence for a global flood.
Good. Then you can STFU about it.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100298 Sep 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
In the earth on every continent is a fine layer from the last asteroid that hit to the east of South America. That layer existed when dinosaurs were still walking the earth. Geologists have been analyzing the layers of the earth intently for the last 60 years and 99% of all those people analyzing the earth's layers never saw it because they weren't looking for it because they didn't know it existed. Yet it did exist. And they never saw it.

Don't be stupid.(If that's possible} They saw it. It took a while before they realized the significance of it.

[QUOTE who="No Surprise"]I never said a global flood took place but I have an open mind for possibilities for what might exist that hasn't been realized yet.
Fairytales can come true. It can happen to you...

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100299 Sep 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Got a clue for you. Floods produce lakes/seas/oceans. They don't appear without flooding. Is there evidence for this flooding process right below each lake/sea/ocean bed floor level? It should be there by your logic.
I've got a clue for you, bub. I'm in Florida. I can show you lake after lake that was not caused by floods. Ever hear of sink holes?

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100300 Sep 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolutely not except by extreme idealisms. If a small portion of a seafloor can be pushed up undisturbed to be exposed above surface without incinerating all local sea and nearby land life then who's to say great areas of sea/ocean floor couldn't be raised by the same method of movement? You of course would say it can't be done I understand. But it was done in a small sample and the catastrophes you attached to a large one weren't attached to the small one. So possibilities do exist.
What in the hell is wrong with you??? Do you actually think one event in Pakistan is equivalent to the same thing happening world wide?

The possibility absolutely does NOT exist.

Now go finish up your GED.

Level 8

Lakeland, FL

#100301 Sep 29, 2013
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather science investigate actual possibilities than just rejecting them and doing nothing which is what usually takes place.
It has been investigated. It has been rejected.

Have you forgotten that the flood was once widely accepted as true until it was realized it to be impossible?

The only do-nothing here is you in regards to actual science.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Weird Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big dawg 5 min Princess Hey 419
What are you thinking about now? (Jun '10) 5 min Sublime1 18,652
Simple things that make you happy, horny.... (Oct '12) 15 min Harrison Freebird 66
What song are you listening to right now? (Apr '08) 20 min the wandering girl 145,418
Media BUZZ 26 min Spirit67_ 2
What ?? are you thinking about NOW? 2014 27 min Spirit67_ 347
6 letter word ...change one letter game (Oct '08) 28 min the wandering girl 25,846
El's Kitchen (Feb '09) 1 hr Nobody 2 Special 36,039
Women Hid Stolen Watches in Their Vaginas in Bi... 9 hr szell 19
What's your tip for the day? 9 hr SLY WEST 832
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Weird People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••